You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

** BLUE MOON JACKPOT CLUB **

Comments

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    Formal receipt of winning bet below:

Bet Confirmation - AG8085652421I - Internet Time of bet: 02/09/2018 11:35:35
    No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
    1 Pour La Victoire
    3.00 Brighton (Race 3)
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream 02/09/2018 None
    4/1
    Won
    Best Odds applied, price updated to SP.
    2 Miss Celestial
    3.30 Brighton (Race 4)
    (Win and Each Way)
    2/1
    Won
    3 G For Ginger
    4.15 Worcester (Race 5)
    (Win and Each Way)
    9/2
    Lost
    4 Roy Rocket
    4.30 Brighton (Race 6)
    (Win and Each Way)
    5/2
    Lost
    5 De Vegas Kid
    5.00 Brighton (Race 7)
    (Win and Each Way)
    4/1
    Won
    Best Odds applied, original price subject to Rule 4 deduction.
    Multiples
    Bet Type No.of Bets Unit Stake Total Stake To Return Return
    Trebles 10 2.50 25.00 187.50
    Stake: 25.00 Return: 187.50
    All bets are accepted and settled in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Rules.
  • Options
    vaigret said:

Well done Zadoc lovely 4-1 and to Graham for putting our best three winners in same perm. Same again Friday ?

Lol, typed at the same time. I guess we are quite similar. :=)
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    StayOrGo said:

vaigret said:

Well done Zadoc lovely 4-1 and to Graham for putting our best three winners in same perm. Same again Friday ?

Thats the blo ody problem G
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    One thing I may do slightly different on Friday, but will take your advisement. A couple of horses, ROY ROCKET for one, was a big drifter over-night and I didn't want to put it in as many perms, but it had been well NAP'd and I'd promised guys that I would go by NAP's only.

In situations like that on Friday, if I notice a horse is a big drifter, can I reduce the number of perms that it is in, without being lynched by those that NAP'd it if it comes in?

I appreciate that a couple of the winners also drifted, so by no means an exact science.
  • Options
    I would say the perming structure is up to you and as long as a persons nap is in at least one perm , perhaps two they should be happy
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited September 2018
    vaigret said:

I would say the perming structure is up to you and as long as a persons nap is in at least one perm , perhaps two they should be happy

+1 ....and post your Naps too G.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    MISTY4ME said:

vaigret said:

+1 ....and post your Naps too G.
    OK cool. The problem with posting my own NAPS is that I didn't want to "subconsciously" end up giving extra weight to my opinions than to those of others. Which I was worried might happen if I looked at the form, so I didn't look at it at all.
  • Options
    I would say put your naps in as all of us but if you worried about that . Wait until you have done bet and then look at it then. Allows you your naps, not NR's JOKE !!!!!, without the influence problem

V
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032
    StayOrGo said:

vaigret said:

Yup same again Friday
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I was thinking about including doubles as well next time, which, with five selections, would make them bets that they used to call a "Super Yankee." A Super Yankee consists of 26 bets, namely, 10, doubles, 10 trebles, 5 four folds and one accumulator.

The "Super Yankee" is now not so popular as people tend to do a "LUCKY 31" instead now which includes singles. This is more popular as it includes the "double the odds" one winner consolation. So basically if I am thinking about going down to doubles, then I should probably do LUCKY 31's instead.

Had we done LUCKY 31's staked proportionally, instead on trebles upwards we would have made slightly more (probably about 50% more) than we did, but of course we would have still got some returns if only one or two won.

My thinking is that if we do LUCKY 31's and only get one or two winners, then the shrapnel from that could be used to do a win treble again on the Saturday, by whoever does best on the Friday. If we get three winners in one perm, we'd still likely make a good profit. Four or Five and it's dividend time!

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    all depends what we want out of it, more chance of returns going down to doubles or more chance to win bigger by being able to stake more on trebles or four folds +. I favour second but dont mind.

Will go with majority.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    vaigret said:

all depends what we want out of it, more chance of returns going down to doubles or more chance to win bigger by being able to stake more on trebles or four folds +. I favour second but dont mind.

