You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SERIOUSLY!!!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY!!!:
    I think we're missing the whole point of this thread. I assume that XFALLENX didn't post the hand for analysis. It doesn't matter how the hand was played. She was simply saying "Look how bad I'm running at the moment!!!!" That's how it looks to me, the whys and wherefores of this actual hand are irrelevant, really.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    But what caused all the aggro, is she posts hands like this all the time. Some people have just got bored of them i guess
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY!!! : But what caused all the aggro, is she posts hands like this all the time. Some people have just got bored of them i guess
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I know mate, I personally don't see the point as the only thing that happens is a massive slanging match.

My opinion on beats... It happens, forget it, on to the next hand.
  • Options
    torryboytorryboy Member Posts: 459
    edited January 2010
    Thing is the forum is littered with similar posts so this thread didnt seem unusual to me.

Sometimes I feel like sharing my bad luck which may turn out to be bad play when anilized by better players and I would hope it was communicated back to me in a manner such as flashflush did.

It has put me off which is a shame to me and other new players.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thing is the forum is littered with similar posts so this thread didnt seem unusual to me. Sometimes I feel like sharing my bad luck which may turn out to be bad play when anilized by better players and I would hope it was communicated back to me in a manner such as flashflush did. It has put me off which is a shame to me and other new players.
    Posted by torryboy
    If you ever think you could of played a hand differently/better or what ever, and its bugging you, post the hand in the poker strategy. Some of the best players on the site are giving help out to the less experienced. Although some will sound very abrupt with what they say, thats just how they come across try and ignore that as they are giving great advice.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    Thing is the forum is littered with similar posts so this thread didnt seem unusual to me. Sometimes I feel like sharing my bad luck which may turn out to be bad play when anilized by better players and I would hope it was communicated back to me in a manner such as flashflush did. It has put me off which is a shame to me and other new players.
    Posted by torryboy
    I defo agree some comments are a wee bit too harsh.I f people dont want to read these threads then it is simples.DONT read them.The forum is here for all no matter what the thread is about.dav
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Posted by torryboy
    Absoloutely. No matter what your opinion of bad beat posts, there is no need for rudeness.

If you think you can constructively analyse someone's play, great! If you're only going to call someone an idiot, best look in the mirror first!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If we look at bad beats a different way, the world would be a better place. Instead of thinking how bad the outdraw is we need to think, now how could we of played that differently, could a betsize of been better to stop them being in, or if the hand was played down the streets more could we get away from the hand by the river if needs be.

Some siutations are just wrong and people will call all ins with junk, then nothing you can do. Alot of bad beats are brought on by the player though, either their image or their bet sizing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If we look at bad beats a different way, the world would be a better place. Instead of thinking how bad the outdraw is we need to think, now how could we of played that differently, could a betsize of been better to stop them being in, or if the hand was played down the streets more could we get away from the hand by the river if needs be. Some siutations are just wrong and people will call all ins with junk, then nothing you can do. Alot of bad beats are brought on by the player though, either their image or their bet sizing.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    +1
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    your hitting the nail on the head flashflush... you have to wonder why some people seem to be getting more bad beats than others... and then you analyse their play and see the leaks. Just so hard to get people to listen to criticism though.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    If we look at bad beats a different way, the world would be a better place. Instead of thinking how bad the outdraw is we need to think, now how could we of played that differently, could a betsize of been better to stop them being in, or if the hand was played down the streets more could we get away from the hand by the river if needs be. Some siutations are just wrong and people will call all ins with junk, then nothing you can do. Alot of bad beats are brought on by the player though, either their image or their bet sizing.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Now hear is a post that DOES make alot of sense.All should take note of this post.dav
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SERIOUSLY!!! : If you ever think you could of played a hand differently/better or what ever, and its bugging you, post the hand in the poker strategy. Some of the best players on the site are giving help out to the less experienced. Although some will sound very abrupt with what they say, thats just how they come across try and ignore that as they are giving great advice.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Dohhhhhhh abrupt? Never!!!!!! LOL
    He gives great advice though.