You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Up to page 4, really interesting reading so far and look forward to getting up to date in next few days.

I would like to join "the club".

Heaviest weight ever (very recently!): 14:4

Target Weight 13:0-13:4

-----------------

Marky looking forward to seeing how you are doing with the stopping smoking, when I stopped I used the nicotine quick mist spray which were fantastic.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,369
    LARSON7 said:

Up to page 4, really interesting reading so far and look forward to getting up to date in next few days.

-----------------

Marky looking forward to seeing how you are doing with the stopping smoking, when I stopped I used the nicotine quick mist spray which were fantastic.

Welcome. As someone who (obviously) struggles to lose weight, I find this thread inspirational-I can let myself down easily, but am unwilling to let others down.

PS-going to check Tikay very carefully at the next SPT-with that weight loss, I think he's lost a leg :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,286
    LARSON7 said:

-----------------

Hi mate, no need to ask, just join in, welcome aboard.

No rules as such, though must of us weigh-in & report on thread once a week, with the weight-ins usually on Friday mornings. But what ever suits you best. I'll close & remove that "other" thread as requested in your PM yesterday, sorry, been offline most of today due to bad stuff happening. (Car Service & MOT type bad stuff).

We need you, as a fellow Scot, to get on @markycash 's case, he's been our only Billy Let Down so far, & he needs a good kicking.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

LARSON7 said:

-----------------

Welcome. As someone who (obviously) struggles to lose weight, I find this thread inspirational-I can let myself down easily, but am unwilling to let others down.

PS-going to check Tikay very carefully at the next SPT-with that weight loss, I think he's lost a leg :)

All limbs & dangly bits still present & correct Phil.

Joking aside, I find it hard to believe that 4 months ago, when I moved around, I was lugging the equivalent of 15 x 2lb bags of sugar around with me compared to now.

Gotta say, it's been my best diet ever, & this thread has really helped me.
  • Options
    AndyMitch said:

This has been a brilliant thread to read through - well done everyone. Some awesome stories in here. I'm 6"1 and at my heaviest (in 2013), I weighed in at 16 st, 4 lb (103.3kg). I'm now down at 12 stone, 4lb (78kg). I also started running properly and have now completed 9 half marathons with another few in the diary. Doing the three peaks challenge (Snowdon/Scafell Pike/Ben Nevis in 24 hours) at the end of June

If anyone is considering starting running, don't second guess yourself - just do it! The brilliant thing about running is you just compete against yourself. No one around you is going to be competing at an elite level so it removes so much of that competitive element from the atmosphere. I got my 10k time down to 47:47 this morning (a new PB). Aiming for a final body mass of ~73kg and a 10k time of 45 minutes.

@AndyMitch

FOUR stone & NINE marathons?

WTF?

Tell us about how you achieved that please Andy, it realty helps us. Doncaster @DOHHHHHHH did a similar thing too.
  • Options

Another inspiration was @Markycash cutting down on smoking. He's already cut down from 30 a day to 29 per day. He only did it one day, mind. Still, one ciggie less, eh?
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Tikay10 said:

Another inspiration was @Markycash cutting down on smoking. He's already cut down from 30 a day to 29 per day. He only did it one day, mind. Still, one ciggie less, eh?

I am just taking one for the team @Tikay10

If I make a right balls up of it then it will make all of your collective efforts look even more impressive.

P.S. I am keeping the ship 'steady'. I have not gained any extra weight but I intend to make a proper assault on the health front in around 7 weeks when the summer holidays start.

Also, yup! That 1 ciggy counts B) I actually went around 7 hours without a ciggy last night. Okay, yeah... I might have been sleeping. Still counts thought, right?

P.P.S. When I think about it I actually threw a cigar into the mix yesterday too :| *off to sit in the naughty corner*
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Phil agreed, I only found this thread in the last couple of days, but it's definitely one of the best threads on the sky poker forum. Will for sure be brilliant motivation in upping the exercise / eating more healthily.

PS How do you win every single all in against me in Sats :p

Look forward to joining in, will post next Friday with up to date weight reading.

Also, your most recent post Tikay, outstanding results!

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    edited April 2018
    Great to have ANDY, MARKY and LARSON on the thread.

