You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Technical Hints and Tips for Community

13»

Comments

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2011
    Just post up in this section if you need any advice on which laptop to buy or which broadband supplier to choose.
  • bigal36903bigal36903 Member Posts: 1,011
    edited November 2011
    my download isnt working..   i have uninstalled it and rebouted and reloaded it but still not working
    any help ??
  • AlbieKirkyAlbieKirky Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Hi, I've only been playing poker about 6 weeks so I've been trying to put the valuable tips and info I am learning on channel 865 into practice on the free play tables.
    The trouble is the game plays out totally different to how it's suposed to.
    It seems anyone will call or raise in any position with any hand, so how do i tell who might have what.
    Is this  just the nature of the free tables i.e You can't really lose so anyone will have a bet no matter what their hole cards. Would I be better off playing the very low stakes tables and risk losing a few quid in the quest to better my game.
    Thanks,
    A.K
  • chopos180chopos180 Member Posts: 176
    edited April 2012
    try low stakes albie as no1 is ever gonna take the free tables seriously
    If you afford to lose a few quid then go for it but try a variety of games
    SNG,DYM,MTT and see what your niche is then go from there
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited April 2012
    Freeplay is good for learning the mechanics of how to play poker but not ideal for learning to actually play poker as you have seen people don't play seriously.

As chopos180 says 30p or 60p Double You Money SnG's, and small Tournaments starting at £1.10 I think are your best bet.

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    I think these technical helps and community tips are a bit irrelevant and the old dates displayed doesn't do the new forum any favours.

My thoughts anyway.
  • HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 896
    mumsie said:

I think these technical helps and community tips are a bit irrelevant and the old dates displayed doesn't do the new forum any favours.

My thoughts anyway.

i might be classed as a idiot at times on the tables but i have to agree with you im realy not liking this new forum it might be just teething problems so will give it a while and try and get used to it ..something just popped into my head ...if its not broke dont fix it ..anyway gl at the tables
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    See you in Brighton , its a long drive to Hastings. :)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,832
    mumsie said:

My thoughts anyway.

Agreed - they will disappear shortly.

So many different things on the go, but pruning dead threads is amongst them & I've already started & killed a few this morning.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

My thoughts anyway.

Agreed - they will disappear shortly.

So many different things on the go, but pruning dead threads is amongst them & I've already started & killed a few this morning.

I like it......... TiKay 'The Assassin'