You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SPT Glasgow. If you hope to qualify, please read this.

Comments

• Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 444
    Simply put, you can win one re-entry for each day and carry it over if unused, correct?

I wouldn't be able to sat into 1a and 1b, be CL on day 1a then 'save' my 1b entry?

You aren't winning seats for specific days now so yes you could choose not to play 1b and carry it over now. This system will give players more flexibility.

To answer the question are you just winning SPT seats rather than to a specific event the answer is no. You need to play the event you qualified for to be able to carry over any unused seats.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226

If you end up with an UNUSED DEAT at SPT Glasgow it will be carried forward to the next SPT of equivalent value. If such a thing never happens (next SPT of equivalent value) you will in due course receive a cash refund.

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    Hey Phantom66 ( or is it David Cameron?)

As one of the people who can't truly justify the costs without the sats for cash approach, even if I win two seats, I will struggle to pay for the trip...I know I'm not alone- the PM's are a little more vociferous that the public posts

I'm not a (very good) poker player who can 'hope' my skills can get me to cash in these tournaments; for me its about the experience of playing live and as important the people Ive met so far....

So back to the 'comms error'- well done Sky, its the sign of a mature, professional organisation that realises they've got it wrong for its customers and have gone 'some way' to compromising and amending their original position- congrats for that.

Also my strategy to try to win 4 seats is back on the agenda because it will save me money if i don't need to try to qualify for the NEXT SPT!! ( so beware SidV79!!0

Good luck to all who play from now on!!

ps Phantom..only 9 in last nights semi?-some of the main protagonists didn't buy in- so I also missed that chance to play in a good value semi with odds of 3/7 when I looked in for the 3 seats available....Ithink there will possibly be a number of sats cancelling as the volume of regs might not be there for semis to take place each nigh
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,136
    edited September 2018
    I do think some clarity is required as there does appear to be ambiguity.

I can't make Glasgow for example, but can I still play the GLASGOW SPT sats for future SPT entries?

I agree with the principle of putting something in place so that the "spirit" of the satellites is for SPT entry rather than cash, but it does not appear to have been very well thought out if I am honest, but appreciate what Sky is trying to achieve.
    edited September 2018

Guys, I will answer every question - (or James or Sam will) but please remember that Sky poker have & always will be 100% fair & open to all of it's players, that has always been the case & always will. Nobody is going to be diddled out of anything by Sky Poker, but if folks want to game the system well then yes, it gets awkward.

I started this thread to make absolutely sure everyone saw it, & included this in the thread title;

SPT Glasgow. If you hope to qualify, please read this.

So nobody is trying to hide anything, or sneak it away on a Board where it may not be seen.

As always, common-sense applies, & everyone will be treated fairly, as they always are on Sky Poker.

• TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    StayOrGo said:

I can't make Glasgow for example, but can I still play the GLASGOW SPT sats for future SPT entry?

I agree with the principle of putting something in place so that the "spirit" of the satellites is for SPT entry rather than cash, but it does not appear to have been very well thought out if I am honest, but appreciate what Sky is trying to achieve.

Gonna answer that and say no.

Players have gotta play ball here as well and not go for the angles. These sats are for Glasgow so play if you're going. The argument before was what was gonna happen with the money for seats won with good faith within the promo rules and that's been settled.

Players need to not try to angle the site and the site need to not try to angle the players imo. It's a partnership, common sense is your radar.
  • chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited September 2018
    Do you have to fire a bullet on 1b if you get through on 1a, assuming you have tickets spare?

Quite frankly I am concerned by the level of poor judgement shown with this attempted rule change. It shouldn't have to take an outpouring of disgust from every angle for sky to realise that stealing from players is a bad thing. Then a blatant lie when backtracking. I'm sure the ill will caused by this change will far outway any extra seats won by players who don't even play much on sky.
    StayOrGo said:

I can't make Glasgow for example, but can I still play the GLASGOW SPT sats for future SPT entries?

