You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296

goldon said:

Brexit Justice ......... for Dobi

Baily for assassins

You really aren't doing yourself any favours by posting nonsense like the above.
    Everybody has different opinions about politics which is fair enough but to post stuff about someone's wife and kids is sick.
    Hey @goldon

I've missed all of this, thankfully

To use your own analogy; perhaps you should have smacked your puppy on the nose every now and then to keep her in line, rather than goad and encourage her to be more and more offensive...from my perspective I sent in a formal complaint about her when she was derogatory about my children (and what sort of people they were..)

At the time I told TK she can say anything about me- as I'm only bothered what people say about me if a) I like them and b) more importantly respect them and their views.

I also said I didn't want her 'banned' , just a cautionary note but clearly her behaviour didn't last I see.....so back to the dog's home
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,426

Hey @goldon

To use your own analogy; perhaps you should have smacked your puppy on the nose every now and then to keep her in line, rather than goad and encourage her to be more and more offensive...from my perspective I sent in a formal complaint about her when she was derogatory about my children (and what sort of people they were..)

At the time I told TK she can say anything about me- as I'm only bothered what people say about me if a) I like them and b) more importantly respect them and their views.

I also said I didn't want her 'banned' , just a cautionary note but clearly her behaviour didn't last I see.....so back to the dog's home
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep! Sad day when your Children ( Puppies ) let you down especially when you warned then not to play with Hooligan dogs intent on mischief. However, sure she will grow up and become "Model Citizen" one day.
    Taking on a Rescue Dog has it's problems but with love and care they love you back,
    I've have had no problems with Dobi in fact the opposite, she seems well educated and articulated so very surprised by this news.
    I do tend to support an underdog right or wrong especially when ganged up on by the usual people. Now there is no OP Swampy is intent on flooding this Thread with empty seats so I will try my best to keep Brexit alive . fwiw
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    madprof said:

goldon said:

Baily for assassins

You really aren't doing yourself any favours by posting nonsense like the above.
    Everybody has different opinions about politics which is fair enough but to post stuff about someone's wife and kids is sick.
    Hey @goldon

To be fair, @goldon did try and give words of guidance.
    Always difficult line to tread supporting your friends, even if they do things that are wrong.
    I will continue to read your thread @goldon. I may not understand some of it, I may not agree with all of it, but I hope your voice continues to be heard.

Now. If someone could please explain to me why voting for the Brexit Party will speed up Brexit (and how), we could move forward.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Hi @goldon
    I haven’t posted here for some time, it’s a shame that personal attacks became the norm instead of discussing the topic.
    Most rational people will accept opposing views and attempt to put their side of the story across, when it becomes personal the message gets lost.
    “Supporting the underdog” is ok, however when it’s such a topic as Brexit, you’re either for it or against it, just to “ Support the underdog” doesn’t mean much really, and on the point of “ Support them right or wrong”, that can be viewed in a couple of ways., so for clarity do you mean even if an underdog is in the wrong you would still support them?

Rational people accept when they are in the wrong and hold their hands up.
    Supporting someone when they are in the wrong helps no one.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,521
    tomgoodun said:

Hi @goldon
    I haven’t posted here for some time, it’s a shame that personal attacks became the norm instead of discussing the topic.
    Most rational people will accept opposing views and attempt to put their side of the story across, when it becomes personal the message gets lost.
    “Supporting the underdog” is ok, however when it’s such a topic as Brexit, you’re either for it or against it, just to “ Support the underdog” doesn’t mean much really, and on the point of “ Support them right or wrong”, that can be viewed in a couple of ways., so for clarity do you mean even if an underdog is in the wrong you would still support them?

Those that suffer from blind loyalty, are never able to see the wood for the trees, because they don't ever look.
    Essexphil said:

madprof said:

goldon said:

Baily for assassins

Hey @goldon

Always difficult line to tread supporting your friends, even if they do things that are wrong.
    I will continue to read your thread @goldon. I may not understand some of it, I may not agree with all of it, but I hope your voice continues to be heard.

Now. If someone could please explain to me why voting for the Brexit Party will speed up Brexit (and how), we could move forward.
    Essexphil said:

madprof said:

goldon said:

Baily for assassins

Hey @goldon

hmmmm...some of Goldie's backandforths with dobiesdraws were a little, shall we say...encouraging...let's keep on with trying to decipher goldie's posts as some are quite cryptically humourus..
    edited May 2019
    What happened to the milkshakes?

Eggs and bricks thrown at Tommy Robinson event as protesters clash with his supporters

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/eggs-and-bricks-thrown-at-tommy-robinson-event-as-protesters-clash-with-his-supporters/ar-AABA6Vz?ocid=spartandhp

McDonalds fault?

tomgoodun said:

Hi @goldon

Hi Tom,

If you read my post you will see ( along with others ) I missed what happened so don't know how or why things got too much for Dobi to make her snap and get herself banned yet again.
    I did see her sail pretty close to the wind in Mental Health Thread and did warn her.

So why should I not support her return to the Forum.!

