You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

is poker a fix online

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    edited March 2018
    oynutter said:

Pingu posted about why some people don't chat, not about the possibility that there could be players generated by sky.

There a ZERO, nil, no players that are generated by Sky. Will that do?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,100
    oynutter said:

Pingu posted about why some people don't chat, not about the possibility that there could be players generated by sky.

I have certainly addressed this point before, and so have many others.

The 2 main points for me are:-

1. Why on earth would a multi-multi-million pound company risk everything to try and gain a fiver? They wouldn't be a very savvy betting organisation
    2. If anyone really believes it might be happening, the solution is simple-don't play here

Sky is the only site that has a worthwhile forum. Sometimes they must wonder why they bother
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    oynutter said:

Maybe it's just silly to ask such a question? I think not.

You're right, it is silly.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited March 2018
    Essexphil said:

oynutter said:

I have certainly addressed this point before, and so have many others.

The 2 main points for me are:-

1. Why on earth would a multi-multi-million pound company risk everything to try and gain a fiver? They wouldn't be a very savvy betting organisation
    2. If anyone really believes it might be happening, the solution is simple-don't play here

Sky is the only site that has a worthwhile forum. Sometimes they must wonder why they bother
    Firstly, they are not risking anything if a "rogue employee" gets caught.

second, Don't play if you think there might be something funny going on--- very useful
  • Options
    allibone03allibone03 Member Posts: 99
    I find the the idea that a company being worth millions/billions should make it above suspicion bizarre.
  • Options

oynutter said:

Pingu's post addressed this comment from OP....

''the players who call dont even speake whithch leads me to belive they are commputerized players added to the tables''

OP is clearly suggesting that the lack of chat means they could be robots, so Pingu gave a plethora of reasons why people don't chat at the tables.

It's really not difficult to keep up.
    Oh, I see, there cannot be players added to the tables, because if there were, then we would all know, because there is a perfectly good reason why they don't talk.
  • Options
    oynutter said:

oynutter said:

Pingu's post addressed this comment from OP....

''the players who call dont even speake whithch leads me to belive they are commputerized players added to the tables''

OP is clearly suggesting that the lack of chat means they could be robots, so Pingu gave a plethora of reasons why people don't chat at the tables.

It's really not difficult to keep up.
    Oh, I see, there cannot be players added to the tables, because if there were, then we would all know, because there is a perfectly good reason why they don't talk.
    Why would Sky do it then?
  • Options
    Money?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    oynutter said:

Money?

Really? You really think that they would risk tarnishing a brand that already makes many millions of pounds just so they could make an extra pittance by "creating" players on their poker site?

Plus, if you really believe this then why on earth would you play on here?

Wow.
  • Options

Don,t be so silly, no-one has ever risked "tarnishing a brand",lol
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    oynutter said:

Don,t be so silly, no-one has ever risked "tarnishing a brand",lol

So what are you saying then? You've lost me.

Are you saying that you genuinely believe that Sky generate their own players?
  • Options
    I'm saying that the concerns of the op have not been addessed, that is all.
  • Options
    I don't know the facts but I would guess that the income from Sky poker is drop in the ocean compared to what they earn elsewhere. Why would they bother?
  • Options
    oynutter said:

Yes they have.
  • Options
    Why would a business want more money? Me got no clue?
  • Options

oynutter said:

Yes they have.
    "whithch leads me to belive they are commputerized players added to the tables please can i hear your comments on this ty "

where?
  • Options
    oynutter said:

oynutter said:

Yes they have.
    "whithch leads me to belive they are commputerized players added to the tables please can i hear your comments on this ty "

where?
    Why does he think they are robots?

If you're gonna quote then quote the full sentence and it's context please.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

If Sky were really that greedy then they could probably raise their TV package fees by 50p a month and make 1000s of times more than they would by taking the time, effort and risk to generate their own players to make a few quid on their poker site.

• Options
    waller02 said:

If Sky were really that greedy then they could probably raise their TV package fees by 50p a month and make 1000s of times more than they would by taking the time, effort and risk to generate their own players to make a few quid on their poker site.

I would'nt like to speculate about how much money sky would like
  • Options
    Oynutter, I can see you're struggling so allow me to help you. Lets deconstruct the key sentence....

Ignoring the terrible spelling, you can see that the OP is suggesting that because the other players didn't chat, they could be robots. He/she is explicitly linking no chat to being a computer.

So Pingu put a fantastic post up, listing multiple reasons as to why many people don't chat at the tables. In a nutshell, just because someone doesn't talk, it doesn't make them a robot. Any level headed person already knows this, but Sky seems to lack level headed people.

Are you still following me Oynutter? Or should I slow down?

So when Pingu put up his initial comment, that's when the OP's, quite frankly, ridiculous concerns about robots were addressed.

I hope this has cleared it up for you Oynutter. If its still difficult, feel free to read the above aloud, maybe run your finger under the words as you say them. I'm sure it will sink in eventually.