You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** NAPS FOR NOVEMBER 2017 **

Comments

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    edited November 2017
    Hi, this is a message for MISTY and all NAPSTERS.

I have probably set MISTY an impossible task to reach 70% participation on the "GO LIVE YEARLY TABLE", as I think even if he participates in all the GO-LIVES for the rest of the year, he will fall short.

It is however a distinct advantage to have less selections in the yearly table.

So, I think the "middle ground", to be fair to MISTY and ALL NAPSTERS, is to say that if MISTY participates in ALL the GO-LIVE NAPS between now and the end of the year, then his score will be VALID even if it's less than 70%. However if he misses any and is less than 70% participation, then his score will not count.

Currently the leader board is based on TOTAL P/L not AVERAGE, but I may change this next year.

Only fair that all are aware, and we set out the criteria, at this stage, so it doesn't become contentious towards the end of December.

Hopefully you all agree this is reasonable.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    18.15: SAUCHIEHALL STREET. Also on google sheets.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited November 2017
    StayOrGo said:

Hi, this is a message for MISTY and all NAPSTERS.

I have probably set MISTY an impossible task to reach 70% participation on the "GO LIVE YEARLY TABLE", as I think even if he participates in all the GO-LIVES for the rest of the year, he will fall short.

It is however a distinct advantage to have less selections in the yearly table.

So, I think the "middle ground", to be fair to MISTY and ALL NAPSTERS, is to say that if MISTY participates in ALL the GO-LIVE NAPS between now and the end of the year, then his score will be VALID even if it's less than 70%. However if he misses any and is less than 70% participation, then his score will not count.

Currently the leader board is based on TOTAL P/L not AVERAGE, but I may change this next year.

Only fair that all are aware, and we set out the criteria, at this stage, so it doesn't become contentious towards the end of December.

Hopefully you all agree this is reasonable.

Cheers,

G

Hiya G..... thanks for the generous offer of leniency with regards the GO LIVE YEARLY NAPSTERS TABLE.
    To be honest even though I will be trying, I will struggle to Nap every GO-LIVE DAY for the rest of the year, as firstly I'm in Brighton from tomorrow 'til next Monday, amongst other distractions, so it might be best if you just leave me off/put me with the also-rans.

Because I'm not overly bothered about the mundane midweek Flat racing, particularly on the All-weather, (though yesterday's was quite entertaining, and just shows the quality you get when you put up nearly £200,000 prize money), I will always struggle to reach the necessary criteria for a full year's napping.
    I know it's even more work, and that's probably the last thing you need (though the new Google Sheet process once set up, appears to make it easier), but perhaps you could run a Flat season and a Jumps season table like they do in the Press, as well as the overall one, (gives people a fresh start too).
    I will help or contribute as much as I can, particularly on the Go-Live days over the Jumps, because I think you and the gang do a fantastic job for the Jackpot Syndicate, and hopefully some of my input has helped just a little bit.
    All the best
    JEZ
  • Options

6.45: NINJAGO .....(on sheet)
  • Options
    SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057
    edited November 2017
    4.45: MAGIC MIRROR - on Google
  • Options
    Just a small point G., and I hope you don't mind me suggesting it. but with regards the Average Profit/Loss, I don't think you need to do it to 5 decimal points(1000th of a penny). I think it would be more relevant, and possibly look better if the AP/L was just done to two decimal points (nearest penny). Come the end of the Month/Year if there were any ties (which appears unlikely) then maybe use an extra decimal place.
    What do other people think?
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    6.45: NINJAGO = ON GOOGLE
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,312
    645: NINJAGO on google
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Just a small point G., and I hope you don't mind me suggesting it. but with regards the Average Profit/Loss, I don't think you need to do it to 5 decimal points(1000th of a penny). I think it would be more relevant, and possibly look better if the AP/L was just done to two decimal points (nearest penny). Come the end of the Month/Year if there were any ties (which appears unlikely) then maybe use an extra decimal place.

agree although probably my fault went to so many decimals as I was having problems working out average LOL. now know what I am doing so happy to revert
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited November 2017
    6.45 Danecase
    On Google
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    vaigret said:

MISTY4ME said:

agree although probably my fault went to so many decimals as I was having problems working out average LOL. now know what I am doing so happy to revert
    Sorry V. I forgot it was all your hard work on the yearly's/monthly's. Nice one mate, and even better if our NAP goes in tonight. Good Luck.
  • Options
    5.15: U S S MISSOURI (ON GOOGLE)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    MISTY4ME said:

Yeh can do it as 2DP's. For some reason. I could only do it as 2 or 5 DPs; I went for 5 so that people can see how close things are between some of the placings on the yearly tables. Also we can clearly see that it auto updates ok with 5DP's as with 2DP's it is possible it won't change after a result.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    7:15 WICKER
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

vaigret said:

MISTY4ME said:

Sorry V. I forgot it was all your hard work on the yearly's/monthly's. Nice one mate, and even better if our NAP goes in tonight. Good Luck.
    no probs mate i enjoy it
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Hi all, do we have a volunteer to be the JACKPOT MEETING "finder outer", for this week?

It involves contacting Totesport via "live chat"

Would be good if we could share the load on a weekly basis.

I don't think it will be a GO-LIVE tomorrow, but can't say for sure until I know the meeting.

Cheers, G
  • Options
    Hi, message for Misty.

Regarding your earlier post re separating Jumps and Flat season.

We could potentially do this, although there will always be the odd flat Jackpot meeting in the winter.

When do the flat/jump seasons formally start/end?

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    StayOrGo said:

Hi all, do we have a volunteer to be the JACKPOT MEETING "finder outer", for this week?

It involves contacting Totesport via "live chat"

Would be good if we could share the load on a weekly basis.

I don't think it will be a GO-LIVE tomorrow, but can't say for sure until I know the meeting.

Cheers, G

Meeting is NOTTINGHAM
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

Hi, message for Misty.

Regarding your earlier post re separating Jumps and Flat season.

We could potentially do this, although there will always be the odd flat Jackpot meeting in the winter.

When do the flat/jump seasons formally start/end?

Cheers,

G

Hi Graham,

The start day of the jumps season varies very slightly as it is the day after BET365 DAY AT SANDOWN which is usually in APRIL. The flat season runs from March to November. so as you can see their is an overlap. Of course you could count Jumps season as from the day the flat season ends to when it starts again but then so much good jumps racing wouldnt count. to confuse matters their is so much winter flat racing that the jackpots will more than likely come from them over the winter as so many jump meetings have small fields.

If you look at the go live attempts when we have been going a year you will probably find we have gone for jackpots over the jumps in summer and over the flat in winter. I would continue how you are . YEARLY, MONTHLY AND GO LIVE but that just my opinion.

Would encourage all our people to enter Brrr's , used to be mine, NAPS COMP, which runs from Jan to the Grand National, rather than fiddle with ours.
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    myself and MAXALLY ul with WICKER thou I done it £5 e/w @16/1 =£25 back ive lumped it on THANKYOU VERY MUCH IN 7:45 @9/1