You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Few questions to you guys

kebawokebawo Member Posts: 51
edited May 2015 in Feedback & Suggestions
Been thinking of joining skypoker after a few referalls from friends and I've finally joined, haven't played a game yet and just been researching the site etc and I just have a few questions...

Firstly after looking over at the RNG audit it says...  "TST certified Sky Poker's RNG in September 2009. Their results confirmed that our RNG is completely fair, random and unpredictable, within the degrees of freedom used for statistical analysis." 

So that means 6 years ago the RNG audit was carried out... I presume there has been alot of software updates since then so do you guys still feel safe playing online poker on this site when the RNG hasn't been tested for 6 years?

Next question...

Other than BRM, what is the most important thing in poker? I would say volume myself I dunno about you guys... How can someone like Chris Moorman (who imo is one of the best MTT players in the world) out of nowhere joins skypoker and plays 4 MTT's comes 3/469 for £3.7k in the UKOPS ME then 1/92 for nearly £10k in the UKOPS HR... So all in all 4 MTT's which is no volume at all and still manages that, now looking at skypokerchannel on youtube he's always on there... Seems like a great marketing tool for him to come 3/469 with channing 2nd and then 1/92 :) Coincidence? Not sure myself.

Same again with Channing after following him for years watching him on youtube, watching him play omaha cash on stars he just seems like he's had it, but still joins skypoker plays 3 MTT's and comes 2/469 forr £6.5k and obviously 3 MTT's volume wise is nothing, then apparently he is now the "ambassador" of skypoker :D hmmm... That boomswitch must be nice.

Comments

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited May 2015

Question for you.....What was your previous account alias out of interest?

• kebawokebawo Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2015
    It's weird how unless you're not a regular on these forums you're treated like a piece of dirt, if you don't wanna answer the questions then don't reply.
  • Sir-GarySir-Gary Member Posts: 1,052
    edited May 2015
    Hi welcome, I would not worry about the RNG, if it was completely fair 6 years ago and they haven't changed it, then it still is. It is only used to provide a seed number to produce cards randomly in the process. contrary to what you hear and the rumours that abound it is in the sites interest to maintain fair play always.
  • jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys:
    It's weird how unless you're not a regular on these forums you're treated like a piece of dirt, if you don't wanna answer the questions then don't reply.
    Posted by kebawo

how can you generate that opinion if you are new to the site??
  • aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited May 2015
    Posted by kebawo

dish dirt = treated like dirt

i guess you have previous, whoever you are/were.

edited May 2015
    Posted by kebawo
    Wanted to gauge your reaction. If this is your first account then I apologise profusely.

To answer your Q's, well Gary has answered one, and you pretty much answer the other question in your OP, as you say Moorman is one of the best players in the world, so why couldn't he go deep in a couple of MTTs on Sky?

Ditto for Neil, great and very experienced player, why on earth can't he go very deep in a tournament?

Anymore questions? Make them as thinly veiled 'site is dodgy' as you like :)
  • BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Few questions to you guys:
    Been thinking of joining skypoker after a few referalls from friends and I've finally joined, haven't played a game yet and just been researching the site etc and I just have a few questions... Firstly after looking over at the RNG audit it says...    "TST certified Sky Poker's RNG in September 2009. Their results confirmed that our RNG is completely fair, random and unpredictable, within the degrees of freedom used for statistical analysis."  So that means 6 years ago the RNG audit was carried out... I presume there has been alot of software updates since then so do you guys still feel safe playing online poker on this site when the RNG hasn't been tested for 6 years? Next question... Other than BRM, what is the most important thing in poker? I would say volume myself I dunno about you guys... How can someone like Chris Moorman (who imo is one of the best MTT players in the world) out of nowhere joins skypoker and plays 4 MTT's comes 3/469 for £3.7k in the UKOPS ME then 1/92 for nearly £10k in the UKOPS HR... So all in all 4 MTT's which is no volume at all and still manages that, now looking at skypokerchannel on youtube he's always on there... Seems like a great marketing tool for him to come 3/469 with channing 2nd and then 1/92 :) Coincidence? Not sure myself. Same again with Channing after following him for years watching him on youtube, watching him play omaha cash on stars he just seems like he's had it, but still joins skypoker plays 3 MTT's and comes 2/469 forr £6.5k and obviously 3 MTT's volume wise is nothing, then apparently he is now the "ambassador" of skypoker :D hmmm... That boomswitch must be nice.
    Posted by kebawo

