You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373

Amazing stuff, well done Paul.

Not a bad little sideline, huh?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    Nothing wrong with a brag post, especially when there is good reason. Impressive stuff, well played.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,482
    Lawrence and Bennett

Both players have been disqualified from driving for 2 years, given a 12-month community order each, ordered to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work and costs of £85 and £90 victim surcharge.

I’m sure many will have thoughts on whether this is severe or lenient
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    I think both would be delighted at that.

Which says it all, really.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Lovely stuff. Good to see you the other weekend. Think we bored everyone with DYM chat but I enjoyed myself 😄
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,116
    Good to see you in Nottingham.

73 is an awesome rating on SNGs-much harder than 82 on MTTs. Nice profit.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Well done on reaching 30k in profits jac55.

See you soon

Greg xxx

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Thank you very much chaps

Was good meeting up with you two again as well.
    I doubt we bored anyone Mike. Dyms are fascinating.

Enjoying writing this thread. Only thing missing after 200+ posts is the obligatory good troll. It kind of comes with the territory normally and you don’t feel you’ve made it until then.
    Still searching for that good troll
  • Options
    Local news has been full of Lawrence and Bennett as expected

I think it’s safe to say that they will feel that they’re running good just now

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Jac35 said:

Lawrence and Bennett

Both players have been disqualified from driving for 2 years, given a 12-month community order each, ordered to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work and costs of £85 and £90 victim surcharge.

I think the punishment seems about right. Have the club taken any extra action with fines and the like?
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Jac35 said:

Lawrence and Bennett

I think the punishment seems about right. Have the club taken any extra action with fines and the like?
    6 weeks wages which is the maximum they can dish out
    They also have to do work in the community
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Jac35 said:

waller02 said:

Jac35 said:

Lawrence and Bennett

Things like looking after the elderly, Jac55?
  • Options

Jac35 said:

waller02 said:

Jac35 said:

Lawrence and Bennett

Things like looking after the elderly, Jac55?
    Xxx
  • Options
    I’ve been to see the Knife Angel being displayed at Derby Cathedral this evening.
    Thought provoking and quite emotional

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    WP sir. Be interested to know best DYM ROIs of those who have played say 10k games. No idea if any scope geeks have done that. Would of thought 7.5% must be up there.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

WP sir. Be interested to know best DYM ROIs of those who have played say 10k games. No idea if any scope geeks have done that. Would of thought 7.5% must be up there.

I seem to recall that Shanxta had a fantastic roi
    I’ve just checked and they’re not opted in but i think they were around 10%

Dialbi4 was always locked but i’d be amazed if his roi wasn’t around 10%

Timmys roi at 3.8% is outstanding given he’s mainly playing turbos these days. I think his roi has only dropped about 0.8% since he switched which is very very good.

From a small sample and at low stakes, friend of the thread, Gregkdy has a fabulous roi.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    waller02 said:

Jac35 said:

Lawrence and Bennett

I hope I’m never in that situation..but if I -or anyone in the real world was-I’d like to think the courts would show me the same level of sentence...doubt it

Methinks these privileged pair have got off lightly..
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    madprof said:

waller02 said:

Jac35 said:

Lawrence and Bennett

I hope I’m never in that situation..but if I -or anyone in the real world was-I’d like to think the courts would show me the same level of sentence...doubt it

Methinks these privileged pair have got off lightly..
    Really? I think that fits in with what a member of the public would receive. Certainly similar to the punishment dished out to a lad I know in the same circumstances. You could argue that they should have received a hefty fine as well, but I assume the club will or have done that.

You could also argue that they should receive harsher punishments because they are role models to 1000s 100s a couple of young fans but that would have been unfair imo.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373
    edited October 2019
    I think the sentences were about right.

The clincher is the Community Service. To footballers blessed with a huge ego, sweeping the streets, picking up litter or some other menial task must be super-humbling, & far more painful than monetary fines.

Losing their driving licence is pretty painful too.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,408
    Jac35 said:

Bit of a brag post I’m afraid

Reached a bit of a milestone for me tonight
    It’s a long way away from the proper big winners but I’m quite chuffed anyway

Personally I find it quite interesting that my profits in both formats are quite similar. I’ve played a few more Dyms though 😁

Very impressive. Nicely done