You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lockdown diary/hand discussion

Comments

• Options
    The_HuxThe_Hux Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Inspiration needed....:
     i just feel like i need to block out the value of the tournament in my mind and try and play each and every one like its a roller (easier said than done)..  
    Posted by jordz16
    Having seen your stats I now realise there is probably not much I could advise without it seeming like i'm teaching my Grandma how to suck eggs. 
    However, on the above point I had the very same issue and still do to some extent. what I do is... Tile the tables I am playing at and reorganise them in order, putting the tournament that has been running the longest at the top right of screen.The next longest running next to it,,and so on, so I prioritise them based on how near to the end of tournament they are as opposed to their buy in. I Know top right is generally nearer to cashing than others. Although obviously we need to apply equal effort to them all as much as poss. I hope this makes sense to you and maybe even helps a little. who knows? Either way, keep it going 
    mate, they are some very impressive long term stats you have there.
  • Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Inspiration needed....:
    In Response to Inspiration needed.... : Having seen your stats I now realise there is probably not much I could advise without it seeming like i'm teaching my Grandma how to suck eggs.  However, on the above point I had the very same issue and still do to some extent. what I do is... Tile the tables I am playing at and reorganise them in order, putting the tournament that has been running the longest at the top right of screen.The next longest running next to it,,and so on, so I prioritise them based on how near to the end of tournament they are as opposed to their buy in. I Know top right is generally nearer to cashing than others. Although obviously we need to apply equal effort to them all as much as poss. I hope this makes sense to you and maybe even helps a little. who knows? Either way, keep it going  mate, they are some very impressive long term stats you have there.
    Posted by The_Hux

Only just seen this, thanks for the advice mate 
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Been over a week since i updated but i have had good reason for that, i have hardly played much. I noticed i had 5k points and had the option of grinding big time for priority, or taking a few days off, i eventually decided with the latter.. 

I did still decide to play the main and mini each night but that was only for fun and i gave myself the rest of the day to either work out, see friends and family or generally just chill out, very much glad that i picked that option as i feel far more re-energised and in a more positive frame of mind.

As for the poker when i have played generally it hasnt gone too well, I learnt the basics of OMAHA (so i thought) and donked around £100 on the cash tables over 4-5 hours,... the Hypers have gone pretty well managed a 65% win rate over my last 100. Tournies have just been a lot of near misses, on monday night i was in the top 4 in the main and mini with 25 left in each... in the main i ran my KK into a7 on a 237 board and lost to an ace on the river for a massive pot, then lost my qq v 55 aipf 2 hands later, so luck wasnt really on my side that day, i bubbled the mini anyway when i ran my 99 into kk 3handed so i wouldnt have been on for any jackpot money anyway....

As for the rest of the week im going to try and get a bit more volume in but i certainly wont be pushing myself too hard, il wait for either a UKOPS or a promotion that will benefit me before i go back to playing 12 hours a day again.

Starting Roll  £3500

Current Roll  £4475  (£500 Withdrawn)

Target           £10000
  • Options
    macapacamacapaca Member Posts: 658
    edited September 2014
    Alright mte, just posting as I have shared a couple of tables with you recently and must say, you have a extremely good game, realy impressed.
    Can defo see you being 1 of the top players on site as tommy, matt and divs in the nx 12 months.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,575
    edited September 2014
    In Response to 10k by 31/12/2014?:
    Starting Roll  £3500
     Current Roll  £4475  (£500 Withdrawn) 
    Target           £10000
    Posted by jordz16

Hi Jordzy,

Enjoying the read. Could I ask for clarification  tho (as I'm a bit thick!) When you say £4475 & £500 withdrawn,   do you mean your ACTUAL roll (in relation to your target) is £4975?  or is it now ACTUALLY £3975 after you've withdrawn £500 but in reality (re target) £4475?  

P,s,  even more confused now lolz! 

• Options
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: 10k by 31/12/2014?:
    In Response to 10k by 31/12/2014? : Hi Jordzy, Enjoying the read. Could I ask for clarification  tho (as I'm a bit thick!) When you say £4475 & £500 withdrawn,   do you mean your ACTUAL roll (in relation to your target) is £4975?  or is it now ACTUALLY £3975 after you've withdrawn £500 but in reality (re target) £4475?   P,s,  even more confused now lolz! 
    Posted by Glenelg
    you got it right first time, I have £4475 currently in my account, and i would have had £4975 had i not withdrawn the money... all money i withdraw will still count towards my target so currently im £5025 away from getting there

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Alright mte, just posting as I have shared a couple of tables with you recently and must say, you have a extremely good game, realy impressed. Can defo see you being 1 of the top players on site as tommy, matt and divs in the nx 12 months.
    Posted by macapaca

thank you very much maca i very much hope you are correct as i admire all 3 of them players greatly, 

gl on your challenge also!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Whoops been nearly 2 weeks since i last updated it so best try and remember whats been going on...

