You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,209
    lucy4 said:

I caught the tail end of a radio interview in the week and the guest (can't remember who) was convinced there would be another extension.So is an extension not a possibility or possible but very unlikely?

Possible yes.

We would have to ask for one.

The other 27 all have to agree. One veto would stop it.

France has already hinted at a veto.

At least 3 of the Tory leadership candidates have made leaving in October, with or without a deal part of their pitch
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

I caught the tail end of a radio interview in the week and the guest (can't remember who) was convinced there would be another extension.So is an extension not a possibility or possible but very unlikely?

Their side is a bit more astute, than ours.

The last thing they said after allowing us this extension was, don't waste the time.

What have we done with the time?

More bickering.

Got rid of Theresa May.

Tory leadership election.

Seven weeks Summer holidays.

Back for just over a week.

Off for nearly 4 weeks for the conferences.

Then back three weeks before we are due to leave.

When they get back to work in October the new EU leaders wont be in place.

Another 7 month extension to accomplish what?

I think they are charging us £1billion per month.

So another £7 billion wasted, on top of the £4.6billion for no deal preparations.

The bill becomes £46billion.

The wasted £11.6 billion could have been used to settle some of the burning injustices that caused the leave vote in the first place.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

The last thing they said after allowing us this extension was, don't waste the time.

More bickering.

Got rid of Theresa May.

So another £7 billion wasted, on top of the £4.6billion for no deal preparations.

The wasted £11.6 billion could have been used to settle some of the burning injustices that caused the leave vote in the first place.
    ps I missed out the Trump visit.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

More bickering.

Got rid of Theresa May.

That’s another waste of £ and oxygen
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,027
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

More bickering.

Got rid of Theresa May.

Not necessarily.
    Can't stand the man. But got to respect the Office he holds.

And if we are going to leave the EU, vital that we establish some sort of new trading arrangement. Exactly the sort of massive ego we need to massage going forward.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Essexphil said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

More bickering.

Got rid of Theresa May.

Not necessarily.

And if we are going to leave the EU, vital that we establish some sort of new trading arrangement. Exactly the sort of massive ego we need to massage going forward.
    I respect the office...just don't think he should be in it...have you tasted chlorinated chicken?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    Essexphil said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

More bickering.

Got rid of Theresa May.

Not necessarily.

Cousin lives in the US now has dual citizenship. Both her and her husband are staunch Repulicans. They dont like Trump the man but as a leader hes growing the economy, creating jobs, improving education and backing the smorgasboard of security vehicles DEA CIA FBI AFT HS etc. and they love him for that.
  • Options

Essexphil said:

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

More bickering.

Got rid of Theresa May.

Not necessarily.

Cousin lives in the US now has dual citizenship. Both her and her husband are staunch Repulicans. They dont like Trump the man but as a leader hes growing the economy, creating jobs, improving education and backing the smorgasboard of security vehicles DEA CIA FBI AFT HS etc. and they love him for that.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Haysies already using % to advocate that this was a remain vote on the other thread

You obviously didn't understand my post.
    Yes I did. Just because you post and somebody has a pop about it doesnt mean they dont understand it. It could just as well mean that they fully understand it but think that you're talking out of your backside.
    What you were having a pop about had nothing to do with what I posted.
    Thats because just like most politicians you dont really make your points clear you wrap them up in endless repeats of the same pictures and the same anti Farage, anti Brexit rhetoric.

Really?

What I voted for was a total break clean and complete and as unpalateable as they may be for you that is what I want. If that causes some problems for British business in the short term tough.

Jacob Rees-Mogg said it might take 50 years for us to benefit.

Nobody worried when being in the EU closed the British fishing industry and caused the loss of tens of thousands of jobs in coal, steel and construction.

Are you really blaming the EU for all of this?

The only reason the EU is being arsee is because they dont want us to go. They need us way more than we need them. That's why theyre trying to make us pay through the nose to leave, because they cant afford to keep going at the same level without our money. Who is going to make up the shortfall if we just leave ? Ireland (tinpot nation), Italy (another ten bob mob), Greece (ha ha as if), Spain (teetering on the brink), Portugal (dodgy economy again) or maybe the plethora of nations who only joined for the money. And, at the end of the day its always about money. From those sweet deal fat cats riding the gravy train to the M.P.s sitting on boards of companies invested in the status quo. The big political sponsors now desperately trying to persuade those they have in their pockets to lessen the impact of that train hitting the buffers.

I think that the EU has behaved much netter than our side. If we are paying through the nose to leave, it will be the fault of our Government, as they agreed on how much we owe them. Are you referring to Farage, as a passenger on the gravy train?

I find it ironic that another country that we basically helped form with the dregs of our society can flourish as an Island nation with comparatively little population is 1,000s of miles away from its nearest trading partners and still manages to say fk off to anybody who it doesn't want to do business with and has a better standard of living, healthcare, policing, education and public services.

This is a curious argument. Are you saying that Australia have achieved this through their Government managing the country better? Or just because they are not members of the EU?

They are currently in negotiation with the EU.

Are you ignoring the Trans Pacific Trading Partnership, in your argument?

Australia, post no deal Brexit done properly.

Based on?

Of course this will have no impact on you as you seem resigned to the belief that only all things E.U. can work, but at least I've wasted your time reading it.

That is not what I believe.

The only deal is NO DEAL. (Just ask Noel)

A catastrophe.

