You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I know the question, but I don't know the answer.

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,550
    Jac35 said:

I know the question but i don’t know the answer

How easy would it be for Sky to reintroduce the ignore button?

Rinse Repeat...... Good Samaritan, cross the road.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Almost all the chat in this thread had focused on tournaments but newbies or players of a questionable skill level (going for some political correctness there :) ) do also make their way onto the cash tables too.

One thing which may be a help here is what another of the large sites brands as 'casual' tables. These are tables whereby you can only be on that one cash table and no others at the same time. Given that most cash regs will be multi-tabling, this gives the newbie or other recreational players a much greater likelihood of being in a softer game and thus having a better overall experience, rather than being consumed by sharks within the blink of an eye.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027

Almost all the chat in this thread had focused on tournaments but newbies or players of a questionable skill level (going for some political correctness there :) ) do also make their way onto the cash tables too.

One thing which may be a help here is what another of the large sites brands as 'casual' tables. These are tables whereby you can only be on that one cash table and no others at the same time. Given that most cash regs will be multi-tabling, this gives the newbie or other recreational players a much greater likelihood of being in a softer game and thus having a better overall experience, rather than being consumed by sharks within the blink of an eye.

That’s a good idea. Also put a no waiting list on those tables lol

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321

Yes, exactly that. I suppose the Forum is dominated by MTT players, but all conversation on all matters seem to assume that only MTT's matter. They do matter, but only as part of a far bigger scheme.
  • Options
    £10 welcome bonus without making deposit. Good/bad ! When it's gone where do they go.? Nobody to play in Practice.
    Having suffered losses due to bad beats inexperience players come on forum to vent ... get told go away complainer. I have seen players from my days on Miranda now doing well, but they are the exception. This subject has been aired before but nothing was done , we will see if anything now is taken on board and implemented.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    goldon said:

£10 welcome bonus without making deposit. Good/bad ! When it's gone where do they go.? Nobody to play in Practice.
    Having suffered losses due to bad beats inexperience players come on forum to vent ... get told go away complainer. I have seen players from my days on Miranda now doing well, but they are the exception. This subject has been aired before but nothing was done , we will see if anything now is taken on board and implemented.

What is to stop people setting up numerous accounts in different family/friends names?
  • Options
    <>

What is to stop people setting up numerous accounts in different family/friends names?

You tell me ? I have one account. how many do you have.?

I asked the question ( good / bad ) £10 Bonus without Deposit.

I never received £10 bonus when I joined Sky Poker didn't stop me or other's joining at that time. Just asking does it send out wrong message. ?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,405
    edited December 2017
    If we cant have an ignore button , what about a wtf button ?
  • Options
    mumsie said:

If we cant have an ignore button , what about a wft button ?

Did you mean wtf button.? That could go with the ufo button certain people would like to have.! not very helpful
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    I see goldon is under attack yet again geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you lot do you never give up :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
  • Options
    it is almost Christmas what is wrong with you all :'(:'(:'(:'(
  • Options
    now waiting for the one hundred lashes I am going to get for posting
  • Options
    painfull
  • Options
    Never fear "Trish" getting "Call of Duty II " for Christmas. I'll protect the Newbie's.
  • Options

paige55 said:

now waiting for the one hundred lashes I am going to get for posting

What you and your husband get up to in the privacy of your own bedroom is none of our business.
    now that is more like the type of post you should post harry well done made me laugh xxx
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    goldon said:

<>

You tell me ? I have one account. how many do you have.?

I asked the question ( good / bad ) £10 Bonus without Deposit.

I never received £10 bonus when I joined Sky Poker didn't stop me or other's joining at that time. Just asking does it send out wrong message. ?

Tbh, I didn't see a question mark, I saw an exclamation mark after good/bad.
    In my elder years questions need to be more specific ( hopefully with a question mark so I can indeed understand it is a question)
    Now it's pointed out it was a question, I think it is perfectly reasonable for sky poker to give a new player £10 in tokens to start them off playing for real money.
    Further on you say after suffering bad beats aforementioned new players come on the forum to vent and ( for want of a better word) get told to b off.
    Now, bad beats are part of the game as we all know, so if you can't take them perhaps ( as has been pointed out countless times) the game isn't for aforementioned new player, and any amount of money thrown at the new player will not be enough, losing free money and moaning about it seems a tad naff IMO.

As for the original question, I think we all have a ' duty of care' to the players who need ( and will take) help. A lot of good advice and help is already available online, and on the forum.

• Options
    I have just played a 28p dym turbo,now you tell me that 3 people on that table had almost the same names one was from a place called xmumx well is there such a place the other to almost identical is that a family playing
  • Options
    i had no chance of winning they raised evertime