You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *OPT IN REQUIRED* >>> chiggypig wins week 17 <<<

Comments

• markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited February 2017
    The first month of this kicks off in 40 minutes! (see opening post for full details)

Assuming the numbers keep up and we get to the second month... There will probably be a few changes to the scoring system for the league points, a couple of issues have been spotted and Chris is working on a more effective system. For the first month we can just go with what we have though and see how everything pans out :)

Good luck all!
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts TONIGHT:
    The first month of this kicks off in 40 minutes! (see opening post for full details) Assuming the numbers keep up and we get to the second month... There will probably be a few changes to the scoring system for the league points, a couple of issues have been spotted and Chris is working on a more effective system. For the first month we can just go with what we have though and see how everything pans out :) Good luck all!
    Posted by markycash

Will def play this when I can xcept Mondays as it's DTD. Unfortunately, my brain...I mean pooter can't cope with more than 4 x tables.  If I bomb out early (which only happens once a week) you might see me at 9:15.

Gl ALL and a BIG TY to Chris.  Hero again.... terrible colours but still a hero.  ;-)

edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts TONIGHT:
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts TONIGHT : Will def play this when I can xcept Mondays as it's DTD. Unfortunately, my brain...I mean pooter can't cope with more than 4 x tables.  If I bomb out early (which only happens once a week) you might see me at 9:15. Gl ALL and a BIG TY to Chris.  Hero again.... terrible colours but still a hero.  ;-)
    Posted by Glenelg
    Nice 1, cya on the tables :)
    edited February 2017
    Congrats to our first winner!

Pomfrittes wins the FT Jackpot on night 1 of the league by winning the £5.50 BH (despite having a very tricky opponent :-p) and also finishes 2nd in the £11 BH. Very well deserved Pom and you showed great sportsmanship heads up by going slow when your opponent was disconnected!

Will contact you about the £55 (5 x £11 tickets) Pom.

It was a great start to the league tonight. The £11 hit its guarantee with 31 runners and the £5.50 smashed its record and got 68 runners.

Hopefully see you all tomorrow night, still the monthly league and most bounties in a single night prizes to play for.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,371
    edited February 2017

Ha, well done Uncle Pommy, what a boss.
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited February 2017
    Very well played Bill.

As Mark says Pomfrittes gets the first ever prize awarded in this league for his top 3 finish in both tournies on one night

and it will probably come as no surprise to learn that he currently leads the Bounty leaderboard too

FIRST PLAYER TO FINISH IN TOP 3 IN BOTH
    PLAYER 7.15 9.15
    pomfrittes 1 2 WIN

MOST NIGHTLY BOUNTIES TO DATE
    PLAYER 7.15 9.15 TOTAL
    pomfrittes 7 6 13
    edited February 2017
    I'm not sure how often Mark would like me to post the overall leaderboard as technically no-one actually gets a score until they've played 10 games. however I'll just post the top 10 places as it stands after the first night to give youa flavour of how it looks

Monday Tuesday Wedn.day Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday

7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15

No of players
    68 31 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 TOT TOT BEST
    PLAYER

PNTS PLYD 10
    pomfrittes
    73 33

106 2
    conorshay1
    65 19

84 2
    Whizzewky
    48 31

79 2
    JJFlash66
    49 24

73 2
    markycash
    70 2

72 2
    fish4it231
    57 11

68 2
    trevil25

68 1
    troyboy172

66 1
    botneck
    62 3

65 2
    denman18

64 1
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the updates Chris. Regarding the frequency of updates... Just whatever you think is best.
    edited February 2017
    Have messaged you regarding your prize pom. Congrats again!
    edited February 2017
    GL to everyone tonight and especially to a couple of new players to Sky who said they will come and play some games tonight Milena and Helen (Helen's usual poker alias was Hels Bels, not sure if it is the same on Sky).
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    edited February 2017
    Nice one Pommie, that's a chuffingly good start.
  • pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes:
    Ha, well done Uncle Pommy, what a boss.
    Posted by Tikay10

Cheers Grumps, sorry Gramps.  When are you making your debut?
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes:
    Have messaged you regarding your prize pom. Congrats again!
    Posted by markycash
       TY Mark,  will have a looksee l8r.
    edited February 2017
    Very well played Bill. As Mark says Pomfrittes gets the first ever prize awarded in this league for his top 3 finish in both tournies on one night and it will probably come as no surprise to learn that he currently leads the Bounty leaderboard too FIRST PLAYER TO FINISH IN TOP 3 IN BOTH PLAYER 7.15 9.15 pomfrittes 1 2 WIN MOST NIGHTLY BOUNTIES TO DATE PLAYER 7.15 9.15 TOTAL pomfrittes 7 6 13
    Posted by scouse_red

