You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Return of 68Trebor

68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
edited October 2017 in Poker Chat

Many of you may remember the time when I had a Diary on the forum, well more like about 6 diaries.
I always enjoyed playing on SkyPoker, but became increasingly frustrated by the lagging of tables causing me to time out, disconnect etc, etc.
I would therefore leave, vowing that I would not return.
I would miss SkyPoker and after a while find my way back here hoping that the lagging had somehow miraculously sorted itself out, start another diary, get frustrated with the continuing lagging, leave, vowing never to return and so the cycle of the last 15 months continued.
Today is the dawn of a new era. I have purchased a new laptop with a decent processor and processor speed. I have played on the tables for a while tonight and it was like playing on a new site.
I also managed to make a small profit of £11.05.
The question is should I start another diary, now that I think I will be around for a long time, or will people be fed up with another attempt at a diary by 68Trebor.
Have to say it was also great to see Don back on the forum.

Comments

• THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited May 2014
    just start a new one, if the site goes t*** up with lag just turn it into a personal diary, tell us what goes on behind closed doors in ur house, if uve been out at the weekend and been envolved in a pub brawl etc.
  • alex1229alex1229 Member Posts: 680
    edited May 2014
    What exactly is a trebor?
  • soaper6soaper6 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor:
    What exactly is a trebor? mints
    Posted by alex1229
  • 68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    edited May 2014
    What exactly is a trebor?
    Posted by alex1229
     Trebor is a mint as correctly described by Soaper6.
    In this case, however, it signifies the planet Trebor found in the 6th constellation of the 8th planet of Zyran.
    Hence the reason it is 68Trebor and not just Trebor.
    edited May 2014

Due to Tikay's comments on the show tonight 'Nice to see you back 68Trebor and I look forward to the return of your diary' I have decided to continue with this thread, blame Tikay.

So I started back on the site with a bankroll of £70 and decided to stick to the 10nl tables, its where I feel comfortable at the moment and also believe I can hold my own at this level. I know this is a small BR for this level but am willing to take the risk of going bust.
     I have successfully come through the first 2 days and increased my BR to £118.49. 
    There appear to be a few new regulars at this level since I was last here and a few of the old regulars seemed to have moved on. There is also the normal mix of recreational players and I think a good ABC game should be successful at this level, the biggest danger for me will be to try and become to creative and try to force people of medium/strong hands when I hold nothing.

A question that I was wondering is how long a player has to return to the table when they sit out, I know on other sites it ranges from 5 mins to 3 orbits. Would be handy to know what Sky do so I can get those breaks in when I need one, having a rough idea of how long I have. 

Also I am in the process of trying to move house, once I get mine sold. Will be the first move in 19 years and was wondering if anyone had any useful nuggets of advice concerning moving as it is all a distant memory from last time.

Profit £48.49.
    edited May 2014

Just 4-tabled 10nl for approx. 1.5hrs and have to say I felt it was the best I played for a long time, penalising limpers, taking people off better hands, calling correctly a number of times, and generally hitting the cards, which always helps.
     Ended the short session about £26 up.

Due to the over-whelming response to the 2 questions I asked last night I thought I may ask another.

I was driving to work this morning, the usual 45min grind through Leeds, when I hit the daily queue trying to get round Armley gyratory, for those who don't know Leeds this is their equivalent to Hyde Park Corner, but not quite as nice. It was whilst in this queue that the 'webuyanycar.com' advert came on the radio, listening to Talksport and Big Alan Brazil, and when I say big I mean big. This is when I asked myself where do all the cars that 'webuyanycar.com' buy actually go. As I could not come up with a reasonable answer I therefore put it out to the forum 
     Where do all the cars that 'webuyanycar.com' buy actually go?

Bankroll £144.47
    Profit £74.47
    Cash For Points 198
    edited May 2014

3 bets for the last day of the season.

£1 Both teams to score in all 10 games
     £1 Over 2.5 goals in all 10 games.
     £5 Accum Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Sunderland, Southampton.

Wish me luck
    edited May 2014

A quick update.

Saturday didn't play, working then a few pints of the black stuff with friends at the local.

Sunday I messed about a bit playing a few MTT's, ending up about £20 down, would have broke even if I hadn't been bubble boy in the £200 guarantee PLO Hi/Lo. Really enjoyed this tournie and may well end up playing it more.

Monday has involved a couple of hours 4-tabling 10nl. Would have been a profitable evening if I hadn't blown a few BI's playing really, really bad for the last 10mins.

