You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *OPT IN REQUIRED* >>> chiggypig wins week 17 <<<

Comments

• scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited April 2017
    they're like buses

Tuesday

7.15 H 9.15 H TH JPOT
    safc71 1 3 1 4 7 WIN
    don't know if this qualifies for a prize or not Mark, I'll leave that in your capable hands
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February*:
    they're like buses Tuesday 7.15 H 9.15 H TH JPOT safc71 1 3 1 4 7 WIN don't know if this qualifies for a prize or not Mark, I'll leave that in your capable hands
    Posted by scouse_red
    i don't think it does chris, first person to do it in the month. Shauno beat me too it. To be honest more than happy just winning them. 
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February*:
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February* : cheers    dont  think  i  have  changed  filters  since  i been  on  here  never  had a problem. game  didnt  start  last  night  numbers  look  low  tonight  in  9.15,  ok ukops  wont  help  that. but  maybe  im not  the  only 1 that cant  see  it. ps  if  you can  stick a  link up  for  10.30  much  appreciated.
    Posted by UrABawBag2
    Yes numbers were a little low last night can't understand why people would want  to play ukops just to win a load of cash when you could be playing pl08 ?? ( a far superior game ) 
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February* : i don't think it does chris, first person to do it in the month. Shauno beat me too it. To be honest more than happy just winning them. 
    Posted by safc71
    Yeah that is really unlucky as it was just after Shauno manage it. Brilliant feat though safc to hold the concentration and take down both tournies, congrats!
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February* : Yes numbers were a little low last night can't understand why people would want  to play ukops just to win a load of cash when you could be playing pl08 ?? ( a far superior game ) 
    Posted by safc71
    Agreed, completely ridiculous! :)
    edited April 2017
    here's the latest for the weekly heads

MOST HEADS IN WEEK LEADER
    PLAYER Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    rabbit11 6

Safc71 / sam1964

bbmike

gooner1961

bbmike and gooner1961 both took 8 heads in 1 tourny so are tied at the top on countback
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for the update Chris
    edited April 2017
    ok this weeks winner is Hotdigerty who took a combined total of 10 heads

MOST HEADS IN WEEK LEADER
    PLAYER Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    rabbit11 6

Safc71 / sam1964

bbmike

gooner1961

Hotdigerty

rabid_rat

safc71

bit of a strange week with 2 of the 9.15 tournies cancelled due to lack of runners, 

Mark has gone above and beyond here trying to get these tournies off the ground and the added prizes etc, but if they are not supported SP will be well within their right tocancel them altogether or scrap the prizes element.

Cmon guys and gals spread the word again.

IF THEY DO GET CANCELLED IT'S NO USE COMING ON THE FORUM COMPLAINING ABOUT LACK OF PLO8 TOURNIES
    edited April 2017
    ok this weeks winner is Hotdigerty who took a combined total of 10 heads 
    Posted by scouse_red
    Well done Hotdigerty! You win a £33 tourney entry. If you could let me know which night you would like to use your £33 ticket in this thread and I will ask for it to be arranged.
    edited April 2017
    Mark has gone above and beyond here trying to get these tournies off the ground and the added prizes etc, but if they are not supported SP will be well within their right tocancel them altogether or scrap the prizes element. Cmon guys and gals spread the word again. IF THEY DO GET CANCELLED IT'S NO USE COMING ON THE FORUM COMPLAINING ABOUT LACK OF PLO8 TOURNIES
    Posted by scouse_red
    Thanks for the update & kind words Chris. You have done plenty yourself to help!

I think UKOPS has probably had an influence. I will be playing a good chunk of these this week and will also try and get a 'Stay or Go' style hand breakdown thread from one of these going which can hopefully drum up a little bit more interest in the games.

Apart from that, I think for any real growth in the games the schedule needs to be tweaked. It just lacks diversity for the BH's. No buy ins offered apart from £5.50 but we have 2 of these and at the similar times. The PLO8 player pool is already a niche area of the player pool without further narrowing it to night time players who play £5.50 tourneys.

It is clear there is room (with a 4 hour+ gap in the plo8 MTT schedule) for some £1.10, £2.20, £3.30 and or £11 games to be trialed. This would help get more players interested in the games very quickly and undoubtedly cost Sky nothing. There isn't even a knock on effect on DYM's to worry about as they do not run much at that time. 

I would also say UKOPS and any such poker series is a good platform to try 'new' tourneys out yet we had no PLO8 BH's at any buy ins, even though they have proven to some extent at least to be relatively popular (especially compared to the regular format). UKOPS mini would have been the perfect time to test run a £1.10, £2.20 or £3.30 PLO8 BH IMO.

