You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• 68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

Short update incoming.

Stevie G is a footballing god. Got the team really fighting for each other and we are really starting to see the little man Buendia start to come into his own. Martinez has signed a new long term deal and everything is looking rosy.
    Emley AFC suffered another defeat, all be it only 1-0, on Saturday at home to Sherwood Colliery in front of a crowd of 238. Sherwood currently sit 4th in the table so no great surprise. Emley remain 2 places above the relegation zone, 7 points clear with 2 games in hand.
    Willow is slowly getting back to normal after her ordeal although we are back at the vets tomorrow. She was crying on and off at the beginning of the week so I took her in for a proper check over and she had suffered swelling to the eye, possible bruising to her hind leg and the worst bit, her dewclaw has been damaged. The vet is hopeful this will heal itself and this is what we are checking tomorrow.
    I now have 6 shifts left at Asda and my last shift is on Tuesday 1st Feb. I then have a few days off at home followed by a week on the slopes of Andorra before starting my new adventure. Have to say it is a bit of a palaver getting all the tests etc sorted, only for them to change every 24hrs. I am sure it will all be worth it once we get there, although I do hope and expect it will be a lot easier come summer holiday time.
    For anyone with a few hours to spare I cannot recommend highly enough ITV's Anne. It is the story of Anne William's battle to get justice for her son Kevin who died at the Hillsborough disaster. The lady is an absolute inspiration and for those who were around at the time it is a poignant reminder of that tragic day. I am sure I am not alone in shedding a few tears.
    The BMW X3 is gone and in its place is the surprisingly nippy, fun to drive, fuel efficient, cheap to run Citroen DS3. Have to say that although I miss the X3 it is not as much as I thought I would. The DS3 has everything I need with cruise control, parking sensors, telephone, auto wipers and lights and the only thing I really miss is the DAB radio and I do admit it is a bit noisier in the old cockpit. The excess I made has been invested into the Stocks and Shares ISA.
    The Talksport Selector is over and the final outcome was a satisfactory one. With 26 left going into Saturday the following choices were made - 10 selected Watford, 8 Leeds, 2 Leicester and 6, including me, Arsenal. So not one of us, thanks Mr Lacazette, managed to survive and we got to split the £17k between us. With the £670 I have invested in a new jet wash, give the kids a bit, put a bit towards skiing spending money and decide to increase the poker bankroll. Having played a couple of sessions of cash on SkyPoker I had already increased it from the original £200 to £300 and will now be topping that up to £500.

Bankroll £500.

Couple of photos from today, cause everyone loves a photo.

Did a bit of gardening today and this little lady kept appearing. Some people think it is people from your past coming to have a chat and I always think of my dear old mum whenever this happens in the garden.

Took this out walking Willow this afternoon and just like it a lot.

Ventured on the 30nl tables last night, big mistake, back on the 10nl and 20nl tables tonight.

Bankroll £442.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,081

Robins are just so lovely.

It's been a while, so here's a bit of a catch up.

