You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SPT Glasgow Live Update

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030
    edited March 2019

A somewhat camera shy @cpfc_2010, fresh off winning the Sky Poker Sheriff last night.

edited March 2019

@ctbn sends his warmest regards.

Sad news, @cpfc_2010 has joined @SidV79 and Craig on the Bad Beat table. Think he busted in a 60,000 pot.

Eamonn had K-J on the flop & turn of K-8-6-Q, shoved 22k into a 16k pot & was called by A-Q which A-Q man wrongly thought was ahead. It was ahead after A river though.
    edited March 2019

The Happy Chappie is @weecheez1

Bad Beat Table is getting mighty crowded, as @Sky__James joins SidV79, Craig, @cpfc_2010 & myself, all of us claiming our bad beat was worse than the others. It's like a table full of misterpj's.

In a moment of inexplicable stupidity, I dared @cpfc_2010 to ask Craig how he busted. I honestly never thought he'd bite, but he went for it, Craig is now mid-story, & I'm a quid worse off.

Worse was to follow though, as Craig launched into a "but I had a worse beat last week" which is currently a work-in-progress.

LATE NEWS - a third bead beat story is now in progress. MUCH worse than the previous 2.

What price the 4 timer?

Yup, we are on the 5-timer now.

"And guess what he called me with?......"

Eamonn is doing it deliberately now just to wind us all up.

Current hand under discussion arose in the Sky Poker UKPC in 2014.
    edited March 2019
    And the 6-timer comes in.

Everyone has fled to the bar, so just Craig & me left here now.

Fair play to Eamonn, he played that superbly.

How many runners today?

102 Uniques & 26 re-Entries, so that's £25,600, & the Guarantee is just over half-covered with Day 1B still to come.

7 tables left, so just over 60 players, meaning the average stack is around 50,000 with the Blinds at 800-1,600 + 1,600 BB ante.

Level 10 is next (after a 10 minute break), and we - sorry, they - will play 12 levels today, so 3 more 40 minute levels remain post break.

It gets really hairy in Levels 11 & 12, so if two dozen survive the day I'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • thislteduthisltedu Member Posts: 398
    Great updates TK, even the bad beat ones. Driving up to join you in the morning, hoping for some run good but I'm sure you will want to hear my bad beat story when it happens.

Rose @IrishRose has had 9-9 three times today, & hit a set with them twice, & currently sits on a very impressive 110,000. However, she assures me she is capable of distributing them to all & sundry well before play ends.
    thisltedu said:

Great updates TK, even the bad beat ones. Driving up to join you in the morning, hoping for some run good but I'm sure you will want to hear my bad beat story when it happens.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But I look forward to seeing you mate.
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Tikay10 said:

Ambo, who is in fine form today, and sporting a very nice haircut.

Is that Olivier Giroud sat next to the Ambo?

@LARSON7 has around 50,000.

Play has just re-started, so play will end at around 1am, give or take a bit. (They do a "x more hands" thing 15 minutes before play is scheduled to end).

It transpires that the chap who bust me was @albaking, who as you know is a pretty tidy MTT-er on Sky Poker, & that makes me feel better, though I'm not at all sure why.

He does not look even remotely like I imagined he would, though I can't imagine what I imagined he looked like.

He has over 100,000 though. That's another thing I can't imagine.
  • Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    Tikay you should know by now not to mention bad beats. Gl to Rose just sad am not there. Gl to everyone else too. X

Tikay you should know by now not to mention bad beats. Gl to Rose just sad am not there. Gl to everyone else too. X

Thanks Donna.