You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,038
    The stupid British keep lying to themselves about immigrants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVGEyye3i7o
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    https://youtu.be/pjTBNKzldS0
    FREXIT coming soon, and still hazy remainers will want to stay in the eu :D:D:D
  • Options
    'This is not project fear this is project reality'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4dvBNInpo
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/sb4j9xiszAA
    The whole story, not just cherry picked. :)
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2019
    HAYSIE said:

And the main point to take out of that video ...is Brexit is being used as an excuse whenever any business decides to restructure ( as they have done throughout the years and will continue to do ) .....I genuinely believe that remainers are now becoming a laughing stock in the minds of most rational people.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:
    Shock and horror, big business leaders want to stay in the crumbling eu. :):):)
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

And the main point to take out of that video ...is Brexit is being used as an excuse whenever any business decides to restructure ( as they have done throughout the years and will continue to do ) .....I genuinely believe that remainers are now becoming a laughing stock in the minds of most rational people.
    I have previously made my thoughts about the stuff you, and your mates usually post, extremely clear. They are not only my thoughts, as the last time you were involved on this thread, Tikay had to intervene.

I have no wish for a repeat of that.

Much of the time when you and your mates are involved any debate seems to turn into a pantomime.

No its not, yes it is, oh no its not, oh yes it is, oh no its not, oh yes it is, heeeeeeeeees beeeeeeeeeeeeehind you.

If you wish to have a serious debate about Brexit, I am quite happy to do so.

You could start by listing the benefits that you think we will gain from Brexit and we can debate them.

I made my thoughts clear on the debate shown on The Pledge, yesterday. You could dispute them, and we will have a debate.

Your mate wrote off quite a comprehensive post I wrote yesterday, with "mostly scaremongering remainer bs", and then disappeared, that is not a debate. A debate is about presenting another side of a discussion with coherent arguments.

If you don't wish to do this, then you can carry on with your sniping, and I will just continue to ignore your posts.

I am fine with whatever you decide.
  • Options

Not quite the full story.

He omitted a couple of facts.

He brought up that setting up a new line would cost millions, which they would now save. This is not true, as The Government agreed to give them £80million. They will now presumably have to cover their set up costs in Japan themselves.

Japan have just done a deal with the EU.

Anyone that would suggest that Brexit was not a contributory factor, is clearly not paying attention.

In 2016 they agreed to manufacture in Sunderland, and some of the issues he brought up were applicable the, like the diesel etc, they have now decided to change their minds.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:
    Are you seriously claiming to know better than those who run big businesses?

Brexit is likely to turn big businesses into small ones.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

I have previously made my thoughts about the stuff you, and your mates usually post, extremely clear. They are not only my thoughts, as the last time you were involved on this thread, Tikay had to intervene.

Much of the time when you and your mates are involved any debate seems to turn into a pantomime.

No its not, yes it is, oh no its not, oh yes it is, oh no its not, oh yes it is, heeeeeeeeees beeeeeeeeeeeeehind you.

You could start by listing the benefits that you think we will gain from Brexit and we can debate them.

I made my thoughts clear on the debate shown on The Pledge, yesterday. You could dispute them, and we will have a debate.

Your mate wrote off quite a comprehensive post I wrote yesterday, with "mostly scaremongering remainer bs", and then disappeared, that is not a debate. A debate is about presenting another side of a discussion with coherent arguments.

If you don't wish to do this, then you can carry on with your sniping, and I will just continue to ignore your posts.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Are you addressing me or Rainman ? ...you quoted one of my responses , but seem to be talking to him .
    Either way , this thread isn't and never has been a debate , just mainly you spouting a load of remain propaganda .....if you genuinely want a debate then you shouldn't be trying to shut down anyone , like you obviously are .
    Noone seems really interested in presenting a leave argument , and I don't like the idea of a thread which is so patently one sided , hence my input ....which as per normal you seem eager to quash and dismiss , just because you don't really want any other opinions .
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Sir James Dyson and Tim Martin, ring any bells.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Not sure what that is supposed to mean.
  • Options

>Are you seriously claiming to know better than those who run big businesses?

