You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Micro Madness Promotion

Comments

• Options
    RyanC7RyanC7 Member Posts: 355
    Lol the originals obv. P4F has responded as it was “ok” to cheat. What’s he supposed to do.
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    Mum...he started it...ridiculous all of this and don't know whether to laugh or cry - forget Kings not holding all in and well ahead on flop...all this, caused by the players themselves...will potentially see a few moving away for a bit as, like I said in my previous post, it leaves a nasty smell
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    RyanC7 said:

Lol the originals obv. P4F has responded as it was “ok” to cheat. What’s he supposed to do.

If you know it is wrong then you don’t go and copy them.
  • Options
    chiggypigchiggypig Member Posts: 235
    Flipping for stacks constantly any other week wouldn't have been seen as a problem, IMO sky made the right decision here to let the points stand this week, but should explicitly state in their promotions that actions such as these will be grounds for exclusion from the promotion
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    leaderboard promotions like this are open to abuse in many ways. for example I am sure there are some players working together on one account to accrue points.
    At the end of the day all that matters to sky poker is the top line, after all, any play is generating rake.

Its a shame that most major promotions are aimed at the top volume players, (I know why!, they are generating the rake, putting in the hours ect ect. my answer to this is that's what the rewards program is for) the way these are run why not just give the top 35 players over the last 12 months seats and let all the rest play in a nightly league for a month for the other seat. At least this way someone who only plays occasionally may have a chance of winning something.

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited April 2018
    More clarity in future promotions outlining what is deemed acceptable and what isn't, with the consequences of violating it made apparent before any hands have been played. It should be harder to exploit the promo, and easier for sky to take action, as opposed to a vague 'violating the spirit of the site' clause. It's a shame that some murkiness in the past 2 weeks has overshadowed what is a very good promotion. I think everybody would agree that we want to see a clean battle for the prizes, without any account-sharing or collusion.

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    K0BAYASHl said:

RyanC7 said:

If you know it is wrong then you don’t go and copy them.

From a neutral perspective, I think Play4food's reaction was pretty justified. Instead of fighting fire with fire he appealed on the forum outlining what he felt (and what is) a violation of the spirit of the promotion. Sky' were put into a very awkward position, but their response to give the members involved 'a final warning' didn't seem too fair on play4food considering the 'cheating' party already had a decent lead. Doing what they did for one day to even out the scores a bit seems kinda fair all things considered.
  • Options
    ALTiltYouALTiltYou Member Posts: 174
    edited April 2018
    I think people saying it wasn't cheating and that it was just an angle because no third party was affected by them chip dumping HU are wrong. I am a rec player, i do not play full time. I enjoy playing spin ups, and i think the majority of recs who wanted to take part in this promotion will play spin ups. With the rake being so high in this format & stakes, being recs and it being so swingy some days/weeks we depend on rake-back and promotions like these to get back into the black or w.e. So them chip dumping has essentially affected a third partys profit or losses IMO. So where is the line?

Also props to @FeelGroggy & @railtard11 who i have seen put hours of volume in to get their seat. gl
  • Options
    LowfieldsLowfields Member Posts: 10
    Whether its cheating or not, I find it utterly sad.
    To be so desperate to go to these lengths to ensure a trip to Vegas is ridiculous.
    The worst part is, whoever "wins" the trip will have to mingle and interact with other sky poker players who have put the effort in honestly.
    How they hold their head high, and look other players in the eye is beyond me.
    Enjoy your trip.
  • Options
    Tommy__DTommy__D Member Posts: 7
    Hi @Tikay10 @Sky_SamT , Sorry to resurrect this thread but the original player who was suspected of the misconduct is back this week for the promo. (i personally think they should have been banned from the promo altogether but I suppose they did not technically break any rules)

I just wanted to post to get some clarity on the new rule "....Any subsequent play that we deem to be against the spirit of the promotion will see those customers expelled from the promotion and their account potentially closed...."