Will go with majority.

Yes what it boils down to is this:

If there are one, two or three winners in any of the perms then we will get more by doing LUCKY 31's than trebles upwards.

If there are four or five winners in a perm, then whilst we would still win a lot with the LUCKY 31's we would indeed, as you say Vaigret, win more by just doing treble's upwards.

Getting 4+ winners in a perm is possible but unlikely, so it depends on whether we want go for broke or not?

Doing Lucky 31's does give someone the opportunity to do a "MISTY SPECIAL" the following day, in the event of one or two winners only.

However, as you say, I am happy to go with the majority. It depends whether people want to be done with it either way by Friday, (ie dividend or bust) in which case the more high variance trebles and upwards would be the way to go.

Like you, I will go with the majority.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    Hi guys, we'll put this to the vote before Friday.

Please can you read the above few posts and reply either, "TREBLES UPWARDS ONLY" or "LUCKY 31's."

Vaigret and I are happy to go with the majority. So no problem whichever you prefer is fine.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited September 2018
    Being a more cautious type I would go for Canadian is it?? 26 bets starting with doubles..... I don't think there's much point in having singles.... hopefully we can get more than 1 winner. But I'm not in Syndicate so defo not my choice what to do. GOOD LUCK GUYS whatever the decision is
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    The bet that bookies do not like is a patent.
    If you have 5 selections, you have 10 patents, 70 bets.
    Usually pays well.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    MISTY4ME said:

Being a more cautious type I would go for Canadian is it?? 26 bets starting with doubles..... I don't think there's much point in having singles.... hopefully we can get more than 1 winner. But I'm not in Syndicate so defo not my choice what to do. GOOD LUCK GUYS whatever the decision is

Hi Mist. A Canadian is the same as the Super Yankee I referred to earlier. In my mind if doing a Canadian then you should really do a LUCKY 31 as the promotion gives DOUBLE THE ODDS if just one winner and a 15% bonus if all 5 win, which is something you don't get with a Canadian. A "Canadian" and "Super Yankee" are the same thing. The double the odds one winner is the +ev part of the bet and is a loss-leader for the bookies. Ie they lose overall on the singles aspects of the bet, but make money out of the doubles upwards aspect. So doing a Canadian, is similar to doing a LUCKY 31 but missing out on the +ev bits.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    wynne1938 said:

Usually pays well.

Problem with permed patents is that there are then no four folds and five folds, so if you get 4 or 5 winners, you don't win as big, plus the fact that, unlike the LUCKY 31, there is no double the odds consolation on the individual patents for lines where there is one winner.

If you like permed patents Wynne, I would suggest that you maybe do PERMED LUCKY 15's as it works in a similar way to a permed patent, but you get double the odds one winner in all the combinations that only have one winner and also a 10% bonus for perms get 4 winners or more

Anyhow for the BLUE_MOON bets, I am still in the "TREBLES UPWARDS" or "LUCKY 31" camp, it's just a case of which.

If no-one votes on the above, we will go with Vaigret's "TREBLES UPWARDS" opinion which was the same as we did last time.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Unsure what to vote on, so will go with the majority or just trust Terry's or Graham's better judgement on this.
  • Options
    DollieDollie Member Posts: 706
    StayOrGo said:

wynne1938 said:

Usually pays well.

Problem with permed patents is that there are then no four folds and five folds, so if you get 4 or 5 winners, you don't win as big, plus the fact that, unlike the LUCKY 31, there is no double the odds consolation on the individual patents for lines where there is one winner.

If you like permed patents Wynne, I would suggest that you maybe do PERMED LUCKY 15's as it works in a similar way to a permed patent, but you get double the odds one winner in all the combinations that only have one winner and also a 10% bonus for perms get 4 winners or more

Anyhow for the BLUE_MOON bets, I am still in the "TREBLES UPWARDS" or "LUCKY 31" camp, it's just a case of which.

If no-one votes on the above, we will go with Vaigret's "TREBLES UPWARDS" opinion which was the same as we did last time.

Cheers,

G
    I support the trebles upwards

• Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    it's a close call but would prefer LUCKY 31