You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    edited July 2014
    Didn't realise you were a fellow Villain.
    Hopefully keane can add something on the coaching front !
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    edited July 2014

Played 2 hours of Mastercash 7pm-9pm tonight and had most successful session for a while, winning £25. Should have been more if I hadn't blown £20 when being stubborn with QQ. One day I will manage to play a whole session without making one stupid mistake for my stack.
     See Villa are up to there old tricks. Currently drawing 1-1 at the mighty Mansfield Town. Ironic how 2 members of the Lambert Bomb Squad, Hutton and Bent combined for the goal. Looking at the pictures of Lambert he has spent the summer comfort eating. Have a feeling it could be another long season although I think the squad is probably a bit better than last years with the signings of Richardson, Cole and Senderos. We also have Okores fit for the season who I think from what little we saw last season could be one of Lambert's better buys. Plus the prodigal sons from the Bomb Squad such as Bent and N'Zogbia. All the kids have also had another season under the belt. Also hearing we are in advanced talks with Costa Rica's Joel Campbell. **** **** when you start to analyse it we could be pushing Champion's League. Just remembered we are currently drawing 1-1 with Mansfield in the late stages, better focus on survival rather than Champion's League.

Bankroll £124.49
      Profit -£225.51
      Cash for Points 442
      MTT's Played 74
      MTT Profit -£159.67
      MTT ROI -23.13%
      ITM 16.44% 
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Well played Ricki Fowler gave me a good run for my money and gave me a £40 profit, surely his time will come soon. Have to say thought Rory played really well and never really looked threatened apart from about half an hour during round 3 when Fowler drew level. Next betting opportunity will probably be when I start to analyse my ante-post bets for the forthcoming footie season. Have a little betting bankroll in place now, on another well known Irish site, following a few winning bets at World Cup and Fowler's second place.
     Villa have departed to USA, hopefully to play in front of new prospective owners. Nice to see Bent get 2 against Mansfield and continue to look forward to next season in the belief we have a better depth to our squad than last season.
     Played 4 tables of 10nl this evening and feel my cash game is finally starting to improve. What I have been using and have been finding very helpful is I have sticky noted to my desktop a list of opening hand ranges from every position. I have been sticking pretty rigidly to these and hence end up in less difficult positions post-flop. Also started making more notes on players as I see them play different situations. 
     Congrats to Shakingaces for taking down hand 799,000,000. It's good to see a forum reg and a lower stakes reg benefit from a Sky promo. Spend it wisely.

Bankroll £158.32
      Profit -£191.68
      Cash for Points 525
      MTT's Played 74
      MTT Profit -£159.67
      MTT ROI -23.13%
      ITM 16.44%  

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor:
       Well played Ricki Fowler gave me a good run for my money and gave me a £40 profit, surely his time will come soon. Have to say thought Rory played really well and never really looked threatened apart from about half an hour during round 3 when Fowler drew level. Next betting opportunity will probably be when I start to analyse my ante-post bets for the forthcoming footie season. Have a little betting bankroll in place now, on another well known Irish site, following a few winning bets at World Cup and Fowler's second place.  Villa have departed to USA, hopefully to play in front of new prospective owners. Nice to see Bent get 2 against Mansfield and continue to look forward to next season in the belief we have a better depth to our squad than last season.  Played 4 tables of 10nl this evening and feel my cash game is finally starting to improve. What I have been using and have been finding very helpful is I have sticky noted to my desktop a list of opening hand ranges from every position. I have been sticking pretty rigidly to these and hence end up in less difficult positions post-flop. Also started making more notes on players as I see them play different situations.   Congrats to Shakingaces for taking down hand 799,000,000. It's good to see a forum reg and a lower stakes reg benefit from a Sky promo. Spend it wisely.   Bankroll £158.32   Profit -£191.68   Cash for Points 525   MTT's Played 74   MTT Profit   -£159.67   MTT ROI -23.13%   ITM 16.44%    
    Posted by 68Trebor

