You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    Tikay10 said:

I think the sentences were about right.

The clincher is the Community Service. To footballers blessed with a huge ego, sweeping the streets, picking up litter or some other menial task must be super-humbling, & far more painful than monetary fines.

Losing their driving licence is pretty painful too.

Gosh...I am SO out of touch with how the legal system would judge me for being drunk, in a car crash, fleeing the scene with 2 injured people.....the only ‘ credit’ I give them is they did return after 45 mins to face the music....
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Yeah I think they were lucky to avoid jail.

It's not like they were pulled over by the police on a routine stop and blew just over the limit or whatever.
    They crashed vehicles (pretty badly), leaving a teammate badly injured, and then fled the scene of the crime.

Based on that, I don't think anyone could argue if they had received a few months inside.
    I'd say they are fortunate guys and you'd assume they have learnt their lesson.
  • Options
    hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 25
    Hi

Who do you consider the best regs in dym and what adjustments do you make against them compared to fish?
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,482
    hanlan123 said:

Hi

Who do you consider the best regs in dym and what adjustments do you make against them compared to fish?

Hi Hanlan

Good questions

I think Dyms are currently a lot weaker than they once were on Sky. There are still some good regs playing though.

In the games up to £11 i think, off the top of my head, that Mayhem and Sircryptic are very strong players

Above that level i’d go with Timmyrara, Spanky and Jonnyrkd.

Balance is key against these players. We play against each other a lot.
    Against weaker players i will try and exploit them as best i can. If someone clearly likes their hand and i’m very strong then i’ll bet a lot heavier and still expect calls. At the same time when a player is clearly fit and fold and i have missed then i will make very small cbets and often take hands down that.

Obviously there’s an number of other things that i may do too.
  • Options
    Well
    I’m definitely a lucky boy

I drunk a little tonight.

I ran horrendously in mtts and Dyms

Particular favourites were flopping a straight and busting and flopping a set of Queens bvb and busting in mtts. The Aces v 3s was a little dull in comparison

In Dyms I was getting cold calls with 9 5 which bust me

All in all I was feeling a little disgruntled

I made the magnificent decision to do some depositing and play 100nl and promptly lost a buy in.

Just stood
    £8 down in total for the night. Probs about breakeven after rakeback

I’m a numpty

Goodnight

• Options
    Any mtt wizards out there who could help me out here?
    The caller in this hand plays the highest stakes on Sky and has made a good amount. Am I so far behind the curve with mtts that I see this as a really bad call? HH doesn't show it but he has the nut flush draw on the flop

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    sumogaz Small blind 200.00 200.00 26161.75
    Jac35 Big blind 400.00 600.00 14990.00
    Your hole cards
    A

chrisdonkb Fold
    MrJinks Fold
    xxxx Raise 800.00 1400.00 15345.00
    Alfie4paws Fold
    sumogaz Call 600.00 2000.00 25561.75
    Jac35 Call 400.00 2400.00 14590.00
    Flop

sumogaz All-in 25561.75 27961.75 0.00
    Jac35 Fold
    xxxx All-in 15345.00 43306.75 0.00
    sumogaz Unmatched bet 10216.75 33090.00 10216.75
    sumogaz Show
    xxxx Show
    A
    Turn

J

River

xxxx Win Flush to the Ace 33090.00 33090.00
    PREV
    CLOSE
    COPY
    NEXT
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,116
    Obviously this wasn't me-I'm xxx or Ess3xPhil rather than xxxx :)

It is not a horrible call-flush draw, 2 overs, he is flipping against a lot of hands (like this one). He might even be a marginal favourite, depending on the suits.

DYMs depend on preservation. MTTs involve more of a gamble to get the big stack
  • Options
    Decent night

Quite a few regular £16.50s and £22s ran tonight and I did ok at them

Played a couple of £11 mtts
    Came 8th in the 8.15 and I’ve just bust the mini in 6th

£160 up on the nights ok

That’s me done for a week.
    I’ve chosen the perfect time to go to Barcelona it seems
    Always loved riots and thunderstorms
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Essexphil said:

Obviously this wasn't me-I'm xxx or Ess3xPhil rather than xxxx :)

It is not a horrible call-flush draw, 2 overs, he is flipping against a lot of hands (like this one). He might even be a marginal favourite, depending on the suits.

