You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    edited March 2018
    Update:
    Start Weight: 19st 9lbs
    Last Week: 18st 9lbs
    Current Weight (week 11):

Stayed the same but still in the one stone club. Starting to up the exercise from next week.

Total loss: 1 Stone.

Still smoke free

Keep up the good work everyone.

• Options
    ommomm Member Posts: 444
    Epic fail from me the last couple of weeks, been a mixture of being ill and abit low. Will certainly be back on the scales by the end of the week.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,369
    Start 20-02
    Last week 18-11
    This week 18-11

So, more of an Average Friday, but could have been worse
    Currently losing plenty of pounds on the tables, mind
  • Options
    Update:
    Last Week: 18st 9lbs
    Current Weight (week 12):

Slightly disappointing to have only have lost 1 pound as I have upped the exercise this week.

Total loss: 1st 1lb
    Still smoke free.

It is VERY likely that I will put on weight over the next week as tomorrow it is my missus birthday and we are going out for a meal and drinks, then I've treated her to the Joshua fight on Box Office (I know, I know, I'm too good to her!). Also I'm going to Liverpool on Thursday to watch the darts which will involve a fair amount of alcohol and junk food. Hopefully I can keep any weight gain to a minimum.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,286
  • Options

Update after week 12;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight after week 5 = 13st 10lbs

Weight after week 6 = 13st 9lbs

Weight after week 7 = 13st 8lbs

Weight after week 8 = 13st 5lbs

Weight after week 9 = 13st 3lbs

Weight after week 10 = 13st 0lbs

Weight after week 11 = 12st 13lbs

Weight after week 12 = 12st 12lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 2 stone in 12 weeks

Had a bad weekend (diet-wise) due to Road to Manchester, but upped the exercise, & managed to lose another pound. Actually, it was only three quarters of a pound, but the "rounding up" thing gave me a bonus this week.

Next week will be bad - Gill is down for Easter, which means tons of bad (as in good) food.

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Phantom66 said:

Sorry to be letting the side down again.

The only glimmer of positive spin is that I have not put any weight on this week.

Stuck at 14st 10lb my post holiday weight.

I need to step up on the exercise or it is not going to shift. I ate a lot better this week but didn't exercise.

VWP Tony and Phil and welcome back Butler,

Added incentive - From now until I reach the target of 14st 0lb, every week I lose weight I will put aside £10 for charity I will chose at the end of the task. Every week I do not lose weight I will give £10 to the charity nominated by the biggest loser of the week.

GL All.

I did weigh myself on Friday just haven't had the chance to update.

Stayed at 14st 10lb which is frustrating to say the least as I thought I had a good week.

So under the terms of the above, the biggest loser is due £10.

Not many updates above but it looks like a tie between @waller02 and @Tikay10.

So nominate your charities please and I'll make a donation and PM you the receipt.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Phantom66 said:

The only glimmer of positive spin is that I have not put any weight on this week.

I need to step up on the exercise or it is not going to shift. I ate a lot better this week but didn't exercise.

Added incentive - From now until I reach the target of 14st 0lb, every week I lose weight I will put aside £10 for charity I will chose at the end of the task. Every week I do not lose weight I will give £10 to the charity nominated by the biggest loser of the week.

GL All.

Stayed at 14st 10lb which is frustrating to say the least as I thought I had a good week.

So nominate your charities please and I'll make a donation and PM you the receipt.
    That's very generous of you @Phantom66, if you are sure that it is really what you want to do then you can donate my share to StayorGo's charity for the HU comp that he is running over on Poker Chat. You can either donate on the website or via bank transfer to his charity account shown on the thread.

Thanks for that. I tell you what, seeing as you are willing to dig into your own pocket then I will donate a tenner to your chosen charity when you hit your target weight of 14st.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Phantom66 said:

Phantom66 said:

GL All.

That's very generous of you @Phantom66, if you are sure that it is really what you want to do then you can donate my share to StayorGo's charity for the HU comp that he is running over on Poker Chat. You can either donate on the website or via bank transfer to his charity account shown on the thread.