Are you haysie seriously claiming to know better than those who run big businesses. ( Sir James Dyson and Tim Martin)
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Are you addressing me or Rainman ? ...you quoted one of my responses , but seem to be talking to him .
    Either way , this thread isn't and never has been a debate , just mainly you spouting a load of remain propaganda .....if you genuinely want a debate then you shouldn't be trying to shut down anyone , like you obviously are .
    Noone seems really interested in presenting a leave argument , and I don't like the idea of a thread which is so patently one sided , hence my input ....which as per normal you seem eager to quash and dismiss , just because you don't really want any other opinions .
    It doesn't seem to make much of a difference which one of you is addressed.

Neither of you seem keen to enter into any debate.

You continue to make the same criticisms about the thread, yet you keep posting on it.

If you could be bothered to justify your comment that I quoted then maybe it would be more of a debate. You just ignore reasonable comments, and most questions

I welcome alternative opinions, but you don't seem to have any that you are prepared to express.

Just creating arguments does not improve the thread.

I am not quashing or dismissing anything, on the contrary you are.

If you take the comment that you made, that I referred to, that was half a sentence of nonsense, which was in response to a post where I had taken the time to many points.

If you were interested in a debate you wouldn't have responded as you did.

You would have disputed the post with a coherent argument on a point by point basis.

I questioned a number of your recent posts, and you are so keen to debate them, you just disappeared.

I would welcome alternative, thought out opinions.

You will spend all day arguing about shopping, and ignore the more important stuff that is going on.
  • Options

>Are you seriously claiming to know better than those who run big businesses?

Are you haysie seriously claiming to know better than those who run big businesses. ( Sir James Dyson and Tim Martin)

James Dyson has been heavily criticised over his Brexit stance.
    Tim Martin has continually lied about Brexit.
    However the CBI represents 190,00 businesses, and is obligated to put forward their views.
    I didn't claim to know better than anyone.
    I just posted a CBI interview which you disputed.

What would make you quote their names in regard to Brexit?

What particularly impresses you about anything either of them have said about Brexit?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Nothing to say on this?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Not quite the full story.

He omitted a couple of facts.

He brought up that setting up a new line would cost millions, which they would now save. This is not true, as The Government agreed to give them £80million. They will now presumably have to cover their set up costs in Japan themselves.

Japan have just done a deal with the EU.

Anyone that would suggest that Brexit was not a contributory factor, is clearly not paying attention.

In 2016 they agreed to manufacture in Sunderland, and some of the issues he brought up were applicable the, like the diesel etc, they have now decided to change their minds.
    Or this?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

It doesn't seem to make much of a difference which one of you is addressed.

Neither of you seem keen to enter into any debate.

You continue to make the same criticisms about the thread, yet you keep posting on it.

If you could be bothered to justify your comment that I quoted then maybe it would be more of a debate. You just ignore reasonable comments, and most questions

I welcome alternative opinions, but you don't seem to have any that you are prepared to express.

Just creating arguments does not improve the thread.

I am not quashing or dismissing anything, on the contrary you are.

If you take the comment that you made, that I referred to, that was half a sentence of nonsense, which was in response to a post where I had taken the time to many points.

If you were interested in a debate you wouldn't have responded as you did.

You would have disputed the post with a coherent argument on a point by point basis.

I questioned a number of your recent posts, and you are so keen to debate them, you just disappeared.

I would welcome alternative, thought out opinions.

You will spend all day arguing about shopping, and ignore the more important stuff that is going on.
    One doesn't have to rationale ones thinking to enter a so called debate ....the fact that you don't agree with others opinions doesn't make them any less valid , nor does the fact that people can't be arsed to validate or rationale it . I find it amusing that the king of arguing for the sake it , doesn't appreciate differing opinions on his thread .
    Whoever said that people have to necessarily reason out their comments ? ...some of us actually have other things to do with our time , than devote it your ego stroking .
    The thread is about Brexit , you have your opinions , others like me will have mine and unless it's your intention to try your best to get us shut down , simply becvause we disagree with you , then the nature of the thread will continue to be one opinion against another . No one has to validate their opinions , there aren't any rules with thread posts that suggest such .
    I now suggest we get back to the subject of Brexit !