You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Am I right that it was @Essexphil that lost the most this week with 41lbs?

If so could you please nominate your charity?

I am not going to grim on my pledge, so I'll keep the £10s coming whenever I do not lose in a week and save up the £10s for my choice each week that I do.

I'll add some extras for other's endeavours along the way too, especially anyone hitting their target.

Welcome to the club @Stayorgo and that was a great post @DOHHHHHHH. I followed your previous endeavours with awe and admiration. Good luck with the ankle.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,369
    If it is me, then StayorGo's charity would be splendid.

If you lose any weight next week, I'll put another tenner to it...
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

If it is me, then StayorGo's charity would be splendid.

If you lose any weight next week, I'll put another tenner to it...

Payment made and acknowledged on StayorGo's charity comp thread in Poker Chat.

Proper pressure on me now for this week then.

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    Hi guys, as I will be making the donation on 3rd May, I think we should finalise the "weigh in" for the £1 per pound donations on 1st May.

These are the starting weights on 13/04/18: (Let me know of errors/omissions.)

ESSEXPHIL: 18-08
    PHANTOM66: 14-09
    STAYORGO: 14-12
    TIKAY10: 12-09
    WALLER02: 18-07

As TK has already done a lot of hard work, I will donate an extra £10 if he reaches his target weight (12-07 I believe) by 1st May.

GL all!

G
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Update after week 1:

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs (Target Weight 12st 0lbs)

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 7lbs

Managed a 5lb loss for week one. I am happy with that.

Hope you all had good weeks.

Cheers,

G

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,286

5lb?

Incred start.

Great stuff Graham, well done. You just got to keep the momentum now.
  • Options

This, Mr @DOHHHHHHH, is just terrific.

Tell us how you did it.

• Options
  • Options

Update after week 15;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight after week 5 = 13st 10lbs

Weight after week 6 = 13st 9lbs

Weight after week 7 = 13st 8lbs

Weight after week 8 = 13st 5lbs

Weight after week 9 = 13st 3lbs

Weight after week 10 = 13st 0lbs

Weight after week 11 = 12st 13lbs

Weight after week 12 = 12st 12lbs

Weight after week 13 = 12st 11lbs

Weight after week 14 = 12st 9lbs

Weight after week 15 = 12st 7lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 2 stone & 5lb ( = 33lbs) in 15 weeks.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    BOOM.

Pardon my chirpyness, but I'm so pleased with that.

Had an almost perfect week diet & exercise-wise. Diet was 100% perfect, not a single "cheat" or exception to the usual, & in exercise, I schedule 21 walks per week (3 per day) & managed 20 of the 21.

At the start of the thread, I wrote;

"My two targets are

1) Lose weight.

I'm currently at my heaviest ever, 14st 12lbs. Target is to get down to 14 stone by SPT Manchester, so that gives me 6 weeks.

2) Exercise more.

The only exercise I can currently attempt is walking, so the target is to walk a minimum of 1 mile each day, or 7 miles each week."

Well the walking is now up to 5 miles per day, (35 miles per week), & the weight has dropped way past the original 14 stone target.

There was no formal target, but I had 12 stone 7lbs in my mind, so that box is ticked.

I've decided to press on a little longer (I hope 2 or 3 weeks max) & try to get to 12st 5lbs, so I can say to myself I've lost 2 & a half stone in 4 months.

And then?

Pile it all back on. Obv.

• Options
    Fantastic results. Very well done to @Tikay10 for reaching the original target and to @StayOrGo for a brilliant start.

My weight this week is 14st 7lb* so a 2lb loss for the week and 9lb in total.

That is also my lowest weight on the challenge so far having hovered around 14st 8 to 14st 10 for a while now.

14st 7lb was my initial target for Manchester SPT so I missed that by quite some way but still happy to get there. 14st 0lb is the real target to reach and stay at.

Good to have a fresh impetus and the better weather will certainly help on the activity front.

* Full disclosure - I am actually 14st 7 and a quarter pounds. Throughout this challenge I have round the 0.25s down and the 0.5 and 0.75s up.
  • Options

Good stuff P66, keep it up. Or down.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,369
    Start weight: 20-02
    Last week 18-08
    This week 18-10

A little disappointed, but always felt last week was out of kilter.

Very well done to the other posters-awesome continued progress from Tony, great start from Graham. Nice one from Phantom-at least that will help me lose 10 pounds :)
  • Options
    Huge well done TK on reaching your target weight, hope you'll hang around on the thread and keep posting your weight etc.

Well done to P66 too.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement!

All the best for this coming week.

G
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Last week 18-08
    This week 18-10

Very well done to the other posters-awesome continued progress from Tony, great start from Graham. Nice one from Phantom-at least that will help me lose 10 pounds :)

A minor setback in the grand scheme of things Phil, it's still a loss of 1 stone & 6lbs. That's impressive.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

Last week 18-08
    This week 18-10

A minor setback in the grand scheme of things Phil, it's still a loss of 1 stone & 6lbs. That's impressive.
    +1 Phil. Doing great!
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Fantastic results. Very well done to @Tikay10 for reaching the original target and to @StayOrGo for a brilliant start.

My weight this week is 14st 7lb* so a 2lb loss for the week and 9lb in total.

That is also my lowest weight on the challenge so far having hovered around 14st 8 to 14st 10 for a while now.

14st 7lb was my initial target for Manchester SPT so I missed that by quite some way but still happy to get there. 14st 0lb is the real target to reach and stay at.

Good to have a fresh impetus and the better weather will certainly help on the activity front.

* Full disclosure - I am actually 14st 7 and a quarter pounds. Throughout this challenge I have round the 0.25s down and the 0.5 and 0.75s up.

Well done Phantom. All the best for this week!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    edited April 2018
    Apologies for missing the weigh in this week. I have been working and staying away from home all week and as such the diet and exercise was put on the back burner.

I could have weighed myself this morning but I'm fairly sure it wouldn't have been pretty.

Normal service will be resumed this week and I will be weighing in on Friday as usual.

Well done on reaching your target weight @Tikay10, you have every right to be chirpy, it's very hard to stay disciplined yet you managed it every single week.
  • Options
    No worries mate. Best of luck this week!
  • Options
    AndyMitchAndyMitch Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2018
    This has been a brilliant thread to read through - well done everyone. Some awesome stories in here. I'm 6"1 and at my heaviest (in 2013), I weighed in at 16 st, 4 lb (103.3kg). I'm now down at 12 stone, 4lb (78kg). I also started running properly and have now completed 9 half marathons with another few in the diary. Doing the three peaks challenge (Snowdon/Scafell Pike/Ben Nevis in 24 hours) at the end of June

If anyone is considering starting running, don't second guess yourself - just do it! The brilliant thing about running is you just compete against yourself. No one around you is going to be competing at an elite level so it removes so much of that competitive element from the atmosphere. I got my 10k time down to 47:47 this morning (a new PB). Aiming for a final body mass of ~73kg and a 10k time of 45 minutes.