You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

** BLUE MOON JACKPOT CLUB **

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    Good try Graham,appreciate all the work you put in.

My Motto:
    If at first you don't succeed,try and try again.
    You got to be in it ,to win it.
    Wynne or loose.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Wynne, it would have been quite exciting if the races were run in reverse order.

Would have been able to hedge too.

When you bust 2nd leg it's easy to think we were no where near, when actually we weren't that far away.

I guess the near misses will keep us coming back. (For a while anyway)

We do get 5 winners in one of the perms quite often, so hopefully one day in the not too distant future, we'll break through again. :=)
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    StayOrGo said:

Hi guys. I know it has been quite a costly few days for us all.

However I wanted to thank all those who helped with the process. A lot of effort went into the various attempts and it wasn't to be.

There have been some very tough cards and results. Normally we wouldn't go for it in these situations, but when there is the lure of an £800,000 prize pool it's hard to let it pass.

Going forward, after we have licked our wounds, I am looking forward to a bit of a break from it, followed by some renewed enthusiasm for an attempt where all the criteria is met, even if it is not as a big of a roll over.

Thanks again for your support, it's not been great I know, especially when we bust so early. So I appreciate the unity that people have shown.

Here's to better times.

G

Good work again G, you certainly put a lot of effort in to this, as you say " Here's to better times "
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    Thanks G for the crack and all the effort you put in, mention must be made of roger and alan who have a high workload when we go for it as well.

It is fun and one day we will get the luck our effort deserves.

Keep smiling all, we are not a bad team
  • Options
    vaigret said:

Thanks G for the crack and all the effort you put in, mention must be made of roger and alan who have a high workload when we go for it as well.

It is fun and one day we will get the luck our effort deserves.

Keep smiling all, we are not a bad team

+1
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the kind comments guys.

It's tricky sometimes trying to get the balance between NAPS and STATISTICS and to be fair I probably statistically should have had MAJESTIC MAV and FORSEE in two perm each not one.

Although non of us NAP'd these horses, so I was concerned that if I moved away from the NAPS/NB too much and the NAPS came in, then I'd probably be in for some stick as to why they were not covered more fully.

The problem with LEG1 was than all 8 of us (excluding V's Z selection) had gone for the same three horses in what was an extremely open race.

It would have been statistical suicide to only do these three horses, so I tried to incorporate others, but I didn't incorporate them enough imo. (Although clearly if one of the three NAPS had won, I wouldn't be typing this post)

Anyway, it's just to point out that, if my final perm selections sometimes don't look like a true reflection of the NAPS, that's because I am trying to create a "hybrid" based on statistics and our own NAPS.

Of course it may well happen one time, that we bust because I don't stick solely to NAPS, although hopefully the reverse will also happen sometimes. I thought it worth explaining this.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    Glad you put them in one to be honest as we finished closer than we would have without them. Just unlucky you hadnt put them in the same perm LOL
  • Options
    Indeed yes. I am going to try and keep track of results when the criteria is met (but not enough rollover)

I would "suggest" that if two favourites come in at 2/1 or less and the rest of the winners were "single figures", that in all likelihood with our perm structure, we would have succeeded.

Of course I can't say for sure without us going through the whole process which would be too much work.

Anyway, I am working on a sheet now, that I will post here:
  • Options
    Hi guys, we have £8.90 in the petty cash, so to close things off, I suggest we do the following:

Whoever has the best P&L with tomorrow's (Friday's) two selections will pick the horses for Saturday.

I will then put an £8.90 treble on their three Saturday NAP's.

If the treble comes off, I will divi out the returns in line with the Member shares for the last attempt.

I'll assume that unless I hear otherwise that that is OK, otherwise I need to bank transfer people 18p per share, which is a lot of admin for a few pennies.
  • Options
    Like it.
  • Options
    Agree
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Misty had the best returns today, so I will do a £8.90 win treble on his three selections tomorrow, if he doesn't submit any selections by mid-day, then the treble will be on MK's three selections as he was 2nd today, same P&L as me and Wynne, but his other horse was 2nd so would go to him on a tie break.

Cheers,

G

P.S. With this in mind Misty, MK if you could please do your NAPS by mid-day, that'd be great.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Just in case I oversleep or something silly like that, the £8.90 treble won't be "ON" until I post the bet receipt here, which, assuming the bet is on, I will make sure I post the receipt here at least 30 minutes before the first selection runs.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032
    Agree
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I know it is no consolation , especially to Graham , but just so you all know how hard he is being on himself with the reviewing of the syndicate, our recent tries, how to improve and giving himself extra work as well.

Here is some news from another. The Southwell Jackpot was hard and the ScoopSix superclub with a big investment couldnt get it so they went in hard on the Tuesday at Epsom. Their Albatross syndicate chucked £7000 at it and didnt get close and their £12500 member special Epsom Jackpot attempt only managed 3 x 5 winner lines. Bearing in mind we got one in my book that was no disaster

Good luck all for the future.

V
  • Options
    OK. Here is the receipt for the £8.90 treble on Misty's selections.

GL Misty and us!

Bet Confirmation - DG0492924221I - Internet Time of bet: 01/09/2018 00:53:27
    No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
    1 Veracious
    3.00 Sandown (Race 3)
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream 01/09/2018 None
    8/11
    To Run
    2 Duretto
    3.15 Chester (Race 3)
    (Win and Each Way)
    5/6
    To Run
    3 Majestic Touch
    4.15 Newton Abbot (Race 5)
    (Win and Each Way)
    3/1
    To Run
    Multiples
    Bet Type No.of Bets Unit Stake Total Stake To Return Return
    Trebles 1 8.90 8.90 112.73 Not Available
    Stake: 8.90 To Return: 112.73
  • Options
    Woo hoo.

Nice one Misty!
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    YIIPPPPPEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!! :):)
  • Options
    wELL DONE MISTY, never in doubt LOL what a ride from johnson and nice price
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited September 2018
    StayOrGo said:

Woo hoo.

Nice one Misty!

CHEERS G. and V. .....Yeh GREAT price, I feared it might not be fully fit with it drifting so much, but it looks like Philip Hobbs' horses are in much better form this Season, which means he will have lots of well handicapped horses :)

It jumped badly but at least it had Richard JOHNSON on top.