You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    Tikay10 said:

So, how did last night's poker go, Grumps?

It was ok
    Still smarting from losing with Aces on the river for a head with 3 left though ;)
    edited December 2019
    Yes
    I quite enjoyed last nights poker. I played pretty well for once and ran decent as well.

I was all in just short of the money in the £33 and got there and then picked up a lot of cards and got a big stack.
    I lost with Aces with 3 left which left me short. That would have given me a big chip lead heads up.

The other two then clashed and we were heads up and i think i had about 150k and he had over a million.
    It was quite a long battle from there and i managed to chip up nicely and made a few good calls when he bet big on the river with Ace high and 3rd pair etc

We got it all in eventually where I called when i had J10 v his A8 on J Q 8 Q and the river was a brick
    Feel quite thrilled about it tbh. It’s only one tournament but it’s given me a bit of confidence back at decent stake mtts

The mini i only has half an eye on
    I went very low on chips with a lower full house and then won a few all ins and i was back in it
    I was very low as we got to the final table so was pleased to just ladder a couple
    more places

I messed up in the Sunday major
    Top pair and nut flush draw on the turn but i could have let it go and still been in ok position
    I knew he was strong

Derby are shocking
    It was very nice of @goldnballz to send me the match highlights
    I seem to have deleted them in error though without watching
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    Jac35 said:

Yes
    I quite enjoyed last nights poker. I played pretty well for once and ran decent as well.

I was all in just short of the money in the £33 and got there and then picked up a lot of cards and got a big stack.
    I lost with Aces with 3 left which left me short. That would have given me a big chip lead heads up.

The other two then clashed and we were heads up and i think i had about 150k and he had over a million.
    It was quite a long battle from there and i managed to chip up nicely and made a few good calls when he bet big on the river with Ace high and 3rd pair etc

We got it all in eventually where I called when i had J10 v his A8 on J Q 8 Q and the river was a brick
    Feel quite thrilled about it tbh. It’s only one tournament but it’s given me a bit of confidence back at decent stake mtts

The mini i only has half an eye on
    I went very low on chips with a lower full house and then won a few all ins and i was back in it
    I was very low as we got to the final table so was pleased to just ladder a couple
    more places

I messed up in the Sunday major
    Top pair and nut flush draw on the turn but i could have let it go and still been in ok position
    I knew he was strong

Derby are shocking
    It was very nice of @goldnballz to send me the match highlights
    I seem to have deleted them in error though without watching

Well done.

On 1 level, this sort of thing pales into insignificance. On another, it can provide a considerable amount of pleasure, albeit that it can be a little more tricky to be grumpy..

Had a tidy Sunday myself ;)

PS-can see you still have the ability to see the way the cards are stacked-Derby ARE shocking...
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315

@EssexPhil,

"Tidy Sunday".

How did ABC Geriatric do in the Grosvenor Leaderboard thing?
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    Tikay10 said:

@EssexPhil,

"Tidy Sunday".

How did ABC Geriatric do in the Grosvenor Leaderboard thing?

Just above 2nd :)
    Well done Phil

Top work Phil, very well done.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    Well played Paul, that’s the Xmas shopping sorted 😊
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,768
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

So, how did last night's poker go, Grumps?

It was ok
    Still smarting from losing with Aces on the river for a head with 3 left though ;)
    was it a 6 on the river
    excellent results for both Paul and Phil wp
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    Top results Paul, good timing too, don't tell Harry though, he might add to his Christmas list!

Here's the @EssexPhil thing. He goes by the name "ABC_Geriatric" on Grosvenor, which seems to me to be a really well thought-out alias.

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,066
    Well played @Essexphil What does the 12k passport include then? All GUKPT buy ins?
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,810
    Nice result last night Paul, wp wp B)
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Good work gents
  • glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    Essexphil said:

waller02 said:

Well played @Essexphil What does the 12k passport include then? All GUKPT buy ins?

Yes. Plus money for travel/hotels.
    Year-long freeroll-sweeeeet :)
    Plus I can wear a Grosvenor patch at the next SPT :)
    Great result Phil, well played.
    edited December 2019
    Bah!

Gonna rename the thread

‘Phils Mtts and stuff’ (sponsored by the excellent Grosvenor poker)

😉
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,713
    That’s what happens when you don’t post anything about DYMs!

WP Phil.