You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,325
    A fine set of photos, amazing ground Villa Park.
  • 68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    Tikay10 said:

Fabulous 'photos @68Trebor. Is photography a bit of a hobby of yours? - the 'photos all seem to be very well "framed".

What a lovely part of the country.

In the second 'photo, what is the bird just landing or taking off? Is it some sort of raptor?

Is Willow fully recovered now?

Villa v The Bees? Can't wish you luck with that.... ;)

I believe they were a family of partridge with the odd pheasant thrown in

Willow is fully recovered if slightly knackered after some of the 10 mile plus walks.
    Thought you might have something to say about The Bees. Great start to the season for you and still to concede, although you haven't come up against Mr Ings yet.
    Photos are just on my phone, amazing what tech lets you do these days.
    mumsie said:

Cheers Mumsie, and yes Villa Park is amazing. I might be slightly biased but I think it is one of the few remaining 'proper' stadiums. I would put it in the same category as Goodison and Hillsborough. I really miss going to places like Highbury, Baseball Ground, Upton Park, Filbert Street, Roker Park, Ayrsome Park, The Old Den - I could go on and on. Who do you follow?
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,325
    68Trebor said:

mumsie said:

Cheers Mumsie, and yes Villa Park is amazing. I might be slightly biased but I think it is one of the few remaining 'proper' stadiums. I would put it in the same category as Goodison and Hillsborough. I really miss going to places like Highbury, Baseball Ground, Upton Park, Filbert Street, Roker Park, Ayrsome Park, The Old Den - I could go on and on. Who do you follow?
    Im not too bothered about football these days, I just have a passing interest, i like to see both Manchester teams do well
    In the late 70,s early 80's I used to go to Maine rd most home games.
    Around 83-84 I went to a handful of Man U games home and away, Villa Park being one of them, I was impressed with the acoustics and atmosphere of the ground. The memory has stayed with me.
    edited August 2021
    Not a bad end to a cracking couple of weeks

Bankroll £963
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766
    68Trebor said:

Not a bad end to a cracking couple of weeks

Bankroll £963

Nice one, you are on a roll one way & another, long may it last.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Good work

Yep, Villa Park - proper ground
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Just been catching up on this, nice win wp. Cracking photos too.

Can you believe its been a month, I cant!!!!

A lots happened in that month. Villa are starting to look the real deal, went to my daughter's graduation, the week of visits at work, petrol shortages, possible new job opportunities, AJ got schooled, I witnessed the biggest boxing robbery of all time, the days got shorter, poker mehhhhh.

So Villa have become a better team post Grealish and are really starting to challenge for a Top 6 place. They have also unearthed another homegrown gem in Jacob Ramsey and an exciting capture of Bailey, possibly the new Tony Daley for those with long memories. How far this journey can go is anyone's guess but the Man Utd game summed up the positivity and togetherness of the squad and the decision to 'go for it' in the last 15 minutes with really positive substitutions shows how far we have come. As for Ole moaning about the way we behaved when the penalty was awarded, what comes around goes around Ole! All I can say is I love Martinez and he is fast gaining icon status down at Villa Park.
    Daughter graduated from Northumbria University with a First in Bio Medicine and we had a lovely day at the graduation ceremony in Newcastle Cathedral followed by lunch down on the Quayside in the sun. She has now started her Masters and seems to be living life to the full.
    Within a week at work we had separate unannounced visits from a couple of Directors and a visit from one of the new owners. You have to admire his work ethic and the attitude he has to retail with everything he is implementing being about giving the customer a better experience. he is also a big advocate of giving the stores the autonomy to run their shops as they see fit rather then how a body in Asda House believes it should be run. He seems very intent on the stores being the jewel in the crown and not Asda House as so often has been the case, and the customer being king.
    Having said all that I am currently exploring opportunities within Asda House to gain a better work / life balance and am waiting for an email next week with regards to a possible position.
    Petrol shortages, or not as the case may be, don't get me started. What a surprise if you tell everyone not to panic, everyone panics!!
    Watched the boxing on Saturday night and could not believe that Hatton somehow got the decision in his fight. I felt so sorry for his opponent who was soooo on top throughout the fight and it is decisions like that which give boxing a bad name. As for AJ he can have no complaints as Usyk gave a masterclass and totally deserved the victory. It was nice to see after the fight two boxers acknowledge each other in the way they did and no doubt Usyk gained a few UK fans, myself included, for his attitude and overall humbleness.
    On the poker front I have been flitting about a bit between sites and between tournies and cash, with little success and a loss of £350 over the past month. Having a reset now and starting at £500 bankroll with the aim to concentrate mainly on cash on Sky. Great to see @PBKR take down another big score on Party and to see @adam04 on the FT of GUKPT Leeds.
    On a sidenote I have also been piling on the pounds lately and after someone commented at work on Friday I have decided that tomorrow is the start (again) of another fitness and diet drive. Will be getting back on the cycling machine and counting calories again.

