You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited April 2015
    Well played tonight Trebor, great game not only to play but to watch you and batfink go hu. Hope you TID in BH too. Have to let me know.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    edited April 2015

Just a quick update, day off today so managed a couple of tournies at dinner time coming 3/28 and 5/67.
    So that's 4 Final Tables in last 4 MTT's finishing 2,3,5,3. Will return tonight to take one down.

MTT's Played = 52
      Profit =
    -£63.63
      ROI =
    -21.16%
      ITM = 17.31%  

Cash Hands Played=2954
      Total Profit = £49.51
      Total BB/100 = 16.76
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Due to the joys of working in the retail sector I haven't had time to play much poker the last few days. Worked 11am-10.30pm Friday, 11.30am-10pm Saturday, 8am-6pm Sunday and 9am-8.30pm Monday. My only free time Sunday evening was taken up entertaining my 19yr old niece and her new boyfriend. Oh the joys of the Bank Holiday Weekend.
     Another tremendous display by The Villa and think another win against West Ham on Saturday would see us safe. Be amazed if we keep hold of Benteke in the summer, the Beast is on fire at the moment and looks more and more a Champion League player, just hoping Sherwood can weave his magic.
     House move has been confirmed as Friday 5th June and thankfully won't have to spend a week in a Premier Inn. Rang Sky today to cancel my Sky subscription and have to say it was a really, really bad experience. It took 20 mins and the bloke at the other end spent the entire 20 mins trying to convince me to stay with Sky, even though I made it very clear I was leaving and not transferring. Just wonder how many less strong willed people have buckled under the hard seel he troed to give me.
     Had a small wager on Tevez to score and Juve to win at 11/2 so its  anight of footie and the Main and Mini.

MTT's Played = 56
      Profit =
    -£86.64
      ROI =
    -26.23%
      ITM = 16.07%  

Cash Hands Played=2954
      Total Profit = £49.51
      Total BB/100 = 16.76

• Options
    edited May 2015

Lasted for about an hour in the Main and had a deep run in Mini, finishing 16th. Cocked up the following hand and then went out when I got it all in for a pot of 130k well in front but got outdrawn. Really got to learn from hand below as I have a habit of doing this, and it ain't a good habit.
     At least my small wager on Tevez and Juve came in.
     Won't be playing until weekend as got a big visit at work so it will be all hands to the deck and a few long days.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    sylviaclv Small blind  4000.00 4000.00 37012.38
    crowbar88 Big blind  8000.00 12000.00 84800.90
      Your hole cards
    • A

m4rk Fold     
    flatfeet3 Fold     
    68Trebor Raise  16000.00 28000.00 137175.25
    sylviaclv Fold     
    crowbar88 All-in  84800.90 112800.90 0.00
    68Trebor Call  76800.90 189601.80 60374.35
    crowbar88 Show
    • Q
    • A

68Trebor Show
    • A

Flop

• Q
    • J

Turn

River

crowbar88 Win Pair of Queens 189601.80
      MTT's Played = 58
      Profit =
    -£59.99
      ROI =
    -17.30%
      ITM = 17.24%  

Cash Hands Played=2954
      Total Profit = £49.51
      Total BB/100 = 16.76

• Options
    edited May 2015

Played 3 tournies tonight, a Main event sat 48/57, the Mini 410/460 and a £1k Bounty Hunter where I cashed 9/96.
     Had a bet on the following for tomorrow -

£4 Accum - Everton, Villa, Hull, Leicester, Stoke @ 42/1.

4 x £1 Trebles, £1 Accum - BBTS/WIN - Villa 11/4, Leicester 4/1, Stoke 4/1, Man Utd 3/1.

Have broken my golden rule here as I never bet on Villa so that's probably the kiss of death.

Off to Huddersfield tomorrow night to a real ale pub, where they do a couple of really nice Blonde ales so probably won't play tomorrow, then off to Mother in Laws for dinner in Darwen on Sunday so will probably return to the tables Sunday evening.

Days till moving = 28.

