You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lockdown diary/hand discussion

Comments

• Options
    liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited December 2014
    fantastic year for you jordz vwp buddy and all best for next year
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    edited December 2014
    Nice work Jordz i've satted into the ukpc as well so possibly see you there, gl next year.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited December 2014
    Well done Jordz on a  great year all the best for 2015
  • Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited March 2015
    Whoops!! one of my targets for 2015 was to update this more often, and nearly 1/4 of the year has passed without me even writing my opening post for the year

Il try and briefly summerise my year so far..

January - Bad... not awful in terms of losses but I dont think i ever really played my A game and definitely didnt put enough volume in,  probably a -£500 month which isnt too bad when only playing MTTS (will blame this month on a long and drawn out Xmas/new years hangover)

February - Improvement, put in a bit of effort away from the table going over old books that have helped me in the past and trying to focus more on improving my game.. dont think i had any big scores but i was definitely playing more consistantly and had roughly a +1000 month and also made priority

March - Very well.. managed to bink my First main event and also felt like i was consistantly playing at a higher standard, with less "robotic sessions".. ive put in slightly less volume in terms of cash/Sng's and just stuck to MTTs. still a week to go but so far it has been a +4000 month

I havent got any solid goals for this year. and right now im comfortable with that being the case... as long as i make more money than i made last year then i will be very happy  (I guess that kinda is a target).

Im going to try and update this more regularly, maybe every fortnight or so... also I will try to include more information about my life away from poker as the year goes on.

• Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited March 2015
    Best of luck Jord, I am a secret stalker of you when you run deep in mtt's. Helps me with my game a lot. Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Cheers Nuggy I can only hope that the stalking pays off for you! (not often you get to say that)
  • Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Inspiration needed....:
    Cheers Nuggy I can only hope that the stalking pays off for you! (not often you get to say that)
    Posted by jordz16
    Haha too true ;) cheers 
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited March 2015
    Nice bink in the speed last night. Was hoping to get heads-up with you but made an AWFUL misclick all-in with 23!!   GL
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Cheers Glenelg, ah i missed that, but have to say that was probably good news for me as i was fortunate enough to be heads up agaisnt the weakest player at the table.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah its always more tempting to post when the going is good, but if you go back to the start of this diary the whole aim for it was to get me out of the hole i was in when things were going pretty bad for me...

its a lose lose lose situation really

if you post when you are running bad then its "just another bad beat story" which people get sick of

if you post when you are breaking even then its hard to have anything of interest to say

and if you post when you are doing well people see it as blatant brag posts...

But so far this year i am slightly worse off (in terms of profit) than i was at this time last year so i certainly aint in a position for a good ol' bragpost just yet.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited March 2015
    Nice bink last nite AGAIN!  At this rate they're gonna have to rename this tourney from the "Matt Bates Invitational" to Jordz's Invitational"!!  ;-))
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited March 2015

Yup, as Pad said, great result last night.

jordz161400001st/35£350 + £323.92 Head Prizes9
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Cheers! one can only dream of reaching MattBates status... right now I'm still a little short
  • Options
    uncle0nionuncle0nion Member Posts: 75
    edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Inspiration needed....:
    Whoops!! one of my targets for 2015 was to update this more often, and nearly 1/4 of the year has passed without me even writing my opening post for the year Il try and briefly summerise my year so far.. January - Bad... not awful in terms of losses but I dont think i ever really played my A game and definitely didnt put enough volume in,  probably a -£500 month which isnt too bad when only playing MTTS (will blame this month on a long and drawn out Xmas/new years hangover) February - Improvement, put in a bit of effort away from the table going over old books that have helped me in the past and trying to focus more on improving my game.. dont think i had any big scores but i was definitely playing more consistantly and had roughly a +1000 month and also made priority March - Very well.. managed to bink my First main event and also felt like i was consistantly playing at a higher standard, with less "robotic sessions".. ive put in slightly less volume in terms of cash/Sng's and just stuck to MTTs. still a week to go but so far it has been a +4000 month I havent got any solid goals for this year. and right now im comfortable with that being the case... as long as i make more money than i made last year then i will be very happy  (I guess that kinda is a target). Im going to try and update this more regularly, maybe every fortnight or so... also I will try to include more information about my life away from poker as the year goes on.
    Posted by jordz16
    What are the books that you return to for inspiration?

Want to do a bit of reading myself and evaluate my game.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The mental game of poker is the book i return to most often as it helps me get back in the right frame of mind to play poker.

when i first started playing poker i read a book called "how to win poker tournaments one hand at a time" i remember reading that and feeling like i finally understood tournament poker.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Pretty bad week for me since i last updated, not really poker related but had a bad case of man flu for the last week or so, and not that normal man flu you get once a year which gives you extra time to spend in bed, watch footy and play computer games but the kind of man flu where i pretty much lacked the energy to even switch the tele on....
    I managed to play 4/5 tournaments in about 5 days, which was a bad idea as my concentration was awful and my play was even worse, from what i can remember i didnt cash a penny in any of those.

Luckily enough im feeling pretty good now, i managed to play the main and mini last night and ground out a min cash in both.