Bankroll £500
    Weight 204lbs

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    68Trebor said:

A lots happened in that month. Villa are starting to look the real deal, went to my daughter's graduation, the week of visits at work, petrol shortages, possible new job opportunities, AJ got schooled, I witnessed the biggest boxing robbery of all time, the days got shorter, poker mehhhhh.

So Villa have become a better team post Grealish and are really starting to challenge for a Top 6 place. They have also unearthed another homegrown gem in Jacob Ramsey and an exciting capture of Bailey, possibly the new Tony Daley for those with long memories. How far this journey can go is anyone's guess but the Man Utd game summed up the positivity and togetherness of the squad and the decision to 'go for it' in the last 15 minutes with really positive substitutions shows how far we have come. As for Ole moaning about the way we behaved when the penalty was awarded, what comes around goes around Ole! All I can say is I love Martinez and he is fast gaining icon status down at Villa Park.
    Daughter graduated from Northumbria University with a First in Bio Medicine and we had a lovely day at the graduation ceremony in Newcastle Cathedral followed by lunch down on the Quayside in the sun. She has now started her Masters and seems to be living life to the full.
    Within a week at work we had separate unannounced visits from a couple of Directors and a visit from one of the new owners. You have to admire his work ethic and the attitude he has to retail with everything he is implementing being about giving the customer a better experience. he is also a big advocate of giving the stores the autonomy to run their shops as they see fit rather then how a body in Asda House believes it should be run. He seems very intent on the stores being the jewel in the crown and not Asda House as so often has been the case, and the customer being king.
    Having said all that I am currently exploring opportunities within Asda House to gain a better work / life balance and am waiting for an email next week with regards to a possible position.
    Petrol shortages, or not as the case may be, don't get me started. What a surprise if you tell everyone not to panic, everyone panics!!
    Watched the boxing on Saturday night and could not believe that Hatton somehow got the decision in his fight. I felt so sorry for his opponent who was soooo on top throughout the fight and it is decisions like that which give boxing a bad name. As for AJ he can have no complaints as Usyk gave a masterclass and totally deserved the victory. It was nice to see after the fight two boxers acknowledge each other in the way they did and no doubt Usyk gained a few UK fans, myself included, for his attitude and overall humbleness.
    On the poker front I have been flitting about a bit between sites and between tournies and cash, with little success and a loss of £350 over the past month. Having a reset now and starting at £500 bankroll with the aim to concentrate mainly on cash on Sky. Great to see @PBKR take down another big score on Party and to see @adam04 on the FT of GUKPT Leeds.
    On a sidenote I have also been piling on the pounds lately and after someone commented at work on Friday I have decided that tomorrow is the start (again) of another fitness and diet drive. Will be getting back on the cycling machine and counting calories again.

Bankroll £500
    Weight 204lbs

Bromley04? :)
    edited September 2021
    Jac35 said:

68Trebor said:

Bankroll £500
    Weight 204lbs

Bromley04? :)

Whoops, well spotted @Jac35

@68Trebor

Terrific update, as always.

You must have been super proud to have attended the Graduation of your daughter. Did you well up just a tinsy-winsy bit?
    And we're back!

