You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

HH analysis

13»

Comments

• F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: HH analysis:
    Hero has given no info to suggest that villan is opening tight.  Sure if hes tight we can adjust our defending frequency some what but id still be very surprised if q9 shouldnt be included in our defending range bb vs button even vs a tight range.
    Posted by bearlyther
    When no info is provided I go off population reads and generally there are lots of players that open a pretty tight BTN range. Q9o looks better than it is. Villain probably doesn't open Q8o so we only dominate some of the suited Qx he opens. 

Q9s and QTo should be the worst Qx that we are defending imo.
  • TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited January 2016
    still think its a nitty fold pre, ivan.

btn is correct to open a tight range with us in the blinds: he has to be profitable from start of hand and he has a competant player in his big blind.

we already have 1bb invested; even if we lose 99bb/100 from start of hand then we are way better than folding in terms of cEV. we most definately can play wider than villain. you are correct to use population tendencies, but in any preflop decision also we must consider the average players post flop play. the average player isnt going to play his range accurately across flops, and i would argue wont play sufficiently well to deny us equity share enough for us to want to fold a hand as strong as Q9. that it doesnt dominate Qx in his range isnt of much consequence [though note it does dominate J9, T9, 98s, 97s type holdings].

note that a tight value range is also a well defined range and we wont be put in difficult spots by the average player.

the fact we have a 1bb investment in the hand, the fact villains range is well defined, the tendency for the average player to play sub-par face-up ABC poker poorly on board run-outs all point to Q9 being a very comfortable readless flat. i personally dont think it is close.