You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tonight's site issues - MTT's not loading.

124»

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,810
    MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

Tonight's Rewards Freeroll.

This is now in the Lobby, & I can conform it has been doubled to £3,000, being £1,000 cash + £2,000 of UKOPS seats.

"Daily £3,000 Rewards Freeroll! Play for £1,000 in cash prizes and over £2,000 worth of UKOPS seats! See the UKOPS promo page for more details. Earn 50 points in the previous calendar week to enter. Reg opens at 5pm. 5 min blinds with 30 mins of late reg."

Registration opens at 6pm.
    Nothing is showing in payouts atm, with the seat prizes is it twice what would normally be paid out? Eg 4 £220 seats rather than 2?
    Thanks Matthewwwwww

The prize Template has not been filled in yet, it will be soon.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,515
    Not been refunded the freeroll buy in from last night, and unable to play tonights. Pfft.

FIASCO

PODIUM SERIES

Some of the MTT's in the Podium Series were affected last night.

In order to try to be as fair as possible to everyone, for last night only, the following 4 MTT's will NOT count towards Podium Series points or Leaderboards;

Gold - 8pm

Silver - 7.30pm

Bronze - 7.30pm & 8pm
    Type your comment
    MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

Tonight's Rewards Freeroll.

This is now in the Lobby, & I can conform it has been doubled to £3,000, being £1,000 cash + £2,000 of UKOPS seats.

"Daily £3,000 Rewards Freeroll! Play for £1,000 in cash prizes and over £2,000 worth of UKOPS seats! See the UKOPS promo page for more details. Earn 50 points in the previous calendar week to enter. Reg opens at 5pm. 5 min blinds with 30 mins of late reg."

Registration opens at 6pm.
    Nothing is showing in payouts atm, with the seat prizes is it twice what would normally be paid out? Eg 4 £220 seats rather than 2?
    I'm reminded by The James that the payouts don't show until folks register, & registration does not open until 5pm.

The prize breakdown pool will actually be £3,200, being.....

£1,000 in pound notes

£2,200 in UKOPS seats, (4 x £220 + 12 x £110)

edited October 2018
    Most of the MTT refunds have now been paid, though a small number are still awaiting final approval & will be paid shortly.

The SNG's & DYM's are much more difficult to process from an Admin point of view & so will take a little longer, but I would expect them to be processed & paid today. Obviously, if you won an affected one, you keep the money.
  • birtiusbirtius Member Posts: 5
    Enut said:

7.30 Hi Lo was dead for ages, now I find it is up and running (ironically the table DIDN'T restart this time!) I have virtually been blinded out. I'm guessing I should just blind out to get a refund, as if I play a hand they'll have a reason to not refund.

Asking for others really, it's only a fiver.

i was left out of my game for over 2 hours then played 1 hand when the blinds were 400 800 and lost surely i shoud get a refund
    Type your comment
    birtius said:

Enut said:

7.30 Hi Lo was dead for ages, now I find it is up and running (ironically the table DIDN'T restart this time!) I have virtually been blinded out. I'm guessing I should just blind out to get a refund, as if I play a hand they'll have a reason to not refund.

Asking for others really, it's only a fiver.

i was left out of my game for over 2 hours then played 1 hand when the blinds were 400 800 and lost surely i shoud get a refund
    Hi again @birtius

Yes, you will get a full refund, including Reg Fee.

It's taking a little time for some of the outliers to be resolved, but you will be refunded in full today.

@birtius

The refunds have now been sorted, they just have to be approved by the Finance crew & then they'll be paid, probably within the next hour.

Sorry you had problems.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    I couldn’t play last night due to awesome grandson play.
    Will I get refunded what tourneys I may have entered?

Great work by Sky reimbursing folk post haste.
  • TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

5x5 said:

Just curious as to the refund policy. I was sitting 1st when the £33 golden stopped and 5th when it finally kicked everyone off tables? I had one head. Do we get head prizes or just a refund? I think there where maybe 6 players with head prizes already in the tournament when the issue started.

Morning @5x5

Frustrating evening, huh?

This one was quite awkward, as a small minority of players were still connected, but 90% were not able to play, so this could not be settled by ICM (chip stacks) it had to be voided.

So the ruling here is that every player still in the Main gets a full refund (£30 + £3 reg fee.

Those that took bounties will get to keep that bounty cash.

This is in no way in line with the Tournament Cancellation Policy. Now I know you don’t want to treat it as a MTT that started as this would involve paying out the overlay on the guarantee (which I believe is why this wasn’t automatically paid out last night). And I don’t even think morally people like me who couldn’t connect should get the extra £10-£15 (my rough estimate based on runners when it cancelled). But give the few knocked out their fee back as well please.
    edited October 2018
    TommyD said:

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

5x5 said:

Just curious as to the refund policy. I was sitting 1st when the £33 golden stopped and 5th when it finally kicked everyone off tables? I had one head. Do we get head prizes or just a refund? I think there where maybe 6 players with head prizes already in the tournament when the issue started.

