You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Glasgow. If you hope to qualify, please read this.

Comments

• Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited September 2018
    So if I win my allotted 4 seats but horror of horrors, manage to not bust out on either day one and have two qualifying stacks through, who keeps the money for the other two seats? Who keeps the reg fees as part of those seats?

FWIW while I have been known for sats for cash on a lot of big events, I have never done it for SPTs out of principle of what those events are about, to me at least.
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    edited September 2018
    TommyD said:

So if I win my allotted 4 seats but horror of horrors, manage to not bust out on either day one and have two qualifying stacks through, who keeps the money for the other two seats? Who keeps the reg fees as part of those seats?

FWIW while I have been known for sats for cash on a lot of big events, I have never done it for SPTs out of principle of what those events are about, to me at least.

From what has been said on this thread and on facebook chat it appears that Sky themselves keep the 2 x £220 extra you don't need. It doesn't even make it as far as the prize pool as you'd only have registered once per day.

I think point 4 covers it...... - per Tikay - "To be absolutely clear, players will NOT get cash for any seats they win that they don't need or don't use, & they cannot be carried forward to a future SPT. "
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    HANSON said:

surely this thread should of been in the sky poker tour thread, not the poker chat thread its like it was hoped to be over looked by some

I would say the exact opposite is true. Poker Chat is the most read/posted to thread on the forum. More people will see it here.
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    IrishRose said:

TommyD said:

From what has been said on this thread and on facebook chat it appears that Sky themselves keep the 2 x £220 extra you don't need. It doesn't even make it as far as the prize pool as you'd only have registered once per day. I think point 4 covers it....
    I read it as at least the non reg fee portion would go into the prize pool. If that's not the case either then that doesn't feel great.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,022
    HANSON said:

surely this thread should of been in the sky poker tour thread, not the poker chat thread its like it was hoped to be over looked by some

Oh my Lord.......

When folks think & write stuff like that, it blows me away.

Umm, no, I don't try to hide anything. If I wanted to hide it, I would not have even posted it on the Forum. I posted it in Poker Chat so as to ensure everyone sees it.

Whatever makes you think I'd do something like that? Sheesh.
  • Options

Whoa guys, hold up a sec please.

I've spoken to the Office & it looks like there was a bit of mis-communication this morning.

Give me a few mo's please, I'll BRB.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    I must admit I am confused by some of the reactions here.

People who cant play sats for cash won't go now? Was sats for the cash really the only way people could cover accommodation and travel costs before?

As a rec I am hoping this will mean less regs in the satellites hence more chance for me to qualify so I guess I am happy with the change, especially as I am actually going to try and qualify this time (giving myself 10 QF bullets).

The rules are there for all to see and you can chose how to play (or not) as you see fit.

Should I get a seat, for travel costs it would make sense to use it on day 1b. I would then try and qualify for a day 1a ticket. I suppose it would be handy to have one re-entry but 2 with a use it or lose it policy seems a bit of a risk.

PS @Tikay10 I think the jury is out on just how "welcome" the change is, but for SPTs it has a plus 1 from me.

• Options

Guys,

There was a bit of a comms error this morning, sorry.

T & C #4 is going to be changed very shortly, & will then read something like this;

4. Any seat won through satellites not used during the SPT Glasgow may be used at a future SPT event of the same value. (2019 schedule tbc)

And before anyone asks, in the unlikely event that SPT does not run in 2019, then the value of those seats will be returned to the players as cash in their accounts.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

1. SPT Glasgow satellites will run from Monday 3rd September and will run until Sunday 30th September

2. By playing in the SPT Glasgow satellites players have the opportunity of winning a seat at the SPT Glasgow event from 12th - 14th October 2018.

3. Each player is eligible to win up to a maximum of 4 seats for SPT Glasgow. These can be used for Day 1a and Day 1b at a maximum of 2 per day.

4. Any seat won through satellites not used during the SPT Glasgow event will be forfeit.

This is, frankly, really poor.

We can all have differing views on sats for cash. Frankly, I think that the satellites will fail to run once the usual suspects are through, but that's Sky's problem.

I was in 2 minds as to whether to qualify for Glasgow. This makes up my mind for me-without the opportunity to win cash to pay for my rail fare (£100-plus) and hotel (ditto) it makes no financial sense to play.

I will not be the only person who feels that way. That's life-Sky are making a commercial decision there. Good luck trying to meet the guarantee, mind.

The bit that is madness is number 4. This goes against what every other tour is doing in the UK. Every other tour may have, say, 50-100 qualifiers. It allows people to earn qualifying tickets, and play whatever event they like. So, for example, I could play a qualifier this month, and play at Brighton next year.

This has nothing to do with the software limitations on Sky. Grosvenor, for example, have a manual list of ticket-holders. so, for example, had 2 tickets for the last Vic 25/25, only used 1. I didn't forfeit the other 1 because I didn't bust out.

So-where are we? Sky have a choice-to arrange for unused tickets to roll over, or to pocket the money. I for one will not play a single SPT qualifier while number 4 above is in place.

Popcorn!
    I also think rule number 4 here is disgusting.

I can just about understand this for the first entry on each day - If you play a 1a sat, win a seat then don't turn up, you forfeit the seat. If you sat into 1a and 1b then crush 1a, then you know you're forfeiting 1b some of the time before you registered the satellites.