Biggest news is that I am now 8 weeks into my new job as General Manager at my local garden centre situated in Shelley. Still a member of the 'green army' but just a different 'green army'. Have thoroughly enjoyed my time so far and have absolutely no regrets in the decision I took to take a pay cut for a better work life. I spent the first few weeks in Altrincham, Ponteland and Chesterfield learning the ropes and have been in situ in Shelley for 4 weeks now. I now leave home at 7:50am, after taking Willow for an early morning stroll, and get home between 5:15pm and 6:15pm depending on how my day has gone, usually 5:30pm to be honest. I get every other full weekend off and get to spend my working day in a lovely environment with customers who choose to come there rather than have to go there through necessity. The other real benefits are that when you tidy up it stays tidied up, not at all like the crisp aisle on a Saturday afternoon in Asda. We shut at 6pm and are not reliant on a night shift, so what you leave is what you walk into in the morning. I am situated nearly 200 miles from head office, rather than 5 miles. I am General Manager of one of the smallest centres in the chain rather than one of the biggest. Had a visit from the newly appointed Operations Director along with my Regional Manager on Saturday and it was all very relaxed and a good visit without the hassle of working silly hours to prepare for it. All in all as the wife has already noticed I am in a better frame of mind, less tired and definitely less stressed.
    Villa after the early promise under Stevie G have somewhat gone off the boil and already look like they are on the beach or know they won't be coming back next season. Do feel for Buendia who had really started to come good until Coutinho turned up and took his place. Having said that Coutinho is different class and I will be amazed if he is still at Villa Park next season. Think this summer will see a bit of a mass exodus and a load more incomings. This is not sustainable though and at some point we have to stick with a core and just add the odd player. Only definites that I can see for next season are - Martinez, Cash, Digne, McGinn, Ramsey (what a season he has had), Buendia, Nakamba, Archer (another youngster who has had a great season on loan at PNE), Watkins and Coutinho if he signs. Think Centre Defence is up for grabs, definitely need a holding midfielder (have done for years to be honest), at least one winger and another striker. Could be another interesting transfer window for us.
    Emley had a fine end to the season and managed a very creditable 9th place finish in their first season in the Premier League.
    The best bit of news is that Willow seems to be fully recovered both physically and mentally from her ordeal and is back to her old self, interacting with other dogs and enjoying playing with them again.
    Got myself another new car as although the DS3 was OK it was intended as a stop gap and was then going to be passed on to my daughter when she finished her masters this summer. She has now decided to stay in central Newcastle for another year and then plans to do a bit of travelling with a view to spending a year in Italy teaching. With the cost of insurance and petrol and the fact she doesn't need a car whilst in central Newcastle, with nowhere to park, and will then be abroad she decided there was no point having the car. As I said to our lass I am not driving around in a DS3 for the next 2 years whilst my daughter decided what to do. I have therefore, traded it in and got myself a BMW 420d M Sport Gran Coupe in black, and very nice it is as well.
    Had a great weeks skiing in Andorra but found it really took it out of my body and as a result we all decided that next year we will head off somewhere warm for our usual lads week away in February / March.
    Weather has been tremendous this week and with the wife currently in South Carolina with her friend I have spent a few early evenings outside The Grove with Willow after our walk. I do love the summer!
    In terms of poker I haven't really been playing much over the last few months and my intention is to start playing 10nl on SkyPoker with a starting bankroll of £250 and see where we can get to. I will plan to move up at 25BB's and then move back down at 20BB's. Have to be a bit more sensible with the readies now I have taken a pay cut. Really don't have the patience for MTT's anymore and with summer on the way I would rather just sit down for an hour or so than grind away for hours to get unlucky and make a fiver profit.

Bankroll £250.
    edited April 2022
    @68Trebor

Cracking update as always, glad the job is going well, & that Willow is fully recovered.

Presumably, in your new line of work, Easter weekend is pretty much the busiest of the whole year? How was it - up to expectations?

Your latest new car sounds a beaut. It got me thinking. I've had my current car 10 years I believe - how many cars have you had in that timeframe?

Tikay10 said:

@68Trebor

Cracking update as always, glad the job is going well, & that Willow is fully recovered.

Presumably, in your new line of work, Easter weekend is pretty much the busiest of the whole year? How was it - up to expectations?

Your latest new car sounds a beaut. It got me thinking. I've had my current car 10 years I believe - how many cars have you had in that timeframe?

1 or 2 shall we say.
    According to wife far too many.
    Don’t smoke or do drugs, work hard!
    That’s how I justify my penchant for cars.
    edited April 2022
    Quick update having played a couple of 1.5 hour sessions over the last 2 nights. Was successful both nights posting a £8.83 and £3.35 profit. Have seen nothing to suggest that I can't beat 10nl on SkyPoker and bumped into a couple of maniacs to boot.
    Probably won't be playing tomorrow night as day off Thursday and intend on taking Willow for a few pints of Moonshine in The Grove following our post work walk.
    Work was as expected busy over the Bank Holiday weekend and we are now in Garden Centre 'peak' although I have to say it doesn't really compare to peak at Asda. Got a mention on the General Manager conference call from the new Ops Director following his Saturday visit which was complimentary and nice to hear.
    Wife has arrived in Ashville having spent time in Charleston and Myrtle Beach and keeps posting signs of bear warnings.