MTT's Played = 61
      Profit =
    -£58.35
      ROI =
    -15.75%
      ITM = 18.03%  

Cash Hands Played=2954
      Total Profit = £49.51
      Total BB/100 = 16.76

• Options
    edited May 2015

9 days since my last post, really don't know where the time goes. In those 9 days I have played a total of 7 tournies, my best result coming where I finished 5th in an £11 £400 Bounty Hunter going out when JJ beat my AK all in pre-flop.
     As you will see below I am close to getting back into profit for my MTT's and will play a couple of tournies tonight to hopefully achieve that goal. My ITM% has also improved quite a lot lately and I am now cashing 1 in 5 tournies, just need to convert one of these runs to a win.
     Villa are now safe, despite a thumping yesterday, and we can all look forward to the FA Cup Final now. The rumours are now increasing about a takeover and we will have to wait and see if Lerner is still there come August, in some ways I hope he is as to be fair to him he hasn't sold our soul and seems to have got it right with Sherwood. A couple of decent defenders, a creative midfielder and a strike partner for Benteke could see us challenge top half next year.
     Move is a bit uncertain again, as the people we are buying off have had the house they were going to rent taken away from them, leaving us in a bit of a nervous place as we wait for confirmation that 5th June is a go go, will hopefully get a definite Monday or Tuesday and then get exchange done so we can all relax a bit.
     Boss at work is on holiday for a week and then I am off to Exmouth, Devon next Sunday after work until the Wednesday so have a 10 day break from the boss, there is a god after all. Off to Exmouth to see the parents and relax for a couple of days.
     Sorry to see Aussie09 leave the forum, hopefully only for a small break. He is what the forum is all about and keeps the posts ticking over. 

MTT's Played = 68
      Profit =
    -£32.45
      ROI =
    -7.71%
      ITM = 19.12%  

Cash Hands Played=2954
      Total Profit = £49.51
      Total BB/100 = 16.76

• Options
    edited May 2015

BOOM!!!!!!!

Back in profit, played 2 tournies tonight coming 63/84 in a £400 Bounty Hunter and then entered the 6:45pm £1000 Bounty Hunter for £5.75. Ran well and managed to finish 3/339 for my best finish for a while, would have liked to have taken it down but not my turn, yet.
     Off to bed now and will probs be playing tomorrow and if not defo on Tuesday as I won a free seat in Tikay's golf competition. Thank you Tikay.

MTT's Played = 70
      Profit = £57.59

ROI =
    13.32%
      ITM = 20.00%  

Cash Hands Played=2954
      Total Profit =
    £49.51
      Total BB/100 =

• Options
    edited May 2015

Two tournies tonight, 42/264 in £1000 Bounty Hunter, 10/109 in £500 Bounty Hunter for £22.38.
    Have to say that confidence and the poker gods smiling on you doesn't half help the bankroll. Now up to my best ROI% and ITM%, long may it continue.
     Thinking I might upgrade my car soon, probably after move completed, if it ever is. Got it down to a choice of 4,   BMW 530d, BMW 320d, Ford Kuga Titanium, Nissan Qashqai N-Tec / Tekkna. Would be looking at around the £12k figure so probably around a 10 or 11 plate with around 40k - 60k miles on clock. If anyone has any views on any of the 4 please feel free to post your thoughts.

Whilst we are on the subject, is anybody actually reading this diary or am I just clogging up the forum?

MTT's Played = 72
      Profit = £68.47

ROI =
    15.42%
      ITM = 20.83%  

Cash Hands Played=2954
      Total Profit = £49.51
      Total BB/100 = 16.76
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor:
     Two tournies tonight, 42/264 in £1000 Bounty Hunter, 10/109 in £500 Bounty Hunter for £22.38. Have to say that confidence and the poker gods smiling on you doesn't half help the bankroll. Now up to my best ROI% and ITM%, long may it continue.  Thinking I might upgrade my car soon, probably after move completed, if it ever is. Got it down to a choice of 4,   BMW 530d, BMW 320d, Ford Kuga Titanium, Nissan Qashqai N-Tec / Tekkna. Would be looking at around the £12k figure so probably around a 10 or 11 plate with around 40k - 60k miles on clock. If anyone has any views on any of the 4 please feel free to post your thoughts.  Whilst we are on the subject, is anybody actually reading this diary or am I just clogging up the forum?      MTT's Played = 72   Profit =  £68.47   ROI = 15.42%   ITM = 20.83%     Cash Hands Played=2954   Total Profit = £49.51   Total BB/100 = 16.76
    Posted by 68Trebor

• Options
    edited May 2015

...and while we are at it.