Hi Trebor

Will you be posting these up on here ? I,d like to know what chance you give Villa on the handicap market when the handicaps come out. I to won a bit on the World Cup as i,d backed Argentina and Germany pre -tournament but most of that went on the Golf. Like you said I think Rickie Fowler will come good soon and win some big tourneys. Was really impressed with thim this week
    As for Villa - I thought with Roy keane coming in , this can only be a good thing esp as Paul Lambert speaks so highly of him. I really wouldn,t want Bendter in my team tho. I know he plays well for his country but hasn,t really done anything in the Prem leaugue for years which is why he,s probably been left out for so long. Arsenal really struggled last season with only Giroud as their main striker yet Bentdner still hardly got a chance. if he,d been playing well in training or reserve games surely Arsenal would have used him more

I,m always a bit dubious after a major tournament such as the World Cup when someone has a good cpl of games and all of a sudden there price has gone up x millions and with Joel Campbell i,m sure Villa won,t play anywhere near the same system as Costa Rica did. I do think Villa have been under-acheiving for a long time tho and they are certainly due a good season

GL on the tables and with your diary. I,ll probably see you there as i,m starting to play 5p/10p after a bit of a break for last cpl of months  

Paul
  • Options
    edited July 2014

MP33 I would avoid Villa in any of your pre-season bets. Just don't think we will achieve anything until Mr Lerner gets his sale done. Then we may become a force again, hopefully not at the cost of our soul. Really don't want to become another Chelski or Man City. Not really started to study the ante-post yet but do think Hull have made a few good signings and that Jelavic and Long could be a quite potent strike force. Maybe worth a look on the Handicap. I will be posting all my footie bets throughout the season.
     Played my usual session of 4 x 10nl tables and had a decent time. Did get some fool giving me a bit of grief in the chat-box. Started with him stating 'Trebor only plays hands JJ and better' to which I replied 'Oh no my secret's out'. He seemed to take exception to this and started to give me grief. I have to say that I don't mind this and love to be over nice to people like this and watch them get more and more wound up.
     Have had a guess for the 'predict the time of the 800m hand. Went for a quite early slot at 17:45. Judging by the number of people at the tables tonight I can see this going quicker than some people think. Would be pretty cool if it was to last until show-time on ch861 and was busted live on TV. 
     Well deserved day off tomorrow and will be going to the cinema to watch the Planet of the Apes film. Really hope it is good as the reviews suggest. 

Bankroll £177.04
      Profit -£172.96
      Cash for Points 580
      MTT's Played 74
      MTT Profit -£159.67
      MTT ROI -23.13%
      ITM 16.44%  
  • Options
    edited July 2014

What a wonderful summer this is turning out to be. Every night this week I have returned home from work and then ate my tea sat at the table in the garden, followed by a session of poker again sat in my garden. It amazes me how the British love to moan. OK it has been a bit humid at times but if you could give me this weather every day I would be a very happy man. But it would appear that for the majority of the British public, or at least the ones I meet, they aren't happy with the current weather. No it is now toooo hot. As I keep reminding them, give it a couple of months and I will be driving to work in the rain, in the dark. I will then drive home in the rain, in the dark. On my day off it will rain. People embrace this current hot, sunny spell, enjoy it while it lasts.
     Went to see the new Planet of the Apes film, paid extra to watch it in the brand new, you will never of experienced anything like it, super duper new screen at my local Showcase. Basically paid extra to see it on a bigger screen. The film was good, quite different to Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Couldn't help thinking that Cesar looked a bit like Peter Reid. Would I recommend it, yes definitely. Is it a 5 star film, probably not.
     Been playing on the 10nl tables to varying degrees of success. Would like people's thoughts on the following situation that keeps arising.
     1. Sat in late position / button. I have a hand that is in my pre-flop opening range, but is not huge, that I would raise with no action beforehand. A player limps into the pot before me, what would you do. Would you call, would you raise your standard opening raise, would you increase your standard opening raise.
     2. Same scenario but now 2 limpers before the action reaches you. What would you do.