Started watching 'Gods of Snooker' on BBC IPlayer and for anyone who remembers the halcyon days of snooker it is well worth a watch. Some of the events in that era and the influence of a certain Barry Hearn make it a great watch. Has some tremendous footage of Higgins, White, Davis, Reardon, Thorburn, Knowles etc, etc. Watched it with my son and he couldn't believe what he was seeing with regards Knowles appearing in the red tops surrounded by topless women. How the world has changed! @Tikay10 think it would be right up your street if you haven't seen it.

Bankroll £262

@68Trebor

Yes, I've seen it, was a tremendous watch & stirred some great memories of the golden age of snooker.

Was quite surprised to see Jimmy White being so frank about his cocaine habit & alcohol over-indulgence. I mean, it was no secret, but a big surprise to hear him being so open about it.

Played two sessions since last update, one hour Thursday and an hour tonight. Both been very successful with a £21 profit Thursday and a £33 profit tonight. Have to say the difference in standard between 10nl and 20nl on here is noticeable and there are certainly a lot more recs and a lot less regs at 10nl. Long may this run good continue, 4 winning sessions on the run. I do think with me playing less often and for shorter sessions it is certainly helping my concentration and my enjoyment for the game.
    A big weekend at the bottom of the Premier League and starting to think that Everton maybe going down. Don't think many saw the turnaround in Burnley's results and their style of play when Dyche went and with them still to play a very average Villa twice I think they may well do it. Leeds must also be looking over their shoulder with the tough run in they have.
    Watched the Tyson Fury fight last night and thought it was a bit of a non-event with Whyte never really getting going and seeming remarkably average. Best fight of the night was the Isaac Lowe v Nick Ball bout with neither giving an inch and Lowe showing tremendous heart throughout with a severe cut. Think Ball maybe one to watch in the future as he looked very competent and a good all round boxer.
    Also watched The Thief, His Wife and The Canoe on IPlayer. This is based on a true story and the only way to describe it is - HOW!!!!!!!!
    Our lass is still away and is currently in / near Savannah. I will be picking her up Wednesday morning from Manchester and that will also be the end of mine and Willow's little break.

Bankroll £318.

Yes, I paid £25 to watch the Tyson Fury fight & felt robbed, thought it was completely underwhelming. I had been watching the snooker, turned over & watched the fight, & then switched back to the snooker where they were still on the same frame. (Took 85 minutes apparently).

I've got The Thief, His Wife & The Canoe taped & plan to start watching it tonight. I followed the real-life story as it happened, love stories like that.

Everton? I thought they performed very well against Liverpool, & if Lampard can get them to play like that for the rest of the season they might just be OK. Got to say, if that Anthony Gordon can stop diving, he could turn out to be a tremendous player. If Everton do go down, he'll be a target for plenty of PL clubs.

So have just spent the weekend at my niece's wedding in Shirley, Solihull and had been really looking forward to a good drink, a family get together and everybody happy in the occasion. It was such a shame that after driving down Friday evening I started to feel a bit dodgy and by Saturday morning I was not feeling the best at all, shivering one minute, high temp the next and never wanting to venture more than a 10 second dash from the nearest toilet. I managed to see out the service with no accidents and then battled through the reception until 8pm before the call of my bed became too strong. Left the debit card with our lass and my 2 kids and they evidently had a good time, along with half of our family. I have only really started to feel more like myself tonight and have to say I am gutted to have missed out in terms of really enjoying myself and missing a nice hotel cooked breakfast on two mornings. The lucky thing is we will all be doing it again in August for another niece's wedding.
    Relegation is hopefully now not in the equation for Villa but I still have a lingering doubt that 40 points will not see you safe this season. My money is now on Leeds dropping back down and with that hopefully a Villa move for a certain Mr Phillips.
    Poker. I have played 3 sessions since my last update, but tonight will be the first since 28th April. I had 1 winning and 2 losing sessions in the 3 with a loss of £14 and also was lucky enough to get £40 from SKY as part of the Vegas promo. What I have learnt in those 3 sessions is that if I am ever going to get anywhere in this cash game malarky, I have to start being able to lay down an overpair when up against good regs. Too many times I am getting punished with my overpair losing to sets against certain players.