After I last updated i took a few days off and did all the normal people stuff, i only really started playing again when the Cash Kings promotion was announced, I decided to 8 table 4nl just for experience more than anything, i knew i had no chance of winning i just wanted to test my multi-tabling ability for cheap, and to my surprise it went well. I made over £150 at 4nl over 3 days which i was very happy with, although i did learn that if i tried to play any more than 8 then i became a 4nl fish!.. once i realised i could easily manage 4nl i moved up to 5p/10p and did the same for a couple of days, I think i pretty much broke even and I eventually realised i wasnt enjoying it as i was playing somewhat robotic and that took all the fun out of it for me, but still it was the first time I was comfortable playing more than 6 tables so thats a bonus......

After that i decided to move back up to £20 hypers as i had a great run at the £10's, unfortunately i had a monster run of variance and dropped about £300 in a about 8 hours... that was a nasty dent in my bankroll, so i decided to go back to what i do best in which has always been MTT's

I played a lot of main and minis last week but mustered no more than the odd min cash, I had been playing well, but not great so I am probably as much to blame as variance, I decided for a big grind on sunday and that was a bit of a nightmare! I seemed to but about 5/10 off the money in every tournament i played which i find even more frustrating than busting early on, no real bad beat stories just a lot of standard hands playing out and flips not holding... the last tournament i regged for was the £55 speed, which generally isnt in my bankroll rule but i normally choose to play it as i have a decent record in it...  i won my share of flips and took it down for about £600 which got me out of a big hole for the last week...

as for this week my plan is to put in a load more volume in MTT's and hopefully score a big bink as thats what il need if i am going to reach my goal. 

Starting Roll  £3500

Current Roll  £4065  (£700 Withdrawn)

Target           £10000

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Havent updated this in ages! mainly for 2 reasons, firstly because after my last post i barely played for a couple of weeks due to a family scare and a lack of motivation. and secondly when i came back i was actually getting some good results and i got supersticious that if i updated it on here i would i would then hit a downswing as that had been the familiar pattern so far..

But tonight seems an appropriate time to do it as i probably had my most succesful day ever, i spent the day out watching the footy on the beer and was debating whether it was worth playing or not, but after a shower and a big dinner i felt in the right frame of mind to play, but i gave myself a very limited schedule which was

£22  7pm BH
    a few frenzies for the main (which i binked at the final attempt)
    £11 mini roller
    £55 10:30 BH 

the 7pm BH went pretty well, built up a decent stack and managed to abuse the bubble well and was chip leader for a long time, after the bubble burst there was the usual 15min shove fest which i came off worst in losing my kk v 77 aip and then running qq into aces, i finally lost a flip with kq called by 1010 and i couldnt improve. but ended up with £97 including head prizes

the 8.30 mini didnt last too long for me, i know i ground my stack up to double starting pretty early but then bust after an hour, i cant remember the hand now but i remember it was all in pre and i was crushing and it tilted me for a good 20mins as i had a really good table on there..

Onto the £55 BH, this is usually full of great players and you rarely get a soft table, but luckily this was the rare occasion and i didnt recongnise one name at the table and the play was far from optimal, including one guy who played EVERY single hand from the start til when he bust... anyway i managed to build up my 4k stack into 18k by winning loads of small low risk pots in the first hour, when we hit the bubble i was pretty card dead but managed to make the cash and the final table with about average chips... then i had the best run of cards i remember, the final table lasted less  than 3 orbits, and in that time i picked up aces 3 times and QQ twice! and each time i got it all in and they all held up so i managed to take that down for £770 through pure run good.

And....

I finally managed to bink the main event too after a really tough final table!

I have no idea of my exact bankroll in terms of my target as i have withdrawn a lot and spent a bit on skybet but my current roll is way over my target so im pretty sure i hit my target a month early.

