You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Christmas Cracker Advent Calendar - yesterday reviewed, & today previewed

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
edited December 2017 in Poker Chat
I'm not going to tell you what's behind today's door, go take a look, here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/christmas-cracker

Don't forget, you MUST OPT IN if you want to take advantage of the Advent Calendar goodies.

Comments

• Options

Today is a really good start to Advent Calendar.

I'm pretty sure history will be made today, as nobody can possibly complain at today's offering.

Might be an idea to bookmark this thread, too. Next time someone comes on here & says "Sky Poker never do anything for the lesser-rolled players", direct them to this thread.

Good luck if you are in this, it really is "something for everyone".

And don't forget, you can only be involved in the Christmas Cracker Advent Calendar IF YOU ARE OPTED IN.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited December 2017
    Opted IN. Good start to the calendar this one. Can not seem to find the OPT OUT of Christmas button anyway though. Sort it out Sky. #humbug
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    'I'm pretty sure history will be made today, as nobody can possibly complain at today's offering.'

I'm out working and won't be able to register until much later on today so there is a chance it will be full and I won't be able to play, this is obviously aimed at regulars and people who don't have to work for a living, so unfair. Sort it out Sky! :)

p.s. Looks like a great promo, well done Sky.
  • Options
    ^^^^

Pipe down Tennis Bloke.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Tikay10 said:

I'm pretty sure history will be made today, as nobody can possibly complain at today's offering.

The promotion today is terrible, it means I actually have to register for a tournament and play poker, and I really can't be bothered.

Sort it out Sky
  • Options
    EvilPingu said:

Tikay10 said:

The promotion today is terrible, it means I actually have to register for a tournament and play poker, and I really can't be bothered.

Sort it out Sky
    Noot noot.

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    Did I ever mention the time I won an iPhone in the winter giveaway? :blush:

Another fantastic extra WP Sky
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    Oh no I will have to miss all my favourite soaps to play this
  • Options

Yesterday's Advent Calendar was a Freeroll - no points required to enter - with an iPhone8 to the winner, & £500 worth of cash prizes.

How many turned up to play it? 1,711. One thousand seven hundred & eleven.

Pretty popular, then.

• Options

Here's yesterday's Christmas Cracker Freeroll Final Table & winner;

beaty_dude 3422000 1 iphone 8
    Tsaaaar 0 2 £50
    mitmas 0 3 £30
    bobsey123 0 4 £20
    leslie1945 0 5 £15
    bigballoo 0 6 £15
  • Options
    edited December 2017

The mysteries of poker

For those who continue to be fascinated by the mysteries of poker, it's worth giving some thought to the winner, @beaty_dude.

Not a frequent Sky Poker player - has taken 4 years to play 102 MTT's here. Average stake £1.38, biggest ever cash was £24.38.

And yesterday, he or she navigated their way past 1,710 players to the winning post.

Isn't that incredible?

For those who say Sky Poker should not charge poker points to enter Freerolls, or those who think it's right to make sure Freerolls are reserved for regular players, it's certainly food for thought.

Either way, just try to imagine how chuffed beaty_dude must have felt when the dust settled. Congrats.

Amazing game, this poker.

• Options

What's behind the door today?

Go take a look.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/christmas-cracker

A little bit of effort is required today - but the more effort you make, the better your chances.

Good luck.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

The mysteries of poker

For those who continue to be fascinated by the mysteries of poker, it's worth giving some thought to the winner, @beaty_dude.

Not a frequent Sky Poker player - has taken 4 years to play 102 MTT's here. Average stake £1.38, biggest ever cash was £24.38.

And yesterday, he or she navigated their way past 1,710 players to the winning post.

Isn't that incredible?

For those who say Sky Poker should not charge poker points to enter Freerolls, or those who think it's right to make sure Freerolls are reserved for regular players, it's certainly food for thought.

Either way, just try to imagine how chuffed beaty_dude must have felt when the dust settled. Congrats.

Amazing game, this poker.

I think we can deduce your thoughts on it ;)

Curious to know why you only showed the top 6 finishers instead of, say, the top 44?
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,205
    Well I have got one ticket for the prize draw - and you only need one to have a chance! ☺
  • Options
    chiggypigchiggypig Member Posts: 235
    Very happy to see a raffle, do think it's the fairest way, rewards players with a proportional chance rather than just giving the top few players more free gadgets
  • Options

Well yesterday (Saturday) was a very easy target, so plenty will be in with a chance. Don't think we'll know the winner until tomorrow though.

Who will win it?

• Options

Interesting one today.

Not gonna give the game away, you need to open the advent Calendar yourself, which you can do here;

https://www.skypoker.com/cms/poker_xmaschallenge.shtm

I'll say this though. There's a Freeroll involved, & the value per player could be pretty big.

Good luck.
  • Options

You have about an hour left to get into the 10 seat Freeroll for tonight's £20,000 guaranteed Christmas Cracker Sunday Major.

So far, the Freeroll has 130 runners, but I fancy that a lot of those won't even realise they are in it, so a lot of non-runners are likely.

So if you are opted in, & want a seat in the Freeroll, make sure you have 50 points before late reg closes at 19.14.59.
  • Options

Today sees a very nice prize behind the Advent Calendar door, with a very low qualification criteria.

Details can be found by opening the door here;

https://www.skypoker.com/cms/poker_xmaschallenge.shtm
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    Morning Tikay

I presume turbo DYM,s are included in todays Christmas Cracker ?

Thx

MP