You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Top 3

Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
Name the Top 3 players you come up against in Dyms, Mtts and Cash.
It doesn’t have to be the best player you play. It maybe someone who always gives you trouble and you don’t seem to be able to win a hand against.
Please can we ensure we don’t ridicule anyone’s choices. We don’t want stuff like “you rate him? he’s rubbish” 😀

My choices all in no particular order

Dyms

Dialbi4
Perceptive
Jonnyrkd

Cash
TheGrid
Tommyd
BigHawk

Mtts
Deviltear
MattPrawn
Stayorgo

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Dyms:
    Dialbi4
    LittleGJ
    Wardstar84

Cash: Don't play

Mtts:
    heddoh18
    Larson 7
    Bates
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Mtts:
    Albania
    Albania
    Albania

Mtts that Albania isn't playing:
    Deviltear
    Stayorgo
    Chicknmelt

honourable mention to Bates goes without saying also
  • Options
    ImplicityyImplicityy Member Posts: 65
    edited January 2018
    I just filtered for my YTD for most played opponents in DYMs (1188 games) and sure enough my top 3 are

1. Beeboy (331)
    2. Vlalilia (315)
    3. TimmyRaRa (183)
  • Options
    macapacamacapaca Member Posts: 658
    Cash -
    Thegrid
    Bighawk
    Eportlad91

Mtts-
    Limptolose
    Stayorgo
    Mattbates
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited January 2018
    Cash

Alancarr
    The Grid
    Scrivener

Mtts

RSPCA
    JORDZ
    Tommy D

(bates is potentially the best player I play against and thinks on a high level but I seem to run ok in pots with him hence the ommision) most of the players above tend to generally own me at least that is my perception

There's a ton of good players that could be on this list like bearlyther, loololol, chknmelt, abania, Stay or go, limp2lose etc but I probably have not played enough volume with them
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    As I don't play cash, thought I'd add a new one.

DYMs

Jonnyrkd
    TimmyRaRa
    Vialilia

MTTS

Albania
    Chicknmelt
    MattBates

PLO8

Catsnap
    Markycash
    SAFC
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited January 2018
    Jac35 said:

Name the Top 3 players you come up against in Dyms, Mtts and Cash

My choices all in no particular order

Dyms

Dialbi4
    Perceptive
    Jonnyrkd

Pfft.

My bottom 3 has just become Jac35, Jac35 and Jac35.

I'm 4th, right? ;)
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited January 2018
    The likes of mattbates, tommyD and DTM would be expected to be at the top of my list but wrong they are at the bottom.
    My list consists of recs, my chip stack alway seems to drain away having to play a tighter game and build the pot up through just my own bets
  • Options
    Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    My top 3 DYMs would be:
    Babes01
    TimmyRara
    Shanxta

In my opinion these are probably the 3 best DYM players out there but appreciate that's a matter of opinion.
  • Options
    adsthepro7adsthepro7 Member Posts: 264
    Love that @MattBates gets a mention in every MTT post. +1 for me there

2 and 3 for mtt's will have to be Jawzindawz and Heddoh
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    I'll stroke some egos...

DYM's:

No idea!

MTT's:

MattBates
    loololollo
    devil_tear

Cash:

Spopococ (Solid, aggro, balanced, annoying!)
    alancarr11 (Only played him once - one time too many for my liking)
    weedgi (A shark in fishes clothing - deceptive. Takes polarised to a whole new level!)

Honorary mentions to Donttelmum and conga38 for some mind-boggling work ethics.
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    edited January 2018
    DYMs don't really play them so not sure.

MTTs

MattBates

loololollo

RSPCA & Groggy (not played many Mtts with them but would like to be as good one day)

Cash

K0BAYASHl - because I'm gel of his HU skills!

IH8UButler - He is a good thinking aggressive reg that puts me in a lot of tough spots and he's better than me which is annoying but learn a lot from when I play him:).

Donttellmum - he can play 18 tables at one time top respect for that and we have played some sick pots vs each other.

Would like to one day get my cash game to the standards of TheFisshhh , Groggy, AlanCarr, NickD, Bolly & Rosiedog very good cash game players that I look up to.

• Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    10nl
    @Duesenberg -Owns. My. Soul
    @Donttelmum -Major shareholder in my soul
    @iodio -Has a stake in my soul
    honourable mention: @SMARTGOAT

Forum Triple Takedown (formerly DTD)
    @MAXALLY
    @MacMonster
    @Boxster
    Not sure if the format, the micro buy-ins and the very top-heavy payout structure (both in terms of rewards and bragging rights) encourage them to play an especially LAGgy style but they are tough to play against in these.
    honourable mention: @j3ono

£2.20 Deep Stacks
    @davidson09 -Only plays these. Single tables. Has "no interest in playing higher". Plays purely for "fun and relaxation" but this is no fun player. Owner of the sickest graph and statistics on sharkscope.
    @oilean -Another micro crusher who has the game and the skill-set to play (and succeed) in much higher buy-ins.
    @Allan23 -As above. Tough to play against OOP
    honourable mention: @waller02 and @Duesenberg -multiple FT's each in the past week or so since waller's "Ticket(s) to the £33 main challenge" (pinned at the top of the poker chat section, check it out). The regular £2.20 field will be gutted that these two have joined the ranks recently and will be hoping they move on once they've binked a first place as part of the aforementioned challenge.

£5.50 Bounty Hunters
    @froozle -Sets the benchmark. Ridiculous numbers for these tournaments in particular.
    @Arrogant -Crushes at these stakes. Has bold ambitions for 2018... I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he achieves them.
    @Wacko90- As above... minus the arrogance ;)
    The sight of any of these players at my table elicits a ffs... if they have position as well it's more like fml... if two of them are at my table I just write it off and close the client.