Bankroll £146.49
      Profit -£203.51
      Cash for Points 766
      MTT's Played 74
      MTT Profit -£159.67
      MTT ROI -23.13%
      ITM 16.44%  

• Options
    edited July 2014

Not played much these last 4 days as been acting GSM at work whilst boss is on hols. Decided last night to go on the Iphone app whilst I was lying in bed, struggling to nod off. As I was only single tabling decided to give PLO a try for a change. Joined a 10p/10p table and made just over £30 in half an hour. Will be entering the Main and Mini tonight and hope to hit the final table of at least 1.
     Our lad is currently in Magaluf, 4 x 18yr old lads away from home for first time, and has so far survived the first 2 days. He currently works at Coral and started doing another little job as well. As a result the tax office have decided to clobber him, according to his pay slip that arrived today. So being the good dad I am I thought would try and get this sorted for him whilst he is away. Does anyone know a quick way to contact HMRC, as I have tried 12 phone calls at different times today and eventually, after being interrogated by a mechanical voice, been told we are very busy, soz, and goodbye. Then get cut off.

Bankroll £162.03
      Profit -£187.97
      Cash for Points 816
      MTT's Played 74
      MTT Profit -£159.67
      MTT ROI -23.13%
      ITM 16.44%  

• Options
    edited August 2014

Been a bit stupid, rather really stupid, last couple of days. 3 days ago fancied a change after playing quite a lot of cash lately and so played 4 MTT's with very little success, bar a couple of bounties. I then decided that PLO8 was the game of choice. I have played this before and as there were no micro stake games available I decided to take a shot at 50pl PLO8, and ended up heads up with Fivanovic. This could off ended in complete disaster but after going a buy-in down managed to claw back to level. Then left table and ended up playing some 20pl PLO. Lost a bit of my role before seeing the light and standing up from table. Today I haven't ventured on to the tables and intend to return tomorrow evening for a small session before going out. I will be returning to the 10nl cash tables.
     Still no luck with the selling of our house but have spent a day driving round to look at a few houses that had looked attractive. Had a shortlist of 8, looked at 7, discounted 7. Why do things never look the same in real life. Have found a relatively new estate of town houses in a very nice area that do appeal. The only problem is that the majority of the houses seem to be leasehold rather than freehold. I would prefer to buy freehold but wondered if anyone had an idea as to why there would be a majority of leasehold houses on this estate.
     On holiday countdown now, finish work this time next week and then fly a week on Sunday. Really are looking forward to it now.
     Will enter the new Premier promo on SkyPoker as it looks a really good promo. Basically play my normal amount of poker and maybe get some free stuff for doing that. Can't go wrong really.
     Ended up with a profit in July of approx. £30, second month running made a profit.

Bankroll £135.75
      Profit -£214.25
      Cash for Points 0
      MTT's Played 78
      MTT Profit -£183.91
      MTT ROI -25.60%
      ITM 15.38%  

• Options
    edited January 2015

So its nearly 6 months since the last post, how time flies, and here's a quick update of where we are at.

Poker - Played all sorts of games at all sorts of sites, from 50nl cash to 23PLO8 cash through MTT's, SNG's, DYM's and Spin and Go's. Played on here, Stars, Hills and PKR. Won some, lost some more. Findings - I can be good at poker when I really want to be, I can be shocking at poker and suffer from tilt when it ain't going good. The bad outweighs the good. The plan is to now stick to Sky and MTT's with a £5 or less buy in. Hence the resurrection of this thread. I find it really helps my discipline when I've regularly updated the diary in the past.

House moving - Finally had an offer that we have accepted on the house this last week. Looks like we have found a house we really like and have a second viewing booked for a week on Sunday, can't go any sooner as they have a big wedding this weekend. Have to say even though I have been scouring Rightmove for the last 12 months it has been a lot harder than I imagined to find the right house. Found the ideal really nice house in a nice area, Gomersal for those who know round here, and a very nice house in a really, really nice house, Lower Hopton. Probably plumping for Lower Hopton, location, location as the saying goes.

