You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SERIOUSLY!!!

Comments

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY!!!:
    In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY!!! : The thing is, this happens in poker, i've had worse on other sites.. BUT on this site it's just common practice it happens too often. I can handle bad beats, I just can't handle the % on here. the problem is there are loads of blinkin awful players on here. and unfortunately they seem to get away with it time and time again
    Posted by hoyski
    why dont you delete your account if you think the software is rigged?

theres a very well known live poker club in London which REALLY is like colluding central.  thats why i dont go there.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    All this bad play blah blah blah, it didnt matter how she played it on this hand she was always going down, even 4 times raise pre flop the villain woulda called, it was a bad beat and no amount of waffle disguised as advice would change the outcome on this hand. 
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    All this bad play blah blah blah, it didnt matter how she played it on this hand she was always going down, even 4 times raise pre flop the villain woulda called, it was a bad beat and no amount of waffle disguised as advice would change the outcome on this hand. 
    Posted by loonytoons
    yeah thats all that matter mate
  • Options
    EENEEN Member Posts: 135
    edited January 2010
    You're all forgetting one important fact.

None of us know how the two of them were playing previous to this, or what history they had prior to this hand.

If fallen had been shoving/bluffing for a long time then of course villain will think its a good place to call.

Depending on stacks/blinds/payout structure of tourney, id probably call if i felt i was getting the odds.

On a sidenote, the abuse blackfish has received on this thread is appalling, he was trying to help and got absolutely flamed for it, you should be ashamed of yourselves, i doubt you would act like this at the poker table, and if you do, i hope im never at the same one.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    You're all forgetting one important fact. None of us know how the two of them were playing previous to this, or what history they had prior to this hand. If fallen had been shoving/bluffing for a long time then of course villain will think its a good place to call. Depending on stacks/blinds/payout structure of tourney, id probably call if i felt i was getting the odds. On a sidenote, the abuse blackfish has received on this thread is appalling, he was trying to help and got absolutely flamed for it, you should be ashamed of yourselves, i doubt you would act like this at the poker table, and if you do, i hope im never at the same one.
    Posted by EEN
    Was he??? 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY!!! : Was he??? 
    Posted by loonytoons
    Admittedly his first post wasnt great, but he redeemed himself and offered some advice which was thrown back in his face. If you dont want help or other peoples views on the hand, why post it?

At the end of the day theres no need for arguements especially over a forum, but what i will say is posts made all in capitals on a forum symbolise shouting which is kinda rude.. and on a practical side, some people including myself, find it difficult to read things all in capitals, it strains the eyes.
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY!!! : Admittedly his first post wasnt great, but he redeemed himself and offered some advice which was thrown back in his face. If you dont want help or other peoples views on the hand, why post it? At the end of the day theres no need for arguements especially over a forum, but what i will say is posts made all in capitals on a forum symbolise shouting which is kinda rude.. and on a practical side, some people including myself, find it difficult to read things all in capitals, it strains the eyes.
    Posted by EEN
    Well said mate, the caps lock button it there for a reason ;-)
  • Options
    ybyb Member Posts: 1,471
    edited January 2010

Surely rather than moaning about your bad luck you should focus on getting better at poker? First you limp into the pot with A-K. Then having flopped the nut flush you decide to move all in when your playing about 80bb's deep? Haven't you heard of trying to get value? Maybe your opponent thought that no-one would play so bad as to shove the flush and put you on a draw. It's still a poor call, but your play is even worse than his imo.

• Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited January 2010
    Its like a big food fight without any food or fighting.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Let's hope that they're on opposite sides in TKO II ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Let's hope that they're on opposite sides in TKO II ;-)
    Posted by KnackersYa
    YES!!! That would make things interesting, although the chat box would be a verbal minefield!
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    Sorry xFALLENx, but BlackFish3 + Scotty77 have it right.

You butchered that hand so hard. You're very rarely getting called and so losing SO much value alot of the time.

You've also added insult to injury by making yourself look immature and foolish by constantly bickering and being unwelcoming of constructive advice from better players.

PS. For the love of God, turn off the capslock.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Surely rather than moaning about your bad luck you should focus on getting better at poker? First you limp into the pot with A-K. Then having flopped the nut flush you decide to move all in when your playing about 80bb's deep? Haven't you heard of trying to get value? Maybe your opponent thought that no-one would play so bad as to shove the flush and put you on a draw. It's still a poor call, but your play is even worse than his imo.
    Posted by yb
    I've been grinding through the micro limits and my rule #1 which applies there and not to higher limits (without hand histories) is respect villains' raises/value-shoves unquestionably.

xFALLENx is an example of why :D
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2010
    Hi Fallen

Ok Seriously, i'm not having a go in this thead, we have had arguements before and im not trying to cause one here, please take this the right way.

Blackfish/Scotty/Deadluck and all the others are right about you didn't play it the best you could. When you get a big hand like AK suited you should be raising pre so you can eliminate players and can then put them on a range of hands easier.

The shove on the turn like has been said is very rarely getting called, you were lucky that you got the call but in the long run you should just be building the pot and not commiting yourself to the hand so if the turn and river make 2 pairs and trips on the board then you can fold to the FH by the river.

Rather than posting bad beats on the general poker chat section, post them in poker strategy saying "Could I have played this better" Obvoiusly things like AA all in preflop there is no point, but please stop with all the bad beats, we all get them. Just look at the Sky Poker Tour live update thread at some of the bad beats there, is live poker fixed as well?
  • Options
    torryboytorryboy Member Posts: 459
    edited January 2010
    Hi Fallen Ok Seriously, i'm not having a go in this thead, we have had arguements before and im not trying to cause one here, please take this the right way. Blackfish/Scotty/Deadluck and all the others are right about you didn't play it the best you could. When you get a big hand like AK suited you should be raising pre so you can eliminate players and can then put them on a range of hands easier. The shove on the turn like has been said is very rarely getting called, you were lucky that you got the call but in the long run you should just be building the pot and not commiting yourself to the hand so if the turn and river make 2 pairs and trips on the board then you can fold to the FH by the river. Rather than posting bad beats on the general poker chat section, post them in poker strategy saying "Could I have played this better" Obvoiusly things like AA all in preflop there is no point, but please stop with all the bad beats, we all get them. Just look at the Sky Poker Tour live update thread at some of the bad beats there, is live poker fixed as well?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    This is the proper manner to reply to anyone who starts a thread like this wd flash, if it was done in this manner in the first place then conflict would have been avoided.

I aint arguing the pro's and cons of the hand just in the manner the original replies were handled, it just wasnt nice
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    sometimes tough love is needed...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thick skin should be a requirement for online forums :D
  • Options
    JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited January 2010
    Posted by yb
    I agree with this post and the blackfish3 hate the  2990 shove into a tiny pot of 240 that is losing a ton of value in the long term and thats what poker is about long term not short term.Raise pre and build the pot on the flop and later streets.
  • Options
    torryboytorryboy Member Posts: 459
    edited January 2010
    sometimes tough love is needed...
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Guess this forum aint for me, nice to be nice my motto.

ta ta
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think we're missing the whole point of this thread.

I assume that XFALLENX didn't post the hand for analysis. It doesn't matter how the hand was played.
    She was simply saying "Look how bad I'm running at the moment!!!!"

That's how it looks to me, the whys and wherefores of this actual hand are irrelevant, really.