You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373

Fabulous memories.
  • Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    Loving the stories, great read
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Enjoying the stories!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,408
    edited November 2019
    I see more posts , Im putting off reading them till later after dinner . Totally looking forward to them.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306
    mumsie said:

I see more posts , Im putting off reading them till later after dinner . Tottally looking forward to them.

Doesn’t one mean lunch? 👹

Agree about here posts!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,408
    madprof said:

mumsie said:

I see more posts , Im putting off reading them till later after dinner . Totally looking forward to them.

Doesn’t one mean Dinner? 👹

Agree about here posts!
    Can you edit out the spelling mistake please.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,482
    edited November 2019
    Well there we go

I chuntered for the 2nd time in quite a while in the chatbox when duesenberg was present earlier

Things were not going well

I’ve had a pretty grotty time of it at the tables recently

But it got better.

I managed a 2nd in a £11bh doing very well not to take a single head along the way. But added £102 to my balance all the same

Just bust my last Mtt
    The £22 ukops bh

Seriously outclassed it was nice to flop a straight heads up. 78hh on 9 10 J seemed ok. Turning a flush draw was decent. Losing on the river to Q8 less so

But, £445 up on the night is ok
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    10pm: "I've never known runbad like this before"

1am: "Finished up £445 on the night"

Chuntering confirmed +EV :D

Well played bud.
  • Options
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    Well played last night.

Re: Keogh. It seems harsh to me. What are your thoughts on the matter?
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Well played last night.

Ta

I think it’s harsh but understandable.

Given his service to the club I would have preferred it if the club had just written off the money and let him retire with his head held high.
    But it’s not my million or so that pays his wages.

The cold side of it is that he was not going to play again under his current contract whereas Lawrence and Bennett are fit to play. They are also worth in transfer term probably around 8 million to the club.

I think he should have taken the reduced contract. He would still have earned plenty and also been free to use the facilities at the club in his attempt to get fit again.
    I think it’s a bit rich from his agent saying that he should have been treated like family. If Keogh had seen the club as family then I think he would have taken the deal.

Also for his agent to say there’s more to it but can’t say what that is is just silly and incongruous.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    Jac35 said:

waller02 said:

Well played last night.

Ta

I think it’s harsh but understandable.

Given his service to the club I would have preferred it if the club had just written off the money and let him retire with his head held high.
    But it’s not my million or so that pays his wages.

The cold side of it is that he was not going to play again under his current contract whereas Lawrence and Bennett are fit to play. They are also worth in transfer term probably around 8 million to the club.

I think he should have taken the reduced contract. He would still have earned plenty and also been free to use the facilities at the club in his attempt to get fit again.
    I think it’s a bit rich from his agent saying that he should have been treated like family. If Keogh had seen the club as family then I think he would have taken the deal.

Also for his agent to say there’s more to it but can’t say what that is is just silly and incongruous.
    Ahhh, I wasn't aware of the reduced contract offer, makes more sense now.
  • Options

^^^

Nor me, first I had heard of a reduced contract.

If he were offered that, then yes, he should have bitten their hand off.

Reading between the lines, the Agent has tried a bit of negotiating & it's failed. The Agent, of course, earns less if Keogh earns less.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,658
    Tikay10 said:

^^^

Reading between the lines, the Agent has tried a bit of negotiating & it's failed. The Agent, of course, earns less if Keogh earns less.

well he,s earning nowt off Keogh now if thats the case
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

^^^

well he,s earning nowt off Keogh now if thats the case
    Yup, he overplayed his hand by the look of it.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    why were Lawrence and Bennett not sacked too?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,658
    HENDRIK62 said:

why were Lawrence and Bennett not sacked too?

they have value , it stinks i know
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    Loved the Vegas stories.
  • Options
    Just found this from June 2013
    It was a few days before going to my 1st SPT

Well, If Mourinho can return, i thought so could the ramblings for a short period.

Basically, it's because i was fortunate enough to get a seat for Saturday. I was going anyway but was resigned to playing in the comp that night. Now, i'm going to feel a part of it, for a short while anyway, and it will be really good to meet some of the really good players on the forum, and MAXALLY.

I don't actually know anyone on here. And so, if any of you are meeting up beforehand and don't mind an ageing, tubby little man tagging along, then please let me know where and when.

Not quite sure why, but i am really looking forward to this.
    It reminds me of when i was a kid and couldn't wait for the Cup Final. Remember, back in the 80's this was the match of the season bar none. Not hidden away on a Saturday night, after all the important Premier League games like Fulham v Norwich have taken place.

Coverage was on both BBC and ITV and started mid morning.
    We had the teams at the hotels, on the coach, the banal interviews. Every players prematch meal was pie and mash and favourite band was Genesis. Liverpools white suits.
    Remember the cup final songs? Everton had "HERE WE GO" Tottenham had a song that went something like "Spurs are on their way to Wembley, Ossies knees have gone all trembly"

In honour of those Cup Finals i thought i could do an interview. In the absence of Motty or Gary Newbon, i'll be asking the questions.

Pre match drink?

6-8 pints of Peroni in the Vine on Friday night.

Attire?

A rather fetching(flattering) dark shirt and jean combo.

Pre match music?

We're going with some old school. UTAH SAINTS and Joy Division.

Superstitions?

Never play the first hand. Unless it's Aces, or one of the cards has a picture on it, or they're the same suit, or they're connected.

Which charity?

Well, not charity as such but planning to donate plenty in the cash games after my brief spell in the tourney comes to a conclusion. Also, i believe somewhere else i pledged to buy Mr Tikay a latte, so another £2.50 or so there.

Good luck all, see you on Saturday
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,042
    Brilliant stories guys, keep them coming as they are a great read