You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Ashes

1235»

Comments

• SuperAyr25SuperAyr25 Member Posts: 37
    That was a strange decision thought Aussies would have batted Smith averages over 100 on this ground as well i heard i think this could end up being a drawn match early prediction.
  • gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    i hope so backed the draw at 3/1 2 balls before root gets castled im a judge not
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315

I'm starting to feel sorry for Warner......
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Tikay10 said:

said no Englishman ever!

Ha. He's had a brutal series. Was pretty unlucky there too, it must have been the very faintest of nicks, though to be fair it was a dreadful shot waft.

Yikes, what a talent Archer is. If he can keep his head in the right place (the jury is out there) he has a long & wonderful career ahead of him.

So, welcome - again - to the Steve Myth show.

Looking at the replays, I'm not even convinced Warner nicked it.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited September 2019
    Massive partnership this! Be good to put some pressure on the rest of their order.

Why don't they use hotspot any more, anyone know?
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    Tikay10 said:

Same reason Sky Poker did away with the Hot o meter. Sad times.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Tikay10 said:

It didn't pick up all of the really thin edges that Snicko picks up, so now that Snicko is allowed to be part of DRS (whereas before it was just a TV broadcaster thing), there's no point having both.

When it was used, there was always talk of players using bat tape or lubricants on their bats to reduce friction between bat and ball, thus causing an edge to not show up on Hotspot - Although nobody was ever caught doing this.

I can't find a source for it, but I'm sure I remember there being issues with it being considered 'Military grade equipment' in certain countries as well, which I imagine would've made it very expensive to import/export and use.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Tikay10 said:

At the time of writing, Steve Smith has scored more fours (85) in this series than David Warner has scored runs (84).

Also predicted after the first innings dismissal in the 2nd test that Warner would be dropped before the end of the series. No money involved but still think I've ran pretty bad to lose on that one.
    EvilPingu said:

Tikay10 said:

It didn't pick up all of the really thin edges that Snicko picks up, so now that Snicko is allowed to be part of DRS (whereas before it was just a TV broadcaster thing), there's no point having both.

When it was used, there was always talk of players using bat tape or lubricants on their bats to reduce friction between bat and ball, thus causing an edge to not show up on Hotspot - Although nobody was ever caught doing this.

I can't find a source for it, but I'm sure I remember there being issues with it being considered 'Military grade equipment' in certain countries as well, which I imagine would've made it very expensive to import/export and use.
    Thanks Andy, that all seems to be logical.
  • SuperAyr25SuperAyr25 Member Posts: 37
    Steve Smith 10 50 plus scores in a row v England the most by any player in the history of cricket the guys a freak

Smith eventually departs & it's 187-8.

With the Aussies to bat last, & a likely 1st Innings lead of ~100, I think that's officially "Game On".

Famous last words.....

a likely 1st Innings lead of ~100
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,730
    edited September 2019
    Let's see if England have learnt anything from the previous matches and not give away their wickets in the last hour of the days play...Block,Leave & Punish.