You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

is poker a fix online

Comments

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    Tikay10 said:

Superb post by The Pingu One.

I'm trying to keep off the thread, but I shuddered at the suggestion that folks think the RNG should be designed to eliminate variance & was going to have to enter the fray. Luckily, The Pingu did it for me, & so much better than I ever could.

Taking a step back & viewing the thread, I'm intrigued by the obsession some folks seem to have with RNG's. It's not just Sky Poker, of course, it's every Online site.

Whatever turns you on, I guess, but for me - & we are all different - there are better & more rewarding mysteries we could immerse ourselves in & become fixated about.

Have you ever wondered about the lifecycle of a butterfly?

It begins as an egg laid by a butterfly.

From that egg, emerges not a baby butterfly, but a caterpillar of all things. How that happen? In what way does a caterpillar in any way resemble a butterfly? One is plump & has more legs than a football team, the other is light, delicate &, like Red Bull, has wings.

The caterpillar emerges & after eating itself to grand obesity, somehow & magically becomes an inert pupa.

And then, as if by magic, a while later out pops a fully-formed butterfly.

Now that's something to become fixated & obsessed about.

When I was programming in the 80s I frequently had to code RNG routines. I never once imagined that those routines would be so obsessed over in the future, but then I was never much of a visionary. I remember circa 1995 saying "this new world wide web nonsense will never catch on and I'm not going to use it. I'll stick to the old-fashioned way of using the internet."
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,501
    Was I wrong to ask for Positive Posts and not negative one's. Much nicer way to treat poster's when they ask for help with poker problems.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,439
    NoseyBonk said:

Tikay10 said:

Superb post by The Pingu One.

I'm trying to keep off the thread, but I shuddered at the suggestion that folks think the RNG should be designed to eliminate variance & was going to have to enter the fray. Luckily, The Pingu did it for me, & so much better than I ever could.

Taking a step back & viewing the thread, I'm intrigued by the obsession some folks seem to have with RNG's. It's not just Sky Poker, of course, it's every Online site.

Whatever turns you on, I guess, but for me - & we are all different - there are better & more rewarding mysteries we could immerse ourselves in & become fixated about.

Have you ever wondered about the lifecycle of a butterfly?

It begins as an egg laid by a butterfly.

From that egg, emerges not a baby butterfly, but a caterpillar of all things. How that happen? In what way does a caterpillar in any way resemble a butterfly? One is plump & has more legs than a football team, the other is light, delicate &, like Red Bull, has wings.

The caterpillar emerges & after eating itself to grand obesity, somehow & magically becomes an inert pupa.

And then, as if by magic, a while later out pops a fully-formed butterfly.

Now that's something to become fixated & obsessed about.

When I was programming in the 80s I frequently had to code RNG routines. I never once imagined that those routines would be so obsessed over in the future, but then I was never much of a visionary. I remember circa 1995 saying "this new world wide web nonsense will never catch on and I'm not going to use it. I'll stick to the old-fashioned way of using the internet."
    Nothing in online poker is more obsessed & fixated about, is it?

Statistically, in "Live poker" it's identical, but nobody complains. And yet I can guarantee you or anyone else that a player is far more likely to be treated improperly in Live poker by dodgy or even poor quality dealers.

I'd like a quid for every dodgy self-deal game I've played in.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    goldon said:

Was I wrong to ask for Positive Posts and not negative one's. Much nicer way to treat poster's when they ask for help with poker problems.

You remind me of my 10yr old daughter. She always has to have the last word too, although that's probably being a bit harsh on her because at least she doesn't talk a load of drivel.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    waller02 said:

goldon said:

You remind me of my 10yr old daughter. She always has to have the last word too, although that's probably being a bit harsh on her because at least she doesn't talk a load of drivel.
    Well was I wrong ....... she...... If she didn't have the last word then you would. Edit; If I remind you of her then you must have a fondness for me...........!
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    goldon said:

Have you actually read Pingu’s posts? Don’t you feel they were positive and very helpful?
    Analogy alert
    You own a bakery, you sell thousands of cakes, people love your service.
    A certain person comes in and tells your customers they got sick the other day, and it MUST have been your cakes that made him ill.
    He doesn’t share the info he is allergic to cream
    Months down the line his “ mate” comes in and says the same thing, he doesn’t share he is allergic to flour.
    What do you do?
    Close the shop? Give them positivity?
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

goldon said:

Have you actually read Pingu’s posts? Don’t you feel they were positive and very helpful?
    Analogy alert
    A certain person comes in and tells your customers they got sick the other day, and it MUST have been your cakes that made him ill.
    Months down the line his “ mate” comes in and says the same thing, he doesn’t share he is allergic to flour.
    What do you do?
    tomgoodun said:

goldon said:

Analogy alert
    What do you do?
    Yes, and tagged it if you look. Not criticizing his post .... sure O.P. will take note.
    You must have read many of this type of post over the years and the negative comments that go with them. Some really great explanation posts which have gone missing due to up grade, if these post were saved in thread players could be directed to it and save losing new players to abuse or nasty comments because currant players are fed up answering same thing time and time again. fwiw as for your conundrum think it would be solved by my suggestion sign on the door.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    Why are you lot going on about the RNG?--- Goldfish81 did'nt even mention the flopwit RNG, he/she mentioned that there could be players that are not legimate and are generated by sky. How about addressing this concern?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,361
  • Options
    idiot
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    what have cooked testicles warts and all got to do with this thread lets keep on track eh :)
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    oynutter said:

Why are you lot going on about the RNG?--- Goldfish81 did'nt even mention the flopwit RNG, he/she mentioned that there could be players that are not legimate and are generated by sky. How about addressing this concern?

These concerns were addressed however as with lots of threads large numbers of pointless posts are made so it is hard to find the sensible ones. I do miss the ignore function of the old forum.
  • Options
    When were these concerns addressed? I think they should be properly addressed! -- It's not very useful to say these concerns were addressed, when they have not been, is it?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    oynutter said:

When were these concerns addressed? I think they should be properly addressed! -- It's not very useful to say these concerns were addressed, when they have not been, is it?

I am saying they have and I believe it was one of pingu's very good posts but I may be wrong but I have no interest in going through 3 pages of random postings of Goldon to find where they were addressed.
  • Options
    Because they were not addressed.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

oynutter said:

I am saying they have and I believe it was one of pingu's very good posts but I may be wrong but I have no interest in going through 3 pages of random postings of Goldon to find where they were addressed.
    No interest,lol, thanks
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    oynutter said:

See Pingu's first post on page one.

I don't think its even a point that needs addressing tbh but whatever.
  • Options
    Pingu posted about why some people don't chat, not about the possibility that there could be players generated by sky.
  • Options
    Maybe it's just silly to ask such a question? I think not.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    oynutter said:

Pingu posted about why some people don't chat, not about the possibility that there could be players generated by sky.

Pingu's post addressed this comment from OP....

''the players who call dont even speake whithch leads me to belive they are commputerized players added to the tables''

OP is clearly suggesting that the lack of chat means they could be robots, so Pingu gave a plethora of reasons why people don't chat at the tables.

It's really not difficult to keep up.