Morning @5x5

This one was quite awkward, as a small minority of players were still connected, but 90% were not able to play, so this could not be settled by ICM (chip stacks) it had to be voided.

So the ruling here is that every player still in the Main gets a full refund (£30 + £3 reg fee.

This is in no way in line with the Tournament Cancellation Policy. Now I know you don’t want to treat it as a MTT that started as this would involve paying out the overlay on the guarantee (which I believe is why this wasn’t automatically paid out last night). And I don’t even think morally people like me who couldn’t connect should get the extra £10-£15 (my rough estimate based on runners when it cancelled). But give the few knocked out their fee back as well please.
    Hi @TommyD

First up, this has all been quite complicated, but I can personally assure you that I've been privy to all the discussions, at no point have Sky Poker considered overlay in their considerations. All decisions on refunds have been made in the light of being as fair as possible to the players, irrespective of cost. The total cost to the business - a sheer guess on my part - must have been many thousands of pounds. I can 100% assure you overlay or otherwise was not in their consideration at any time. Head Prizes (Bounties) already taken were paid too.

Everything has been based upon what was fair to those affected.

Refund those who busted before it went Pete Tong? Well that's very much a matter of opinion, & not one I personally agree with, as I can't see how they were affected, but luckily for all concerned my opinion counts for very little in these matters. I'll certainly pass your views on to them though.
  • TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    Tikay10 said:

TommyD said:

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

5x5 said:

Morning @5x5

Hi @TommyD

First up, this has all been quite complicated, but I can personally assure you that I've been privy to all the discussions, at no point have Sky Poker considered overlay in their considerations. All decisions on refunds have been made in the light of being as fair as possible to the players, irrespective of cost. The total cost to the business - a sheer guess on my part - must have been many thousands of pounds. I can 100% assure you overlay or otherwise was not in their consideration at any time. Head Prizes (Bounties) already taken were paid too.

Refund those who busted before it went Pete Tong? Well that's very much a matter of opinion, & not one I personally agree with, as I can't see how they were affected, but luckily for all concerned my opinion counts for very little in these matters. I'll certainly pass your views on to them though.
    On the matter of the people who busted and why they were affected by the problems. Here I am referencing all MTTs that started between 7:15pm and when the MTTs were paused (8:14pm iirc), not to any of the games which were already running before 7:15pm as these were all unaffected AFAIK. Every table had people unable to connect apart from a select few at the bottom of the lobby list. For most this was just the last table, but this increased as more people late regged and new tables populated without problems. Now forgetting that every table was asking 'What's going on with my other tables?' we also have balancing tables where people who were disconnected for a long period of time are now in. Some might have given up the ghost and logged out after 20 minutes the blinded out in the turbos. Some in the quicker games would still be at starting stack on a suddenly working table that pops up after the move and feel like they have to shove now. And of course the fact that 95% of the field can't connect affects 100% of the field.

In my opinion logically you should treat all of these tournaments either one way or the other in line with your policy. 95% of the field could not play so we treat it as a MTT that didn't start, so everyone who entered gets the full entry back; or bounties were taken, the MTT must have started, head prizes are paid, forget the people who were affected but busted and pay out the prize pool in full.

I think you should do the first option, logically you can go either way, the present decision is very much cake and eat it.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited October 2018
    Tikay10 said:

So let me get this straight - For every person that enters the tournament under normal circumstances, you make £3 reg fee.

Here's the problem with this application of the refund policy - Lets say I put my £33 in and bust the tournament first hand.

I bust, £11.25 goes to the player who busted me as a bounty. £3.75 goes onto their head.

No prize pool is paid out, and if the tournament is voided there's no winner, so the other person doesn't get to keep the £3.75 that goes onto their own head, they presumably just get back £33 buy-in and keep the bounty.

Where does my other £21.75 go?

Clearly it's not right to make £21.75 off each player that busts when you'd ordinarily make £3 per tournament entry. +1 to @TommyD , this is very much "Cake and eat it".
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited October 2018
    EvilPingu said:

Clearly it's not right to make £21.75 off each player that busts when you'd ordinarily make £3 per tournament entry. +1 to @TommyD , this is very much "Cake and eat it".

Here is what I believe would be acceptable in the scenario detailed above:

- £15 place prize contribution returned to all players
    - £3 reg fee returned to all players
    - Whatever amount of money is on your own head at the time of cancellation (For most this is £15 so with the above this will equate to a standard full refund)
    - Players keep all bounties taken, lose any bounties lost

This means that everyone's £33 is distributed among the players registered in the tournament.