My support is ( not ) to justify what she said, because I don't know, rather the punishment dished out, given others were involved who clearly contributed to it yet remain.
    This episode is mirrored to recent event where player was ganged up on with sole purpose getting them banned. Not nice.!

It's been said many times before " It cost nothing to be nice"

goldon said:

tomgoodun said:

Hi @goldon

Hi Tom,

If you read my post you will see ( along with others ) I missed what happened so don't know how or why things got too much for Dobi to make her snap and get herself banned yet again.
    I did see her sail pretty close to the wind in Mental Health Thread and did warn her.

So why should I not support her return to the Forum.!

My support is ( not ) to justify what she said, because I don't know, rather the punishment dished out, given others were involved who clearly contributed to it yet remain.
    This episode is mirrored to recent event where player was ganged up on with sole purpose getting them banned. Not nice.!

It's been said many times before " It cost nothing to be nice"

I agree with you...pity you couldn't teach your puppy that lesson....clearly u can't teach an old dog new tricks

( My initial interaction with dobies draws was to call her out for her patronising and demeaning correction of typos and grammar on a post she disagreed with and much derision from her onwards..)

As I said prior, I privately complained about her comments about my children and asked TK to have a quiet, private word-I even said I wasn't looking to have her banned but would expect it to stop...but it didn't..

I agree with you...pity you couldn't teach your puppy that lesson....clearly u can't teach an old dog new tricks

( My initial interaction with dobies draws was to call her out for her patronising and demeaning correction of typos and grammar on a post she disagreed with and much derision from her onwards..)

As I said prior, I privately complained about her comments about my children and asked TK to have a quiet, private word-I even said I wasn't looking to have her banned but would expect it to stop...but it didn't..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Madprof,

Sorry if you were the target and I apologize if any of my action were in any way to blame.
    I got on OK with both Dobi & Rainman215 naming them my Puppies was joke and led to friendly banter which in my Thread was welcome change from being on my own.
    No problems for me, I enjoyed their company, did think they were young guns at one point, till Dobi told everyone she was old bird. I do not know either personally so can only base judgement of character from on here. There are no bad or mad Dogs only bad Owners ........ me I'm just the dog walker.

Nigel Farage's firm pocketed nearly £500,000 in two years
    The assets held by the Brexit Party leader's firm, Thorn in the Side, shot up from £77,893 in May 2016 to £548,573 last year

But research by the anti-Brexit People’s Vote campaign paints a revealing picture of the former UKIP leader.
    Publicly available Companies House records show assets held by Mr Farage’s company, Thorn in the Side, soared from £77,893 according to accounts up to date in May 2016, to £548,573 in May last year.

A declaration to the European Parliament in 2017 revealed he trousers €30,000 a month for “broadcast contracts”. He also gets €8,757 a month as an MEP.
    Pro-EU Labour MP Ian Murray said: “Nigel Farage has made himself rich as a snake oil salesman for Brexit. You don’t get more metropolitan elite than Farage. He’s no more a man of the people than he’s a teetotal vegetarian.

Anti-Brexit campaigners also found a video, apparently from April, of Mr Farage asking self-styled “Ritz rebels” to fund his party.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farages-firm-pocketed-nearly-16170668

Farage aide jailed for dark web money laundering 'raises funds for Brexit Party'
    Nigel Farage's former aide George Cottrell, who was sent to prison in the US, is now dating telly star Georgia Toffolo

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/farage-aide-jailed-dark-web-16170857
    Terrified child refugees stuck in Calais camp 'thanks to broken Tory promises'
    EXCLUSIVE: Lord Alf Dubs visits the young migrants, living in tents and scavenging to survive, who have been denied a life in the UK

“They collapsed from ­dehydration. Some drank petrol as they were so thirsty – which killed them.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/terrified-child-refugees-stuck-calais-16165603
    Vultures have habit ........ picking over the Brexit bones.

https://youtu.be/1365D77epkU

• QPROBBOQPROBBO Member Posts: 41

Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party has surged into second place in Scotland, threatening to wipe out the Conservatives and Labour north of the Border in this week’s European elections.

Just one in five Scottish voters said they will back Labour or the Tories, with the parties languishing in joint fourth place, according to a new YouGov poll.

Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage speaks at a European Parliament election campaign rally yesterday. PIC: Adrian Dennis/AFP/Getty Images.
    Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage speaks at a European Parliament election campaign rally yesterday. PIC: Adrian Dennis/AFP/Getty Images.

Another survey puts Mr Farage’s party in second place across the UK in general election voting intention as fed- up Conservative voters continue to abandon their party.

READ MORE: Jim Sillars says it is ‘impossible’ to vote for pro-EU SNP

Ahead of an imminent leadership contest to succeed Prime Minister Theresa May, senior Tories warned of the risk that populism could engulf the party, and called on colleagues not to embrace radical positions just to raise their profile.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said the prospect of Boris Johnson – the runaway favourite to become the next Tory leader – getting into Number 10 meant she would not abandon plans for another Scottish independence referendum by 2021.

READ MORE: Nicola Sturgeon: Independence vote by 2021 even if UK stays in EU

Polling by YouGov suggests Ruth Davidson’s Tories are set to lose their only MEP in Scotland, while Scottish Labour are expected to lose at least one of the two seats they hold in the European Parliament.