It seems flipping is no longer allowed from what other players tell me. But since the player has been back on around 1am hes sat at Omaha spin ups, which has not ran the whole week. Any new player who sits he just goes all in. Does this breach the new rules? or are players allowed to just go all in every hand. Because as soon as I found his table I sat and he started playing "normal" no longer just open shoving.

I want to try for the league again this week, it is a nice promo. But it seems unbeatable if someone is just going all in every hand.

At least last week when I tried @ITSQUADSY was playing crazy volume and deserved 1st place, Congrats bud!

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,667
    edited April 2018
    Tommy__D said:

Hi @Tikay10 @Sky_SamT , Sorry to resurrect this thread but the original player who was suspected of the misconduct is back this week for the promo. (i personally think they should have been banned from the promo altogether but I suppose they did not technically break any rules)

I just wanted to post to get some clarity on the new rule "....Any subsequent play that we deem to be against the spirit of the promotion will see those customers expelled from the promotion and their account potentially closed...."

It seems flipping is no longer allowed from what other players tell me. But since the player has been back on around 1am hes sat at Omaha spin ups, which has not ran the whole week. Any new player who sits he just goes all in. Does this breach the new rules? or are players allowed to just go all in every hand. Because as soon as I found his table I sat and he started playing "normal" no longer just open shoving.

I want to try for the league again this week, it is a nice promo. But it seems unbeatable if someone is just going all in every hand.

At least last week when I tried @ITSQUADSY was playing crazy volume and deserved 1st place, Congrats bud!

Morning @Tommy__D

If a player is going all-in every hand v a variety of different opponents, as you suggest, then a) I'm 100% certain that does not break any rules, & b) I'm less clear as to "spirit of the promotion". I mean, he must be VERY easy to "pick off", right? I might just join his table, though I fancy the waiting list would be lengthy. ;)

I am fairly sure it'd cost a lot of money to win a package that way, for sure.

Anyway, I'll pass it up to @Sky_SamT.

Good luck this week.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Thanks @Tikay10

Always with the fast responses, u must sleep less than me :open_mouth:

Would be nice to see u at the tables sometime, don't think I have played with u before on sky.

Last question, what would happen if I sat this player and called it off every hand, and we did that most of the day?

I'll try keep up the fight for a top 5 finish again which looks like the best I can go for.

See u in Notts next month.
  • Options
    LuckyBrahhLuckyBrahh Member Posts: 10
    Tommy__D said:

Amusing how you're trying to be courteous in your post but at the same time passive aggressively trying to get me (your main competitor for the package this week) kicked from the promo. Yes I did flip the previous week in what is a grey area to Sky but after the ruling that made clear that further such play is not allowed, I'm very happy for regular play to try and compete for the package fairly and squarely which wasn't the case in the first week which costed me. I welcome the competition for this promo as it really is great and deserves the attention that it's getting from the poker community from full time players and recreationals alike. I understand from my previous actions I may be under more scrutiny however Sky can freely review my play any time they wish.

Omaha runs everyday Tommy, would you like me to stop playing it and just play your games? Also if don't like me going all in I can limp more if that is to your suiting. Tikay said it well, if I'm going all in every hand (which I'm not) then just sit back and take my money. Trying to police people's plays if no rules are broken is just laughable and will cause poker to cease to exist. It's like berating people for making a supposedly poor play, it's all part of the game man. I would say gl for the promo but I wouldn't mean it, enjoy your 8 hour sleeps.
  • Options
    marlsssmarlsss Member Posts: 26
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,667

Morning all.

@Sky_SamT started this thread a few weeks ago & warned everyone that players need to respect the rules & spirit on Promos like Micro Madness or they would suffer the consequences, & the problem largely went away.

Unfortunately, yesterday there was another episode of hanky panky at the Tables between 2 players.

So, the points they earned through abuse of the promotion have been removed by Sky Poker.

They won't be named on the Forum by Sky Poker, & if any speculates on their identities on the Forum, the posts will be removed & the authors may lose chat rights. We can't have trial by Forum.