Football - Villa continue to struggle and I sometimes wonder how Mr Lambert is still in work. During his reign we have slowly got more and more negative and progressively worse. I do think we are in real danger this year and have visions of us reaching FA Cup final and getting relegated, just like Wigan. What I don't get is that every fan can see we are crying out for a creative midfielder and at long last he may have sorted that in Claude Gill from Valencia. We are also in desperate need of a winger and have one in the talented young kid Jack Grealish but Lambert insists in playing either Weiman or Gabby out of position. Just think we have a squad that is better than our current performances, 11 goals in premier league, and league position state.

Films - Go and see American Sniper if you haven't seen it yet. Excellent film.

Playin a couple of MTT's tonight will update later, wish me luck, I sure need it.

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    edited January 2015
    Good luck mate
    Also agree with everything you say about Villa.
    Mick (another disillusioned Villa fan)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Good luck mate Also agree with everything you say about Villa. Mick (another disillusioned Villa fan)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Is there any Villa fan who is not disillusioned.

WE WANT OUR VILLA BACK.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Played 4 MTT's tonight.
     All of them for a £5 buy in, that's a good start for me.
     Played a £500BH, £1500BH, £100PLO AND £100PLO8.
    Got off to a decent start in the £500BH taking 2 bounties early on and getting up to 5000 chips from 2000 starting stack. Lost a large proportion of this when bet out all 3 streets to get called down by someone holding 22, and no there wasn't a set, a flush or a straight. Sometimes it just goes like that. Knew they were pretty weak and could get them off but they were intent on calling all 3 streets.
     £1500 BH never got above starting stack.
     Both PLO's were standard hands I went out with, just the way of PLO, you get it in and hope the cards run your way.

Another cracker of a second half in the footie tonight, had to feel for Sheff Utd but in the end Premier class just about had enough. What a good buy Erikson is looking this season.

MTT's Played = 4
     Profit = -£18.24
     ROI = -82.91%
     ITM = 0.00%
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Played a couple of £5.50 MTT's last night and a couple tonight.
    Never got near the money in any of them and only managed a couple of bounties. Played pretty poorly last night and looking back should of probably given it a miss. Thought I played pretty well tonight overall and only leaked a few chips on a couple of occasions. Need to rid myself of the tendancy to call a button shove with rag aces when in the big blind.
     Think that Sinclair could be a good signing for Villa, he has a bit of trickery to his game and is prepared to take on and beat a man, something the rest of the team seem incapable of, excusing Mr Gill who has only just joined and also seems to have the potential to offer us some positivity. A bit disappointed to see Sinclair has been given the No.9 shirt. This is an iconic shirt down the Villa and has been worn by some heroic Villains, Lockhead, Gray, Withe, Milosevic, Dublin, Angel to name a few. Although to be fair it has also been worn by Harewood, Ireland, Bent and Helenius in recent times. It would also point to the fact we won't be signing Demba Ba as has been rumoured in certain parts as he would of surely been kept the No.9 shirt. There really wasn't any way in which Mr Lerner was ever going to part with £80k a week anyway.
     This house moving lark is becoming increasingly stressful and we have only just accepted an offer on our house. The stressful, at the moment, is finding the right house for us. The other half is keen on an older 3 bedroom property, whereas I am leaning towards a newish 4 bedroom, 3 storey town house. Both are in nice areas and I honestly don't see how we will choose. It will probably come down to me compromising and agreeing to her choice. My only worry with her choice, although it is a nice house, is that it doesn't offer as many rooms so where will I have 'my space'. We are going to have to choose within the next week or so as our buyers are keen to move.
     Won't be playing tomorrow as it is my weekend in at work, which basically means doing the late shift on Saturday and then working Sunday, so will be back on the tables Sunday evening.

