You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Why

Comments

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,878
    ‘Breathless’ in Seattle

Is it time for the Robots to look after us..........

My Weekly Family Bonding.

Chatting to my Sister on Skype this morning, she lives in Perth Australia. They go away North in the Winter months, as do all the O.A.P.s to get away from the cold Winter Months. It's cheaper than being stuck in doors heating the house.
    They had just prepared their Trailer Caravan ready to go on Monday, now been told Lock Down imposed and nobody in or out of Western Australia from today. Their friends that went ahead been turned back. Others that beat the deadline sending " Wish you were Here" messages.
    The Government said, it will issue Winter Fuel payment to everyone to tide them over. All those Lovely Beaches with nobody on them.

Pic; Rottnest Island few miles off coast Perth ........... View Perth City flying into Airport
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited March 2020
    I’ve a mate who emigrated to Perth. He is a sparky.
    He often flies up north for the company he works for.
    Swerves the traffic jams I suppose.
    Just a quicker way to get their I believe, and does stop over for a few days.
    It’s such a large country.
    edited March 2020
    Just found box of DVDs Aussie Holidays. Nice to watch again but felt sad after.

My Sister Hubby & Kids went out as £10 Poms 1961 took six weeks by ship to get there. Had the chance to go with them but declined . Second chance came some five years later, but again said no had just started new job. Years pass like they do and Sister gave up trying to get me to emigrate and instead invited us to visit in the hope we would like it and move out. First visit in 1989 was Magical holiday with 3 Aus dollars to the pound we were rich poms.
    Second time was 2001 went for three months with just over 2 dollars to pound still lots over to spend. Sister & Brother in law took us everywhere, surprised how many places had English names wonderful time, didn't want to come home.
    Third time 2009 one half dollars to pound we were poor holiday makers. They eventually got me to Drive their car and being right hand drive same as here signs & road markings easy pessie. I had to laugh at what they called (rush hour traffic jam) when I drove into Perth City. The other extreme was when you went out of Perth City you were lucky if you saw or passed another car for 30 Miles just long straight roads full of nothing but Bush. With all the lovely Beaches on their doorstep couldn't get my head around why they, the locals, jet to Bali for their Holidays. All the peoples homes we visited had swimming pools, buddha garden ornaments statues with large house but silly little gardens no grass said, with sand as soil hard to grow grass lawn. Time to go home sob! we got two extra weeks due to Volcano eruption dust cloud grounded flights ....... so upset ... cough! again did not want to leave, can't believe that was ten years ago.
    Now we only see them and talk on Skype. Sigh!

Tribute

[‘I Love Rock and Roll’ songwriter Alan Merrill dies of coronavirus aged 69]

https://youtu.be/ITuOddPeYoc
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,728
    Gotta disagree @goldon this has gotta be the best version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC8oP4Z_xPw
    There's no Perv like an old Perv, who likes to look at well oiled Machine gyrating on well oiled Machine. Pift; on yer bike.!
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,728
    In 1981 Joan Jett fulfilled all my pubescent fantasies long before Britney was on the scene.
    Wet Dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree
    https://youtu.be/qeMFqkcPYcg
    Due to Government guide lines for Social Distancing and less traffic on the Roads.

Pot Holes have been filling themselves in with build up dirt on ground due too less traffic using Roads.
    Due to Government restriction on Social distancing, as of today + foreseeable future Sky are only allowed to offer games of Solitaire, heads up, Russian Roulette.
  • Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    Does the Coronavirus give you wings...........must be the red bull then.

Some People should get a move ...... on

https://youtu.be/hdcTmpvDO0I
    I keep hearing " We're all in the same boat" shouldn't we be isolating. !
    The Trouble with 99% of anything is...........

Specific Dettol products have demonstrated effectiveness (>99.9% inactivation) against coronavirus strains from the same family as the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in third party laboratory testing, when used in accordance with the directions for use. These products are: Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Spray, Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Wipes, Dettol All-In-One Disinfectant Spray, and Dettol Disinfectant Liquid.The makers of Dettol did not know about the new Wuhan coronavirus before the rest of us
    30th Jan 2020

Claim
    Dettol antiseptic spray says it kills human coronavirus.

Conclusion
    That is correct but that doesn’t mean that Dettol spray can kill the new coronavirus identified in Wuhan. Coronavirus is a category of viruses that includes the common cold, and it is likely this the label is referring to.

A photo of the back of a Dettol bottle, which mentions that it kills “human coronavirus”, has been shared on Facebook over a thousand times.

The implication seems to be that the new coronavirus observed in Wuhan, China is not new, or was somehow anticipated.

The image does seem to be a genuine label on a Dettol spray product. Several Dettol products mention that they are “proven to kill…Human Coronavirus”. However, some comments under the Facebook post note that “Salmonella” is misspelled on the label. We don’t know why that is, although the brand’s Australian website also seems to misspell it.

The key point here is that coronavirus is a broad category of viruses which includes a number of different respiratory illnesses. One is the common cold, but the category also includes SARS (the severe acute respiratory syndrome of which there were outbreaks in 2002 and 2004), and the new coronavirus identified in Wuhan.

The “human coronavirus” mentioned on the back of the Dettol bottle is almost certainly referring to the common cold.

The coronavirus identified in Wuhan is a new virus, which hadn’t been identified in humans before the first cases at the end of 2019.