You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

2019 SPT Las Vegas Live Update, with added nonsense & waffle.

Comments

• Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383
    Enjoyed that read, excellent work as always, very interesting.

Best of luck to all the players. Looks a pretty soft field ;)

Looking forward to the updates... if you get connected to the wifi.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,120

BOOM

We are connected.
  • Options

Nothing happening yet, most players seem to be late arriving. Those that are here are just milling around, like bakers. There you go, the first & worst pun of the day.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    No knead for it.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    "...with added nonsense & waffle."

Not a bit of it. Great read and fantastic pictures. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Good luck everyone, enjoy.
  • Options

Almost all 37 players are now seated, & play will commence iminently.
  • Options
    BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    Good read, interesting Vegas history. look forward to the updates.
  • Options

Well we've solved one problem, the internet connectivity, but now we have another.....

The Cardroom Supervisor has informed us that no photos of chips or cards will be permitted, even in "dead" hands, as in showdowns. Nevada law, Compliance, da de da. And as the Room is, in effect, owned by Online Poker enemy Mr Adelson, I guess we can understand why.

So I'm afraid photos of showdowns & the like will not appear today, just pictures of the players, the Room etc.

Course, I'll TAKE the photos, & maybe they will appear tomorrow, when we have departed the scene of the crime.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    Good luck everyone, looking forward to the updates.
  • Options

Still struggling a little with one thing & another, but getting there slowly.

Not much happening yet, we are only in Level 2 & everyone is just settling in.

GSmith13 had the Kings first hand, &, amazingly, everyone believed him when he poped it up.

MISTY4ME got involved against luckybrahh, Misty with the A-10 suited, both checked the flop, bet call on the turn, & the flush got there so Misty went for the value bet & got paid off.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    As I'm on someone else's laptop, I've had to reset my photo hosting site, but I think it's sorted now so photos will be along shortly. Probably.

I'm certainly doing well with excuses so far, thats for sure.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    Good Evening/Afternoon/Morning
    Love the preamble, and the updates , pretty sure the manager was just pointing out guidelines re photos and compliance, you’ll be ok as long as you ask him to be in the first pic.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    ...would have been easy to play it in the UK. ;)

Hope you are able to watch the F1 and the footy while you are doing FA BTW.
  • Options

Weather is gorgeous here today. It gets blisteringly hot, so the best part of the day is early morning. I took these 2 snaps right outide the cardroom ast 7am this morning. No wonder Las Vegas is in a place called Paradise. And yes, it really is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise,_Nevada

• Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    Good luck all 37, especially Pompeynic
  • Options

MAN OVERBOARD
  • Options

Granite89 - last year's winner, firstly had K-K v the Q-Q of @stack_u , but both played it cagey & the latter, something of a nit, somehow got off, though suffering the poker equivelant of a limb amputation.

Shortly after, Granite opened, Jsan made it 600, two callers, so Granite decided to do the squeeze thing & 3 bet, Jsan, playing a half-stack, jamming instantly. Granite now decides he's put too much in to fold & makes the call.

Granite was in a world of pain, his A-Q dominated by the A-K of Jsan, & his pain increased when the K fell. Granite is not the reigning SPT champ for nothing though, And that King helped produce an unlikely straight, thus busting poor Jsan.

Just the 36 left then.
  • Options

Rather surprisingly, as the third 30 minute level ended, a 10 minute break has been announced.
  • Options

These were just prior to play commencing.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Seat 9 is, of course, TimmyRaRa, & stood up next to him is Groggy, looking surprisingly erudite in his NHS spectacles.

In the queue to register, top of picture, are Granite89 &, I think, luckybrahh.