You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,370

Lordy.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657
    aren,t footballers thick
    *if its true*
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    'Lessons to be learnt don't speed when you've been drinking'

NO, DON'T DRIVE WHEN YOU'VE BEEN DRINKING.

IDIOTS.

They were very lucky they didn't kill or injure any innocent party.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    With the money these guys have got surely they have a taxi company on a retainer that collect them and act with discretion if they have had a few too many.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

With the money these guys have got surely they have a taxi company on a retainer that collect them and act with discretion if they have had a few too many.

The Club laid on cars to take them all home, but the players in question decided to stay behind & eventually make their own way home.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    The whole saga is shocking, if (and it's a big if) those guys were 17/18 then you might be able to have a slight understanding and hope it's lesson learnt the hard way. They are mid 20s though for God's sake!

The only good thing to come out of all this is that nobody got killed.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

The whole saga is shocking, if (and it's a big if) those guys were 17/18 then you might be able to have a slight understanding and hope it's lesson learnt the hard way. They are mid 20s though for God's sake!

Keogh is 33, though it's unclear if he had any culpability as to the accident. As Captain though, he should never have been in that situation.

The fella must be hurting now though, & regetting his actions, so I'm not mad on vilifying the fella.

All very sad.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

Keogh is 33, though it's unclear if he had any culpability as to the accident. As Captain though, he should never have been in that situation.

The fella must be hurting now though, & regetting his actions, so I'm not mad on vilifying the fella.

All very sad.
    I didn't know he was driving? Whatever the case, it's awful. I hope the club punish everybody involved accordingly.
  • Options

I don't know if he was driving, I had it in my mind that he was either a passenger, or was the driver but was an innocent party in the accident.

The other two guys have both been charged by the Police, but as far as I am aware, Keogh has not been charged. So (possibly) his only crime was being out drinking later than he should, & as Captain, effectively validating his team-mates doing the same.

Maybe Grumps will have the full SP.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited September 2019
    It’s believed that Lawrence and Bennett refused the offer of lifts home and drove themselves. The club had laid on cars for players who may have had a few drinks but they declined to use them
    Keogh didn’t drive and got in the car with Lawrence who lives near to him.
    Keogh isn’t facing any charges.

The club haven’t yet said how the players involved will be disciplined.

2 other players who were with them at the pub were definitely Huddlestone and Malone. But we don’t know if they were in the cars too
    There may have been more but they are the only two that we know of for sure.

I’m at the match today
    It’ll be interesting to see how the fans react
  • Options

Thanks Paul, so yes, Keogh was innocent. I can't help but feel for him.

As you say, be interesting to see how the fans react. Really, the heart has been ripped out of the Team. Time for a few of the team to make a name for themselves, "from adversity comes strength" & all that.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    Innocent yes but will cetainly be regretting his actions. Knowingly got in the car with a drunk driver.

He's captain, he's older, he's sober, he should have said 'I'm not getting in a car with you in that state, in fact if you drive I will report you to the police'. That would have prevented the whole thing wouldn't it?
  • Options
    Enut said:

Innocent yes but will cetainly be regretting his actions. Knowingly got in the car with a drunk driver.

He's captain, he's older, he's sober, he should have said 'I'm not getting in a car with you in that state, in fact if you drive I will report you to the police'. That would have prevented the whole thing wouldn't it?

Well yes, it would, & it's hard to disagree with that.

But maybe he was drunk himself. There's no crime in being drunk, or being a drunk passenger.

Should the Captain be out late & get drunk? No, probably not. It's not the worst thing ever though, or would not have been were it not for the stupidity of some of the others.

My point is it's not a clear cut case. It is with the drivers, but not with Keogh.
  • Options

I do just want to make it clear that I abhor drink-driving, for which there are no excuses.

Keogh doubtless regrets his actions now, & yeah, we can point fingers, but it's not clear at this stage what he did wrong.

All of us have done silly things in our time - I certainly have - without realising the possible consequences.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    It was reported that Keogh was very drunk
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

But not driving?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

But not driving?
    Not driving
  • Options
    “Rams owner and chairman Mel Morris will now visit fan areas around Pride Park Stadium before today's game against Birmingham City.

He will be apologising for the events of Tuesday and he will be asking the fans to get behind manager Phillip Cocu and the team that takes the pitch against Birmingham”
  • Options
    Mighty Rams