In my opinion, if you don't think you can attend SPT Glasgow, then I'd advise not playing the satellites for it.
    edited September 2018
    Yes, I am fine with that TD. It just wasn't clear.

I can't make Glasgow, so I know not to play the sats with that being the case. If it could be carried over to another SPT then I could play the sats.

Agree, the first seat at least should have to be for Glasgow, but just wanted the blurb to make that clear as it said any seat not used at Glasgow could be used at other SPT's. So probably need to add that the first seat won must be used at Glasgow.

Cheers,

G
    StayOrGo said:

Yes, I am fine with that TD. It just wasn't clear.

I can't make Glasgow, so I know not to play the sats with that being the case. If it could be carried over to another SPT then I could play the sats.

Agree, the first seat at least should have to be for Glasgow, but just wanted the blurb to make that clear.

Cheers,

G

Well at present, no announcement has been made (& to the best of my knowledge, no actual DECISION has been made) as to an SPT in 2019. All things being equal, the current thinking is that they wish to continue with SPT's.

With that in mind though, I don't think it makes sense to try to qualify for SPT Glasgow if you are not planning to attend.
    edited September 2018

Do you have to fire a bullet on 1b if you get through on 1a, assuming you have tickets spare?

Quite frankly I am concerned by the level of poor judgement shown with this attempted rule change. It shouldn't have to take an outpouring of disgust from every angle for sky to realise that stealing from players is a bad thing. Then a blatant lie when backtracking. I'm sure the ill will caused by this change will far outway any extra seats won by players who don't even play much on sky.

No - James answered that 7 or 8 posts back, he wrote;

"You aren't winning seats for specific days now so yes you could choose not to play 1b and carry it over now"

I believe that answers your question perfectly.

Nobody tried to steal anything from anyone, that's not Sky Poker's style, & nobody told any porkies. There WAS a communication error between two departments/individuals, & that's regrettable, but it happens.

I have apologised for that error & I believe everything written here by James or myself can be read at face value.

edited September 2018
    Out of interest in the past. If someone won a seat to an SPT but didn't attend. Or if they had two entries and only used one. Did Sky keep the buy in or was it added to the prize pool of the SPT?

I have absolutely no idea what happens, but my take on it would be that if the seat was given away as part of a promo, it's fine for Sky to keep it, but if it was won in a paid for satellite then it should go in the prize pool. Just wondered what actually happens?

In the interest of transparency, I think we should know what used to happen with un-used seats/entries and what will happen with them going forward, both the unused where the player doesn't go to Glasgow at all and the unused where they did go but didn't use all their entries. I think the latter has been explained, but not the two former points.

edited September 2018
    StayOrGo said:

Out of interest in the past. If someone won a seat to an SPT but didn't attend. Did Sky keep the buy in or was it added to the prize pool of the SPT?

Crikey.....

If someone won a seat to an SPT, their name was forwarded to the Venue by Sky Poker. This usually happens the day before the event starts.

For every name sent to the venue, £200 goes in the Prize Pool, & Sky Poker send the venue £200 plus reg fee. Sky Poker have to pay for those "reserved seats" IN ADVANCE due to GC rules.

In very rare circumstances, when a player contacts Sky Poker soon enough, their name has been withdrawn and a refund issued.

That's my clear understanding. I might be wrong, but given the apparent level of mistrust towards online Poker Sites, I think we may have heard by now if anyone was being diddled.

It's just common-sense, & always has been. Sky Poker have always been right by their players as a default stance.

edited September 2018

Simply put, you can win one re-entry for each day and carry it over if unused, correct?

I wouldn't be able to sat into 1a and 1b, be CL on day 1a then 'save' my 1b entry?

You aren't winning seats for specific days now so yes you could choose not to play 1b and carry it over now. This system will give players more flexibility.

To answer the question are you just winning SPT seats rather than to a specific event the answer is no. You need to play the event you qualified for to be able to carry over any unused seats.

