You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A farewell to all.

cowheadcowhead Member Posts: 177
edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
Well, that time has come for me to say goodbye. I've had fun and good fortune at the tables here on Sky. I've been fortunate to have won both, the mini and main in my time on here. I was fortunate enough to have won a UKOP rebuy event last year too aswell as a few other notable tourneys for a nice little profit. It paid for my wedding and honeymoon in NYC.

If I'm being totally honest I love the site because I love bounty hunters and I really like short handed play, but, I've just had enough. The software issues on here are a major gripe, the customer support when you report these issues just give you generic replies and don't give a chit.

Even if I wanted to carry on playing here I couldn't as it seems I have been doomswitched and gone broke after I withdrew most of the roll I'd built. I did cash out almost my whole roll to go to NYC and left myself short but to lose over a 12 month period since then is a bit of a joke for someone of my calibre.

I've taken my lumps though and have now switched my attention back to backgammon. I used to play as a kid and have just found out you can play online for money, so anyone waning to play just drop me a PM and we can get a game on sometime.

GL and run good in future.

Dave.

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited January 2016
    don,t be to hasty Dave, you as much as anybody knows the ups and downs of this game,you,re a great player don,t get so down about it m8, don,t take it so serious, play it one day at a time you,ll enjoy it more especially if you lower your goals and not expect..we had abit of banter tonight and thats whats it about m8...you cash,thats great you don,t , meh it don,t matter another day another game,just carry on as long as your not spending mega money treat it as a hobby..glgl
  • Options
    alex1229alex1229 Member Posts: 680
    edited January 2016
    see you next week
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,473
    edited January 2016
    In Response to A farewell to all.:
    Well, that time has come for me to say goodbye. I've had fun and good fortune at the tables here on Sky. I've been fortunate to have won both, the mini and main in my time on here. I was fortunate enough to have won a UKOP rebuy event last year too aswell as a few other notable tourneys for a nice little profit. It paid for my wedding and honeymoon in NYC. If I'm being totally honest I love the site because I love bounty hunters and I really like short handed play, but, I've just had enough. The software issues on here are a major gripe, the customer support when you report these issues just give you generic replies and don't give a chit. Even if I wanted to carry on playing here I couldn't as it seems I have been doomswitched and gone broke after I withdrew most of the roll I'd built. I did cash out almost my whole roll to go to NYC and left myself short but to lose over a 12 month period since then is a bit of a joke for someone of my calibre. I've taken my lumps though and have now switched my attention back to backgammon. I used to play as a kid and have just found out you can play online for money, so anyone waning to play just drop me a PM and we can get a game on sometime. GL and run good in future. Dave.
    Posted by cowhead
    Hi Dave,

How do you define "Customer Support"?

You've started - not without justification - several threads complaining about this & that. I've addressed every one in detail, at length, & honestly.

Is that not high quality Customer Support? Don't think you'd get that at any other room.

Anyway, best of luck with your backgammon, & let's hope they don't flick that mythical doomswitch.

Take care.

• Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited January 2016
    Such a arrogant post, sound such a p***k

"lose over a 12 month period since then is a bit of a joke for someone of my calibre"

So you think you are too good to lose, as you have told others on this forum its called variance. 

Maybe your just lucky to be up as much as you are. 

Plus looking at your scope you are up 2 grand in the last 12 months

Down a few 100 in last few months is the reality which can happen to anyone.

So wind your neck in and good luck with you backgammon
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,362
    edited January 2016
    Im mortified to read this OP

The Doomswitch is a self inflicted demon.

The generic responses of the Sky CC are what makes sky unique . Id much rather the amateur feel than the pruned slick feel of the big site , with every angle covered 'yawn'.

Sky poker is at a golden age , its like looking back at the 70's and wishing we were still there. We are there. I've played on loads of sites / skins , no other site has this atmosphere  of honesty and amateurness , the warts and broken things should be cherished, when they go , there gone forever.
  • Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited January 2016
    Its pretty impressive to get a brag post, complaint and leaving post in such a short message..

if you are going to CC to make a software complaint then im sure they have been getting the same complaints from other people about the same issue so its no surprise that you will be getting a generic reply, you just have to hope that they are trying to fix the obvious issues.

as for your "doomswitch" its highly likely that your are either running below ev or you arent making any effort to improve.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I'm laughing like a good 'un at mumsie's post.

I used to have a lawn mower like that, too. It needed a bit of coaxing into life, & was a bit temperamental at times, but it was just the job, & I loved it as much as any man can love any lawnmower. One day, in a fit of stupidity, I chucked it in the skip & got myself a new one, think it was called something like "Pokerstar Mower".

Well, I needed an instruction manual to turn it on, & it had gadgetry all over the shop, little of which I understood.