You've had a few referrals from friends - surely their view will carry more weight than any reply you get on this thread?

edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : Wanted to gauge your reaction. If this is your first account then I apologise profusely. To answer your Q's, well Gary has answered one, and you pretty much answer the other question in your OP, as you say Moorman is one of the best players in the world, so why couldn't he go deep in a couple of MTTs on Sky? Ditto for Neil, great and very experienced player, why on earth can't he go very deep in a tournament? Anymore questions? Make them as thinly veiled 'site is dodgy' as you like :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    So you don't agree that by moorman and channing going deep in tournies with such low volume is a great marketing tool for newer players? Funny how defensive you're getting when apparently you're just a normal player here... I'm not having a go I'm just stating facts, likewise with stars isildur signed with them then next thing he wins $1.1m in the main event.

But yeah I obviously don't know moormans financial position atm but if he's attending the show every now and again I don't suppose it's that great but 4 MTT's on sky with £13.5k profit is very nice whereas on stars he's at 29k games with £334k profit so surely he knows there is value on this site? Yet channing and moorman are nowhere to be seen after their scores :)
  • Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited May 2015
    Why you post on here these questions? Why have you not played yet? I know research is good etc. But why not play and get a proper feel on the tables instead of trying to rile people.the wrong way. Everybody has a right to play where ever they want. Even top poker players. Stop with the veiled conspiracy theories. Get on and play on the tables. Where is the proof? 
    edited May 2015
    You guys are getting too defensive over a few questions... I'm simply asking reasonable questions and it's like I've said something so wrong. Everybody knows in MTT poker their is massive variance and in a 500~ MTT you WILL need to win flips to run deep, so it doesn't matter if you're the best MTT player in the world.
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : So you don't agree that by moorman and channing going deep in tournies with such low volume is a great marketing tool for newer players? Funny how defensive you're getting when apparently you're just a normal player here... I'm not having a go I'm just stating facts, likewise with stars isildur signed with them then next thing he wins $1.1m in the main event. But yeah I obviously don't know moormans financial position atm but if he's attending the show every now and again I don't suppose it's that great but 4 MTT's on sky with £13.5k profit is very nice whereas on stars he's at 29k games with £334k profit so surely he knows there is value on this site? Yet channing and moorman are nowhere to be seen after their scores :)
    Posted by kebawo
    What has marketing tools got to do with anything?

Moorman was on the show to promote his book a while ago, just before that series of UKOPs was to start. Maybe he was asked to create an account and play a couple of the games in return for the advertising of the book? IDK, I'm just speculating.

Bear in mind the £500 high roller tourney was a very small field event, with a lot of the UKs talent playing in it. It might have been an MTT Moorman would have played anyway, the appeal being less than 100 runners and a healthy 10 grand up top. Plenty of top UK players only play here for special events and UKOPs, they won't be seen in your day to day main events.

I really don't understand what you're trying to get at? Neil plays on the site quite regularly, though perhaps his NChanning alias doesn't make it clear enough for some that it's actually Neil.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,164
    edited May 2015
    What next?
    'Been looking through some posts. Not happy about Mickjenn1 getting forum banned, he seemed like a real funny guy'

• Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited May 2015
    In short...

They're both really good MTT players that happened to rungood when they played their first few comps.