The one positive to take is that after playing very little poker for the last week I am now raring to go for UKOPS

bring it on. 
  • Options
    mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    edited April 2015
    Go Jordz! Smash the UKOPSSSSS!
    :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Im going to do a UKOPS round up after each days play....

1. £11 BH   seemed to be around starting stack for the first hour before getting a few generous double ups then managed to run aces and kings into slightly smaller pairs for a top 3 spot.. it was about 3 from the cash when i had a nasty hand... Had AK and got 2 callers. flop of 10 J Q rainbow, a half pot cont bet got 2 callers, the turn was a 5 and there was 20k in the pot and I had 30k behind i bet 13k and got one caller, there was a another J on the river... I hated that bad had to shove because i could still get value from aj, jk and any full house was gonna shove on me and id be priced in to call, he had 1010 and it was GG

2. 5.50 REBUY   i was going along nicely with about a top 10 stack most of the way, then had a nightmare and for no reason the table froze (while all other tables were working fine) and i didnt realise until i had blinded away just outside the cash

3. £22 Omaha, was my first ever omaha tournament so it took me 30mins or so to get the hang of how it was going to play out, i got pretty lucky that i ran FH's into smaller FH's 3 times in the first hour for an early chip lead, then i just decided that super aggro was the way to go and managed steamroller my way (with my fair share of luck) to over half the chips in play when we got to the FT.. thats when i couldnt hit a flop, and i ended up heads up with a sligh chip lead but ran a nut flush into a straight flush and couldnt recover, but a 2nd place finish was great for my first ever Omaha tournament so i was happy enough.

4.  £3.30  Ran aces into JJ and got outdrawn so was an early GG there.

5. £110 BH surprised i made it as far as i did considering it was probably the worst i had run this year, I kept chipping to chip leader then losing huge all ins, when I was down to the final 30 I managed to lose AA into JJ aip then lost AK into AQ aip before slowly chipping up to chip leader again, down to the final 12 and i lost qq into 66 aip and then A9 into Q10 and it was GG. think i finished 8th/9th (hopefully saving my run good for sunday)

6. £5.50 Rebuy, i never really got going only had about 11k after the rebuy and lost JJ into AK so pretty standard

7 £22 BH picked up lots of hands early on and took a few heads then went card dead when the blinds started catching up, cant remember the exit hand so i imagine it was pretty standard.

8 £55 BH probably my worst tournament, I was playimng lots of tournaments at this point and I couldnt get going and then decided to run a bad bluff into a bad player and hated myself for doing so.. need to cut out stuff like that in the next few days.

overall was a good day in terms of profit, but a lot of near misses which have played on my mind a bit.. fingers crossed i can run a bit better today.

Gl all

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Im going to do a UKOPS round up after each days play....

1. £11 BH   seemed to be around starting stack for the first hour before getting a few generous double ups then managed to run aces and kings into slightly smaller pairs for a top 3 spot.. it was about 3 from the cash when i had a nasty hand... Had AK and got 2 callers. flop of 10 J Q rainbow, a half pot cont bet got 2 callers, the turn was a 5 and there was 20k in the pot and I had 30k behind i bet 13k and got one caller, there was a another J on the river... I hated that bad had to shove because i could still get value from aj, jk and any full house was gonna shove on me and id be priced in to call, he had 1010 and it was GG

2. 5.50 REBUY   i was going along nicely with about a top 10 stack most of the way, then had a nightmare and for no reason the table froze (while all other tables were working fine) and i didnt realise until i had blinded away just outside the cash

3. £22 Omaha, was my first ever omaha tournament so it took me 30mins or so to get the hang of how it was going to play out, i got pretty lucky that i ran FH's into smaller FH's 3 times in the first hour for an early chip lead, then i just decided that super aggro was the way to go and managed steamroller my way (with my fair share of luck) to over half the chips in play when we got to the FT.. thats when i couldnt hit a flop, and i ended up heads up with a sligh chip lead but ran a nut flush into a straight flush and couldnt recover, but a 2nd place finish was great for my first ever Omaha tournament so i was happy enough.

4.  £3.30  Ran aces into JJ and got outdrawn so was an early GG there.

5. £110 BH surprised i made it as far as i did considering it was probably the worst i had run this year, I kept chipping to chip leader then losing huge all ins, when I was down to the final 30 I managed to lose AA into JJ aip then lost AK into AQ aip before slowly chipping up to chip leader again, down to the final 12 and i lost qq into 66 aip and then A9 into Q10 and it was GG. think i finished 8th/9th (hopefully saving my run good for sunday)

6. £5.50 Rebuy, i never really got going only had about 11k after the rebuy and lost JJ into AK so pretty standard

7 £22 BH picked up lots of hands early on and took a few heads then went card dead when the blinds started catching up, cant remember the exit hand so i imagine it was pretty standard.

8 £55 BH probably my worst tournament, I was playimng lots of tournaments at this point and I couldnt get going and then decided to run a bad bluff into a bad player and hated myself for doing so.. need to cut out stuff like that in the next few days.

overall was a good day in terms of profit, but a lot of near misses which have played on my mind a bit.. fingers crossed i can run a bit better today.

Gl all

• Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited April 2015
    First ever omaha mtt and you get 2nd in a UKOPS event
    outstanding
    and with tikay in the field as well vwp