DYMs depend on preservation. MTTs involve more of a gamble to get the big stack

What hands that jam are we doing bad against? When you factor in worse flush draws, call seems fine.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Had a lovely week in Barcelona.
    Did all the usual things.
    We went to the Sagrada Família, Park Güell, Las Ramblas and so on.
    The weather was really good and the demonstrations didn’t cause us any issues.
    All we saw were peaceful gatherings although as we came away last night there was a little menace in the air and the Police presence was far greater than it had been.

Unsure right now but may have a go at the poker malarkey this evening

Good luck all playing tonight

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373

La Sagrada Familia is beyond extraordinary.

I just stood & stared at it in wonder for half an hour or more.

How on earth did they build that thing?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Yep, it’s an incredible place. It’s due to be finally completed in 2026 which will mark 100 years since Gaudís death and 144 years since the first stone was laid.

We went inside too. While that is beautiful it felt a little underwhelming after what we’d viewed from the outside. Also it’s Spain and so everything is chaotic and they seem to make all the sights as confusing and difficult to actually get into as they possibly can.

At Park Güell, 4 different ticket staff dotted around the park told us we could get in at 14.00, 14.15.14.30 and 14.45. When we queued the guy walking up the line said it was 6.30 or we could could get tickets for another day.
    When we eventually got to the front of the queue the guy there said he would print tickets for 6.00 but if we went straight to the entrance then we could get straight in as it had quietened down.

I’d been before to most of the sights but it was the first time for me at Plaza de Espana. The Magic Fountain was brilliant.

It’s rubbish when you get back and you haven’t got anything else booked.
    We’re now trying to find a place we haven’t been in Europe for the next break.
    Front runners are Budapest, Valencia and Bucharest at the moment

Anyone been there?
    Other recommendations well received too.

Played a bit of poker twice last night.
    Lost £38 in the first little session and won £40 in the second

So, two quid towards the next trip 😊
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Budapest is supposed to be amazing (and really cheap) - it's our next planned trip and we're actually the only ones amongst our friends who haven't been before.

Have you been to Prague?

Favourite Euro trip probably inter-railing around Northern Italy - Venice-Verona-Florence-Sienna - could do Milan or the lakes etc too. The trains there are so ridiculously nice.

P.s. UTT
    P.p.s. That's the acronym for 'Up The Tigers'
    P.p.p.s The Tigers are Hull
    P.p.p.p.s We beat Derby - not sure if you saw?
    P.p.p.p.p.s Don't worry, Forest also fell to the mighty Hull in the same week
    P.p.p.p.p.p.s UTT
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Budapest is supposed to be amazing (and really cheap) - it's our next planned trip and we're actually the only ones amongst our friends who haven't been before.

Have you been to Prague?

Favourite Euro trip probably inter-railing around Northern Italy - Venice-Verona-Florence-Sienna - could do Milan or the lakes etc too. The trains there are so ridiculously nice.

P.s. UTT
    P.p.s. That's the acronym for 'Up The Tigers'
    P.p.p.s The Tigers are Hull
    P.p.p.p.s We beat Derby - not sure if you saw?
    P.p.p.p.p.s Don't worry, Forest also fell to the mighty Hull in the same week
    P.p.p.p.p.p.s UTT

Yeah i’ve been to Prague. Fabulous place
    Turned down Hooters to go to the Estates Theatre where Amadeus was filmed and saw Don Giovanni there.

P.s Hull have a rubbish kit
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited October 2019
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Yep, it’s an incredible place. It’s due to be finally completed in 2026 which will mark 100 years since Gaudís death and 144 years since the first stone was laid.

We went inside too. While that is beautiful it felt a little underwhelming after what we’d viewed from the outside. Also it’s Spain and so everything is chaotic and they seem to make all the sights as confusing and difficult to actually get into as they possibly can.

At Park Güell, 4 different ticket staff dotted around the park told us we could get in at 14.00, 14.15.14.30 and 14.45. When we queued the guy walking up the line said it was 6.30 or we could could get tickets for another day.
    When we eventually got to the front of the queue the guy there said he would print tickets for 6.00 but if we went straight to the entrance then we could get straight in as it had quietened down.

I’d been before to most of the sights but it was the first time for me at Plaza de Espana. The Magic Fountain was brilliant.

