You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

wifi turned off by sky poker?

Comments

• Options
    AKAscottyAKAscotty Member Posts: 81
    this is just a shot in the dark , as it happens to me around midnight , could it be when your computer runs updates ? as i do have mine set for daily updates at midnight ??
  • Options
    Goody_AceGoody_Ace Member Posts: 206
    Just done it at 7:55pm. Kicked me out of dym.
    It had finished when I got back
  • Options
    PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    edited January 2018
    There are lots of things that can cause wifi issues or disconnections even of some devices and not others. Some ipads (and mobile phones possibly) can seemingly cause other devices on the same network/wifi channel to disconnect. All devices on a network are given a priority. Some devices may be able to "knock-out" other ones if the wifi strength is not great on that channel.

I had this issue and thought it was Sky. No longer have it. Notably I have a new laptop with windows 10 instead of 7 and with the Edge Browser instead of Explorer. Also...I haven't been using wifi on my mobile which may have been knocking out other devices. Thought it was Ipad until I hadn't used my mobile wifi for a while and suddenly the router stopped cutting out.

It's possible that there could be disconnections of players from the Sky servers being overloaded but as I said.....I haven't had the problem for a while so seems less likely it is that.
  • Options
    But it only ever happens on Sky. Never with any other internet app or connection.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    All my tables just froze and it put me "away" on all of them at 21:07, I seem to remember this happening most nights actually but haven't taken much notice of it. I will see if it happens again tomorrow night now.
  • Options
    AKAscottyAKAscotty Member Posts: 81
    going on you tube can make you loose connection, on your device or others in house
  • Options
    One last time. It's only while playing poker on Sky - and actually playing, not just on the site.
    WiFi turns off in my tablet (and all the other posters who have replied)
    Or to be more accurate it loses connection with the router.
    The tablet then begins trying to find the WiFi signal again and tries to connect to all my neighbours WiFi before it finds mine again.
    This takes ages and meanwhile the chips you played are lost and you blind away until reconnected.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Experienced the issue at 7.11pm, then at 7.41pm. The second one took much longer to resolve so restarted PC and router. No issues all night since then. Restarting router on previous occasions hadn't helped.
  • Options
    The_eggsThe_eggs Member Posts: 57
    Hi Guys,

Maybe try following the advice in this article:
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-or-dropping-out-on-windows-10-solved/

It might not be this at all but I had a quick google and it could possible make sense. If you computer performance was peaking at any point due to the Sky Poker client/Windows glitching in someway or another it might decide that this can be cut. Again I am completely guessing here but may be worth a shot.

eggs
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    Interesting stuff.

To muddier the waters further, Chromecast possibly messes things up.

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/how-to-keep-google-home-chromecast-from-killing-your-wi-fi/
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    Hiya Lads, I got this problem a good few times. My laptop keeps trying to update windows 10, when this happens it disconnects my wifi for a few minutes. I wonder if microsoft is causing this issue, they are a flopwit pain in yer orifice. They are trying to update to a newer version but they won't stop downloading the whole new version every flopwit day! Are they souls or what! I downloaded the file, and every fekkin day, they download it again-- Going to get it sorted tomorrow hopefully that will sort it, or I will tell microsoft to pee off! -- flapwits they are!
  • Options
    zenbudhistzenbudhist Member Posts: 144
    There's always one.
  • Options
    Would appreciate some tech advice. My last few sessions have revealed a pattern. My connection is dropping at specific times, in the main connection is restored within 30 seconds but it in my last two sessions it has dropped precisely every 15mins at 11, 26, 41 and 56 minutes past the hour.

This makes me think it's some sort of system-scheduled process, can anyone tell me where to start looking?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    bbMike said:

Would appreciate some tech advice. My last few sessions have revealed a pattern. My connection is dropping at specific times, in the main connection is restored within 30 seconds but it in my last two sessions it has dropped precisely every 15mins at 11, 26, 41 and 56 minutes past the hour.

This makes me think it's some sort of system-scheduled process, can anyone tell me where to start looking?

Crikey, that's amazing.

Every sympathy, Mike, that must be very frustrating.

Hopefully, @NoseyBonk or one of the other guys who are pretty smart with these sort of things, can come up with some ideas.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    Tikay10 said:

Crikey, that's amazing.

Every sympathy, Mike, that must be very frustrating.

Hopefully, @NoseyBonk or one of the other guys who are pretty smart with these sort of things, can come up with some ideas.

Got to admit I'm baffled enough at the whole 'wireless dropping' thing talked about in this thread, never mind this every 15 minutes problem. Bizarre :#
  • Options
    Short afternoon session, but long enough to experience a couple of problems. Like clockwork! Notice the network connection strength thing (technical term!) has an orange star indicating it's searching. Doesn't last long but is quite irritating.

• Options
    Hi Mike, have you tried booting up in safe mode, then updating the driver for your wifi?
  • Options
    Thanks Nutter, no I've not tried that. Sounds dangerous?!

My son complained at 3.41 that he lost connection playing a game on the browser, so now I know it's not a Sky Poker related problem for me.

Am trying to monitor the processes in Task Manager to see if anything pops up around disconnection times, this is the best I can come up with for now.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    You could also try restoring your computer to a date before this started happening? Then update your driver.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4000460/windows-10-check-wi-fi-drivers-settings
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Could those lobsters have something to do with it?