You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Not on The Nine o'Clock News

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Mr Phil needs to get his head around the fact that what might be deemed a serious illness,needs several drugs.Any severe illness. Even a standard antihistamine has several ingredients in it.
    I’d doubt you’d go into hospital for any illness and only receive the one drug.

Anyway, you’ve been warned. Poor quality, but sends the message.

Jabs that don’t stop transmission are the future.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    All jabs reduce (not eliminate) transmission. That is the past, the present, and the future.

Covid is only a severe illness for the minority.

For all of us, choices have to be made. For example:-

1. All the evidence shows the various Covid jabs reduce risk at every stage-catching it, severity, hospitalisation, and death. Reduce. Not remove. Everyone's choice whether they wish to be more likely to get it, pass it on, die etc.

2. Likewise, it's a choice what to take to take when have moderate Covid. For me, it was analgesics and paracetamol. Because the headaches and temperature surges came in waves. If you think you are better off taking a medicine designed for treating parasitic worms and head lice, go ahead.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Essexphil said:

All jabs reduce (not eliminate) transmission. That is the past, the present, and the future.

Covid is only a severe illness for the minority.

For all of us, choices have to be made. For example:-

1. All the evidence shows the various Covid jabs reduce risk at every stage-catching it, severity, hospitalisation, and death. Reduce. Not remove. Everyone's choice whether they wish to be more likely to get it, pass it on, die etc.

2. Likewise, it's a choice what to take to take when have moderate Covid. For me, it was analgesics and paracetamol. Because the headaches and temperature surges came in waves. If you think you are better off taking a medicine designed for treating parasitic worms and head lice, go ahead.

I think the parasitic worm drugs would be good for chillywilly ;)
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited November 2021
    A fair study. Guessing about 300million involved. All with nits.
    Banned ivermectin in the USA. And the WHO said there was no cure for Sars2 .

• Options
    chilling said:

A fair study. Guessing about 300million involved. All with nits.
    Banned ivermectin in the USA. And the WHO said there was no cure for Sars2 .

Try reading any of the fact checkers. All of which rate this as false.

Highlights:-

Ignores the fact that ivermectin tried there earlier than this. To no effect.
    The Indian Government says this is false
    Various large population centres in the region have not only reported no deaths from Covid. They have reported no deaths at all. From any cause.

Only 2 possible outcomes:-

1. The lack of testing and reporting makes this study totally false; or
    2. Uttar Pradesh has discovered the secret to Eternal Life

For some reason, all the experts seem to be going for Option 1...
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    "Factcheckers"

Just a reminder the phony fact checkers rated this statement by President Trump as “false.”

• Options
  • Options
    More media lies

• Options
    edited November 2021
    VespaPX said:

More media lies

I don't see why that is "media lies". Looks to me very much like balanced reporting.

He did shoot dead 3 protestors, the first 2 of which were unarmed.

He did claim to having travelled to attend primarily in case his first-aiding skills were needed. I don't understand why he brought a gun with him, why he believed it was proportionate to shoot unarmed men, but that is not the point.

The jury did believe him. Or, to be rather more legally accurate, they were not satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that he was guilty of murder.

Whichever way this trial went, the losing side would be howling that it was unfair. That is part and parcel of the "toxic politics" in the US. On all sides. Would have been the same report if it had gone the other way. Just replace "Republican" with "Democrat" and "Prosecutor" with "Defence Lawyer"

Take, for example, the Prosecutor here. Various reasons he could have lost. Some would look bad on him-for example (depending on your viewpoint) the case should never have been brought or he should have been found guilty but the prosecutor was rubbish. But no-the loser always blames someone else, usually the system. Would have been exactly the same if it had gone the other way.

The US legal system (or, more accurately, its 51 legal systems) are not perfect. But just to blame it all on politics and race is nonsense. O J Simpson, anyone?
  • Options
    Read it again Phil
    "shot three black men"
    They were white.

Also you say he shot dead 3 protesters, only 2 died.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2021
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    VespaPX said:

Link to the actual Tweet, please Mick. Or the Twitter Account.

Thanks.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,030
    Tikay10 said:

VespaPX said:

Link to the actual Tweet, please Mick. Or the Twitter Account.

Thanks.
    Former Yorkshire County Cricket player and whistleblower Azeem Rafiq has been accused of sending “vulgar” messages to a teenage girl six years ago.

Gayathri Ajith said he sent the inappropriate Whatsapp messages to her in December 2015, three months after they met on a flight from Manchester to Dubai.

Ms Ajith, who was 16-years-old when they met, said she told the professional cricketer she was 17 to “seem a bit older” and agreed to have a vodka coke with him on the plane, but turned down an invitation to have dinner with him in Dubai.

Screenshots of messages from a number belonging to Mr Rafiq, sent in December 2015, read: "u know what I wanted to do on the plane?" and "I want to grab you push u up against wall and kiss you".

When she said "do you realise that I'm only 17?" she was asked: "Does tht mean it not allowed to want to kiss me" and “Wud u have let me kiss u?”.

Ms Ajith, who is now 22 and lives in Yorkshire, described his message as "creepy" and was so perturbed by Mr Rafiq, she asked: "How do I know that you're no some absolute pervert"?.

She told The Yorkshire Post: “I was just kind of shocked by the crudity of those messages. They were just so vulgar.

“I'm not disputing any of his racism claims, because I'm sure they're very true experiences. But certain aspects of what he said just don't really sit right with me.

“If he was being forced to drink by his teammates, then surely that wouldn’t then mean he would be drinking alone on a flight and encouraging a 17-year-old girl to be drinking with him."

She added: “His behaviour towards me was a direct contradiction really of what he said in his testimony.

“He's calling for equality and respect, but why is he not embodying that in all aspects? Especially in his tone towards women. It’s hypocrisy.

“He is being put on this pedestal for inciting systemic change, but he's really contributing to the problem of the vulgar attitudes towards women. The whole nature of that doesn’t sit right with me.”

A spokesman for Mr Rafiq said: “This was put to us late on a Friday evening. We need to look into this, so cannot comment further for now.”
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

@lucy4

Thank you, but it's the quoted Tweet I'm interested in.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    He said, she said, they said.?

Azeem Rafiq apologises over racist comments he made 11 years ago.
  • Options
    About sums up the media