Play the game properly please, & Sky Poker will keep their end of the bargain. Mess about & abuse the Promo & the points won't count.
  • Options

Tommy__D said:

Amusing how you're trying to be courteous in your post but at the same time passive aggressively trying to get me (your main competitor for the package this week) kicked from the promo. Yes I did flip the previous week in what is a grey area to Sky but after the ruling that made clear that further such play is not allowed, I'm very happy for regular play to try and compete for the package fairly and squarely which wasn't the case in the first week which costed me. I welcome the competition for this promo as it really is great and deserves the attention that it's getting from the poker community from full time players and recreationals alike. I understand from my previous actions I may be under more scrutiny however Sky can freely review my play any time they wish.

Omaha runs everyday Tommy, would you like me to stop playing it and just play your games? Also if don't like me going all in I can limp more if that is to your suiting. Tikay said it well, if I'm going all in every hand (which I'm not) then just sit back and take my money. Trying to police people's plays if no rules are broken is just laughable and will cause poker to cease to exist. It's like berating people for making a supposedly poor play, it's all part of the game man. I would say gl for the promo but I wouldn't mean it, enjoy your 8 hour sleeps.
    I wasn't trying to be courteous in my post your not that special. Just didn't want to start a back and fourth. Funny how u bum me in chat box and say we are cool then I see this post.
    This is a forum board to give your opinions right? So that is my opinion you should have been booted. You are just lucky they did not have the written rule in place at the time. You still 'cheated" other honest players out of week 2 from laddering up the board because your points were allowed to stand.

You talk as if u was the one who created the thread to apologise for your actions but if Play4food didn't start the thread u would have happily continued all week. In fact even after he posted the very next day you still was doing it. Its easy to be sorry after your caught red handed.

If u read what I said it says Omaha spin ups, that was not running last week. ( I thought promo abusers were experts at reading every detail)
    I just wanted to make sure what was allowed and not because the new rule is a bit vague.

Anyways yep I will enjoy my 8H sleep. U keep at it with the 24H sessions. Hows that going to continue during the week? Are you going to dive into another grey area with your partner - multi accounting.
    You must REALLY need this package. Not sure if u have been told there are other ways to get to Vegas.

P.S Keep instant sitting me out when it gets Heads Up even on your beloved spin up tables. I've never seen a player do it so fast. I guess your warming up your chicken legs for if u bump into Play4Food.
  • Options

Tommy__D said:

I wasn't trying to be courteous your not that special. Just didn't want a back and forth. Its funny u bum me in chat box then I see this post by u.
    This forum is for us to give our opinions right? which is why I said you should have been booted. By the looks of the comments others feel the same.
    You are just lucky that no written rule was in place to stop what you did. But u still benefited from it, you should have at least been taken off week 2 so other honest players had a chance for the SPT seats and higher cash.

You talk as if u made this thread to apologise for your actions and didn't feel what you was doing was right. But if Play4food had not made the thread you would have happily carried on the rest of the week and taken that spot from him. In fact even after he posted the very next day u was still doing it. Its very easy to be sorry once you have been caught red handed.

As for omaha, if u read, I said omaha spin ups and they were not in fact running last week (I thought promo abusers were experts at reading). And I wanted more clarity on the new rule which is a bit vague.

Lastly yep I will enjoy my 8H sleep, you keep at it with the 24H sessions. How u going to keep that up for the rest of the week?
    Dive into another grey area with your partner - Multi accounting perhaps
    You must REALLY need to win this package. Maybe no one has told u that there are other ways to Vegas.

P.S Keep instant sitting me out when it gets Heads Up. Never seen a player do it so quick before. Guess your keeping your chicken legs warm in case u bump into Play4food.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    chill folks B)
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Where’s that thread snowman posted ealier? Is that being dealt with?
  • Options
    marlsssmarlsss Member Posts: 26
    K0BAYASHl said:

Where’s that thread snowman posted ealier? Is that being dealt with?

It has been dealt with Kobayashi, scroll back up the posts here, Tikay has posted about it here