Trebor entered the Golf Competition we ran recently, & tonight he plays the Turbo Tuesday Main Event by way of his prize.

Good luck tonight, hope you run deep & maybe even win the lot.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350
    edited May 2015

im a reader
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,024
    edited May 2015
    As a fellow Villain i'm a reader too.
  • Options
    IkellyIkelly Member Posts: 1,374
    edited May 2015
    Me too, I read a lot of diaries on here, this being one of them. The ones I don't read are the ones based on pure poker results which can get a bit repetitive. Keep up the good work and good luck at the tables.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

A poor day in life, a decent day in poker!

Life - Had a major molar pulled out by the dentist this afternoon after it had fractured and apparently was irrepairable. I really can't think of anything much worse than lying there hearing the roots of your tooth trying to cling to your gums whilst the dentist wrenches the pliers as hard as he can, although after the toothache I was suffering last night it was worth it. The people whose house we are buying have now told us that they cannot find anything to rent and want to put the move back to July, as we have already messed our buyers about and have agreed in principle to completion on the 5th June I have made the decision to call their bluff. I have agreed to exchange with our buyers and complete on 5th June and have told the people we are supposedly buying off that I will move into rented accomodation on 5th June if they can't complete and as I will probably have to rent for a 6 month minimum I will probably start to look at other houses again. Hopefully this will make them re-think. What I don't get and probably never will is that when I phoned our lass to tell her the news I got screamed at and blamed for the actions of the couple we are trying to buy off. Please will someone explain why, a woman's view would be appreciated.

Poker - Played the Main 243/488 and then managed a very good 7/597 in the Mini. My time must be soon!

Thank you for the replies earlier as a it really makes it all worthwhile when you know someone is showing an interest, would really like to see a viewer count on the forum as it would encourage more posters I think.

MTT's Played = 74
      Profit = £114.34

ROI =
    24.83%
      ITM = 21.62%  

Cash Hands Played=2954
      Total Profit = £49.51
      Total BB/100 = 16.76

• Options
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor:
     A poor day in life, a decent day in poker!  Life - Had a major molar pulled out by the dentist this afternoon after it had fractured and apparently was irrepairable. I really can't think of anything much worse than lying there hearing the roots of your tooth trying to cling to your gums whilst the dentist wrenches the pliers as hard as he can, although after the toothache I was suffering last night it was worth it. The people whose house we are buying have now told us that they cannot find anything to rent and want to put the move back to July, as we have already messed our buyers about and have agreed in principle to completion on the 5th June I have made the decision to call their bluff. I have agreed to exchange with our buyers and complete on 5th June and have told the people we are supposedly buying off that I will move into rented accomodation on 5th June if they can't complete and as I will probably have to rent for a 6 month minimum I will probably start to look at other houses again. Hopefully this will make them re-think. What I don't get and probably never will is that when I phoned our lass to tell her the news I got screamed at and blamed for the actions of the couple we are trying to buy off. Please will someone explain why, a woman's view would be appreciated.  Poker - Played the Main 243/488 and then managed a very good 7/597 in the Mini. My time must be soon!  Thank you for the replies earlier as a it really makes it all worthwhile when you know someone is showing an interest, would really like to see a viewer count on the forum as it would encourage more posters I think.    MTT's Played = 74   Profit =  £114.34   ROI = 24.83 %   ITM = 21.62%     Cash Hands Played=2954   Total Profit = £49.51   Total BB/100 = 16.76
    Posted by 68Trebor

Me too, Trebor, but unforch, we have to play the hand we are dealt.