Bankroll £117.38
     Profit £47.38
     Cash For Points 314
    edited May 2014

So I have spent the last 3 days mixing it up. Have played 10nl cash, NL MTT's and the odd OmahaHiLo MTT. Not my most profitable couple of days and recorded a loss of nearly £40 as a result of a combination of the above. Don't think I played particularly well at any time and I am probably lucky not to have damaged my BR further.
     In other news the house moving process can be very annoying. Got a call off estate agents last Thursday to say someone wanted to look at house, on Saturday at 2pm, great I thought. Me and missus spent usual couple of hours giving house extra special clean, as you do, for the arrival of the new owners of our house. 1.45pm and the house is gleaming, bribed my 18yr old to take my 14yr old out for an hour, don't want them messing up the house do we. 2pm and we are perched on edge of sofa ready to spring in to action and become the no.1 real estate vendors in the whole of Yorkshire. 2.15pm and still no sign. 2.30pm and we are beginning to think we may have a problem Houston. 2.45pm and we know it's not happening. Why can't people ring and say they are not coming, soooo rude.
     Good news, hopefully, on the footie front with the prospect of new owners and an injection of cash into the Villa. Although I do agree it is time for Mr Lerner to return to the USA, I do have worries about who will end up holding the reigns. For all Deadly Doug supposedly did wrong, (I personally thought he always did what he thought was best for Aston Villa Football Club), he did make sure he passed the club on to someone who understood the heritage and soul of Villa. In his time Mr Lerner has not changed our colours, not changed our name, not sold the rights to the stadium, not sold us to the corporate monsters. I truly hope that we do not end up like Man City, the atmosphere for their last home game was dire for a team about to win the premiership. The City of old would have had Maine Road rocking. I want Villa to be successful but in the right way, wearing claret and blue, in front of the Holte End at Villa Park, with the true fans in attendance to create a truly amazing atmosphere. I thank Mr Lerner for his time in charge and for maintaining the Villa heritage but beg of him not to sell our soul when he leaves.

Bankroll £81.67
     Profit £11.67
     Cash For Points 391
    edited May 2014

Update for the last 3 days has involved mainly 10nl and a few MTT's.
    Been very up and down ranging from win a £40+ pot on Mastercash tonight, as seen on TV. For those who missed it basically got it all-in on the flop holding 8c,7c on a As,6c,9c flop. Rivered a 4 to hit my straight against villain's AQ. To donking off chips whilst browsing Twitter.
     Think the lesson for last 3 days has been concentrate on 10nl, with no distractions in background, and I may have a chance of doing something with this poker malarkey.
     Dissappointed tonight to see a brand new player on Sky receiving rub downs from another player. Ended up getting involved on chat, trying to help new player auto-post blinds etc whilst telling them to ignore the other idiot. Suggested the new player could learn a lot from going on the forum so hopefully another forumite was born. Bad show from other player who did SkyPoker no good at all.
     Been a lovely weekend in terms of the weather, but not for yours truly who was on a late shift Friday and Saturday and then worked Sunday. Really is nothing worse than driving through Headingley at 10.30pm at night to see all the pubs teaming with people sat outside drinking, knowing you have just finished work and have to do the same tomorrow. Off Saturday, Sunday and Monday next weekend so expect rain.
     Got a busy week at work with a big visit on Thursday so will be working all the hours god sends to make sure everything is perfect. This will probably mean a limited amount of poker being played this week, but hopefully get the odd hour or two in.

Bankroll £99.61
     Profit £29.61
     Cash For Points 515
    edited May 2014

Found out yesterday the 'big visit' at work is cancelled. Disappointing in some ways as it's always nice to showcase what we can achieve and to get the recognition for it. A relief in other ways as the pressure would have mounted and mounted, with more and more work, and less and less sleep. As a result of finding out this news I decided to play a bit of poker last night, sample a few bottles of Bulmers, various flavours, usually get Kopperberg but we had sold out.
     Started off playing a bit of 10nl but decided I wasn't in the mood for cash and decided to enter the Main. Can't really afford it but convinced myself that it wasn't really £33 as I am bound to get a couple of bounties and would therefore be able to play the Main for free. Why does all rational thinking disappear when it comes to poker. So I lasted 45 mins and busted out with nothing. As it was now 8.45pm I had obviously entered the Mini, who can say no to £5k as we are constantly reminded by Orford, Fowler and Tikay. I was doing OK and as a result entered another MTT as I can't just play one on its own. Ended up busting about 70th in the Mini, had got my stack up to 8K at one point but never took a bounty. Think I entered another couple of MTT's, busted these and then went to bed.
     Lying in bed checking Twitter, SportsYapper etc, as you do, when I decide to play a bit of cash on my phone to win my money back. Sat down at a 30nl table, played for about 10 mins, won £6 and thankfully saw sense and went to sleep.
     So I have destroyed my bankroll, all in the name of fun, dropping about £50.
     Plan for today is to play some 10nl and then enter the Main and Mini, really do believe that the Tuesday Main is the one Main I have a real chance of winning one day, let's hope its today.

Bankroll £49.12
     Profit
     -£20.88
     Cash For Points 592

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807
    edited May 2014

Enjoying this Diary, nice balance of poker & real-life, keep it coming.
    edited May 2014

May have been better off having to work all the hours.
    After another unsuccessful session playing 10nl and the Main and Mini I have had to resort to the deposit function within 'my cashier' depositing another £60.
     As a result I have spent a couple of hours reading a few strategy articles and have decided to go back to basics to hopefully get me out of this downswing.
     Also wanted to thank Tikay for his post, nice to know someone is enjoying it.

