You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Blogs IV - We want you!

13»

Comments

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited December 2009
    I'd like to see flutnush blogging (he's floppin marvellous}---and agree with peeps that talon would do helpful blogs
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited December 2009
    Can I vote for Talon & Ladyfingrs

Ta
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited December 2009
    I like to back talon, has helped lot of people with new game of omaha, and is always gr8 bloke 2 chat with at the tables
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited December 2009
    Good luck to whomever gets chosen. It is certainly a good experience, and you get to tell everyone you know you wrote a blog for Sky. ;)

• Options
    lufcpatlufcpat Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2009
    I would vote for talon. a really helpful person and has posted good info on omaha.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Blogs IV - We want you!:
    Good luck to whomever gets chosen. It is certainly a good experience, and you get to tell everyone you know you wrote a blog for Sky. ;)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    It is loads of fun, but does take up valuable playing time and stop you sleeping while you try to draft ideas together.

Dont fall into my trick of drafting stuff out using word then pasting it over to the blog page. It does not work correctly and makes a fool of all your fonts.

You then spend 2 hours trying to correct them, and once you think you have finished, you go all the way back up to check, and they have gone tiny again.

Elsadog would be another fantastic blogger as he has some wonderful stories and a wicked sense of humour.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    hey guys,

thanks for all your interest in this. don't worry if you're not chosen this time around, there will be plenty more opportunities to write your own blog.

ok, so the 3 chosen to write blogs this time are Flutnush, Talon and Dingdell.

well done guys - i will be in touch after Christmas (before new year) with the details you need to get you started.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,217
    edited December 2009

Talon, FlutNush & Dingdell for me, the thinking peoples Bloggers.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited December 2009
    Three excellent choices.
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited December 2009
    Three excellent choices.
    Posted by MereNovice
    +1

Well done to everyone who got a blog

Maybe next year :(
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited December 2009
    Well done all three, gl next time Ladyfingers.
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited December 2009
    Three great people to do blogs.
    I am sure they will all be informative and funny.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited December 2009
    Why not have 4 bloggers, ladyfingrs could take over the space when sky santa goes north for another year, its not like it costs anything lol. if not i vote ladyfingrs for next time, i will start one of those internet campaigns that we all hear about 
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited December 2009
    hey guys, thanks for all your interest in this. don't worry if you're not chosen this time around, there will be plenty more opportunities to write your own blog. ok, so the 3 chosen to write blogs this time are Flutnush , Talon and Dingdell . well done guys - i will be in touch after Christmas (before new year) with the details you need to get you started.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    well done rich spot on again ,

with the choices ,

but could have been any of the the posters ,

all great posters,

but plenty of time for more bloggers ,

a tough task for u rich lol,

u need 36 bloggers in the next 12 months ,

so good luck to all the new bloggers,

and plenty of time for all others who wish to.

your irish m8 rover
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited December 2009
    Great choices for bloggers looking forward to reading them already. I vote for elsadog, ladyfingers, and Irish rover for the next time .
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    well done guys---looking forward to your blogs

ps--hope you put a big effort in--dont forget, you are going to get "some cool rewards"
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    well done guys---looking forward to your blogs ps--hope you put a big effort in--dont forget, you are going to get "some cool rewards"
    Posted by oynutter

but remember guys, the motivation for writing a blog in the community is not about getting 'rewards' it should be because you enjoy writing and feel being given your own blog and being highlighted on the site is reward enough.

nevertheless, there will be a small thank you once you have finished.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The comments on my blogs were plenty reward enough for me lads and lasses--plenty---and a massive big thank you for everyone that left a comment, it was fantastic to read them all, and me julee was well impressed, so thanks for that too--lol----It meant so much to me, and it was brilliant reading them all and knowing that my efforts were not in vain---I enjoyed it all tremendously, and I'm sure the next batch will too---so do leave a comment if you enjoy them peeps---The comments are our inspiration!---I did my blogs for a laugh, and to entertain the peeps, not for "some cool rewards", and not even for "a small thank you"----I have already had a massive thank you from the people that read and enjoyed them, for that I am truly grateful, thanks lads and lasses, it was brilliant!!