Bankroll £343

Played 4 sessions since last update and by far the most successful, although 3 winning sessions out of 4 is all good news, was last night when I banked a £49 profit. Played really well I thought and also had a bit of run good, but do think my cash game play is on an upward trajectory and can honestly say there is no-one at 10nl that I really fear. Yes there are some regs I am wary of, but fearful of? No!
    The next goal is to get to the magic £500 and then try my luck at 20nl. Also been playing the Eliminator Freerolls and reckon if I can get 5+ Bounties tonight I might net a weekly prize. Did get £2 from it last night. Also used my Poker Points token to enter a Main All In Sat the other night and managed to win a seat and then take a bounty for another £11 towards the Bankroll.
    After today's result Leeds are staring at The Championship despite Villa doing them and Everton a favour with our 3-1 defeat of Burnley. Good to see Buendia get a start and I don't think it's any coincidence that we played the best we have for a while upon his return to the starting line. Have the feeling Gerrard still doesn't know his best 11 and we may see a bit of tinkering towards the end of the season as he tries to fathom it out. In my eyes the only definite starters at the moment are Martinez, Cash, Digne and Ramsey. I honestly think every other position is up for grabs in Gerrard's mind and expect a fair bit of business to be done this summer.
    Our lad was in Milan for a couple of nights with work and was lucky enough to be treated to a night at the San Siro on Friday to watch Inter beat Empoli. He has been to a fair few grounds and games in his lifetime, including the Old Traffords, Anfields, Wembley etc, etc. So for him to state that the San Siro was the most impressive ground he has been to and that the home fans, Ultras, were the best he has seen or heard, is saying something. Hoping that Villa are back in Europe sometime soon so we can get to a few foreign grounds over the coming years. Its been a while!
    Just finished watching the first two series of Top Boy and although a bit cliched still an enjoyable watch. Now catching up with the new episodes of Ozark.
    Busy couple of days at work as the sun has come out and although everyone keeps telling me this is peak it still is nowt to compare to Christmas at Asda. Now in week 11 and should hopefully get fully signed off this week or next. Still loving every minute and absolutely no regrets.

Bankroll £413.

Had a decent week on the old 10nl cash tables posting a £46 over the last 5 sessions played. Getting close to the £500 mark and the opportunity to step up a level. Tonight it is a night of MTT's for a change, as I am off this weekend and don't mind a late night tonight. Going to play The Main, Mini, Eliminator Freeroll and Mega Stack, whilst watching @waller02 stream and keeping an eye on the Town v Town play-off.
    Was quite happy how Villa played against Liverpool and have to say that I would love us to tie Douglas Luiz down to a new contract and give him a run in that proper No8 role rather than keep playing him as the deepest midfielder. Little Phil has signed his contract and if reports that he has took a 70% pay cut as well as a £18m fee are true, he must go down as one of the signings of all time. Excited for the summer to see who else we bring in, hoping Phillips if Leeds do go down as I expect. Watched Spurs outplay Arsenal last night and it really showed yet again how poor Arsenal are when it comes to the big games and the pressure is on. Think it is Spurs now for 4th when you look at the two run ins.
    Got signed off after my 12 week review at work and I am now a fully fledged General Manager at Dobbies. Still lots to do but definitely seeing improvements and this is reflected in the feedback I am getting from my boss and more importantly from customers.
    Willow has been slightly under the weather this week with some sort of infection in her back paws making her limp. She visited vet on Monday and after some ongoing treatment she is definitely on the mend and today had her first decent walk this week with no repercussions.
    Weekend of dog walking, drinking, eating and general relaxing ahead. Out tomorrow night with my mate for a few, quite a lot to be honest, pints and then out for a late lunch on Sunday with our lass and son.

Bankroll £459.

Nice update as always.

Phillips to Villa? Seems optimistic, but for your sake, I hope so - I think he's vastly underrated.

No regrets at moving to Dobbies it seems?

GL in those Tourneys tonight.
    Tikay10 said:

Nice update as always.

Phillips to Villa? Seems optimistic, but for your sake, I hope so - I think he's vastly underrated.

No regrets at moving to Dobbies it seems?

GL in those Tourneys tonight.

When Leeds go down then Phillips is on his way.
    We've been long time admirers and look like we are on the up.
    Gerrard and Coutinho influence may be a factor.
    Where else is he going? Liverpool, Man City don't need him. Utd, doubt it with his Leeds influences. Arsenal or Spurs can't see it. Newcastle maybe. West Ham, not if they keep Rice.