Thanks Chris, thoroughly enjoyed last night's games, format obv suits my uber tight style :)
    edited February 2017
    Nice one Pommie, that's a chuffingly good start.
    Posted by Enut

Cheers m8, hope the fingers are ok.  Did a bit of hanging on myself last night.
    edited February 2017
    FIRST PLAYER TO FINISH IN TOP 3 IN BOTH
    PLAYER7.159.15
    pomfrittes12PRIZE WON

MOST NIGHTLY BOUNTIES TO DATE
    PLAYER7.159.15TOTAL
    pomfrittes7613

Monday Tuesday Wedn.day Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday

7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15

No of players
    68 31 56 36 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 TOT TOT
    PLAYER

PNTS PLYD
    markycash
    70 2 61 29

162 4
    fish4it231
    57 11 47 14

129 4
    JJFlash66
    49 24 48 8

129 4
    Whizzewky
    48 31

117 3
    pomfrittes
    73 33

113 3
    conorshay1
    65 19 27

111 3
    botneck
    62 3 44 1

110 4
    petebryn

101 2
    trevil25

100 2
    safc71
    52 7 13 18

90 4
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    edited February 2017

I think this is a great league and well done for starting it however just a bit of early feedback though it seems the overall monthly results will be dependent on the 7.15 tourney results rather than the 9.15 one. The 7.15 has far more runners so a decent run will gain far more points in what should be an easier tournament as the buy in is lower.

For example winning the 9.15 last night would have got 41 points, the same as finishing 15/61 in the 7.15.

Would be fairer to us an adjustment factor to give the 9.15 equivalent weighting or is that getting far too picky for what is in effect a bit of fun?  

Or maybe separate monthly prizes for 7.15 and 9.15 results?

Just my two penneth worth, tell me to s*d off if you want!

edited February 2017
    I think this is a great league and well done for starting it however just a bit of early feedback though it seems the overall monthly results will be dependent on the 7.15 tourney results rather than the 9.15 one. The 7.15 has far more runners so a decent run will gain far more points in what should be an easier tournament as the buy in is lower. For example winning the 9.15 last night would have got 41 points, the same as finishing 15/61 in the 7.15. Would be fairer to us an adjustment factor to give the 9.15 equivalent weighting or is that getting far too picky for what is in effect a bit of fun?   Or maybe separate monthly prizes for 7.15 and 9.15 results? Just my two penneth worth, tell me to s*d off if you want!
    Posted by Enut
    It is a fair point Enut. Me and Chris both noticed this a few days ago and Chris has found a solution. We didn't change anything for this month as it was a bit late in the day. Couldn't agree more with your point though and we can change it for month 2 of the league :)
    edited February 2017
    I think this is a great league and well done for starting it however just a bit of early feedback though it seems the overall monthly results will be dependent on the 7.15 tourney results rather than the 9.15 one. The 7.15 has far more runners so a decent run will gain far more points in what should be an easier tournament as the buy in is lower. For example winning the 9.15 last night would have got 41 points, the same as finishing 15/61 in the 7.15. Would be fairer to us an adjustment factor to give the 9.15 equivalent weighting or is that getting far too picky for what is in effect a bit of fun?   Or maybe separate monthly prizes for 7.15 and 9.15 results? Just my two penneth worth, tell me to s*d off if you want!
    Posted by Enut
    Mark beat me to it lol,

I'm working on it as we speak Enut and will have it in place for next month's league. I'm gonna do some dry runs to make sure it's all good to go first tho, and, as Mark says it's a bit late now for this one

Glad your enjoying it ......... and feedback is great :)
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited February 2017
    I agree with the above points. I wouldn't over adjust though, as beating a larger field has its merits as does winning in a larger BI event. 

It's a case of trying to finding the right balance between encouraging recs to play who are only rolled for the £5 er and encouraging those who can play both to play both.

At the moment it is skewed to the £5er, it would be better EV to play all the £5s and no £11 rather than both for half the nights. 

If you go too far and make it better EV to play the £11er every night than both for half the nights then that would potentially affect the good numbers in the £5er.

Not easy - don't envy you - wish I had a suggestion that solved this perfectly, but unfortunately I don't.