It's a shame really, but there it is. 

PS - I replied to your PM 10 mins ago. Apologies your Free Entry was not actioned, but I did sent it upstairs in plenty of time.  

• Options
    edited May 2015

What an 11 days!

Started on the Thursday before the Bank Holiday when my buyer suddenly decided he was worried about structural damage to our house that he believed may have been caused by the removal of an external chimney that used to house the flue from a large external boiler that was there when we originally moved in. After showing him that there was nothing to worry about we still had to get a survey done to prove everything was ok. A pleasant, rather well to do man, who had a penchant for tweed and hearty dinners it would appear, took great delight in taking my £180 for 15 mins of his time. The things you do to secure a sale. We then got the phone call on the Saturday to tell us the owners of the house we were going to buy could not find anywhere to rent and would not be able to complete on Friday 5th June as had been planned. We then decided to take the plunge, exchange and go into rented accommodation. So we proceeded to exchange with our buyers and look for rented accommodation. As we were in Devon until Wednesday this gave us a total of 7 days to sort out a rented house. Little did I realise how hard this would be and naively thought that rented accommodation was 10 a penny. After numerous calls to find out houses had already been rented, they only want 12 months or more, there are already 20 people viewing it, you won't be able to view it for another week, it won't be ready until July, we'll never sort the paperwork and references in a week , we have thankfully secured a 4 bed house in Lepton and are able to move in Wednesday as I have agreed to pay 6 months rent up front so that references aren't needed. So this Friday we will move out of our home for the last 20 years and start a new venture, all be it a short one, whilst we find a house to actually buy this time.
     Worked over the Bank Holiday Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then made the trip to my parents in Devon, straight after finishing work on the Sunday, arriving there at 11pm. Spent a couple of lovely days on the front, had the best weather of the year so far whilst we were there and enjoyed a few pints in the afternoon at one of my favourite pubs, The Grove on Exmouth Esplanade.
     As expected Villa were totally outclassed by Arsenal yesterday and now the re-building programme must begin. We need to be ruthless and get rid of the players who just aren't good enough - Guzan, Bennett, Okore, Luna, Baker, Vlaar, Cissokho, Sylla, Richardson, N'Zogbia, Cole, Weimann . I would keep Given, Senderos, Clarke, Lowton, Sanchez, Westwood, Kozak, Gardner, Robinson and Gabby as decent squad players. I would then build the team around Hutton, Delph, Cleverley, Grealish, Bent and Gil (doesn't seem in favour with Tim but seemed mighty impressive under Lamberk). On the subject of Benteke I would let him go for £35m. He really didn't seem up for it in Cup Final and with the interest shown in him now is the time to get top dollar for him and re-invest in 2/3 quality players. 
     At work I have had a small promotion from Customer Trading Manager to GM/George Trader. Basically instead of looking after the Checkouts, Pharmacy, Optical, Petrol and Pick and Collect I will now look after the George clothing and George Home/anything that's not food department. Looking forward to it as I am back into the trading side and won't have to listen to customers moan about stuff all day. It should also mean my next role will be Deputy which is a good step on the career path.
     I have only played 2 tournies on 20th May since last update but have registered for the £22 £1000 BH and £33 £5000 BH tonight. A jump in stakes but as I haven't played for a while and I won't be playing much in the next couple of weeks due to the moving I thought I would take a shot.

MTT's Played = 76
      Profit = £97.84

ROI =
    20.51%
      ITM = 21.05%  

Cash Hands Played=2954
      Total Profit = £49.51
      Total BB/100 = 16.76

• Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited May 2015
    Keep up the blog!(long time reader, but only silent observer till now.), an enjoyable read throughout and good luck with your move.Solicitors/Lawyers, seem to be the only trade(except M.P's, all on the take!)where a delay in house sale and or contract negotiations can mean clients paying more and therefore benefit there bottom line profit! A life long Arsenal fan for my sins, i thought Villa would be more up for it and give a better game than they did. My only gripe was i had Walcott 1st goalscorer,and also Walcott and Arsenal 3v1 or 3v0 so i didn't appreciate the 4th goal.