I regretted skipping my old one ever since.   
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all.:
    Its pretty impressive to get a brag post, complaint and leaving post in such a short message.. if you are going to CC to make a software complaint then im sure they have been getting the same complaints from other people about the same issue so its no surprise that you will be getting a generic reply, you just have to hope that they are trying to fix the obvious issues. as for your "doomswitch" its highly likely that your are either running below ev or you arent making any effort to improve.
    Posted by jordz16
    That's called "covering all bases", or for oldies, "belt & braces".  
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2016
    I'm laughing like a good 'un at mumsie's post. I used to have a lawn mower like that, too. It needed a bit of coaxing into life, & was a bit temperamental at times, but it was just the job, & I loved it as much as any man can love any lawnmower. One day, in a fit of stupidity, I chucked it in the skip & got myself a new one, think it was called something like "Pokerstar Mower". Well, I needed an instruction manual to turn it on, & it had gadgetry all over the shop, little of which I understood. I regretted skipping my old one ever since.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm sure there are web sites for that sort of thing.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,148
    edited January 2016
    I'm laughing like a good 'un at mumsie's post. I used to have a lawn mower like that, too. It needed a bit of coaxing into life, & was a bit temperamental at times, but it was just the job, & I loved it as much as any man can love any lawnmower. One day, in a fit of stupidity, I chucked it in the skip & got myself a new one, think it was called something like "Pokerstar Mower". Well, I needed an instruction manual to turn it on, & it had gadgetry all over the shop, little of which I understood. I regretted skipping my old one ever since.   
    Posted by Tikay10

did this mower have third party software that told you how many times you opened the shed, % pre cut blade raise, % voluntary cuttings, post cut aggression etc...?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Let me just add that I know Dave, & he's getting a bit of a hard time here, & yes, I can see why. But he's a good guy really, so let's try to be understanding, he just gets frustrated with some things.

Fair play to him, at least he did not do the UPPER CASE thread title, adorned with the old triple salko punctuation.  

Some sympathy is due, actually - he's a Sunderland supporter, & that's quite a cross to bear. Still, on the brighter side, it could have been worse - he could be a Newcastle fan. 

Think that's called "between a rock & a hard place".  
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. : did this mower have third party software that told you how many times you opened the shed, % pre cut blade raise, % voluntary cuttings, post cut aggression etc...?
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Yup, all that stuff, but worse than that, it told OTHER people all my lawn details, which I thought was a bit of a liberty. 
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited January 2016
    Its pretty impressive to get a brag post, complaint and leaving post in such a short message.. if you are going to CC to make a software complaint then im sure they have been getting the same complaints from other people about the same issue so its no surprise that you will be getting a generic reply, you just have to hope that they are trying to fix the obvious issues. as for your "doomswitch" its highly likely that your are either running below ev or you arent making any effort to improve.
    Posted by jordz16

excellent.

• Options
    edited January 2016

just to add that cow is a very good player.  he has been for a few years too.  he was at his best two years ago when he was the cow's bullocks although this year he is more like ermintrude. 

• Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    edited January 2016
    He's gone just like aussie who swore never to post again lol.

Stuart your so harsh....i love it lol

• Options
    edited January 2016
    He's gone just like aussie who swore never to post again lol. Stuart your so harsh....i love it lol
    Posted by gerardirl
    that's not even true.

• Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,362
    edited January 2016
    :P
    Posted by gerardirl
    we know
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    just to add that cow is a very good player.  he has been for a few years too.  he was at his best two years ago when he was the cow's bullocks although this year he is more like ermintrude. 
    Posted by aussie09
    Correct. A shame that a downswing gets into people's minds in the strangest ways, though. What an awesome beast variance can be.  

Some may remember Dave from SPT Newcastle, many years ago, when he made the Final Table & finished, I think, 8th.

The Final Table included GliterBabe (winner), the dreaded Daughter, (2nd) aka Jamie Louise Barrett ( the Daughter of the equally dreaded MOTHER), & a young lady - a really most impressive player - by the name of Rachel Costa, who finished 7th.

There was one of those crash bang wallop hands, think it was The Daughter with A-K, & Rachel Costa with Aces, & the Board ran out A-Q-J-10-2, giving The Daughter an unlikely double up, & Rachel got busted.

The Daughter won about £3,000 for that, & promptly ran away with a policeman.

You probably think I make this stuff up, but every word is true. 
  • Options
    cowheadcowhead Member Posts: 177
    edited January 2016
    Such a arrogant post, sound such a p***k " lose over a 12 month period since then is a bit of a joke for someone of my calibre " So you think you are too good to lose, as you have told others on this forum its called variance.  Maybe your just lucky to be up as much as you are.  Plus looking at your scope you are up 2 grand in the last 12 months Down a few 100 in last few months is the reality which can happen to anyone. So wind your neck in and good luck with you backgammon
    Posted by stuarty117
    A lot of what i wrote was tongue in cheek, like (a player of my calibre). 
    Thanks for your kind words though fella. I'll miss you too.