• Options
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    HAYSIE said:

Haysies already using % to advocate that this was a remain vote on the other thread

Remainers won these elections – and they’d win a second Brexit referendum

In these elections remain was the winner, not Farage. What mattered beyond the number of seats won was the sum of remain votes. Lib Dem, Green, Scottish National party, Plaid Cymru and Change UK outpolled Brexit and Ukip by 40.4% remain to 34.9% hard Brexit. Now add in Labour and Conservative votes, divided – as pollsters Britain Thinks and YouGov suggest – by allocating 80% of Tory votes to leave, and 60% of Labour votes to remain. That suggests a remain win in a referendum by 50% to 47%. Certain? Of course not – it’s close – but this three-point remain majority certainly makes it a democratic outrage to press ahead with any kind of Brexit without giving voters the final say. And what is not in doubt is that there’s a clear majority against a no-deal Brexit.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/remainers-won-these-elections-–-and-theyd-win-a-second-brexit-referendum/ar-AAC1lhq?ocid=spartandhp
    Well then wed all cry unfair and demand a third and decisive referendum, after all you set the precedent for crying and **** when it didnt go how you wanted it.

Thats you as a group not you personally.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Remainers won these elections – and they’d win a second Brexit referendum

In these elections remain was the winner, not Farage. What mattered beyond the number of seats won was the sum of remain votes. Lib Dem, Green, Scottish National party, Plaid Cymru and Change UK outpolled Brexit and Ukip by 40.4% remain to 34.9% hard Brexit. Now add in Labour and Conservative votes, divided – as pollsters Britain Thinks and YouGov suggest – by allocating 80% of Tory votes to leave, and 60% of Labour votes to remain. That suggests a remain win in a referendum by 50% to 47%. Certain? Of course not – it’s close – but this three-point remain majority certainly makes it a democratic outrage to press ahead with any kind of Brexit without giving voters the final say. And what is not in doubt is that there’s a clear majority against a no-deal Brexit.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/remainers-won-these-elections-–-and-theyd-win-a-second-brexit-referendum/ar-AAC1lhq?ocid=spartandhp
    Well then wed all cry unfair and demand a third and decisive referendum, after all you set the precedent for crying and **** when it didnt go how you wanted it.

Thats you as a group not you personally.
    I dont know if you saw the post I made about the Parliamentary timetable but there is little time left, when anyone is going to be around to talk about Brexit.

We could well end up in October with the choice of either no deal, or revoking Article 50.
    Both these would be seen by many people as the least democratic solutions.

I think that if it came to that, many people would be thinking that a confirmatory vote would have been a much better solution, than the two on offer.

As I have said a number of times, I am not a referendum fanatic, and would be happy to leave on a Norway plus deal.

I have just thought for a long time due to the mess that we are in, that a confirmatory vote, though not ideal, may provide the most viable solution.

Not many people are suggesting a realistic alternative.

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
    Good to see The Queen welcoming Trump in her colours...

• Options
  • Options
    Nigel Farage faces European Parliament ban over undisclosed gifts

Nigel Farage faces being banned from the European Parliament after he was set a 24-hour deadline to explain why he allegedly failed to declare almost half a million pounds in gifts from Brexiteer tycoon Arron Banks.
    Earlier this year a Channel 4 News investigation unearthed documents suggesting UKIP’s one-time top donor provided Farage with a furnished Chelsea home, a car and driver, and other living expenses worth about £450,000.
    It also reported that Banks, who is currently under investigation by the National Crime Agency over allegations of criminal offences by him and his unofficial leave campaign during the Brexit referendum campaign, organised and funded visits to the United States for Farage in the year after the referendum, including a trip in July 2016 to the Republican national convention.
    The explosive findings prompted the European Parliament’s advisory committee to look into whether Farage broke EU rules by accepting funding from Banks but not declaring the donations on the parliament’s online register of interests.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/nigel-farage-faces-european-parliament-ban-over-undisclosed-gifts/ar-AACpk6K?ocid=spartandhp
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,594

This is awesome. Watch the video from 1 minute in. This is what you vote for if you vote Brexit Party. The poor bloke had no idea, & just tried to bluster his way through the questions.

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    Looking forward to the alliance between Brexit, Greens, Liberal Democrats for PR now that would be PRogress
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

This is awesome. Watch the video from 1 minute in. This is what you vote for if you vote Brexit Party. The poor bloke had no idea, & just tried to bluster his way through the questions.

Even people who haven't got a clue what they are talking about can get elected in this country.
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    Brexit party MEPs turning their back on the orchestra in the opening of the new European Parliament yesterday.

Childish behaviour or behaviour reminiscent of the Nazi's in the Reichstag in 1926?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,027
    FCHD said:

Brexit party MEPs turning their back on the orchestra in the opening of the new European Parliament yesterday.

Childish behaviour or behaviour reminiscent of the Nazi's in the Reichstag in 1926?

The Lib Dems set the bar really low.
    But the Brexit Party still managed to crawl under it.

Pretty decent of the EU not to laugh out loud at how pathetic we must look....
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

FCHD said:

The Lib Dems set the bar really low.
    But the Brexit Party still managed to crawl under it.

Pretty decent of the EU not to laugh out loud at how pathetic we must look....
    Many have described the Brexit Party protest as infantile.

Do we have any credibility left, anywhere?