MTT's Played = 8
     Profit = -£36.48
     ROI = -82.91%
     ITM = 0.00% 

• Options
    edited February 2015

Played a couple of tournies on Sunday night, £1500 BH and a £500BH, coming 73/407 and 94/122 taking 1 bounty.
    Monday night played just the Mini as I didn't get home from work until 8pm and also wanted to watch 'Broadchurch' whilst playing so didn't want to overtax the brain. Thought I played well and ended up 14/587 for a decent return. Was going along really nicely and was in top four from about 150 out till about 35 left. Then got KK, KK and AA in the space of 10 hands. Didn't really work out for me as AA got cracked by 2 pair, KK both times ended up with an A on the flop. This left me with about 40k chips and I ended up treading water for a while. Then with table re-draw I ended up the short stack on the table with everyone else having at least double my stack. Ended up getting it in for a race I lost. Was happy with my play and feel a big one coming soon.
     Day off tomorrow so will definitely be playing a couple of tournies tomorrow night. Planning an afternoon of snooker with my lad who is also off tomorrow and will then catch the second episode of 'Fortitude' tomorrow night on Sky One. Really gripping first episode and well worth a look.
     On the football front the untouchable Mr Lambert recorded another miserable display and is breaking more records with over 10 hours of league football without a goal. I am all for stability within a football club but his continued leadership of our club with his dismal record over 3 seasons is beyond belief. What I find amazing is that the owner Mr Randy Lerner is obviously a very astute business man with an enviable track record within his field. Yet he does not seem to grasp the fact that Mr Lambert is on the verge of taking this club into the Championship. As he has put the club up for sale he must realise its value will collapse if we fall through the trap-door but seems unaware of the imminent trouble we are in. Lambert's complete failing as a manger is summed up today when we are seen to be desperately scrambling about trying to sign a proven goalscorer in the form of Lambert and Adebayor. Surely it was glaringly obvious 6 weeks ago we were desperate for a proven goalscorer and yet we appear to have waited to the 11th hour to try and do something about this at no doubt over inflated prices. To top it all he has decided to fall out with Darren Bent and insists in farming out a Premier League proven goalscorer to anyone who will take him. We are unbelievably lucky to be outside the relegation zone having only scored 11 league goals all season but if we do not improve drastically we will end up in the bottom 3 at the end of the season and to be fair when we do get relegated no-one can say we didn't deserve to go down. Chelsea next up so again it will be Villa0 #lambertout.

MTT's Played = 11
     Profit = -£22.02
     ROI = -36.40%
     ITM = 9.09% 

• Options
    edited February 2015

Quick update before tonight's play.

Didn't play Wednesday night as on a late at work, home about 10.30pm, and then was back in this morning.
    Played 3 tournies on Tuesday the £1,500 BH, the Main and the Mini. Only got anywhere decent in the Mini finishing 228/635

Every day at the moment I take a peep at Sky Sports app on my phone half expecting Mr Lambert to have gone, only to be disappointed. I am beginning to think this man is untouchable and I am now predicting he will survive until Dec 16th 2015, when we slip into the Championship relegation zone having just been hammered at Villa Park 4-0 by Charlton. Looks like another potential candidate in Tim Sherwood will probably land the job at QPR, so the options get less and less. Out of the possible candidates left I would plump for Laudrup or Hoddle, if you could convince either of them to come. Going on Mr Lerner's history of appointments he will pick the man who will most upset the fans. Get your money on Robbie Savage to be the next Villa manager, keep it to yourselves though.

Looking forward to the next episode of 'Fortitude' tonight and if you didn't catch the first episode give it a go.

On the house front our buyers are appearing very keen with their surveyor already booked in for next week. Really are going to have make a decision very soon but really not wanting to rush into buying unless it is right. The problem is I have agreed with the bank to transfer my exsisting mortgage, base rate +1%, and therefore need to buy rather than rent for a while.

Anyway its off to the tables for me, starting with the £1,500 BH at 6.45pm, fast becoming my regular tournie.

MTT's Played = 15
     Profit = -£44.54
     ROI = -52.46%
     ITM = 6.67% 
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Played well tonight, apart from a couple of hands I butchered and a couple of hands I probably should of been braver with.
    Only played the 2 MTT's tonight. The 7.15pm £500 Bounty Hunter where I finished 20/137 and should of really cashed, top 16 got paid, but got over aggressive with no hand and lost a large stack of chips with 24 left. What's the saying, aim for the win. Perhaps when in a better situation.
     Also played the £1,500 Bounty Hunter at 6.45pm and ended up 16/345 getting it all in with my A,6 up against J,10 for a 40k pot. Not to be tonight but I feel its coming.