Apologies, I didn't see that this had already been answered as above.
    edited September 2018
    StayOrGo said:

@stayorgo wrote;

"Apologies, I didn't see that this had already been answered as above"

I also replied to Melty earlier, quoting the same post by James.
    edited September 2018
    Tikay10 said:

StayOrGo said:

Out of interest in the past. If someone won a seat to an SPT but didn't attend. Did Sky keep the buy in or was it added to the prize pool of the SPT?

Crikey.....

If someone won a seat to an SPT, their name was forwarded to the Venue by Sky Poker. This usually happens the day before the event starts.

For every name sent to the venue, £200 goes in the Prize Pool, & Sky Poker send the venue £200 plus reg fee. Sky Poker have to pay for those "reserved seats" IN ADVANCE due to GC rules.

In very rare circumstances, when a player contacts Sky Poker soon enough, their name has been withdrawn and a refund issued.

That's my clear understanding. I might be wrong, but given the apparent level of mistrust towards online Poker Sites, I think we may have heard by now if anyone was being diddled.

It's just common-sense, & always has been. Sky Poker have always been right by their players as a default stance.

Thanks for the confirmation TK. That's great to hear, I assume that if someone qualified for DAY1A and DAY1B that £400 would be put in the pool whether they played none, one or both days?

This being the case with the new "rules" if they now qualified for two seats and only played once and didn't re-enter, that £200 would go in the prize pool and £200 would not (ie for future SPT for them)

It wasn't mis-trust on my part as much as trying to understand what goes in the pool and what doesn't under the new process compared to the old.

Under the old rules, if they were able to win 4 seats, i would expect £800 to go in the prize pool regardless, under the new rules, i would expect only £200 if they attend the event but only play one buy in, but £800 to go in if they don't attend the event and/or don't play at all as they effectively forfeit all their seats.

The problem is, how will Sky facilitate this as it won't be known if they have attended until the end of late reg on day two. At that point they'd need to put all of the value of their forfeited seats in the prize pool.

In relation to chicknMelt's posts, I think it needs to be made clear that ALL the seats are either in the prize pool or still with the person that won them and how Sky will facilitate that. If it is explained how that will happen then I think the "stealing accusation" can be cleared up.

These are the points I am trying to make rather than any mis-trust, it is just not clear how the fund allocation to prize pool/forfeited seats/seats for next SPT combinations will all be facilitated. With this new criteria, it's a little more complex than "common sense"

There needs to be a surefire way of showing how ALL forfeited seats end up IN the GLASGOW prize pool and how seats that can be used for other SPT's DON'T go in the GLASGOW prize pool.

Sorry for the stress.

G

Guys, I'm going to be offline from around 6.15pm this evening until quite late, maybe after midnight, depending how long I last in 2 MTT's. (Feel free to volley that one in).

So I'll not be able to reply to questions in that period, but I will reply afterwards, or first thing tomorrow, to all (sensible) questions.
  • weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,686
    Looking forward to trying to get there never played live but am buzzing about it the wife is fed up with me going on about it already god help her if i make it
  • HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 898
    Tikay10 said:

HANSON said:

surely this thread should of been in the sky poker tour thread, not the poker chat thread its like it was hoped to be over looked by some

Oh my Lord.......

When folks think & write stuff like that, it blows me away.

Umm, no, I don't try to hide anything. If I wanted to hide it, I would not have even posted it on the Forum. I posted it in Poker Chat so as to ensure everyone sees it.

Whatever makes you think I'd do something like that? Sheesh.
    TK I owe you a apology for the above post In my head it sounded okay so wrote.. my intention was not to call your integrity in dispute or come across as a conspiracy as I no your always on the side of us players .. I think I just wanted to get across that this was about the SPT and there is a SPT thread ..I have been told by players that poker chat is the most read so it was the best place for all to see so once again sorry
    edited September 2018
    Yes there are better places to hide something than on Poker Chat lol. The most popular spot on the forum. :=)

I would never have seen it on the SPT thread.

But maybe a link to it on the SPT thread would be a good idea.