Villa, oh dear. Feel for Deano and really hope we haven't made a mistake here. The bloke will go down as one of my favourite Villa managers alongside Taylor, Atkinson, Gregory and Little. He is a genuinely decent bloke and has gave me some of my best moments following Villa. Who we get now is anyone's guess but don't be surprised if it is some left sided appointment. The current recruitment team at Villa are massive on stats and I have a feeling that may have an influence on who we go after. Personally I would love Potter (not sure he would leave Brighton) or maybe AVB (not Aston Villa Boss but Andres Villas Boas) or for the dreamers Poch. Would love to see Smith go to Norwich and nothing would make me happier than to see him keep them up. One thing is for sure he will receive a tremendous reception when he does return.
    Emley are finding life tough in their first season in the Premier Division and currently sit 17th four points ahead of the relegation zone. Been to see them a few times and it is apparent that the Emley squad is younger and physically smaller than the other teams in this league. Aim has to be to stay up and build for next season.
    Work remains testing and I have been scouring Indeed for a new challenge. Got an initial telephone interview on Wednesday for the General Manager role at my local garden centre. Hopeful and really want this one.
    Have acquired a new motor, BMW X3. Got this as I am getting old and the 3 series MSport was just too low and killing my back and knee. A factor was that I managed to get nearly £3k more than I paid for it after 6 months of driving. Funny how the pandemic has pushed prices of certain 2nd hand cars up.
    Poker has been a case of flitting from one site to another and playing all sorts from tournies, to cash to all in or folds on a certain site. Got a bit silly at times playing up to $2/$4 all in or fold PLO. Have to say I was a winner at the game, clearing over $1,300 in a week. Soon realised that I was running way better than I should and made the wise decision to take my profit and run. Have used it wisely and increased the value of my share account. This is something I am investing more and more into and currently have a share account and a share ISA. ISA is for long term saving and share account currently has enough into to cover this coming years holiday costs. I have a varied portfolio and it is currently performing ahead of stock market. Invested a large chunk into TUI and Easyjet in the past six months with the view the market will take off again and the continued rumours surrounding Easyjet being swallowed up by another airline. My current plan with regards poker is that I have deposited £200 into Sky and will try to build the Bankroll up again.
    Willow is fine at the moment although slightly frustrated at the current lack of squirrels.

Bankroll £200.

@68Trebor

"A factor was that I managed to get nearly £3k more than I paid for it after 6 months of driving."

How good do you run?

VBOL with the job interview.

Tikay10 said:

@68Trebor

"A factor was that I managed to get nearly £3k more than I paid for it after 6 months of driving."

How good do you run?

VBOL with the job interview.

To be fair, at the time I knew it was a cracking price I had paid for it.
    Research and patience are the real key to buying a second hand car.
    Think I have got another steal to be honest.

And we are back and what a few months it has been.