But this system punishes people for winning a second seat in satellites then running well enough that they don't need to re-enter. If someone makes the effort to attend the event then that's frankly BS to pocket the 2nd entry £ in that spot.

I think even the practice of satelliting into 2 day 1s and forcing players to play 1b if they have a big stack after 1a is questionable, but at least you know where you stand on that if you choose to sat into multiple day 1s, and you can make an informed decision on whether it's worth satting into multiple day 1s or not based on how often you make day 2 and with what kind of stack.

If Sky are going to move away from "sats for cash" long term and implement a system like this, then there needs to at least be a tournament ticket system in place instead that allows players to store unused £220 tickets to facilitate such a move. I don't know if this is something that the new software is going to have whenever it's released, but I'd hold off until then before making such a change.

I was probably going to just direct BI in any case if I go to Glasgow. But as it stands, even if I go down the satellite route, I'll only play sats for one day 1 at most so that I can't lose out on a £220 seat.
  • Options

The T & C's on the SPT Glasgow page have now been amended as I suggested above, please see T & C # 4 here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-tour-glasgow

And to save you clicking - though I'm sure you will - it now states;

4. Any seat won through satellites not used during the SPT Glasgow may be used at a future SPT event of the same value. (2019 schedule tbd)
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    Tikay10 said:

Guys,

T & C #4 is going to be changed very shortly, & will then read something like this;

4. Any seat won through satellites not used during the SPT Glasgow may be used at a future SPT event of the same value. (2019 schedule tbc)

And before anyone asks, in the unlikely event that SPT does not run in 2019, then the value of those seats will be returned to the players as cash in their accounts.

Happiness is restored :smiley:
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    Comms error my butt hole.

Not quite so bad now at least.

Still not sure about coming to them in future though.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Guys,

I see that common sense has prevailed in the time I was making my post :P

So can I sat into Glasgow 10 times and have 8 or 9 tickets in reserve?
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    edited September 2018
    Tikay10 said:

Guys,

Glad to see the above post TK.

I don't have a problem with however Sky want to do it, however the value of un-used seats either has to go in the prize pool for SPT Glasgow or preferably be useable at a later time by the person who didn't use it for Glasgow. IE it should not and I am sure won't be kept by Sky.

So I am glad to see your latest update.

One question. If I win a seat or two, and don't go to Glasgow at all, can I use it for another SPT in the future. I think from what has bee said above, the answer is yes. So presumably we can win more than 4 as we are effectively playing for SPT Tournament Tickets, is that not the case? Or does the first one won, have to be used for Glasgow?

Cheers,

G
  • Options

Comms error my butt hole.

Not quite so bad now at least.

Still not sure about coming to them in future though.

Yeah snap calling "Comms error", seems more like the Office realised "Oh ****, we messed up on this one" and had to do a U-turn rather quickly.
  • Options
    EvilPingu said:

Tikay10 said:

Guys,

I see that common sense has prevailed in the time I was making my post :P

So can I sat into Glasgow 10 times and have 8 or 9 tickets in reserve?

No, T & C # 3 remains in place. It reads;

3. Each player is eligible to win up to a maximum of 4 seats for SPT Glasgow. These can be used for Day 1a and Day 1b at a maximum of 2 per day
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    As per my above post, if I win just one seat and don't go to Glasgow, can I use it for another SPT?
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

Tikay10 said:

Guys,

I don't have a problem with however Sky want to do it, however the value of un-used seats either has to go in the prize pool for SPT Glasgow or preferably be useable at a later time by the person who didn't use it for Glasgow. IE it should not and I am sure won't be kept by Sky.

One question. If I win a seat or two, and don't go to Glasgow at all, can I use it for another SPT in the future. I think from what has bee said above, the answer is yes. So presumably we can win more than 4 as we are effectively playing for SPT Tournament Tickets, is that not the case? Or does the first one won, have to be used for Glasgow?

Cheers,

G
    Your last para....

Not really Graham.

You can ONLY win up to 4 seats for SPT Glasgow. You can only carry over unused seats to the next SPT from any unused seats from Glasgow. So no, you cannot win more than 4 & these are not "effectively Tournament Tickets".

Tournament Tickets will never exist (imo....) on THIS piece of software, but I'd be very confident that they will exist on the next software platform we see here at Sky Poker.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

StayOrGo said:

Tikay10 said:

Guys,

Cheers,

G
    Your last para....

Not really Graham.

You can ONLY win up to 4 seats for SPT Glasgow. You can only carry over unused seats to the next SPT from any unused seats from Glasgow. So no, you cannot win more than 4 & these are not "effectively Tournament Tickets".

Tournament Tickets will never exist (imo....) on THIS piece of software, but I'd be very confident that they will exist on the next software platform we see here at Sky Poker.
    Simply put, you can win one re-entry for each day and carry it over if unused, correct?

I wouldn't be able to sat into 1a and 1b, be CL on day 1a then 'save' my 1b entry?
  • Options
    What if you have two seats but can only make day two and make day two with your first attempt?

Also this statement suggests that you don't have to use it for Glasgow at all.

"4. Any seat won through satellites not used during the SPT Glasgow may be used at a future SPT event of the same value. (2019 schedule tbc)"