You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky's number one streamer/ youtuber. Regitime poker (The--Don) asked to stop media

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    Hi @BarrattG1 ,

I have been at the receiving end of The_dons nasty snide comments aimed at people on his table, so, any post that tries to promote his worthyness will meet my personal brickwall.

Hes not my champion and he has insulted TK in the past , hes a complete cad.

• Options
    H3nryH3nry Member Posts: 39
    This e-mail looks like a hoax.
    Some good advertising for regi though.
  • Options
    bearlytherbearlyther Member Posts: 1,757
    So all youtubers and presumably twitch streamers showing tables from sky poker are now banned completely because it shows players alias's and betting styles according to the email? Would be good to get some kind clarity on that in an announcement so everyone is aware if that is indeed the the case.

I personally enjoy your videos and hope you will be able to continue with them.
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    I mod for quite a few poker pro's on twitch and there's a fine line between berating players and educating the people that watch the actual twitch stream/you tube channels. Most of those that I mod on explain why they are taking the line they are taking and what to do in a certain situation. You never berate a player or players you are on the table with. Don't forget that they have paid to play the game and they can play how ever they like. It should be for education, not to give advice on how to play against other players/regs on here.
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    @bearlyther If the Sky people actually responded to emails, by PM or by this thread, we could perhaps have some clarity.

I think they're in danger of setting a precedent here that they might want to rethink. Fair enough, I haven't done much to please them and they probably want to teach me a lesson but if that prevents other, more PC players from doing similar in future, it's not a good position for them to put themselves in.

I also doubt they were expecting as many positive responses to my content than they have seen. I still hope they will row back from the position set out in the email but for that to happen, they actually need to get back in touch, which isn't necessarily likely to happen given it has been 48 hours since I wrote to them.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865
    Have you watched Regi's content @Darkangel7 ?
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    edited July 2018
    I just got an email to about my twitch stream, please tell me that’s a wind up? I was always respectful to every player on sky poker. Please confirm it’s a sky email and it’s legit.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    JJBinks said:

I just got an email to about my twitch stream, please tell me that’s a wind up? I was always respectful to every player on sky poker. Please confirm it’s a sky email and it’s legit.

Thats really bad. You only took the p**s out of me lol
  • Options
    @JJBinks Is it similar, or the same to the one I got?
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited July 2018
    JJBinks said:

Sigh :\ Don't think I ever watched your streams but that's a shame if Sky are taking this line with all streamers and there isn't a reason for what has happened to @The--Don . Also a huge business fail IMO.

You have to question if the person making that decision understands where Poker is at in 2018 if they're trying to stop all people streaming their site. If it's everybody who has produced YouTube/Twitch content then I don't get it at all - IMO it would be the worst Poker related business decision I've seen since that guy tried to start up ISPT a few years back. If Sky have taken this line then I'd love to hear the reasoning behind it.

The cynic in me wonders if, now that Sky is owned by TSG, whether there is some desire for Stars (and only Stars) to be where you go to play against your favourite Twitch streamers. Just thinking out loud as I've ran out of logical reasons why this would happen to more than one individual.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    it doesn't look like dons email, so thats why I need confirmation its a bit more basic so could be some BS asking sky to confirm please.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

JJBinks said:

Thats really bad. You only took the p**s out of me lol
    best bit was taking the **** out of you :)
  • Options
    JJBinks said:

it doesn't look like dons email, so that why I need confirmation its a bit more basic so could be some BS asking sky to confirm please.

Did you and @The--Don receive it from the same e-mail address? I think Tikay's response "strongly" advising him to reply to the e-mail all but confirms the e-mail to Paul is legit.
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    EvilPingu said:

JJBinks said:

it doesn't look like dons email, so that why I need confirmation its a bit more basic so could be some BS asking sky to confirm please.

Did you and @The--Don receive it from the same e-mail address? I think Tikay's response "strongly" advising him to reply to the e-mail all but confirms the e-mail to Paul is legit.
    Without wanting to get too Columbo about this, I thought the bolded* part below (my bolding*) in Tikay's response threw the legitimacy of the email into question:

My (strong) advice would be to reply to the e-Mail you apparently received.

*these aren't proper words, btw, apparently
  • Options
    spoke to a few regs before this thread started to say that I would play a few days cash on stream this week to kill some time (sure they will confirm that if needed) but then got the email today and obv don't want my account shut down. so some kind of conformation would be great please.
  • Options
    EvilPingu said:

JJBinks said:

don't know what email his was from.
  • Options
    SR23 said:

Without wanting to get too Columbo about this, I thought the bolded* part below (my bolding*) in Tikay's response threw the legitimacy of the email into question:

My (strong) advice would be to reply to the e-Mail you apparently received.

*these aren't proper words, btw, apparently

I didn't pick up on that :open_mouth: Troll definitely is plausible when the original e-mail looked like it was written by an 8 year old and the whole spot defies logic from Sky's point of view.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    'from' email addresses mean diddly.
  • Options
    support@skybet.com via p4xc9nfkkiquem.0y-33a88uaa.eu11.bnc.salesforce.com

That was the full address that I received the email from.
  • Options