You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310

Congrats to @Jac35 too, on his 2 streak.
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 530
    Calling with AK in this these spots always seems the best option to me. If the raiser was another reg i would probably 3-bet.
    Jac35 said:

Dym question

Bubble and 3 stacks have around 2.2k and the big stack has the rest

Blinds are 200/400
    You’re in the bb with 44 and the sb shoves, he’s not the big stack
    Do you call?

If you haven’t called then next hand it folds to us in the sb and we have 9 4. The bb isn’t the big stack
    Do we shove?

You may fold both but
    Which situation do you prefer to go with?

Fold 44. Push 94
  • Viking25Viking25 Member Posts: 46
    Tikay10 said:
    Thanks Tikay. I've been a long-term, infrequent reader of the forum but will try to post a bit more going forward! I think Sky have something special with regards to their community, which has always attracted me to the site.
    Viking25 said:

Tikay10 said:
    Thanks Tikay. I've been a long-term, infrequent reader of the forum but will try to post a bit more going forward! I think Sky have something special with regards to their community, which has always attracted me to the site.
    @Viking25

Excellent news, thank you.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

We have various free entry Forum Comps, and a few prizes, so don't be shy, & if you have any questions about them just ask.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    edited January 2020
    No poker last night

Went to see The Gentlemen

It was ok. Standard Guy Ritchie fare

Cinema was a shocker.Had to go there as the show times worked better. I’m really getting to that age unfortunately. I remember it being built. I went to see Thelma and Louise there with a girl. Well not quite. She didn’t show.
    It hasn’t changed a bit since. Although fortunately the girl showed this time
    Think i’ll play tonight in the faint hope that i can improve on my 2 streak.

Dym question

Blinds 50/100
    We have 3400 on the button with 5 left and 10s

Cut off opens to 300. He’s playing 2200. He’s a busy player

I folded

Not quite sure about that one. Think i’m happy with it

What do you do?

Think I like the fold too.

Not mad keen on flatting here, & we could end up committing an awful lot of our stack without really knowing where we are, & there will be a whole lot of flops we don't like.

Pleased to see you have joined Team Nit.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,269
    edited January 2020
    Dym question

Blinds 50/100

I folded

What do you do?

On the Button with your stack I'm calling. as I would always want to see the flop with 10's ........ but then I'm a Non-Nit Bingo Fish and probably why I play Turbo DYM's :)

.....and I'm not very good at them!
  • Viking25Viking25 Member Posts: 46
    Jac35 said:

No poker last night

Cinema was a shocker.Had to go there as the show times worked better. I’m really getting to that age unfortunately. I remember it being built. I went to see Thelma and Louise there with a girl. Well not quite. She didn’t show.

Dym question

Blinds 50/100

I folded

What do you do?

I'm pretty sure jamming all-in is the optimal play in this spot, especially if you have the read that he's more active than population. It really depends what the other stacks look like but we can exert so much pressure on him because of ICM as we cover him. His calling range vs your jam should look something like JJ+ and AK if all stacks are quite equal so just think about the amount of hands we get to fold out by jamming if he's opening quite wide.
    edited January 2020
    Viking25 said:

Jac35 said:

No poker last night

Dym question

Blinds 50/100

I folded

What do you do?

I'm pretty sure jamming all-in is the optimal play in this spot, especially if you have the read that he's more active than population. It really depends what the other stacks look like but we can exert so much pressure on him because of ICM as we cover him. His calling range vs your jam should look something like JJ+ and AK if all stacks are quite equal so just think about the amount of hands we get to fold out by jamming if he's opening quite wide.
    I’m not sure
    We’re in good shape as it is
    His calling range might well be those hands if he’s a decent reg but I see a lot worse call. But hands that still have decent equity against us

Against a decent reg i’m a fan of raising to 750/800ish
    Although not many good regs would raise to 300

If they make it 200 then i’m liking the 550 raise to put them in a difficult spot
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 530
    Jam
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,713
    Depends on stacks and how capable the other players are at the table.

If we think the openers calling range is as tight as JJ+ and AK and their opening 3x range is much wider we should potentially be shoving loads more hands that block, so Ax KJs+ are good candidates (possibly better than 10s), just depends on how much you need the extra chips and what this action might do to the game dynamic. Sometimes in these spots when there’s a crazy player you just need to wait for one of the shorter stacks to go to war with them and chips flying for you is a good result.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,768
    points deduction , dont worry we wont be far behind you seems it might happen to a few clubs
    stokefc said:

points deduction , dont worry we wont be far behind you seems it might happen to a few clubs

Yeah not good

It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out
    Tikay10 said:

Do you ever lose?

It's like printing money.

Your bokking skills are are as powerful as ever 😉

It could have been worse

I won about 4 hands at Dyms in the first 2 hours. And they were walks in the big blind

My bankroll stood at 29p with 2 £5 Dyms left, the £5 rebuy and the 6.30 £5bh

Won the Dyms. Won a head for £9 when I had 2 bbs in the £5 rebuy

Then came 6th in the 6.30

Not disastrous in the end

Lost £30 on the night

Packing up now
    Rubbish game
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    Jac35 said:

No poker last night

Not a fan of Guy Ritchie

Dym question

Blinds 50/100

I folded

What do you do?

You know I jam :-)

• Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Do you ever lose?

It could have been worse

I won about 4 hands at Dyms in the first 2 hours. And they were walks in the big blind

Lost £30 on the night

Packing up now
    Rubbish game
    Got 99 problems but BRM ain't one! ;)

Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Do you ever lose?

It could have been worse

Lost £30 on the night

Packing up now
    Rubbish game
    Got 99 problems but BRM ain't one! ;)
    Well yeah
    But it’s nice when you improve your bankroll by 334% :)

Played for a couple of hours and won £19

Bit annoying that i lost my last few dyms on the bubble but still ok

Can’t be arssed to play anymore tonight so i’m going pub

Gl all playing
  • Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 90
    Jac35 said:

No poker last night

Dym question

Blinds 50/100

I folded

What do you do?

I'd jam here some times, flat call a lot of the time and fold sometimes. My decision will be based upon what range I think villain is opening and how likely he is to call a shove plus the general strength of the table. If it's an unknown player I'm more likely to flat, a reg I'd likely 3 bet/shove. Aggro fish and I'd probably fold.
    edited January 2020
    Achieved this morning but failed tonight

Harry has been in the loft room since we moved in. I think it’s great but he’s been saying that he wants to use the bedroom on the same floor as me for a while.
    His Mum picked him up to go to a birthday party at 9,45 and by 1.30 when he came back he had a new bedroom with a few new bits added to it
    He was most impressed which makes it worth it 😊

Failed tonight, kind of. Did actually win some money
    Won £2 😊

Not playing Dyms well at the moment
    Any chance of carrying my 3 streak at £11s over Sky?

Got deep in the 2 9.30s
    Lost a flip in the £3.30 rebuy for a massive stack

Then had one which I’m sure misterpj would be fine about and just shrug his shoulders

18 left and the button playing avg stack 3xes
    A just above average stack aggro Sb goes all in
    I have QQ in bb

I have a just above average stack too. This is a good spot I think. So I go all in 😊
    Button snaps and shows K6. Sb has 77

Gg me 😊 (well not quite as i won the side pot. i had a couple or so bbs left and got in a flip with Chrisdonkb. Then it was definitely gg)

Poker is jolly frustrating at times.

Got 490 points but can’t be bothered to get the extra 10
    Week off work so I’m going aim to have a lot of sex and improve on my 3 streak at Dyms