Goodluck at the tables,

Dave.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Thanks for your post Dave, its nice to know that people are reading it. Have to say I was thoroughly impressed by Arsenal and when you look at your squad you must only be a couple of players short of a real title push. An on fire Benteke would certainly improve your chances and give you a Plan B.

As I said in previous post I tried a couple of higher stake tournies and basically did nothing, finishing 30/48 and 119/228 with no bounties and never really getting above starting stack. Played 2 tonight £1000 BH for £5.75 at 6:45pm and the £1000 BH for £22 at 7:00pm, finishing 112/114 and 5/73 respectively. Despite getting up to a 30k+ stack in the £22 buy in I only managed 1 bounty and ended up £45 in profit. Overall May was a successful month with a profit of £117.54. 

We are nearly at D-Day and tomorrow morning I will collect a van and complete our move on Friday. It really is a pain in the a**e this moving lark. I have spent hours changing addresses, cancelling SKY, registering with BT, sorting out utility bills, packing, going to the tip, trying to get hold of people with regards pension schemes from years ago etc. etc. I have one real worry and that is have I hired a van big enough for the job, a Luton, lets hope so. Its funny but despite being excited about the future, knowing its the right thing to do, as I sit here in my favourite chair, in the conservatory we had built, looking out over the garden I have nurtured, I really will miss the old place. I just hope that the house we eventually end up buying feels as much like home as this one does. God I will be crying in a minute, get a grip man. We have already got 4 houses booked to view this weekend so hopefully it won't be too long until we have a new home. Two in Skelmanthorpe, one in Baillif Bridge and one in Breirley.

I will be a very, very busy man tomorrow, packing and hopefully if we are on schedule having a couple of beers in our local for the last time. Its sods law that I went in on Saturday to find they had changed from Doomsbar to Black Sheep, a far nicer pint, why they had to wait until I was moving I don't know. As we won't be getting internet installed in the new house until 18th June I will be off the tables for a couple of week but will probably pop on the forum via my phone know and again, so I will see you on the other side.

MTT's Played = 80
      Profit = £82.92

ROI =
    14.81%
      ITM = 21.25%  

Cash Hands Played=2954
      Total Profit = £49.51
      Total BB/100 = 16.76

• Options
    edited May 2017

It's nearly 2 years since I last posted on this thread so I will try and cover 2 years as best I can in the next few paragraphs. I am now living in a house we bought in October 2015 in the village of Skelmanthorpe, or Sha t as it is known by the locals. We have fallen in love with the area and the open countryside that surrounds it. This won't be our 'forever house' but I do think we will end up staying in this area for the rest of our lives. We will probably move again in a couple of years, to a house with a view, as our daughter goes off to uni, and our lad moved out a year ago.
     As expected its been a tough year for the Villa and been frustrating to watch at times. Have thoroughly enjoyed visiting lots of grounds I haven't been to for a while. I have also become a regular at 'The Fantastic Media' stadium, the home of AFC Emley. They are currently playing in the NECL Division 1 and have lost on the play-offs for 2 years running. I will be purchasing a season ticket for the forthcoming season as at £60 it gives me entry to all games whether it is 1st team or development squad, a free monthly raffle for a gallon of beer and a say in the clubs future as a member.
     On the Poker front I have been mainly playing MTTs' and 180 man SNG's on STARS and been dabbling in micro cash. I have also started playing Live, at my local Grosvenor, with some success and I am showing a profit of over £600 in the 35 tournies I have played, with a couple of wins. The plan is to now just focus on the MTT's on SKY and make a real effort to make a profit. I know I have the game to win but just need to focus and that is the reason for the starting of this thread again. Starting tonight I will be recording the ups and downs on here as I find it certainly helps my game when I do that.

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited May 2017

Welcome back and good luck.

Are the Emley team colours a coincedence or were you looking for the nearest team that saved you the price of a new scarf?