You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

wifi turned off by sky poker?

124»

Comments

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Going to restart router and PC and fire up some tables for an hour, see what gives. Will grab the troubleshooter again if it goes. Last time I was too late and it said my connection was fine (after it had been restored).
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    edited January 2018
    Machka said:

I don't see anything that would cause me concern in those task manager screenshots.

If you want to check if WMPnetwk.exe is the culprit then disable it. It is part of Windows Media Player and used for streaming media.

To disable it:

• Click on Start
    • Type "services.msc" and press enter
    • In the Services window look for "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Services"
    • Double click it and set the Startup type to Disabled
    • Click OK to apply the settings
    You, must do this.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Machka said:

I don't see anything that would cause me concern in those task manager screenshots.

If you want to check if WMPnetwk.exe is the culprit then disable it. It is part of Windows Media Player and used for streaming media.

To disable it:

• Click on Start
    • In the Services window look for "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Services"
    You, must do this.
    Thanks Machka, I will look to do this for protection if there's no downside. Would I lose any capability?

Just had my first uninterrupted session for well over a week, pretty happy. Played for about 90 minutes.

Thanks to everyone who has offered suggestions. To everyone else who is struggling with tech issues I would recommend gathering as much information as you can, people are very helpful. It's easy to sit and blame SkyPoker for issues, and easy to dismiss their CS when they say it's at your end. I honestly thought it was SkyPoker when others seemed to be describing the same thing. One incident today when the client wasn't running really helped focus in on the issue. Even if it's not completely solved, I'm so thankful for not having been tearing my hair out every 15 minutes in my last game.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    bbMike said:

mumsie said:

Machka said:

To disable it:

• Click on Start
    You, must do this.
    Thanks Machka, I will look to do this for protection if there's no downside. Would I lose any capability?

Just had my first uninterrupted session for well over a week, pretty happy. Played for about 90 minutes.

Thanks to everyone who has offered suggestions. To everyone else who is struggling with tech issues I would recommend gathering as much information as you can, people are very helpful. It's easy to sit and blame SkyPoker for issues, and easy to dismiss their CS when they say it's at your end. I honestly thought it was SkyPoker when others seemed to be describing the same thing. One incident today when the client wasn't running really helped focus in on the issue. Even if it's not completely solved, I'm so thankful for not having been tearing my hair out every 15 minutes in my last game.

You can turn it back on again any time you like, eliminate and conquer.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,172

Any more problems with this @bbMike ?

Hopefully - & thanks to the help from so many - it's all sorted now.

Not heard a word from the OP, so I guess he's sorted now too.
  • Options
    Subsequent to my last post after my games on Sunday, I played fairly long sessions (a few hours plus) on both Monday and Tues evenings and suffered a grand total of zero interruptions.

Turns out in my case all I had to do was right click and press troubleshoot at the point when I was disconnected, then the computer went off and mended itself!

Marvellous.
  • Options
    Goody_AceGoody_Ace Member Posts: 206
    He is talking about a pc, mine and many others are WiFi problems on a tablet or phone
    I've had pm's from people with the exact same problem but won't post on here because of the sense of derision and it's our problem, not sky.
    Two have talked to customer services and both told its your side, not ours.
    This is despite the fact that it only ever happens while actually playing on a table.
    And never at any other time either on Sky or anywhere else.

It happened twice within 10 minutes yesterday with a DYM. I lost a lot of chips but survived.
    I have noticed a lot of players putting chips on the table and then being away when it is their turn next.
    They wouldn't leave the table in the middle of a hand they have invested in would they?

It's my opinion it's much bigger than this post would suggest.

Tonight I will video my game and show you what happens.
  • Options
    Initially thought my issues were the same as yours as my wireless adaptor seemed to be getting knocked out. Appreciate that the solutions may be different for a PC vs tablet for example. But yeah, just gather as much info as you can, encourage these others to do the same as that's the fastest way to narrow it down and get a fix.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,172
    Goody_Ace said:

He is talking about a pc, mine and many others are WiFi problems on a tablet or phone
    I've had pm's from people with the exact same problem but won't post on here because of the sense of derision and it's our problem, not sky.
    Two have talked to customer services and both told its your side, not ours.
    This is despite the fact that it only ever happens while actually playing on a table.
    And never at any other time either on Sky or anywhere else.

It happened twice within 10 minutes yesterday with a DYM. I lost a lot of chips but survived.
    I have noticed a lot of players putting chips on the table and then being away when it is their turn next.
    They wouldn't leave the table in the middle of a hand they have invested in would they?

It's my opinion it's much bigger than this post would suggest.

Tonight I will video my game and show you what happens.

Read through the thread again Goody, & see how bbMike solved his problem.

Lots of folks here want to help, the thread shows that, but they need you to provide the info, exactly as bbMike did.
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    I had problrems on my tablet last night. Lasted about 3 mins.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    wynne1938 said:

I had problrems on my tablet last night. Lasted about 3 mins.

i had problems with my tablets i couldn,t remember which ones i,d taken ;)