£5-£10 HU sng
    @chiggypig
    @Perceptive
    @chiggypig again
    Only have a microscopic sample here but it was plain to see that playing these two regularly would be like spending a few terms at an elite boarding school...

Forum Contributors
    @Tikay10 -The (aged) heartbeat of the forum ;) , the glue that binds it together. Firm but fair. Wit, wordsmith and worldly-wise. Been there, done it, bought the t-shirt, gave it to a charity shop.
    @SR23 -Open. Honest. Bright. Eloquent. Hilarious.
    @FeelGroggy -Resident expert. Flawless and invaluable hand history reviews. A must read if you want to see how the best players are approaching NLH circa 2017/18
    honourable mention: @EvilPingu -Knowledgeable. Patient. Always helpful often funny.
  • Options
    I had an (overly long) addition to this posted but went back in to edit a single word (really wasn't worth it) and the whole thing seems to have disappeared :s
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    @MynaFrett had that happen to me, only for Tikay to approve it the morning after, after I editted a single word also.
  • Options
    :) Ah right, cheers Groggy. I was worried it had just disappeared into the ether and I can't be a*sed to type it out again :)
    Tikay shouldn't have any issue with it, in fact (completely coincidentally) I speak highly of him in the post...
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,473
    MynaFrett said:

I had an (overly long) addition to this posted but went back in to edit a single word (really wasn't worth it) and the whole thing seems to have disappeared :s

Sorry about that Myna.

For reasons of which I can't even begin to guess, the post had moved across to the "Spam Box". I have now "released it".

I check the Spam Box, at a minimum, twice a day - 6am & 6pm - & often find a completely innocuous posts in there. The good news is that ticking "NOT SPAM" against the User's name seems to indemnify the user from future visits to the Naughty Room.

It's really puzzling what puts these random posts in Spam - I've yet to see one that had anything sinister in it.

Even weirder, in the Spam Box, where suspicious Posts are temporarily quarantined, I can see WHO wrote it, but I cannot see the Content. The only way to see the Content is to release it from the Spam Box onto the Forum.

Joseph Heller would be proud.

• Options
    Mayhem357 said:

My top 3 DYMs would be:
    Babes01
    TimmyRara
    Shanxta

In my opinion these are probably the 3 best DYM players out there but appreciate that's a matter of opinion.

Yay, good to see you here Mr Mayhem.

You still getting the lot?
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

10nl
    @Duesenberg -Owns. My. Soul
    @Donttelmum -Major shareholder in my soul
    @iodio -Has a stake in my soul
    honourable mention: @SMARTGOAT

Forum Triple Takedown (formerly DTD)
    @MAXALLY
    @MacMonster
    @Boxster
    Not sure if the format, the micro buy-ins and the very top-heavy payout structure (both in terms of rewards and bragging rights) encourage them to play an especially LAGgy style but they are tough to play against in these.
    honourable mention: @j3ono

£2.20 Deep Stacks
    @davidson09 -Only plays these. Single tables. Has "no interest in playing higher". Plays purely for "fun and relaxation" but this is no fun player. Owner of the sickest graph and statistics on sharkscope.
    @oilean -Another micro crusher who has the game and the skill-set to play (and succeed) in much higher buy-ins.
    @Allan23 -As above. Tough to play against OOP
    honourable mention: @waller02 and @Duesenberg -multiple FT's each in the past week or so since waller's "Ticket(s) to the £33 main challenge" (pinned at the top of the poker chat section, check it out). The regular £2.20 field will be gutted that these two have joined the ranks recently and will be hoping they move on once they've binked a first place as part of the aforementioned challenge.

£5.50 Bounty Hunters
    @froozle -Sets the benchmark. Ridiculous numbers for these tournaments in particular.
    @Arrogant -Crushes at these stakes. Has bold ambitions for 2018... I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he achieves them.
    @Wacko90- As above... minus the arrogance ;)
    The sight of any of these players at my table elicits a ffs... if they have position as well it's more like fml... if two of them are at my table I just write it off and close the client.

£5-£10 HU sng
    @chiggypig
    @Perceptive
    @chiggypig again
    Only have a microscopic sample here but it was plain to see that playing these two regularly would be like spending a few terms at an elite boarding school...

Forum Contributors
    @Tikay10 -The (aged) heartbeat of the forum ;) , the glue that binds it together. Firm but fair. Wit, wordsmith and worldly-wise. Been there, done it, bought the t-shirt, gave it to a charity shop.
    @SR23 -Open. Honest. Bright. Eloquent. Hilarious.
    @FeelGroggy -Resident expert. Flawless and invaluable hand history reviews. A must read if you want to see how the best players are approaching NLH circa 2017/18
    honourable mention: @EvilPingu -Knowledgeable. Patient. Always helpful often funny.

That, if I may make so bold, is a tremendous post.

And yes, wow, @davidson09 has extraordinary Sharky stats - a 90% ROI over a 2,000 game sample. Incred.

Agree as to SR23 - most interesting sort, him - Groggs, a child prodigy, & The Pingu, who is so patient & so helpful to so many. Did you know that @EvilPingu has an encyclopaedic knowledge of NFL? Ask him any random question about NFL generally, or a player, and you'll get 1,000 words of fascinating prose from him. If he places bets on NFL, he must make a fortune.

Oh, &, err, aged?

AGED?

WTF?
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

:) Ah right, cheers Groggy. I was worried it had just disappeared into the ether and I can't be a*sed to type it out again :)
    Tikay shouldn't have any issue with it, in fact (completely coincidentally) I speak highly of him in the post...

That's probably what sent it to The Naughty Room. The software could not cope with such a statement.