You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    Nigel is just as bad taking donations and giving us Democracy.
  • Options
    Dobi not happy with you ..... leaving me here with the Vultures and Swampy from the Black Lagoon.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,043
  • Options
    The image of Nigel Farage splattered by a milkshake in Newcastle appears on most of the front pages.
    "Shaken and stirred" says the Guardian, while the Daily Telegraph's caption reads: "Politics? It's not all milk and honey".
    Meanwhile, the i links the photo to the questions about political donations. "Brexit Party finances get shake-down" is its headline.
    But for the Daily Express, that attack was an "affront to democracy". In an interview with the paper, Mr Farage warns civility is breaking down and blames "radicalised Remainers" who think they are entitled to use any tactics they see fit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-48345031
  • Options
    'Yellow Vest' James Goddard learns why it's unwise to call Liverpool a s***hole
    The pro Brexit shouter was chased down the street by a rather displeased group of locals

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/yellow-vest-james-goddard-learns-16174746
  • Options
    QPROBBOQPROBBO Member Posts: 41
    You know you are winning, when the snowflakes resort to violence.
  • Options
    QPROBBO said:

Or is it when people completely ignore questions that have been asked of them and disappear for a bit, then reappear pretending not to have noticed them?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Another referendum is as useless as voting for the Brexit Party.

Marketing it as a "final solution" is nonsense. It is just re-opening old wounds to no good effect. People campaigned for 41 years for a 2nd referendum. And you believe people would accept the result of a 3rd one, having never implemented the result of the 2nd?

we need a solution that works for the country. Compromise. It exists, just not for people with blinkers on. That will mean enraging people like Farage AND you Haysie (and me, as it happens). But life will go on.

Do you think any compromise is likely, in the near future?
    What if the compromise to attract Labour support was to allow a confirmatory vote?
  • Options
    QPROBBOQPROBBO Member Posts: 41
    HAYSIE said:

QPROBBO said:

Or is it when people completely ignore questions that have been asked of them and disappear for a bit, then reappear pretending not to have noticed them?
    What question ?
  • Options
    QPROBBO said:

HAYSIE said:

Terrified child refugees stuck in Calais camp 'thanks to broken Tory promises'
    EXCLUSIVE: Lord Alf Dubs visits the young migrants, living in tents and scavenging to survive, who have been denied a life in the UK

“They collapsed from ­dehydration. Some drank petrol as they were so thirsty – which killed them.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/terrified-child-refugees-stuck-calais-16165603

Surely the Parents of these Child refugees are responsible for the welfare of their Children.

It really amazes me why anyone would choose to comment on an article without at least reading it.
    Nothing could be easier, these days you just have to click on a link.
    You used to have to look stuff up in an encyclopedia.
    Here we go, to save you doing it, I will click on the link and pick a couple of bits out for you.

Alf Dubs shakes his head in despair as he listens to a 12-year-old refugee pleading for him to help save him and his friends.
    Three years ago Alf – himself a child refugee who escaped the **** – won a guarantee from Theresa May that Britain would provide sanctuary for almost 500 children fleeing the horrors of war.

“These are the forgotten children on Britain’s doorstep,” he says. “We’ve ­abandoned them. I’m so angry about it.”

Alf, 86, crossed the Channel to meet child refugees still being denied a place here – three years after he won a law change that should have let them in.

He stood side-by-side with terrified, hopeless youngsters living in tents and scavenging to survive.

Photos of the lifeless body of Syrian three-year-old Alan Kurdi, washed up on a Turkish beach in 2015, sparked worldwide outrage over the refugee crisis.

As horrified Brits demanded action, the Tories agreed to take in lone children who made it to Europe, and resettle them with foster carers – a pledge won from them by Lord Dubs.
    Himself a Czech refugee who reached the UK, aged six, in the Kindertransport rescue plan that saved 10,000 children from the ****, he piloted an amendment to the Immigration Bill in 2016.

But all his efforts seem so far to have been in vain. Fewer than half of the 480 children the Government pledged to house have been brought here.
    Only 200 spaces are so far thought to have been filled.

And 30 children already granted the right to come to the UK have languished in lodgings on the northern French coast for up to 18 months, while dozens more wait – and hope.

Lord Dubs took us to witness their plight after lone children sleeping rough in Calais doubled in three months.
    Those as young as 10 are being pushed from visible areas to sleep in landfill sites or in forests as security is ramped up.
    Every day they walk for 10 hours, hoping to stow away in lorries or trains.
    Ahmed is just 12. He left Afghanistan aged 10, after the Taliban killed his father and ordered him to join them.

Telling of his escape, the aspiring mathematician says: “It took me two years to get here, across the Sahara. On the trek, 120 children I was with died in front of me.
    “They collapsed from ­dehydration. Some drank petrol as they were so thirsty – which killed them.”

“Please,” he begs, “I want a future and to be safe.” For now, he lives deep in the forest outside the port town.
    But he says he can never sleep in the same place twice – for fear police will find the camp and rip up his tent.
    Ahmed is missing two teeth and does not even have a toothbrush.