If you know you know!!!!!

Few photos from this morning’s walk.
    Gotta love mornings like this.
    It appeared to be Quiet Time in The Nursery.

Have Villa just made the signing of the summer already. Boubacar Kamara is just the player we have been crying out for. He is a 22 year old proper CDM who links the back 4 to the midfield brilliantly. Hearing that Suarez is also a done deal and then we are just a couple of decent Centre Backs away from a team ready to challenge the Top 6 next season. Add in Kalvin Phillips, still hearing this may happen, and we have strength in depth everywhere. The Gerrard influence cannot be underestimated, without him we would definitely not of got Couthino and probably not Kamara.
    Glad to see Leeds survived as they are a proper Premier League club and just need Forest to get up now. Also good to see Sunderland back in The Championship, with that fan base they probably belong in The Premier. The Championship has now been renamed as the Lancashire League with the demise of Burnley and there will be a derby every week in that region.
    Work has been steady the last couple of weeks, but nothing like Asda at peak. Still thoroughly enjoying the new role and having a well deserved break for the rest of this week, with my sister coming up at the weekend for her first visit and stay since her accident a couple of years ago. Really looking forward to hosting her and her husband and going to try and give them a really enjoyable few days, god they deserve it.
    Not played any poker for the past week or so as just not been feeling it, but we will go again this evening.

Bankroll £459.
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    68Trebor said:

Have Villa just made the signing of the summer already. Boubacar Kamara is just the player we have been crying out for. He is a 22 year old proper CDM who links the back 4 to the midfield brilliantly. Hearing that Suarez is also a done deal and then we are just a couple of decent Centre Backs away from a team ready to challenge the Top 6 next season. Add in Kalvin Phillips, still hearing this may happen, and we have strength in depth everywhere. The Gerrard influence cannot be underestimated, without him we would definitely not of got Couthino and probably not Kamara.
    Glad to see Leeds survived as they are a proper Premier League club and just need Forest to get up now. Also good to see Sunderland back in The Championship, with that fan base they probably belong in The Premier. The Championship has now been renamed as the Lancashire League with the demise of Burnley and there will be a derby every week in that region.
    Work has been steady the last couple of weeks, but nothing like Asda at peak. Still thoroughly enjoying the new role and having a well deserved break for the rest of this week, with my sister coming up at the weekend for her first visit and stay since her accident a couple of years ago. Really looking forward to hosting her and her husband and going to try and give them a really enjoyable few days, god they deserve it.
    Not played any poker for the past week or so as just not been feeling it, but we will go again this evening.

Bankroll £459.

Think signing Kamara is quite a coup for Villa, especially given some of the big clubs that were linked with him. Looks like he could become a top player. Do you really need Phillips as well, given that they are both defensive-minded midfielders? Is Douglas Luiz likely to leave? Think Phillips to Villa is less likely now that Leeds have stayed up - surely a move to a top six club is more likely for him if he does leave.
    Not sure about Suarez, surely he's past it now?

Good write-up as always, great to hear that you're enjoying your new role.
    Asho28 said:

68Trebor said:

Bankroll £459.

Think signing Kamara is quite a coup for Villa, especially given some of the big clubs that were linked with him. Looks like he could become a top player. Do you really need Phillips as well, given that they are both defensive-minded midfielders? Is Douglas Luiz likely to leave? Think Phillips to Villa is less likely now that Leeds have stayed up - surely a move to a top six club is more likely for him if he does leave.
    Not sure about Suarez, surely he's past it now?

Good write-up as always, great to hear that you're enjoying your new role.
    We will sign another CDM in my view, whether it’s Phillips I am not sure, but I do know we have been linked with him previously and Gerrard is a big fan. Possibility Luiz might leave for Roma, but again Gerrard is a big fan and he will now be free to play further forward where he is a better player and that might just persuade him to stay. Suarez will do a job for us and if there is one thing we have lacked for a long time it’s that dirty, niggly, win at all costs type of player that Suarez is. Also think he would be good for younger players to learn off and if he gets us 10+ goals in the season I’d have him. Looking like Tarkowski is also inbound and again gives us more cover and that win at all costs attitude. Going to be an exciting summer at Bodymoor Heath and then Gerrard will have to perform next season.