All affected players get back their £33 because the cancellation happened early enough in the tournament for nobody affected to have been blinded out yet.

All unaffected players get back their £15 prizepool contribution and £3 reg fee. Their £15 bounty is either returned to them if still in the tournament, or given to the player who busted them if applicable. Again, if you're still in the tournament and you haven't done anything yet, you get £33 back.

I don't think Sky can be expected to refund the position prizepool including overlay - because LR isn't finished we can't assume any overlay would still be there at end of LR. Also because of the nature of the issues, an ICM payout isn't fair for players who haven't been table to take their seat and have lost chips, so I think voiding is correct and if you've doubled up early then tough luck I guess.

I think what I've detailed above would be a solid set of rules to follow for any BH affected by tech issues within the first half an hour, or any Turbo BH affected in the first 15-20 minutes.

For Sky, they take £x in entry fees, they also refund £x in 100% of cases where this rule is applied. Sky never gains or loses from doing as detailed above - The only losses are just the opportunity cost of the MTT not being able to run and not taking a reg fee as a result.
    edited October 2018
    Type your comment
    TommyD said:

Tikay10 said:

TommyD said:

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

5x5 said:

Morning @5x5

Hi @TommyD

On the matter of the people who busted and why they were affected by the problems. Here I am referencing all MTTs that started between 7:15pm and when the MTTs were paused (8:14pm iirc), not to any of the games which were already running before 7:15pm as these were all unaffected AFAIK. Every table had people unable to connect apart from a select few at the bottom of the lobby list. For most this was just the last table, but this increased as more people late regged and new tables populated without problems. Now forgetting that every table was asking 'What's going on with my other tables?' we also have balancing tables where people who were disconnected for a long period of time are now in. Some might have given up the ghost and logged out after 20 minutes the blinded out in the turbos. Some in the quicker games would still be at starting stack on a suddenly working table that pops up after the move and feel like they have to shove now. And of course the fact that 95% of the field can't connect affects 100% of the field.

In my opinion logically you should treat all of these tournaments either one way or the other in line with your policy. 95% of the field could not play so we treat it as a MTT that didn't start, so everyone who entered gets the full entry back; or bounties were taken, the MTT must have started, head prizes are paid, forget the people who were affected but busted and pay out the prize pool in full.

I think you should do the first option, logically you can go either way, the present decision is very much cake and eat it.
    As Sam & I have stated repeatedly, if a player has been affected then he or she gets a full refund, no question. As far as I am aware, all those affected have been refunded. If any who have not been refunded think they were affected in the various manners you suggest - all of which are legit - they can either speak to CC, post on this thread, or send me a PM, & they will be refunded if they have not already been dealt with.

We can argue semantics all day, but I genuinely believe that Sky Poker have handled the whole thing as fairly as they are able, and in a very short timescale, but if anyone thinks they have been hard done by, do please let Sky Poker know, (by the various means I suggested above), & I'm sure it will be amicably settled.

I'm gonna be offline for a bit now, had a very late night, but will be back on intermittently this evening, & I'll also be offline tomorrow until about midday, so please be patient if waiting for answers to these or any further questions. TIA.

Alternatively, anyone can of course contact CC.

Meanwhile, another progress update on the mop-up taking place.

The SNG's & DYM's were, administratively, really very awkward to settle, but I believe it has now all been sorted. The crediting files have been sent up by the Poker Team to the finance folks to approve, & then that will soon by followed by the refunds reaching the players accounts. I would imagine payments will be in the players accounts by late afternoon.

If anyone has any further concerns, don't hesitate to ask.
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    I received my satellite money back but frustrating that those who qualified (due to 95% of the field being unable to play) get the winners fee of £33.

I don't envy the task however and I did receive s full refund personally so I'm not really in a position to moan. Just unfortunate I was blinded out.
  • miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    Sky_SamT said:

miniman88 said:

Everything started running smooth again after the pause, including the main, then all of a sudden, just the main, started pazzing out. Guess you's purposely made it faulty because there was gonna be quite a lot of overlay. Not sure how I feel about that tbh.

Also, the £7.20 late reg semi to the main 'finished' with top 14 getting paid. This never loaded and I hope this gets refunded too.

I can assure you that overlay was the last thing on our mind and we certainly did not or would not ever "make something faulty".

We are dealing with the late reg semi.
    Maybe it was a stupid thing for me to say but that's how it felt at the time. Appreciated.
  • conorshay1conorshay1 Member Posts: 139
    what ever happened that night, it shut my laptop down and not been able to start it since.