"We have to keep moving – they take all our belongings, including our sleeping bags. If we resist, they beat us up,” he says.
    But it is not just the police the ­children fear – adult refugees, says Ahmed, can also be a danger.
    “We’re young so they steal our stuff and hit us. I can’t defend myself.”
    His companion Abdul, 13, also an Afghan, says: “England is not heaven, but it’s better than this. Here, they call us vermin – so we hide like rats.”
    The pair are among thousands of children who have fled alone from war-torn countries. Hundreds arrive in Calais – the closest point to reach the UK.

As we walk around the largest camp, two miles from where Ahmed sleeps, there is a stench of urine.
    Wearing clothes three sizes too small, children eat from bins. Their small green and blue tents are pitched under trees beside a motorway.
    We are told there is a problem in the squalid camp with adults sexually abusing the young boys. One 13-year-old tells us: “We don’t like to stay here as we’re scared of being raped.”
    Visibly upset at what he is seeing and hearing, Lord Dubs confesses: “It makes me so sad on their behalf. I’m furious the Government are doing so little. My heart is breaking.”

The youngsters get no schooling.

• Options
    QPROBBO said:

HAYSIE said:

EXCLUSIVE: Lord Alf Dubs visits the young migrants, living in tents and scavenging to survive, who have been denied a life in the UK

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/terrified-child-refugees-stuck-calais-16165603

Surely the Parents of these Child refugees are responsible for the welfare of their Children.

Of course they should heres an example.

Mohammed, 16, was approved on the scheme nine months ago. He left ­Ethiopia at 14, after his family were branded traitors by the government.
    With tears in his eyes, he tells Lord Dubs: “They threw my dad in jail and poisoned my mother. She died. I was 10. When my dad was released he took me to Sudan, then on to Libya.
    “We stayed three months in a camp run by traffickers. He became unwell and died in front of me. I saw dead bodies of children every day.”
    Mohammed used his father’s cash to pay smugglers to get him to France.
  • Options
    QPROBBO said:

Essexphil said:

QPROBBO said:

HAYSIE said:

In an ideal world, yes.

But if they are (for whatever reason) incapable, I do not wish to punish their children by some form of ethnic cleansing.
    So where are their Parents, did they let them travel across continents by themselves.
    Lots of rich people choose to live in tents in refugee camps.
  • Options
    QPROBBO said:

HAYSIE said:

QPROBBO said:

What question ?
    Nothing to say?
  • Options
    The Milkyshake Kid is back in town,

One of you're little helpers Remainers. ! Where are all the Brexiteers to scared to voice allegiance to the cause.

Well, couple of things as we're getting near D Day Landings, so start with Gift of Money given by Banks to Nigel prior to him setting up Brexit Party, as it was before and not after will not be classed as Campaign funds EU's opinion wont count. Think you'll find him wriggle out of that one.
    Second, a vote for Nigel is message to this Government that they are the servants of the people not the other way round, this vote is not about remaining in the EU it's about making them accountable for their actions while representing the Country.

Think Sir Micheal Caine summed it up nicely with..........

" I would sooner be rich free man than a poor slave." think that's what he said. cough!
  • Options
    You're to serious "Swampy" lighten up ...... it's only our kids future at stake.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    goldon said:

The Milkyshake Kid is back in town,

One of you're little helpers Remainers. ! Where are all the Brexiteers to scared to voice allegiance to the cause.

Well, couple of things as we're getting near D Day Landings, so start with Gift of Money given by Banks to Nigel prior to him setting up Brexit Party, as it was before and not after will not be classed as Campaign funds EU's opinion wont count. Think you'll find him wriggle out of that one.
    Second, a vote for Nigel is message to this Government that they are the servants of the people not the other way round, this vote is not about remaining in the EU it's about making them accountable for their actions while representing the Country.

Think Sir Micheal Caine summed it up nicely with..........

" I would sooner be rich free man than a poor slave." think that's what he said. cough!

He actually said:-

"I would rather be a poor Master than a rich Servant".

Said Michael Caine. Previous tax exile, and investor in tax-avoidance schemes. Perhaps:

"I would rather be a rich Master, and poor people pay my share of taxes."
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    goldon said:

You're to serious "Swampy" lighten up ...... it's only our kids future at stake.

The problem with that argument is that it seems to be mostly older people denying what younger people see as their future...
  • Options
    Yep! Only Poor people pay taxes only in a Democracy can that happen.

Vote Remain.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

goldon said:

The problem with that argument is that it seems to be mostly older people denying what younger people see as their future...
    Yep! , Nigel already has the Heart Land of voters he needs to target young new voters like Labour did last election. No need to run around the Country on a Bus that's old style bang it out on the Media they all have their heads down the mobile phone walking round like zombies. Hic!
  • Options
    QPROBBO said:

Or proof that going anywhere and insulting the local inhabitants is very silly?