Don't mean to moan but while Sky were excellent in trialing the games to start with, and supporting the league, I really do not understand the reluctance to diversify the current offerings. If UKOPS shown us anything it was the BH's are more popular here than the regular format, the same goes for the PLO8 games yet the PLO8 MTT schedule is heavily dominated by low buy in regular format games which struggle.
  • aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited April 2017

hi chris,

i've sent you an email.

hoping to help.

edited April 2017
    hi chris, i've sent you an email. hoping to help.
    Posted by aussie09
    cheers Rob I'll take a look now
    edited April 2017
    P.S. I don't say any of that with a personal agenda. I have been gradually switching most of my play to NLHE and would be an infrequent visitor to any £1.10, £2.20 or £3.30 games. Just going by what people I have asked have said.
    edited April 2017
    ok this weeks winner is Hotdigerty who took a combined total of 10 heads MOST HEADS IN WEEK LEADER PLAYER Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun rabbit11 6 Safc71 / sam1964 7 bbmike 8 gooner1961 8 Hotdigerty 10 rabid_rat 9 safc71 8 bit of a strange week with 2 of the 9.15 tournies cancelled due to lack of runners,  Mark has gone above and beyond here trying to get these tournies off the ground and the added prizes etc, but if they are not supported SP will be well within their right tocancel them altogether or scrap the prizes element. Cmon guys and gals spread the word again. IF THEY DO GET CANCELLED IT'S NO USE COMING ON THE FORUM COMPLAINING ABOUT LACK OF PLO8 TOURNIES
    Posted by scouse_red
    Can i just say the work you and markycash have done is much appreciated and Agree with what your saying chris but i was on final table on 19:15 pl08 which meant i could only late reg due to sky pokers ongoing software issues . If i multi table i start having problems and could not risk my final table lagging /freezing until sky sort this out its going to be a problem. Iam sure this effects others who want to multitable plus as others have said ukops is effecting pl08. So hopefully sky sam can sort it out until then i will try to avoid multi tabling. 
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February* : Can i just say the work you and markycash have done is much appreciated and Agree with what your saying chris but i was on final table on 19:15 pl08 which meant i could only late reg due to sky pokers ongoing software issues . If i multi table i start having problems and could not risk my final table lagging /freezing until sky sort this out its going to be a problem. Iam sure this effects others who want to multitable plus as others have said ukops is effecting pl08. So hopefully sky sam can sort it out until then i will try to avoid multi tabling. 
    Posted by safc71
    very fair point Steve and taken on board Sir
    edited May 2017
    Hope all is well with you Chris?

Do you have any updates for the last week handy? Many thanks if so :)

P.S. I have posted a new rule in the OP after a suggestion from Chris. Basically if you win a prize you have 2 weeks to indicate you are accepting it for the reasons outlined in the OP.
    edited May 2017
    Hi Mark basically lost everything from my documents on Monday I have sent emails to the powers that be but so far nothing back, I will post ASAP sorry for the delay
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won*:
    Hi Mark basically lost everything from my documents on Monday I have sent emails to the powers that be but so far nothing back, I will post ASAP sorry for the delay
    Posted by scouse_red
    Hey Chris, no worries and absolutely no need to apologise! These things happen.

Hopefully someone from Sky can help out :)
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won* : Hey Chris, no worries and absolutely no need to apologise! These things happen. Hopefully someone from Sky can help out :)
    Posted by markycash
    unfortunately Mark it would be too time consuming to provide the information I asked for

So after all the work I've done and lost, unfortunately as they say on Dragon's Den ........... it's not for me I'm Out

I wish you every continued success on this league and if anyone wants to take over I will send a copy of the master sheet with instructions needed
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won* : unfortunately Mark it would be too time consuming to provide the information I asked for So after all the work I've done and lost, unfortunately as they say on Dragon's Den ........... it's not for me I'm Out I wish you every continued success on this league and if anyone wants to take over I will send a copy of the master sheet with instructions needed
    Posted by scouse_red

Hey Chris,

No worries. I will see if I am able to keep track going forward, if it works it works, if not then so be it.

Could also consider a simplified structure, whether you would want to be involved with that or not Chris?

Either way we will suspend the current week, pause for reflection and see what can be done for the week commencing Monday 8th May and onwards.

Thanks for all your help with this Chris, very much appreciated and best wishes going forward!