Many of the Brexit Party's Twitter followers appear to be bots

It's not shocking to see Twitter bots latch on to a political campaign, but it's not often they do so soon after a campaign starts -- let alone on a large scale. That appears to be the case with the UK's Brexit Party, however. The no-deal EU withdrawal party is only a few months old, but researchers talking to BuzzFeed Newsfound that many of its Twitter accounts are networks of bots and other inauthentic users. The exact amount isn't clear, but F-Secure's Andy Patel noted that over 8,800 users -- roughly 7 percent of the party's Twitter base -- were both recently recreated and disproportionately responsible for retweeting party material.
    Some of these accounts have been producing massive volumes of tweets focused on Brexit, and clearly in unrealistic amounts. One tweeted 823 times in the space of a day. Some are new, while others are from outside the UK. Regardless of behavior, the surge of new followers for the party suggested "inorganic" behavior.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/many-brexit-partys-twitter-followers-180200220.html
    edited May 2019
    The above is all true (last but one post).

Quite why voters would vote for someone in a General Election with absolutely no policies and no experience of running the country beggars belief. Do people really believe that a 1-issue temporary party is the right way forward? It would be like voting for the Greens. Back when they were the Ecology Party.

Anyway-back to the Euro elections. I think my position is absolutely clear on this subject.

I am naturally a Remainer. Nevertheless, the Country voted to Leave. They didn't make any indication as to HOW they wanted to Leave (so all the people who feel only THEIR sort of Brexit counts are deluded), but they did vote to Leave.

So the question is really, really simple.

"How will voting for the Brexit Party speed up us leaving the EU?"

The way I see it, we can only start leave once 326 MPs agree. The Brexit Party has 0 votes where it counts. For all the rhetoric about where our sovereignty lies, it lies ultimately with the UK Parliament. Exactly where Brexiteers want it to be. Except when it doesn't suit them. The next election is 2022. Do Brexiteers actually want to wait another 3 years in case they like the next General Election result for us to start again?

I am going to keep asking this question. Because I think we should leave. And I see Nigel Farage as the biggest obstacle to us leaving. Long on rhetoric. Long on finger-pointing. But no plan. And he will not tell you that, because he wants your votes far more than he wants to leave the EU.

Essexphil said:

The above is all true.

Quite why voters would vote for someone in a General Election with absolutely no policies and no experience of running the country beggars belief. Do people really believe that a 1-issue temporary party is the right way forward? It would be like voting for the Greens. Back when they were the Ecology Party.

Anyway-back to the Euro elections. I think my position is absolutely clear on this subject.

I am naturally a Remainer. Nevertheless, the Country voted to Leave. They didn't make any indication as to HOW they wanted to Leave (so all the people who feel only THEIR sort of Brexit counts are deluded), but they did vote to Leave.

So the question is really, really simple.

"How will voting for the Brexit Party speed up us leaving the EU?"

The way I see it, we can only start leave once 326 MPs agree. The Brexit Party has 0 votes where it counts. For all the rhetoric about where our sovereignty lies, it lies ultimately with the UK Parliament. Exactly where Brexiteers want it to be. Except when it doesn't suit them. The next election is 2022. Do Brexiteers actually want to wait another 3 years in case they like the next General Election result for us to start again?

I am going to keep asking this question. Because I think we should leave. And I see Nigel Farage as the biggest obstacle to us leaving. Long on rhetoric. Long on finger-pointing. But no plan. And he will not tell you that, because he wants your votes far more than he wants to leave the EU.

I can see everything that you are saying.

Yet none of it offers a realistic solution.

Lots of the public are saying, just get on with it.

For the frustrated, ending it, seems more important than the actual outcome.

There is clearly no majority in Parliament for any solution.

Assume that doesn't change, what should the plan be?

Keep extending Article 50 until 2022?

That assumes the other 27 would be in unanimously in favour of this.

What if the Parliamentary numbers don't change post the 2022 election?

A referendum on the possible options, would at least provide a solution.

What happens if the next Tory leader is a no deal supporter?

Would that be democratic?

What could be more democratic than the electorate having a final say?

Should we blame MPs for standing up for what they believe is best for the country?

What would the point of starting again, as the EU maintain that they will no reopen the Withdrawal Agreement, and trade talks proper, have not yet started?

The Farage vote is clearly related to the protests that lead to the Brexit vote in the first place.

Had the Tory Government addressed the burning injustices as promised, I don't believe Farage would have much support, and leaving the EU would be less important to many people.

If Parliament face a choice of no deal or revoking Article 50, in October, how democratic would that be, whichever option they decided on?
    edited May 2019
    Another referendum is as useless as voting for the Brexit Party.

Marketing it as a "final solution" is nonsense. It is just re-opening old wounds to no good effect. People campaigned for 41 years for a 2nd referendum. And you believe people would accept the result of a 3rd one, having never implemented the result of the 2nd?

we need a solution that works for the country. Compromise. It exists, just not for people with blinkers on. That will mean enraging people like Farage AND you Haysie (and me, as it happens). But life will go on.