Update after week 2:

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs (Target weight 12st 0lbs)

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 7lbs
    Weight after Week 2 = 14st 6lbs

So just the 1lb loss from last week, but a pound is a pound they say.

6lb total loss so far. I will do an interim weight post on 1st May, so we know the total lost for charity donations. Hopefully I can get another couple of lbs off in the next few days.

GL all!

Cheers,

G

• Options

Good work Graham. Little & often will do nicely.

I'll be weighing-in shortly. (7am). Not confident today, had an interrupted preparation as the racehorse trainers tend to say when they need an excuse.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,369
    edited April 2018
    Start weight: 20-02
    Last week: 18-10
    This week: 18-10

Time to start exercising, or else will be letting TeamChubster down.

Stupid fact of the day. You know certain groups always bang on about "keeping the Great British Pound". It's full title is the Avoirdupois Pound, and it is French...

PS-Please feel free to add a pound or two to prove you are human, Tony...
  • Options

^^^^^

Report incoming, very shortly.
  • Options

As at 6am this morning;

• Options

Update after week 16;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight after week 5 = 13st 10lbs

Weight after week 6 = 13st 9lbs

Weight after week 7 = 13st 8lbs

Weight after week 8 = 13st 5lbs

Weight after week 9 = 13st 3lbs

Weight after week 10 = 13st 0lbs

Weight after week 11 = 12st 13lbs

Weight after week 12 = 12st 12lbs

Weight after week 13 = 12st 11lbs

Weight after week 14 = 12st 9lbs

Weight after week 15 = 12st 7lbs

Weight after week 16 = 12st 6lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 2 stone & 6lb ( = 34lbs) in 16 weeks.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Start weight: 20-02
    Last week: 18-10
    This week: 18-10

Time to start exercising, or else will be letting TeamChubster down.

Stupid fact of the day. You know certain groups always bang on about "keeping the Great British Pound". It's full title is the Avoirdupois Pound, and it is French...

PS-Please feel free to add a pound or two to prove you are human, Tony...

Maybe next Friday, Phil. ;)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    edited April 2018
    Update.
    Start Weight: 19st 9lbs
    Last Week: 18st 7lbs
    Current Weight (Week 16):

Must do better. Seem to have hit a wall these past couple of weeks. Sorry for letting the side down. Next week will be tough too as I'm staying in a hotel all week again, although this one does have a gym.

Graham, seeing as I haven't lost any weight to help with the Charity donation, please can you double my donation to £1/lb. I won't get chance to weigh myself again before the 1st May due to being away so take this as my final weight. Let me know how much I need to donate and I will transfer it across.

Well done to everyone that lost/didn't gain.

Struggling......:(

Total loss: 1st
    Total Smoked: 20
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Keep you chin up mate.

It's not easy. If it was we'd all be our perfect weight.

Keep active on the thread, as you are doing, whether you lose or gain. We are all here to support/encourage each other.

I am sure I will have quite a few "bad weeks" ahead of me.

Thanks for upping the donation to £1 per lb.

I should know by 1st May, what the donations come out at.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited April 2018
    Late report.

I did weigh myself on Friday, but went away for the weekend.

On Friday I was 14st 8lb, which was a pound addition from the previous week.

SIGH.

Still -8lbs overall.

I am pretty sure that if it wasn't for this thread I would be back where I started long since.

I went away for the weekend and I expect it to be a struggle to get back to 14st 8lb by the end of this week now.

As per my previous pledges I owe £10 to the charity of the biggest losers choice.

Looks like it is a tie between @StayOrGo and @Tikay10 with 1lb each.

If you would care to nominate then please, I'll split it £5each.

All the best for this week and welcome to the challenge Larson.
  • Options

Don't worry P66, there are bound to be setbacks & the occasional bad week. You are doing just fine.

As to choice of Charity, please go with Graham's choice.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Don't worry P66, there are bound to be setbacks & the occasional bad week. You are doing just fine.

As to choice of Charity, please go with Graham's choice.

Yes mine also P66.

Very kind of you.

I think after we get the £1 for Lb donations, thanks largely to all your donations too, we should pass the £1K mark, which is just awesome!

TY all.

P.S. If anyone's weight is different tomorrow than last Friday, can you post your weight as of 1st May so we can calculate figures. If I don't hear anything I will go by Friday 27th April weigh ins.