Channing probably doesn't play that often cos he's busy doing other stuff and Moorman probably doesn't play that often because the prizepools just aint big enough for him. I imagine he played UKOPS because the BIs are much bigger, the guarantees are much bigger and also it's a bit of self promotion I guess cos at the time he was coming onto the show getting publicity for his new book. On a regular week to week basis, he probably doesn't see it as worth his while to grind Sky MTTs.
    edited May 2015
    In short... They're both really good MTT players that happened to rungood when they played their first few comps. Channing probably doesn't play that often cos he's busy doing other stuff and Moorman probably doesn't play that often because the prizepools just aint big enough for him. I imagine he played UKOPS because the BIs are much bigger, the guarantees are much bigger and also it's a bit of self promotion I guess cos at the time he was coming onto the show getting publicity for his new book. On a regular week to week basis, he probably doesn't see it as worth his while to grind Sky MTTs.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Please guys take note from this guy... Genuine reply without making sly digs thank you.

And hhyyrt or w/e ofc it's a great marketing tool having 2 presumably good players play 3 / 4 games and do well on their site shows new players if you put time and effort into learning the game you might run as well as they do.
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : Please guys take note from this guy... Genuine reply without making sly digs thank you. And hhyyrt or w/e ofc it's a great marketing tool having 2 presumably good players play 3 / 4 games and do well on their site shows new players if you put time and effort into learning the game you might run as well as they do.
    Posted by kebawo
    I didn't say it wouldn't be a great marketing tool, I questioned what marketing tools has to do with anything as there is no mention in the OP of any such thing.

I think all the replies have been genuine, certainly more genuine than your 'questions' warranted. I actually think the best reply is from someone I rarely see eye to eye with, BigBluster. If your friends pointed you in the direction of Sky Poker, then surely you're gonna trust their word way more than the views of some random internet people.
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : I didn't say it wouldn't be a great marketing tool, I questioned what marketing tools has to do with anything as there is no mention in the OP of any such thing. I think all the replies have been genuine, certainly more genuine than your 'questions' warranted. I actually think the best reply is from someone I rarely see eye to eye with, BigBluster. If your friends pointed you in the direction of Sky Poker, then surely you're gonna trust their word way more than the views of some random internet people.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    They haven't got a clue and are losing players that probably play around once or twice a week not that it matters.

I'm saying it's quite a coincidence when volume is one of the most used words in poker yet they can crush a 500 man tourny with ease after only playing 3  and  4 games when it's a well known fact that RNG's are not truely random.

• robertodrobertod Member Posts: 152
    edited May 2015
    I've noticed that Chelsea have won the premier league title this year despite not playing the best football in my opinion. You have to share my dubious belief that other teams such as Southampton, Arsenal and even Burnley are far more deserving of being champions as I saw them play better than Chelsea on at least 2 occasions. Also what are those moon " landings" all about? What an idiot you sound like Kebawo. Go play somewhere else you loser.
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : They haven't got a clue and are losing players that probably play around once or twice a week not that it matters. I'm saying it's quite a coincidence when volume is one of the most used words in poker yet they can crush a 500 man tourny with ease after only playing 3  and  4 games when it's a well known fact that RNG's are not truely random.
    Posted by kebawo
    The high roller tourney had less than 100 runners.

Right, reading between the lines, you are basically saying the tournaments were fixed to allow Moorman and Channing to do well?
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : They haven't got a clue and are losing players that probably play around once or twice a week not that it matters. I'm saying it's quite a coincidence when volume is one of the most used words in poker yet they can crush a 500 man tourny with ease after only playing 3  and  4 games when it's a well known fact that RNG's are not truely random.
    Posted by kebawo
    So it would be equally shocking if they played 3 or 4 tournis and bust in the first level of all of them (which I believe plenty of other 'names' have done)?

If Sky ran more large buy-in, large-field events that were worth their time then I'm sure the likes of Moorman would play more MTTs here and continue to run profitably... although obviously their average finish position would level out somewhere below where they sit after only a handful of (run good) games.

I suppose it is also worth re-iterating the standard thought that the average quality of player on Sky is weaker than on some sites due to the focus on driving recreational players in to the games. On that basis:

a) I'd expect players of Moorman's quality to do even better in games here vs their performance on sites like ***s or FT.

b) If you are a decent player then you should get playing asap because you'll find it way easier to profit here than you may on more reg-bias sites.
  • Sir-GarySir-Gary Member Posts: 1,052
    edited May 2015
    April the first has gone hasn't it?