Roll on 2015

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,486
    edited November 2014
    Wp Jordz
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2014

Nice pokering Jordz. WP!
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,556
    edited November 2014

Cracking night for ya, well done.
  • Options
    liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited November 2014
    wp bud
  • Options
    samantha25samantha25 Member Posts: 1,445
    edited November 2014
    Havent updated this in ages! mainly for 2 reasons, firstly because after my last post i barely played for a couple of weeks due to a family scare and a lack of motivation. and secondly when i came back i was actually getting some good results and i got supersticious that if i updated it on here i would i would then hit a downswing as that had been the familiar pattern so far.. But tonight seems an appropriate time to do it as i probably had my most succesful day ever, i spent the day out watching the footy on the beer and was debating whether it was worth playing or not, but after a shower and a big dinner i felt in the right frame of mind to play, but i gave myself a very limited schedule which was £22  7pm BH a few frenzies for the main (which i binked at the final attempt) £11 mini roller £55 10:30 BH  the 7pm BH went pretty well, built up a decent stack and managed to abuse the bubble well and was chip leader for a long time, after the bubble burst there was the usual 15min shove fest which i came off worst in losing my kk v 77 aip and then running qq into aces, i finally lost a flip with kq called by 1010 and i couldnt improve. but ended up with £97 including head prizes the 8.30 mini didnt last too long for me, i know i ground my stack up to double starting pretty early but then bust after an hour, i cant remember the hand now but i remember it was all in pre and i was crushing and it tilted me for a good 20mins as i had a really good table on there.. Onto the £55 BH, this is usually full of great players and you rarely get a soft table, but luckily this was the rare occasion and i didnt recongnise one name at the table and the play was far from optimal, including one guy who played EVERY single hand from the start til when he bust... anyway i managed to build up my 4k stack into 18k by winning loads of small low risk pots in the first hour, when we hit the bubble i was pretty card dead but managed to make the cash and the final table with about average chips... then i had the best run of cards i remember, the final table lasted less  than 3 orbits, and in that time i picked up aces 3 times and QQ twice! and each time i got it all in and they all held up so i managed to take that down for £770 through pure run good. And.... I finally managed to bink the main event too after a really tough final table! I have no idea of my exact bankroll in terms of my target as i have withdrawn a lot and spent a bit on skybet but my current roll is way over my target so im pretty sure i hit my target a month early. Roll on 2015
    Posted by jordz16

GoGoGo Mister hair :) Ace result!

• Options
    rainman397rainman397 Member Posts: 1,394
    edited November 2014
    Good afternoon Jordz16.
    Excellent result, you are destined to become a top player.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
    p.s if you can spare the time a player of your class and calibre would be most welcome to play in the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited November 2014
    Guess you have had worse Sundays! Top work sir, really pleased for you.
  • Options
    MATT8MATT8 Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2014

Yeah well played mate - fairly early on I had clocked you for perhaps the toughest player on the table and you ran over everyone with your aggression as soon as you got a stack (and some nice spots). I think you were a worthy winner. Hopefully see you at a final table again sometime.

P.S. Havn't read your blog before but having a quick skim through I see you say MTT's are your preferred type of game - and mine too. What MTT's do you mostly play on the site? Personally I find it a bit frustrating because Sky is by a mile my favourite site to play on but from their current schedule its only really the Sunday Roller and the Wednesday night Rebuy that I enjoy - (the 2,000 chip Bounty Hunters which seem to run every other night just quickly become shove fests). Are there any well structured tournaments that I'm missing that you would recommend?

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited November 2014
    Pleased to see my chips went to good use! I'll be having nightmares about that A on the river ;)

Enjoy the money :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Good afternoon Jordz16. Excellent result, you are destined to become a top player. All the best. Rainman397 p.s if you can spare the time a player of your class and calibre would be most welcome to play in the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
    Posted by rainman397
    cheers rainman
    I will do my best to play it one day this week.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah well played mate - fairly early on I had clocked you for perhaps the toughest player on the table and you ran over everyone with your aggression as soon as you got a stack (and some nice spots). I think you were a worthy winner. Hopefully see you at a final table again sometime. P.S. Havn't read your blog before but having a quick skim through I see you say MTT's are your preferred type of game - and mine too. What MTT's do you mostly play on the site? Personally I find it a bit frustrating because Sky is by a mile my favourite site to play on but from their current schedule its only really the Sunday Roller and the Wednesday night Rebuy that I enjoy - (the 2,000 chip Bounty Hunters which seem to run every other night just quickly become shove fests). Are there any well structured tournaments that I'm missing that you would recommend?
    Posted by MATT8

cheers mate, in terms of daily tournaments, the 9pm £55  BH has the best structure imo, i dont play a massive schedule but i always play the main and mini and then try to play the 9pm 55BH and the 10:30 55 turbo BH and i try and mix in some £22 BH's which are a similar if not same structure to the £11 ones but they always have smaller fields and they generally play out better and are far lower variance. sky isnt great for deep structured events, but there is still decent value to be had in the turbos even if they dont always feel the most skillful to play