I am now into my last 2 or 3 weeks with Asda after securing the job of General Manager at my local garden centre. I have given a total of 11 weeks notice and I am trying to currently negotiate whether they will let me finish a week earlier than originally planned which would make my last shift Saturday 29th Jan. I would then have a week of R&R at home before I jet off to Andorra, all being well, for a week of skiing to return on Sunday 13th Feb and then start my new career at Dobbies on Tuesday 15th Jan. I really am excited at the prospect of this new challenge and that is nothing to do with the fact my daily commute has gone from a 45 min journey each way to 5 mins, the centre only opens 9-5 rather than the 24 hour opening at Asda, I will not be the centre of attention for head office, Dobbies is based in Scotland, and the general slower pace. It is more to do with the fact I have seen the slow decline of the place over the last couple of years and cannot wait to have the opportunity to bring the place back to life.
    With my commute being massively cut and the wife having a decent car in the form of a Mokka I have decided that I cannot justify running a BMW X3 and have managed to sell it and bought a little runabout in the form of a 2015 plate Citroen DS3. I pick this up Thursday and it is all to do with the choice of lifestyle over wages as I have taken a pay cut to get out of the food retail rat race.
    Stevie G, what can I say. He has certainly bought the pride back to Villa Park and the arrival of Coutinho and Digne is a real sign we are back on track as a club and heading in the right direction and up the table. When you add in the ever improving Buendia, Sanson who I believe could become a real star, the emergence of Ramsey who is doing more than Grealish ever did at this age and has huge potential, the ever improving Chukwuemeka and the possible signing of Bissouma we are starting to look like a real threat again.
    Emley AFC continue to struggle in the North East Counties Premier Division and currently sit in 17th place. They are however 7 points off the relegation zone with 2 games in hand on Hemsworth Miners Welfare who currently sit 19th and a 14 point advantage over Athersley Recreation who are bottom. Thankfully only 2 teams get relegated so I would expect them to survive as things stand. The real problem may come next season with Hallam and North Ferriby leading the race for promotion from Division One and both these teams having tremendous support and the associated financial clout to snap up the best players. Hallam averaging a crowd of 547 and North Ferriby 453. Both would probably be comfortable in the Premier Division and Emley need to start taking their chances and stop giving away silly goals. I have also become a volunteer at Emley and have taken on the role of starting a monthly lottery to provide some much needed funds. Once this is up and running, the plan being it will be ready for the start of next season, I will post details on here, if that is allowed, and anyone who wants to set up a monthly direct debit with a chance of winning some money whilst supporting grass roots football would be more than welcome.
    Talking of football I am sure many of you are aware of the Talksport Selector game where you pay £10 and then each week select a premier league team to win and if they do you continue to the next week. I am currently still involved in Game 3, which has now reached round 10, and I am one of only 26 left with over £17k going to the winner. My pick for next week will be Arsenal to win at home to Burnley. With the teams I have left to pick from it was a choice realistically of Watford to beat Norwich, Leeds to beat Newcastle or Arsenal to beat Burnley. Really torn between Leeds or Arsenal but going to plump for The Gooners. Wish me luck.
    Willow had a mighty lucky escape yesterday when she was attacked by two huge dogs when out walking with our lass and her friend. Apparently these two dogs were out of control and not responding to their owners calls. Having chased our lass's friend's dogs they turned on Willow and she bolted straight out of the park they were in and across a main road. I received a frantic and hysterical phone call from the wife who had no idea where Willow had gone and had been told by people who had seen her flee that she had been hit by a car. Luckily as I was on my way to Almondbury, having left work as soon as I received the call, someone rang me to tell me they had found her and she was at the local vets. By some miracle she doesn't seem to have suffered any lasting damage and seems to be suffering from just a sore leg. She is rather quiet but seemed fine when I took her out this morning and although she was more wary of other dogs than usual she didn't seem overly concerned. I have to say though that until I received the phone call to say she had been found I was fearing the worst and got quite emotional.
    On the poker front I haven't played much over the last few months, just the odd $10 to $20 MTT and intend to deposit £200 on to Sky and play mainly 10nl and 20nl cash and see where we end up. I have found that I do not have the patience to sit and grind MTT's at the moment and with my new found freedom and more time at home that I will inevitably get with my new role I don't want it to be spent playing hours and hours of MTT's for little reward. Hope to see some of you on the cash tables soon.

Bankroll £200.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,978
    Welcome back. Good luck with the new job.

Glad your dog is OK. Always amazes me the number of people who let their uncontrollable dogs loose.

I have a Lakeland Terrier. Small dog, but as far as other dogs are concerned, a breed that are nutters even by Terrier standards.

Last night, walking my dog. On a lead at all times. (My dog could never be off a lead in a public place). Tightened lead when saw this Labrador off a lead with his owner without a care in the world.

My dog is not sneaky. He makes it very clear what will happen. Lab owner says no need to put his dog on a lead, as it is friendly. I make it very clear he needs to be sure that his dog will not approach, and why. He found this quite funny. And lets his dog go nose to nose with mine before I could pick him up. Not the dog's fault. The owner's fault.

Fortunately, my dog was in a good mood. Only took me a couple of minutes to get my dog's jaws to release the other dog's nose :)

Good to hear from you @68Trebor

Sounds like a very lucky escape for Willow.

Enjoy Couthino, & GL with the new job.

@68Trebor

Enjoy that skiing trip to Andorra, & don't forget we'd like to see a few 'photos.
    Tikay10 said:

@68Trebor

Enjoy that skiing trip to Andorra, & don't forget we'd like to see a few 'photos.

Will do @Tikay10 when I go in a couple of weeks.