It’s rubbish when you get back and you haven’t got anything else booked.
    We’re now trying to find a place we haven’t been in Europe for the next break.
    Front runners are Budapest, Valencia and Bucharest at the moment

Anyone been there?
    Other recommendations well received too.

Played a bit of poker twice last night.
    Lost £38 in the first little session and won £40 in the second

So, two quid towards the next trip 😊

This is a foreign language to me.
  • Options
    I think it’s fairly safe to say that it will kick off a bit at Derby
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373
    Jac35 said:

Blimey.

All things considered, can't help but feel a little sympathy for Keogh.

His leg is wrecked, his career is over, & now he's got the tin-tack.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50242841
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Blimey.

All things considered, can't help but feel a little sympathy for Keogh.

His leg is wrecked, his career is over, & now he's got the tin-tack.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50242841
    I feel sorry for him
    Keogh had a great career at Derby and the end of his footballing days is now heavily tarnished

I imagine he will contest it
    I believe that Morris is very smart and will be very confident in what the club have done. It kind of makes sense. The club will save close to a million by doing this. It’s purely business but It all seems so wrong though. Lawrence and Bennett are far more guilty but have a value and are available to play. Keogh isn’t
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    People’s levels of ignorance and stupidity never fail to astound

A friend at work recently shared publicly that their troubled son was finally prepared to come out and was now free and was Jenny and their real self
    Brilliant

Yesterday a union rep shared a ridiculous and unfunny Transphobic post on Facebook

I actually like the rep. I’m convinced he meant no harm and was just thoughtless. I approached him about why he’d done it and it was exactly what i thought.
    It had made him laugh and without thinking he shared it.

I suggested he delete it, considering his position and also the fact that it was simply
    unpleasant, and he has done and has apologised to Jenny’s Dad at work

I just wish he’d thought more in the first place.
    Social media is in the main fantastic but it can also be dangerous
  • Options
    Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    As a DYM grinder I've enjoyed reading this thread, especially the nostalgia element.

Not to hijack anything but it made me think about my journey into poker. Back in 2009 I was getting married and had decided to go to Las Vegas for my stag do with some close friends. It was always something I wanted to do but it had nothing to do with poker. At the same time in the months leading up to it my fiancée (future wife) and I started playing a home game with work friends. There were typically 6-8 of us who would meet every Thursday evening and play. I didn't have a clue (looking back I remember excitedly tabling my hand and declaring I had 3 pair). I enjoyed the game though, loved the bluffing component but really had no clue (I can't stress enough how bad I was), something in me clicked though and I thought as part of my stag do we should all play a tournament. In preparation I bought myself Harrington on Hold'em. I read both volumes in the lead up and during the flight to Vegas but my mind was still focused on the partying we were going to do out there so much so that by the time the tournament came around I almost didn't play and tried to convince the guys to go to a pool party instead. Thankfully they convinced me otherwise and I got my head in the game. This time I was focused on applying what I had read, tight was right, I was going to be aggressive, if the older guys bet big they usually have it, play more hands from the button and fold more UTG. I remember being oddly nervous when I sat down, I don't recall the exact number but there were around 140 runners at the Sahara, I didn't expect to last long but my tactics were working, one by one my seven friends busted the tournament the field was thinning yet I was still growing my stack, attacking tight players and folding when I didn't have a pretty hand. I recall looking over at them as the morning tournament had progressed to the early evening and they were getting ready to head out for drinks whilst trying to patiently waiting for me (the stag) to finish this game of cards. I was far from a wizard and really luck boxed the whole thing but somehow I finished third overall. I can't remember the buy in or the pay out but it was decent enough to pay for my stag do whilst I was there and even bring money back. I don't even remember my bust out hand but I do remember tightening up and playing scared at the final table as I eyed the first prize - such a rookie mistake in hindsight. Looking back now the standard of play (even in Vegas was poor compared to today - I just nitted up and bet very aggressively - but if I didn't have that decent cash I probably would not be here today. My love affair with poker was still at an embryonic stage but it was pivotal and I was extremely lucky with the breaks I got.

I'll try to post how I started with online poker and Sky later, my many battles with Jac, PatWalssh (RiP), Dial etc, my thoughts on DYM strategy in todays games when I get more time.