Thanks for that. I tell you what, seeing as you are willing to dig into your own pocket then I will donate a tenner to your chosen charity when you hit your target weight of 14st.
    Donation made.

Thanks for the return offer.
  • Options
    Cheers.

I notice you donated a tenner rather than a fiver?
  • Options
    ^^^^ Seeing as I didn't specify what I would do in the event of a tie I thought I would pay £10 each this time. Still waiting for Tikay to nominate. If it happens again I'll split it.

On to this week and I have lost 1lb, so back down to 14st 9lb and £10 goes to my own charity pot.

• Options
    edited April 2018

^^^^

Sorry @Phantom66, been a bit all over the shop the last week or two, so apologies for not responding to the charity thing. I'll sort it over the weekend, for sure. Can you just remind me how much I owe? I'll send my donation to @StayOrGo once I know what's what.

I'll do my Weekly Weigh In Report later today or over the weekend, too. I did do the weigh-in this morning, as I do at 6am every Friday, so I'm still being a good boy. Ish.

Well done on losing another pound. Every pound lost is a step towards being more healthy.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,369
    Start 20-02
    Last week 18-11
    This week 18-12

Poo. On a brighter note, had to buy smaller clothes this week, and won the Main last night :)
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^

Sorry @Phantom66, been a bit all over the shop the last week or two, so apologies for not responding to the charity thing. I'll sort it over the weekend, for sure. Can you just remind me how much I owe? I'll send my donation to @StayOrGo once I know what's what.

I'll do my Weekly Weigh In Report later today or over the weekend, too. I did do the weigh-in this morning, as I do at 6am every Friday, so I'm still being a good boy. Ish.

Well done on losing another pound. Every pound lost is a step towards being more healthy.

You owe me nothing Tikay. I owe a charity of your choice £10 just name it.
  • Options

^^^^

Oh, I see, sorry, I misread it.

Ideally, one of the @StayOrGo charities please, or just send it to him for his general charity stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    A delayed and confusing update:

Last Week: 18st 8lbs
    Current Weight (Week 13):

I can only put the 4lb loss down to my recent couple of nights away in Liverpool for the darts. As you might expect it was a pretty messy affair with a lot of alcohol and perhaps not enough food. We met Eric Bristow briefly in Shooters bar while watching a Bobby George exhibition, literally a couple of hours before he sadly passed away. It makes you realise that life is short and you never know when your time is up, so all the more reason to get in shape, eat well and pack in the cigs.

Speaking of cigs, I'm afraid I let myself down and got through a pack of 20 whilst I was away. It was always going to be a big test to not smoke when out on the beers. Minor blip though, I hope, back on the e-cig now.

I will probably put a couple of pounds back on over the next week as I return to "normal" eating habits.

Total loss: 1st 5lbs
    Total smokes: 20 :(
  • Options

^^^^^

Cracking job @waller02 , 4lb loss in the week, & 1st 5lbs overall is really good.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Apologies for delayed report, been really busy, though I did weigh-in on Friday;

• Options

Update after week 13;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight after week 5 = 13st 10lbs

Weight after week 6 = 13st 9lbs

Weight after week 7 = 13st 8lbs

Weight after week 8 = 13st 5lbs

Weight after week 9 = 13st 3lbs

Weight after week 10 = 13st 0lbs

Weight after week 11 = 12st 13lbs

Weight after week 12 = 12st 12lbs

Weight after week 13 = 12st 11lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 2 stone & 1lb in 13 weeks

Quite pleased with last week, expected worse, as Gill was here for Easter & she feeds me bad (= good) food on a conveyor belt. I upped the daily walks though & somehow got away with it.

To be honest, I'll be pleased when I reach the 12st 7lbs target, and as weight loss plateaus once the initial flab has gone, it'll take a good while yet I fancy.

Oh well, on we go.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^

Oh, I see, sorry, I misread it.

Ideally, one of the @StayOrGo charities please, or just send it to him for his general charity stuff.

£10 paid into the StayOrGo charity account as acknowledged by Graham in the Poker Chat thread.