You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Website Changes - Bug List

Comments

• Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited December 2009
    Just noticed another bug while checking the site in IE, the message bar that pops up with a scrolling message is correct in FF but in IE7 the scrolling text is not aligned with the yellow background.

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Website Changes - Bug List:
    i'd actually mentioned that earlier in this thread but obviously everyone has got used to paying absolutely no attention to my posts! boo hoo :)
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Any word on the page navigation problem?

• Options
    edited December 2009
    It appears that you can recreate the My Profile bug by clicking on the link before the previous page has completed loading.

I.e. click on the My Profile link, if the profile begins to load correctly click My Profile again before the page completed and it will come up with the 'null' profile.
  • Options
    kennybadkennybad Member Posts: 777
    edited December 2009

when click my profile all my info is gone ie;friends list,profile,forum history,and messages is this just me or all the same

• Options
    edited December 2009
    when click my profile all my info is gone ie;friends list,profile,forum history,and messages is this just me or all the same
    Posted by kennybad
    Kenny, see my post above. If you wait until you see "Done" in the status bar at the bottom left of the browser window and then click My Profile it should show up fine.
  • Options
    kennybadkennybad Member Posts: 777
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Website Changes - Bug List : Kenny, see my post above. If you wait until you see "Done" in the status bar at the bottom left of the browser window and then click My Profile it should show up fine.
    Posted by Machka
    thank you machka works fine now cheers
  • Options
    Penny_LessPenny_Less Member Posts: 234
    edited December 2009
    3 sec lag between hands :(

5 sec lag when moving tables :((

can't see bet size of bottom right player at times (hidden under the cards lol) :(((

other than that looks great!
  • Options
    GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited December 2009
    hi, Just a little annoyance.....no, not even that, more of a hinderance, the page navigation buttons have disappeared from the bottom of the threads. Other than that, it's an amazing upgrade so well done to all involved!! A+ and 25million house points!!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Just about to post this in, it is a abit annoying, reading to the bottom of the page then have to scroll back up to the top to goto the next page
  • Options
    GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited December 2009
    3 sec lag between hands :( 5 sec lag when moving tables :(( can't see bet size of bottom right player at times (hidden under the cards lol) :((( other than that looks great!
    Posted by Penny_Less
    I also have this problem
  • Options
    DiggerManDiggerMan Member Posts: 1,027
    edited December 2009
    PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The message box about the new omaha games keeps coming up...about every ten seconds!!!

Everytime I knock it off, back it comes!

SOOOOO Annoying!!

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Sounds like there's more bugs in the system too!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The message box about the new omaha games keeps coming up...about every ten seconds!!! Everytime I knock it off, back it comes! SOOOOO Annoying!!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Hoorah! I think it's stopped now, fingers crossed! Still needs investigation though!
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,658
    edited December 2009
    hi, Just a little annoyance.....no, not even that, more of a hinderance, the page navigation buttons have disappeared from the bottom of the threads. Other than that, it's an amazing upgrade so well done to all involved!! A+ and 25million house points!!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    i,ve never had this function i,ve always had to scroll to top thought it was normal
    Edit:nice work sky
  • Options
    ______________ Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2009
    3 sec lag between hands :( 5 sec lag when moving tables :(( can't see bet size of bottom right player at times (hidden under the cards lol) :((( other than that looks great!
    Posted by Penny_Less
    the lag seems to be caused by having either the cash, sit & go or tournament tabs open. if I have any of these 3 tabs open my entire browser (firefox) including any tables I'm playing lags really badly. if I close the skypoker page or click onto the community tab instead everything returns to normal speed. quite a serious bug imo
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    Good job on the new look site, as always with these things you'll get half the people shouting "bring back the old layout" and half saying "I love it", I'll sit firmly on the fence and shout "bring back love", anyway... A couple of problems I've noticed, this is using Firefox 3.0.15.  I can look in IE if needed (EDIT: Looked in IE and the My Profile bug is still there but the Add New Post box bug isn't) If you right click my profile to open in a new window or tab it opens but it comes up with an empty profile: Sometimes at the bottom of a forum thread the add new post box is corrupt: Also, not bugs but requests: Could the community tab have a drop down with option to Home, Forum and Blogs? Could the left hand column links for Forum Topics be removed as it is a complete duplication of what is already there. In fact could the left hand column links for Forum Topics and Popular Blogs be removed making the community pages the full width of the screen.  The Forum Topics is a duplication and if people wanted to go to the Blogs section they would have gone to the Blogs home page.  That would make the community forum pages so much more readable and easier to navigate, reduce scrolling etc.  Since Sky Poker is based on it's community I think this would make a huge difference to the people who frequent it. Thanks.
    Posted by Machka

hey machka,

thanks for your posts and all the great feedback.

i've got a couple of notes from your points...
    • when loading up your profile page you need to make sure the page you're on is 100% loaded. also the profile page can sometimes take a few seconds to load so it's worth giving the page time before refreshing or clicking the link again (i see from your later post you have discovered this anyway).
    • how often are you getting the 'add new post' error? you say 'sometimes' but is that once a day? once an hour? every other time? as much info as you can give would be fantastic.
    • when you click on the community tab look for the top navigation bar with the options 'Home', 'Forum' and 'Blogs' clicking on each of these will take you to the desired area. we are also looking at bringing in links to your profile and private messaging inbox in this area.
    • the left hand navigation is a duplication of what is already there but we saw it as a great tool to 'open' the community up by that i mean if you are reading a particular thread and someone mentions a blog. you have a link right there on the left and don't need to spend ages trying to find it. it also acts as a really easy way to jump from board to board.
    if you have any questions about the above or anything else just give me a shout.

thanks,

Rich
  • Options
    KaidusKaidus Member Posts: 159
    edited December 2009
    This may be a bug, or it may be intentional....but I thought we were just having PLO, not NLO!
  • Options
    THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2009
    Sorry if this has already been highlighted.

I have edited my profile so that i do NOT recieve an email every time someone posts on a thread in the community.

However even though i have selected "no" i still keep getting emails.

Cheers

Ed
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    Sorry if this has already been highlighted. I have edited my profile so that i do NOT recieve an email every time someone posts on a thread in the community. However even though i have selected "no" i still keep getting emails. Cheers Ed
    Posted by THESWISS
    hi ed,

couple of quick questions for you...

do you mean you have selected not to receive emails in your profile in the community or the account area of sky poker? selecting 'no' in one unfortunately doesn't automatically effect the other.

also, exactly what emails are you receiving? the only way you will receive notifications if someone posts on a thread is if you have 'subscribed' to that particular thread (notice the subscribe button on the top of every thread)

if you have done this and would like to un-subscribe, simply click this button again on every thread you have subscribed to.

• Options
    SherlockSherlock Member Posts: 109
    edited December 2009
    Playing PLO DYM - game would freeze for a second or two during the deal - when it came to my turn to act my timer was at zero & my hand was folded & I was sitting out - this happened several times - running IE7.

All the best
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,401
    edited December 2009

Hi Rich,

When I am "mid-Post" (typing a new one) & the Pop-Up appears, reminding me that here is a particular Tourney on tonight (as you did last night several times with the £500 Guaranteed Omaha Tourneys),.....

The entire screen goes "grey".

I cannot "clear" the Pop-Up.

I cannot Post further on my new Popst. So I lose the lot.

I was using IE on a Sky Intranet connection in the Feltham Office. (And I had no other "site issues" at all last night).