MTT's Played = 17
     Profit = -£36.21
     ROI = -37.76%
     ITM = 11.76%  

• Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited February 2015
     Every day at the moment I take a peep at Sky Sports app on my phone half expecting Mr Lambert to have gone, only to be disappointed. I am beginning to think this man is untouchable and I am now predicting he will survive until Dec 16th 2015, when we slip into the Championship relegation zone having just been hammered at Villa Park 4-0 by Charlton. Looks like another potential candidate in Tim Sherwood will probably land the job at QPR, so the options get less and less. Out of the possible candidates left I would plump for Laudrup or Hoddle, if you could convince either of them to come. Going on Mr Lerner's history of appointments he will pick the man who will most upset the fans. Get your money on Robbie Savage to be the next Villa manager, keep it to yourselves though. Posted by 68Trebor
    You shouldn't even joke about things like that.

Disappointed Forest didn't get Grealish on loan, as we allegedly were going to until the latest upheaval of the past week or so. Surely only a matter of time before he's a Villa regular?
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Only played the Mini last night as didn't get in from work until 8:20pm. Played well again, despite nodding towards the end, and another cash finishing 20/638. Cards ran for me early on but didn't towards the end. C'est la poker.
     Gonna play a couple of Speed BH's this aft whilst listening to the footie, then off out tonight.
     Couple of bets this afternoon to add to the enjoyment of the football. For the first time in a long, long time I gave backed against the Villa, hate doing it but easy money.

£5.60 treble - Man City, Chelsea, Southampton @3/1.
     £2.83 accum - Chelsea -1, Man City -1, Boro -1, Norwich -1, Swindon -1, Aberdeen -1 @70/1.

3:35 Newbury
     £2 ew On Tour @10/1

25p CFC, 10p CTC - On Tour, Fascino Rustico, Jolly's Cracked It.

MTT's Played = 18
     Profit = -£20.05
     ROI = -19.77%
     ITM = 16.67%  

• Options
    edited February 2015

Played 2 Speed Bounty Hunters this afternoon, continued my semi-decent run of the last few days and finished 11.23 and then took down the other for a tidy little profit. Unfortunately the horse bet has gone down and the footie bets aren't looking to good at the mo. Unbelievably Villa0 have managed to score a goal and so Lambert's tenure will no doubt continue. The man really has got soooo many lives. 
     No more poker today and looking forward to a few beers tonight. Getting the train from Dewsbury to Huddersfield and then off to  a real nice 'proper' pub that is owned by Ossett Breweries and always has a decent selection of real ale on tap. Tomorrow is D-Day in the house hunting. We are down to 2 and are visiting both for a second view before making a decision. Think it may come down to which we get at the better price.
     Enough for today, going to chew the nails away as I wait to see if Villa can get a result today.

MTT's Played = 20
     Profit = -£6.34
     ROI = -5.98%
     ITM = 20.00%  
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Not really in the mood for poker tonight so only played the 2 tournies, a sat for the £5k BH, where I finished 8/28 and the £1,500 BH where I got it all in pre-flop for a 20k stack and the lead with my QQ up against a bit of a maniacs AK. Not my night tonight, so calling it a day for the poker.
     Did have a decent footie bet come up though. Had 4 x 50p Trebles and a £1 accum on draws at Everton, Burnley, Newcastle and West Ham. Thanks to Crouch and Blind for netting me near on £200. Withdrew £180 which is always nice to do. Had a small £2 accum on Valencia, Barcelona -1, Genk -1 and Palermo +1 at odds of 21/1 for tonight's entertainment.
     Only 3 weeks till skiing and tonight on Ch5* at 10pm there is a documentary on the resort Pas De La Casa where I will be staying so will give it a watch.
     Tomorrow will hopefully be buying a house as we have come to a decision today and depending on how negotiations go tomorrow will know where we are going. Really excited about the move now whilst being apprehensive hoping everything goes through as its supposed to.

MTT's Played = 22
      Profit = -£17.11
      ROI = -14.42%
      ITM = 18.18%