Bankroll £58.10
     Profit -£71.90
     Cash For Points 651
    edited May 2014

So I have considerably tightened up my starting range and calling range and have continued on my current down swing. I do think that I am currently running like a tortoise in a ploughed field, but we always fall into that trap of its not our play its the poker gods fault.
     With that in mind would like to pose the following situations and get a few replies as to what we think is optimal play.

1. On the Button with A6s, 2 limpers. Raise or call?
     2. On the Cut-off with A6s, 2 limpers. Raise or call?
     3. On the Button with 55, 2 limpers. Raise or call?
     4. On the Cut-off with 55, 2 limpers. Raise or call?
     5. On the Button with 89s, you raise 3xBB, SB 3-bets. Your play?
     6.  On the Button with A4s, you raise 3xBB, SB 3-bets. Your play?

Would really appreciate any feedback, as I need all the help I can get at the mo.

Won't be playing again until probably Saturday afternoon at the earliest as on a late shift today and then straight back on to earlies. Then got a house viewing at 2.30pm Saturday and as our lass is off on holiday for a week with her friend tomorrow it will be left for me to do the obligatory pre-viewing tidy.

Bankroll £27.80
     Profit -£102.20
     Cash For Points 735
  • jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited May 2014

1. depends how your opponents are playing, if they are giving up on most flops and turns then you can raise. if not i dont think a limp is too bad if you know they will still pay you off if you hit big in a limped pot
    2. same as 1 except a fold isnt bad either
    3. same as 1 although prefer a raise unless the opponents are complete stations
    4. same as 3
    5. im never raising 3x on the button. only ever 2x sometimes 2.5. does the same job and gives you a better price to call with nice hands like 89s and easier to 4bet and not be committed.. but with your 3x without knowing the size of the 3 bet you cant really give an answer.
    6. very similar to 5 although if you do call you have to be very cautious post flop especially on a high boards. in general i hate calling 3 bets with weak aces. 
    edited May 2014
    1. depends how your opponents are playing, if they are giving up on most flops and turns then you can raise. if not i dont think a limp is too bad if you know they will still pay you off if you hit big in a limped pot 2. same as 1 except a fold isnt bad either 3. same as 1 although prefer a raise unless the opponents are complete stations 4. same as 3 5. im never raising 3x on the button. only ever 2x sometimes 2.5. does the same job and gives you a better price to call with nice hands like 89s and easier to 4bet and not be committed.. but with your 3x without knowing the size of the 3 bet you cant really give an answer. 6. very similar to 5 although if you do call you have to be very cautious post flop especially on a high boards. in general i hate calling 3 bets with weak aces. 
    Posted by jordz16
     Thanks Jordz, was beginning to think no-one reads this.
    In terms of the 3-bet assume it is a standard one, so I raise to 30p and they 3 bet to £1. Do I just fold or see a flop?
  • Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,339
    edited May 2014

1. On the Button with A6s, 2 limpers. Raise or call?
     2. On the Cut-off with A6s, 2 limpers. Raise or call?
     3. On the Button with 55, 2 limpers. Raise or call?
     4. On the Cut-off with 55, 2 limpers. Raise or call?
     5. On the Button with 89s, you raise 3xBB, SB 3-bets. Your play?
     6.  On the Button with A4s, you raise 3xBB, SB 3-bets. Your play?

im learning myself but how I would play these is,

1. raise 3x
    2. fold
    3  raise 3x
    4. raise 3x
    5  fold
    6  fold.

im trying too make sure my raises are consistently the same, im quite tight as you can tell and fold a lot if I get resistance, but it also depends on if I have a read on my opo's 

it is a game im learning at the same time and mainly trying ABC apoker on the cash tables.

don't know if this helps anything. 

gl 
  • Matt237Matt237 Member Posts: 1,785
    edited May 2014
    I think 1-6 are all calls actually.
  • jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor :  Thanks Jordz, was beginning to think no-one reads this. In terms of the 3-bet assume it is a standard one, so I raise to 30p and they 3 bet to £1. Do I just fold or see a flop?
    Posted by 68Trebor

if the are both standard raises then it depeds on your opinion of your opponent, if you believe you can outplay him in position on most flops then you can call easily, if he has been 3betting a lot then you may want to 4 bet him instead and if he has been playing super tight then i would just give him credit and fold and wait for a better spot. 
  • Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,339
    edited May 2014
    I think 1-6 are all calls actually.
    Posted by Matt237

Main reason im not I wouldnt be calling all of them is I dont like limping, well trying not too anyway.   raise or fold, 
    This could be totally diffrent if I think I have a good read on my opponents, 

Thats the beauty of the forum though, so many different opinions, but which is best or correct.....is there a correct way surely not or we would all play the same and thats not the way it is.